Craptacular GameStop Offer

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
So GameStop yet again have pulled out all the stops and are offering either Gun or TrueCrime NY for free, with the trade in of 2 Games.

But as usual the list of games that can be applied towards the deal is limited to mostly new or high dollar trade in games. Those of you who cleared up at the TRU's 10$ sales may have a few to apply (Resident Evil 4 - PS2 is listed), but all told you would be better of keeping your games and just buying either game used.

And if you desperate to get Tony Hawk American Wasteland, you can trade in two games and pay an additional 10$.

Expires Feb 7th.

I don't know why they bother, for the 3 times the promotion gets used across America, I would have thought the marketing costs to produce the flyers outweigh the possible number of fools who would actually take advantage of the deal.

Why would anyone take advantage of this deal? Its awful, ridiculous, and crazy. No one can be that possibly stupid...

Yes, I was just abusing my local Gamestop employees about the deal, debating whether I wanted to trade in 80 bucks worth of games, for a game i could get for 19.99 at Best Buy....another stellar GS deal

[quote name='skinsfan56la']Why would anyone take advantage of this deal? Its awful, ridiculous, and crazy. No one can be that possibly stupid...[/QUOTE]

Ever taken a long look at some of the people who shop at Gamestop?

Yes, I was just abusing my local Gamestop employees about the deal, debating whether I wanted to trade in 80 bucks worth of games, for a game i could get for 19.99 at Best Buy....another stellar GS deal

:applause:

Incredible..What scammers

[quote name='skinsfan56la']No one can be that possibly stupid...[/QUOTE]

You would think that, but I'd bet you'd be surprised by the average intelligence of the GS shopper.

[quote name='Scorch']It was.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to find some glimmer of hope, I had thought the PS2 version was also 10$ (I don't own a PS2, so I guess I didn't pay enough attention).

X-Men Legends 2 is also on the list, MX vs ATV Unleashed, LA Rush and Shadow of a real Hedgehog game is also listed. I guess if you were unlucky enough to own the last two, it would be a fair swap for GUN.

I hate GameStop. ebgames.com has some AWESOME deals last year, but if this is any indication, there won't be any more of those 1-2 hour mega sales (Metroid Prime 2, Four Swords, etc)

Sigh.

Some people just dont havea clue.

Thats how I got PD:0 LE,CoD2 and Condemned for $97 less than 2 weeks after the X360 launched. Used but mint and complete.lol

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']You would think that, but I'd bet you'd be surprised by the average intelligence of the GS shopper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just that Gamestop marketing dept. is manned by 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters

[quote name='Bezerker']Next they'll have Trade 2 Xbox 360 games for a free GBA game.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now...surely you mean Gameboy COLOR, not GBA.

RD

Haha, I couldn't believe that Way of the Samurai 2 is on that list. Out of those recent released games, here is the 2 years old game. WotS 2 does worth something, isn't it.

But man, one has to be pretty stupid to trade $80 worth games for some games you can easily get at Best Buy for $20 or $24 everywhere else.

[quote name='stoned99']I was trying to find some glimmer of hope, I had thought the PS2 version was also 10$ (I don't own a PS2, so I guess I didn't pay enough attention).

X-Men Legends 2 is also on the list, MX vs ATV Unleashed, LA Rush and Shadow of a real Hedgehog game is also listed. I guess if you were unlucky enough to own the last two, it would be a fair swap for GUN.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just trade them in for higher values at the same store.

[quote name='Bezerker']Next they'll have Trade 2 Xbox 360 games for a free GBA game.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe even "trade in 2 used games, get 1 used game free"... I'm beginning to loathe GS.

[quote name='DX']Thats how I got PD:0 LE,CoD2 and Condemned for $97 less than 2 weeks after the X360 launched. Used but mint and complete.lol[/QUOTE]

Breaking that down, that's $32 a piece for 3 games. More than I'd pay for any of those...

[quote name='alongx']Breaking that down, that's $32 a piece for 3 games. More than I'd pay for any of those...[/QUOTE]

Considering they all retail for $60 each that's 48% off....jeez

[quote name='DX']Considering they all retail for $60 each that's 48% off....jeez[/QUOTE]

I think you got a good deal, I think his comments are a good example of a thread crapper!!!

bread's done
Back