Crazy April Fools Oblivion DLC sale!: All DLC 1/2 Off, Horse Armor Doubled

Cantaloup

CAGiversary!
Ok, this is a bit strange. It sounds like an April Fool's joke, and it is. But it's also real -- I just checked the Xbox Live Marketplace myself. Those wacky folks at Bethesda are offering all Oblivion DLC for half price this week... except for the horse armor DLC, which is now twice the price.

In any case, here are the current prices (for XBL):

Shivering Isles: 1200 points
Knights of the Nine: 400 points
Spell Tomes: 40 points
Mehrune's Razor: 125 points
Horse Armor: 400 points
everything else: 75 points

Sources: Ars Technica, Joystick

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Same. Status code: 80070570. WTF is that all about?

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/kb.aspx?id=960052&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

Just keep trying, I guess. The points have already been deducted.[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to me today. A quick google search turned up a thread that said that's the error code when the stuff isn't available via the Marketplace (there was some Rock Band DLC that did the same thing months back). I sent in a problem ticket about it...let's see if it shows up at some point.

OMG, I just realized that I'm about to play Oblivion all over again...*gulp* goodbye another 100 hours of my life.

[quote name='Pck21']Thanks OP! I just purchased everything except the horse armor because I have the GOTY edition. Awesome![/QUOTE]

ah, i hope u didn't buy shiv. isles or knights of the nine, cause goty has those.

[quote name='polo14player']ah, i hope u didn't buy shiv. isles or knights of the nine, cause goty has those.[/quote]

Oh yea I know! :p I meant I bought everything except those 2 and the horse armor. Thanks for looking out for a fellow CAG though!

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']All purchases made on your account are tied to your account so, yes, you could do that.

Edit: Best way would be to buy them online (http://marketplace.xbox.com) and queue them up for download. Next time you're on an Xbox 360 with your account, they'll download. Keep in mind they'll be tied to your account and that console, so only do it for YOUR console, unless you feel like using your once-per-year DRM License re-issuance.[/quote]

I don't think there tied to your console, because I've downloaded plenty of stuff before I got the RE5 Elite and I just redownloaded and it gave me no problem at all. Just keep on playing my DLC stuff.

I played Oblivion a few years ago on my roomie's 360 for about 10 hours and haven't played since then. Seeing this thread made me realize there's a GOTY edition now that has the original game, Shivering isles, and Knight of the Nine stuff for $20 on PC. Seems like a sweet deal for me. I heard the PC version had a ton of sweet mods too so I don't think I'll bother with the rest of this DLC but $20 for the GOTY edition seems like a nice deal. Glad this thread reminded me about getting Oblivion.

[quote name='Mako1215']I don't think there tied to your console, because I've downloaded plenty of stuff before I got the RE5 Elite and I just redownloaded and it gave me no problem at all. Just keep on playing my DLC stuff.[/quote]

They work fine when connected to Live. If you disconnect from Live, your content only works on the console the DRM is assigned to.

Dang, a lot of missions for less than a buck. I'm probably gonna go to GS and pick up Oblivion used again.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Wizards tower, orrerry and I think fighters stronghold are not downloading for me.

All the other ones worked fine...[/quote]

I hope they get that shit fixed today!

[quote name='shieryda']I hope they get that shit fixed today![/quote]

Please keep us posted, as I'm waiting to see if this is resolved before I spend my points.

[quote name='Mysterio']Please keep us posted, as I'm waiting to see if this is resolved before I spend my points.[/quote]

If you want the content, I would still go ahead and buy it for this price. It's going to go up again next week. You can always download the content again, if it does't work the first time.

I would have gotten these if they had also discounted the PC versions. These oldschool RPG developers are neglecting their roots. First, the half-assed Mass Effect on PC goes largely unsupported, now this.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Wizards tower, orrerry and I think fighters stronghold are not downloading for me.

All the other ones worked fine...[/QUOTE]

Same exact problem. I'll just wait for it to be fixed and re-download them I guess...

Quick question - is KoTN available anywhere other than the GOTY? I already bought it, but I will be upset if it is a stand alone game as well.

Shivering Isles - how does the stand alone work? Do I just insert the disc, install everything and I can throw the disc out? Or must I save it?

[quote name='expane']MY PS3 version AM CRY :( although I have Kot9 and SI from GOTY.. i actually want the other DLC but it will never happen. Bethesda hates PS3 :([/quote]

Oblivion is actually the only game that I own on both systems. I got it when it came out on PS3 before I had my 360, and poured a ton of time into it. I actually found the GotY edition for cheap last week and bought it because I wanted to get the achievements as well as try the DLC - and now this! Damn fine timing.

Really, a brilliant marketing tactic by Bethesda, knowing that this would get all sorts of publicity with them doubling the horse armor on April Fools Day. Well played, sirs.

Weird, I could have sworn the GOTY was supposed to have all DLC. I bought all of it before but when I got a new system I didn't bother downloading the DLC again because I thought it was on the GOTY Edition I bought later. Guess I need to download it again if I even can. Even though I did the hard drive migration, certain XBLA games still don't work. Damn DRM...

[quote name='Porksta']Quick question - is KoTN available anywhere other than the GOTY? I already bought it, but I will be upset if it is a stand alone game as well.[/QUOTE]

It's included with the Shivering Isles expansion disc.

Shivering Isles - how does the stand alone work? Do I just insert the disc, install everything and I can throw the disc out? Or must I save it?

Basically you install the content on your hard drive and then you don't need the disc anymore unless you need to re-install it.

I was having the downloading problem yesterday, but I DLed the system update just now and the Wizard's Tower DLed just fine after that.

[quote name='Cantaloup']It's included with the Shivering Isles expansion disc.[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuck, are you serious? Now I need points to get Shivering Isles. How long is this sale going on?

[quote name='kidu']I was having the downloading problem yesterday, but I DLed the system update just now and the Wizard's Tower DLed just fine after that.[/quote]

Same thing for me. Weird. (wizards tower, orrerry and fighters stronghold all downloaded fine after some update, looked at my memory and I think it was a marketplace update or something?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even started my Oblivion yet. I have the GOTY edition. I pretty much know nothing about this game only that I'll love it since I was addicted to Fallout 3 like crack.

Which do you guys recommend picking up for value?

You should at least get The Wizard's Tower, and maybe Mehrune's Razor. Really the thread already has some recommendations.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Same thing for me. Weird. (wizards tower, orrerry and fighters stronghold all downloaded fine after some update, looked at my memory and I think it was a marketplace update or something?)[/quote]

Same. This is a great sale!

[quote name='Porksta']Fuuuuck, are you serious? Now I need points to get Shivering Isles. How long is this sale going on?[/quote]

He's referring to the Shivering Isles retail disc...

51kJWwxpkaL._SS400_.jpg

...not the DLC on XBL. The Shivering Isles DLC does not include Knights of the Nine.

Bit on pretty much all of it (was gonna pass on the Spell Tomes, but for 40 points, what the heck?) Only passed on.. well, you know which one I passed on.

Orrery is kinda worth it. You get a few quests, but more importantly you get a spell based on the time of year. It's like one of those 24 hour spells you get from the sigil stones. I use the one that gives you +20 luck and -20 personality, since I'm playing a thief/assassin with as much luck as possible.

[quote name='trueheart78']I bit, and now fear the wrath of the wife...[/quote]

My wife doesn't get mad about the game, she just thinks I'm a big dork.:D

Good haul for everyone who got in on it. I already had all the DLC (including the horse armor unfortunately...) so it wasn't that big for me but I recommend all the extras.

Although I do wish they involved some discovery on their own instead of right away just handing you the keys like the Wizard's Tower or immediately pointing it out on your map like all the others and havign a quest blurb "Why don't you check this out?" Seems dumbed down.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Same thing for me. Weird. (wizards tower, orrerry and fighters stronghold all downloaded fine after some update, looked at my memory and I think it was a marketplace update or something?)[/quote]

It wasn't the system update. I installed the update yesterday morning, but still wasn't able to download the busted DLC. It wasn't until after work that I was finally able to pull it down. My guess is that MS turned that server back on after all of the complaints or something :p.

[quote name='skrutop']It wasn't the system update. I installed the update yesterday morning, but still wasn't able to download the busted DLC. It wasn't until after work that I was finally able to pull it down. My guess is that MS turned that server back on after all of the complaints or something :p.[/quote]

lmao probably.

i think I remember trying to download a bunch of this DLC a few months ago and none of it would work, so maybe because its so old or something idk.

bread's done
Back