Culdcept NEW!!! 2.99 @ EBgames B&M ymmv

KingNES

Banned
I went to my local EB and they had culdcept Brand New ^^ for the PS2 for 2.99, they also has everquest online adventure : frontiers for 11.99. I was also shown a company wide email showing the price drops, and checked with other local EBgames in my area, all had the price drops. So have at it. Great game for a great price.

Local computers show that I got the last one (display copy at W86th Willow Lake) in Indianapolis area. Closest stores with copies are in Marion and Richmond.

Thanks for the post OP!

I called my local EB store and they had the display copy available. I checked the disk, no scratches, never been played and the attendant was kind enough to shrink wrap it for me...wasn't that sweet. Thanks for this awesome find.

i got one, but the case has like a hole on the bottom right corner :( bah...3 bucks..its still worth it...also got the thing which was also used like culdcept was..."display copies", but the discs were mint and/or disc doctored...

I would pay for one as well. I'll try to see if there are any left at my EB, but I always seem to miss out on these sort of things.

I tried and was meet with disappointment.

I know everyone else has probably claimed what is left extra from the nice people out there, but if by chance there is still another copy left that someone could pass my way, I would be utmost greatful. ^_^;;;

I got a copy awhile back for $19.99 with no regrets. My favorite game in the PS2 library. I'll have to check it out tomorrow, wouldn't mind and extra backup copy.

I am heading there tommorow anyway, and without even thinking I know they have at least 3 copies of this game, I cant say if all are used or not. If anyone wants any I might be able to pick up some copies, but I can't promise anything.

thanks for the awsome deal OP. over the past 6 months I've been thinking about picking this game up... now since it's so cheap, I might pick up two copies. One for my cousin and one for me!...

Thanks for the deal OP. A buddy of mine was able to pick me up a copy. I've always been curious about the game with the girl with the crazy hat.

Picked up the display (and only last copy of Culdcept they had)and a copy of the thing in nashua NH and had no luck at the salomon pond mall EB

[quote name='simpsonps121']The guy at Eb told me someone went into the EB in the Columbia Mall and bought all of them. Oh well.

Matthew[/quote]

Atta boy shrike!

the one day I don't check CAG coming back from work. Wouldn't have ever considered this game before, but for $3 I'll jump on it. Seems like a good multiplayer game and has gotten some good reviews. I'll have to check tomorrow. Thanks OP!

[quote name='62t']If someone here must get a copy I can try to get hold of some used copies.[/quote]

If you're able to secure some, I'd like one.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='simpsonps121']The guy at Eb told me someone went into the EB in the Columbia Mall and bought all of them. Oh well.

Matthew[/quote]

Atta boy shrike![/quote]

Shrike is not from the East Coast. What is he doing raiding my mall. :)

Matthew

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='simpsonps121']The guy at Eb told me someone went into the EB in the Columbia Mall and bought all of them. Oh well.

Matthew[/quote]

Atta boy shrike![/quote]

Atta boy me? Nope. All I did is call 13 EB's in my area (didn't call any of them on the other side of the river in IL and one store that I didn't get on the phone) to find the three copies I picked up, all of which are either sold or pending out.

If there are any copies left in the St. Louis, they're in one store, or over the river in the few stores over in the Metro East area in IL.

Put 70 miles on the car last night tracking down those three copies. One EB rep said I should sell them for $20 a copy. :shock: Nice of him, eh? :roll:

Shrike is in St. Louis, MO, with a bunch of other CAGs. :D

There is a Columbia, IL, here, which is about 20 minutes from me, and there's no EB's there. There's a Columbia, MO, which is about 90 minutes from here, and there is at least one EB there. I'm not driving 3 hours round trip for a $2.99 game, in case you were wondering. :rofl:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It should be. New copies of Bouncer and Ridge racer 5 are $5 btw.[/quote]

Is the Bouncer worth $5?

Attention CAGs: First come first serve.

I picked up two copies of Culdcept from the local Owings Mills mall. One sealed and one display copy. I'm gonna keep the sealed copy for myself but the display copy is up for grabs. Make an offer. I've already Goo Gone'd it so it looks like new.

edit: under close inspection, the disc does look like it has a few smudges on it. Nothing serious though.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']It should be. New copies of Bouncer and Ridge racer 5 are $5 btw.[/quote]

Is the Bouncer worth $5?[/quote]

If you can find an actual sealed copy, probably -- last I checked some were going for ~$20 on ebay. But then again, this is EB that we're talking about here... chances of finding one that's still sealed is a bit lower than most places.

I have a display copy for the first fellow CAGer that PMs me. Just need $2.99 plus shipping.

EDIT: This has been claimed.

The sealed copies sold out before I got there, but I went ahead and got the display copy for $3. It wasn't in bad condition, but new and sealed for the same price is always better.

I refuse to pay money, even $3, for a display copy. I get so freakin' tired of those wankers saying the disc is brand new and then pull it out of their plastic sleeve with smudges and/or scratches. My definition of new is pristine. Someone should make what they do illegal. Tell me, how many of those open games are taken home and played by employees? Or are pristine trade-ins sold as new to make a few more bucks? In the days of color copies (didn't Toys R' Us use to have flip cards showing the front and back of game cases) and various security measures, there is just absolutely no excuse. No one should purchase display copies at EB or Gamestop. It only encourages them.

Ranting aside: For those of you in Southeast Houston, the EB at Baybrook Mall has their display copy which is new...with smudges. I chewed 'em out and walked away...never to return.

[quote name='CameronPhD']I refuse to pay money, even $3, for a display copy. I get so freakin' tired of those wankers saying the disc is brand new and then pull it out of their plastic sleeve with smudges and/or scratches. My definition of new is pristine. Someone should make what they do illegal. Tell me, how many of those open games are taken home and played by employees? Or are pristine trade-ins sold as new to make a few more bucks? In the days of color copies (didn't Toys R' Us use to have flip cards showing the front and back of game cases) and various security measures, there is just absolutely no excuse. No one should purchase display copies at EB or Gamestop. It only encourages them.

Ranting aside: For those of you in Southeast Houston, the EB at Baybrook Mall has their display copy which is new...with smudges. I chewed 'em out and walked away...never to return.[/quote]

In this case a display copy cost less than a used copy.

I normally would agree but $2.99 even for a used copy is a great deal so I had no such qualms picking up the display copy at my EB today.

Incidentally, I was told by one of the employees that the used copies should also drop to the same price within the next 2-3 days. Take that for whatever that's worth.

The only thing about the display copy that I got today for $2.99 was it was missing instructions...that kinda sucked...I'm on my way out to another eb right now to try and get a sealed one.

Bouncer and Ridge Racer too...those aren't bad for $5.

[quote name='Zon27']The only thing about the display copy that I got today for $2.99 was it was missing instructions...that kinda sucked...I'm on my way out to another eb right now to try and get a sealed one.

Bouncer and Ridge Racer too...those aren't bad for $5.[/quote]

So I got another copy of Culdcept but again it was the display...this one has instructions though.

This EB also had a sealed copy of Firefighter FD18 for $29.99 so I sprung for that too.

I got the display copy today, I'd rather pay $2.99 for a game that might have been used instead of $5 to rent it (assuming I could find a rental).

bread's done
Back