Current GameCrazy In-Store Ad: Elder Scrolls IV GoTY (360) $29.99

nintendokid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Price good until 10/05/08. Great price since the Oblivion standalone still retails for $29.99. Now, if only I would jump on the wagon. I'm 100% convinced that I would enjoy the game by just watching the videos.

Is that the one that includes the bonus content and expansion?

I already own the original, but none of the extra content. I would like to get it all in one shiny package, plus I could use the trade in of my copy towards it.

[quote name='HiddenPanda']Is that the one that includes the bonus content and expansion?

I already own the original, but none of the extra content. I would like to get it all in one shiny package, plus I could use the trade in of my copy towards it.[/quote]

Not sure if you know it but you could simply rent a copy of the GOTY edition, download the extra content to your HDD, and play it with your regular edition copy.

Is this ad different from the one that is on the web site? On the site, the thumbnail shows the GOTY edition, but the full size shows the original. How odd...... Has this been confirmed?

[quote name='rapsodist']Not sure if you know it but you could simply rent a copy of the GOTY edition, download the extra content to your HDD, and play it with your regular edition copy.[/quote]

Was not aware of that, thanks!

It was an accidental print and most stores will not honor. Best chance is to get add from store and then go to a place that will match prices like bestbuy.

[quote name='HiddenPanda']Is that the one that includes the bonus content and expansion?

I already own the original, but none of the extra content. I would like to get it all in one shiny package, plus I could use the trade in of my copy towards it.[/quote]

Only includes the expansions. None of the extra content like the Wizard's Tower or the Castle add ons available on Xbox Live. You still have to download those. But it's a great deal still. I gladly paid 50 bucks for this the first day I got my 360 way back when and I have no regrets about that!

LAME! About missprinted ad. Wal-Mart honors anything, even if you just SAY there was a sale they will usually believe you. At least when I worked there for 3 years thats what they told us. They're so big it doesn't matter if they lose a few bucks on one game. It's still marked up for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NateWhs152']It was an accidental print and most stores will not honor. Best chance is to get add from store and then go to a place that will match prices like bestbuy.[/quote]

And how do you know it was a misprint?

It's a mistake, from what I was told by a friend who works there. But they are supposed to honor it before taking all the ads down.... so get there first.

They are not going to waste ad space for a 2+ year old game at regular MSRP (Oblivion $29.99 MSRP). I highly doubt it was a misprint. I'll check the ad later.

Misprint. The Mentor-On-the-Lake, OH store wouldn't honor it and didn't have any ads in the store.

Also misprinted was Disgaea 2 at $19.99. It's supposed to be the GH Disgaea 1.

[quote name='nintendokid']They are not going to waste ad space for a 2+ year old game at regular MSRP (Oblivion $29.99 MSRP). I highly doubt it was a misprint. I'll check the ad later.[/quote]

Well it is a misprint and they occur at GameCrazy all the time, I used to work there as well. Consider this deal YMMV as not every manager will actually honor it... but some might the first time. It doesn't even say "GOTY" edition in the ad.

Original ad with GOTY misprint thumbnail
thCRAZ-4248-GC_Internets-3.jpg

Link to revised version, note the black GOTY cover in the thumbnail (second row, second from last) Which is now replaced by the Platinum Hits version of the regular game. I would not suggest attempting to get this at Game Crazy unless you really know or trust the workers. At my location, they constantly mis-price and mis-label games at cheaper prices, I would get to the counter and it would ring up at regular price and they act belligerent if you mention anything. They will not even attempt to resolve it, you can pay full price or get the fuck out.

Just go to Wal-Mart if you have the physical ad. They just adjust the price right at the register and if you have the ad, no questions asked.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Just go to Wal-Mart if you have the physical ad. They just adjust the price right at the register and if you have the ad, no questions asked.[/quote]

Yep, that was my advice. Those teenage girls don't even question it or think twice. Actually the Customer Service Manager's have to come by and approve that big of a price change but showing them the ad is fool proof. They aren't allowed by company policy to say no.

Check that, they can say no if there is no GameCrazy in the area. They only honor ads from LOCAL competitors. My Wal-Mart screwed people on that all the time because there was like nothing else within 30 miles. Yay rural Wal-Marts.

in store and mail if i remember right. between this and a misprint for the WiiFits being like $60 (luckily only a few got sent out), i've had to deal w/ way too many angry gamers :(

[quote name='imacgod']Anybody have the version of the ad with the GOTY edition?[/quote]

Yes, the thumbnail version is extremely small (obviously)

Well, I just have to say that this is the kind of info that CAG is invaluable for. I would have had no idea about this price (mistake or not) and the GC flyer otherwise. I was flying home today and wanted to stop at a Gamecrazy near the airport when I got home, anyway, to get some credit off my store account there. I got the card and left, and then remembered this thread that I read last night while packing, so I headed back in. I found the flyer on the counter and got the game for $29.99 no problem - though the guy did have to check a few things (he poured over the fine print but found nothing to negate the ad) and had to do an override to get me the cheaper price. But it was so worth it. I actually bought a used regular version a while back and had planned to do the rental thing to get the extra content. The problem is that nowhere around here (and I've checked several Blockbusters and Hollywoods) rents the GotY edition. And now I feel better about it because I don't have to do that sneaky thing and have it legit now (I don't feel bad about taking Gamecrazy up on their advertised price one bit - especially if they are shooting people down at other locations).

Anyway, thanks a ton OP!

I did forget on my way out to grab the ad, so I can't scan it for you guys unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my copy last night. I went to my local Gamecrazy after returning some movies to Hollywood Video. I was hoping they had a copy in since I read this post. When I asked him about the price, he told me the ad was a misprint after seeing the info in his computer. He said it was the price for the regular edition. I asked him if he would price-match the ad. At first he said he couldn't then tried to suggest some alternatives. Finally, after some coaxing, I was able to get him to sell me the game for 29.99.

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back