[CURRENTLY DEAD] Free month of Xbox Live Gold tutorial for ANY silver account! (Valid and functional payment method and Xbox 360 console needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I forgot to cancel automatic renewal when I did this last month and today I saw an email saying thank you for renewing your gold. I'm pretty angry at myself for not canceling the stupid renewal.
thanks for paying for our Xbox live

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I forgot to cancel automatic renewal when I did this last month and today I saw an email saying thank you for renewing your gold. I'm pretty angry at myself for not canceling the stupid renewal.
I've done this a couple of times but all the free months I've received helps lessen the pain.

Uh oh.. so I might have to actually.. pay for Xbox Live? 

I have never won a free month from the Snickers contest either.. but maybe I should get a year then on a BF deal.

just tried and when doing the confirm purchase, it just closes. I have a vailid payment option (paypal). Not sure why it fails :|

It does still work. Any problems you might encounter can either be solved by trying again or by trying another payment method that actually works on Xbox Live. It doesn't matter what you think, like, I'm sure it works because I've used it to purchase stuff from a lot of places and it worked every time. What really matters is whether it works on Xbox Live or not. Like I said, to make sure your payment option is functional on Xbox Live, try purchasing something with a tiny price like a gamer picture or something and check if it actually works. If that fails, then so will the "purchase" of the free month, but it won't show any error in this particular situation. I hope I've cleared some more doubts.

I think this might be dead. I have been doing this for the past 3 or 4 months without issue, so I know the process pretty well. But this morning when I went to sign up for another month, the normal XBL Gold square was gone and there was one specifically about Games with Gold in its place. When I selected it, there was no longer an option for a free month trial.

Can anyone else confirm whether or not this still works? It would be a bummer if they finally closed the loophole, but I had a good ride on the train while it lasted. 

I think this might be dead. I have been doing this for the past 3 or 4 months without issue, so I know the process pretty well. But this morning when I went to sign up for another month, the normal XBL Gold square was gone and there was one specifically about Games with Gold in its place. When I selected it, there was no longer an option for a free month trial.

Can anyone else confirm whether or not this still works? It would be a bummer if they finally closed the loophole, but I had a good ride on the train while it lasted.
Nope, still works for me just renewed today, even after some system update that happened for me today, it still worked.

Has anyone done this more than about 4-5 times?  Didnt every console come with a (limited number of) free trial(s) anyway?  Could this be the 'loophole' that we've been using here?  Not really a loophole at all, something that MS pre-planned.

Nope, still works for me just renewed today, even after some system update that happened for me today, it still worked.
Huh... that's strange. I'll try again later tonight. I'm pretty sure I did the normal steps, but maybe I just had a brain fart.
Thanks for the confirmation! Here's hoping.

Edit: tried it again when I got home and it worked perfectly. Must have been a momentary thing this morning.

Perfect!!  I had a $1 month xbl ad pop-up what seems like a week ago or so and haven't seen it since.  Last night wasn't too eventful, yet I woke up very concerned I was gonna miss out on getting SSX.  Also, good on ya including the link to remove your payment options! 

Claps all around for this one working on this fine, fine day!  :applause:

Bumping this thread for an unfortunate update; read my original post.
Well that's unfortunate! If it helps, I just did this on Tuesday and it still worked perfectly. Guess I got in just under the wire. I guess I can't complain that I got 6 months free, but I was hoping to ride this train a bit longer. Oh well.

Damn was holding out until the 15th to try and get 4 games, oh well it was good while it lasted.

Thanks UnnyBolt for this. Managed to get like 8 games and the most important thing of course was the Gold only Mass Effect DLC 2 deals. :D/

My Gold expired today and on the Home page there is a window for "Gold Members Got $460 in Free Games." If you click it, it takes you to a page to "Go Gold Now." Choose that and you have the option to choose - 1 Yr, 3 Months, 1 Month, Redeem Code, or No Thanks. If you choose "No Thanks" it takes you to another page to Try Gold for Free.

I'll wait until the after the 16th or the end of the month since I was able to dl 4 games for the 360 this past month of Gold including Brothers. I hope it's still available then.

My Gold expired today and on the Home page there is a window for "Gold Members Got $460 in Free Games." If you click it, it takes you to a page to "Go Gold Now." Choose that and you have the option to choose - 1 Yr, 3 Months, 1 Month, Redeem Code, or No Thanks. If you choose "No Thanks" it takes you to another page to Try Gold for Free.

I'll wait until the after the 16th or the end of the month since I was able to dl 4 games for the 360 this past month of Gold including Brothers. I hope it's still available then.
Hmmm...I wonder if that is part of the 3 free 30-day trials per console we normally get.

I was just able to use it and I think I've already used up my 3 free trials in the past. Although, I'm not 100% on that.

Thanks Gideon68 for sharing that info. It sounded promising in the beginning, however when trying to access it at this moment, for me, it gives me an error code after I select "No thanks" (8C210007), which is specifically related to acquiring this trial month of Gold. I think CodeTrader might be right in what he said above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back