CVS-Wireless Air 60 Gaming System $4.99 IN STORE W/CVS CARD....& MORE ITEMS!!!!!!!!

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
EARLY, CHEAP CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!!!!!:D

Ok. So, I am not a big SD person, but I, randomly, check there throughout the year. Anywho, I was on there this morning and saw a thread mentioning this!!!

GAMING SYSTEMS $5. TELEVISIONS $20. PROJECTOR $20. BABY WIPES 82 CENTS. CHEER LAUNDRY DETERGENT $1.99. WIRELESS READER $20. MP3 PLAYERS $10. CAMCORDER $10. MR CLEAN CAR KIT 49 CENTS. ROBES $3. & MORE!!!!

Hope these items help someone! Lots to read!

***BE SURE YOU HAVE A CVS CARD TO GET THE DEALS. YOU CAN GET A CARD AT THE COUNTER BEFORE SHOPPING.***

You can get a $4 off $20 coupon if you sign up for their card. I, already, had 1 in my purse, so I entered the number online, my email, and got the coupon.

https://secure.ed4.net/CVS/enroll/global/signup.cfm

Wireless Air Gaming System $4.99 in store:

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...49&productId=850749&navAction=jump&navCount=3

There is this 7".....also there is a 3.5" and a 7" dvd/combo(they say don't buy the dvd combo) ALL $19.99 in store

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...17&productId=481217&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Shift3 LOOKBOOK Wireless Reader $19.99 in store

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...08&productId=812108&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Craig 13" HDtv and there is a 15" $19.99 BOTH in store(**PLEASE NOTE, SOME CALIFORNIA STORES MAY NOT GIVE YOU THIS PRICE ON THE BIGGER TV**):

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...99&productId=723099&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Zone 3D Interactive Gaming Console $4.99 in store (blue/red glasses)

Shift Light Blast Projector $19.99 in store

P13001234.jpg

I would by one of those tvs if I could get one for $20, but there's a difference between these off name companies at CVS and the "off" brands at Best Buy. I picked up a 50' Insignia for a spare bedroom during the holidays at Best Buy and googled the model and it's the exact tv/same board as a Panasonic model, just a different name.

That projector looks a lot like the one they sell at Kmart that I got at a thrift store for $20. It does what it says just don't expect a really clear picture.

I'm really interested in finding that Craig video player and the e-reader. Never had an e-reader before so my standards/expectations aren't going to be high. If it can read pdf files and microsoft word/note pad files that's good enough for me. Then again, I might just put that $20 towards a Nook or Kindle.

I wouldn't mind the portable television as well, in my case I'll need an amplified antenna.

Not interested in the knockoff Kinect. I usually find those plug and play toys at thrift stores every once in awhile.

Picked up the vivitar hd camcorder but the projector, mp3 players, and book reader were all gone in CVS close at home. Also tried the 15in HDTV and no go still rang up @ $150. Might try the 13in one next time.

[quote name='blackstarre']I think a lot of you are going a bit overboard against the people knocking these deals. No one's attacking the OP, which I would have a problem with- they're pointing out that, generally, 90% or more of deals that are too good to be true, such as "HDTV for $20" are.

As for everyone saying brand is irrelevant- yes and no. I think blindly buying name brand is dumb, but in my direct experience, on TVs, brand *generally* seems to matter, as a rule of thumb. A friend of mine bought a Dynex- which someone mentioned earlier. Great TV on paper. Had all the specs of any other big 40" TV, the same 1080p resolution of the others, for hundreds less. Just one problem: it looked like shit. People's faces became blobs, colors were bad- it was awful. He returned it a day or two later and spent nearly twice as much on a Sony that he's been thrilled with for a few years now.

Is every Sony or Samsung better than every Craig or Dynex? Maybe not, but in general most budget HDTVs I've seen from budget brands are clearly, visibly inferior, unless they've made massive strides recently. Specs are one thing, reality can be another.

Anyway, my only point is this doesn't seem like entitled whining to me at all- the fact is when you have prices this low, there is usually a reason. if you just need a cheap knockoff, fine, but buyer beware is worth mentioning. I'd suspect we all know that, but still, we're here because our money is valuable to us. If you get fed up with these and just end up spending more in a month or less to replace them, was this still a good deal or a waste of time and money?

Sorry for the rant. Just thought it was worth saying this. Good luck to everyone hunting for these if they're what you want, and no offense intended to the OP- this just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

I will testify that I have a Dynex TV and I love it (after some research I found out it had an LG screen in it). It's the replacement I picked up when I returned the Black Friday Panasonic I bought and thought looked like sh!t, and cost me about $100 less.

You have to do your research, but not all budget brands are terrible...

too bad the CVS Tablets aren't ringing up something crazy like $9.99. I would pick up one of those in a heartbeat. Still interesting deal, although there really isn't anything I am too interested in.

The issue I have with buying an "off" brand TV is that you don't get to see it in action before buying it at a place like CVS. Combine that with the supposed "no returns or exchanges on clearance items" and you've got a risky proposition.

[quote name='WingsDJY']The issue I have with buying an "off" brand TV is that you don't get to see it in action before buying it at a place like CVS. Combine that with the supposed "no returns or exchanges on clearance items" and you've got a risky proposition.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a one day return policy on clearance items. If you buy a TV for $20 expecting it to act like a champ and last a long time per say a Sony or Samsung then yeah don't go in on this deal.

I can report AZ is all out everywhere.. I did manage to score a projector about 5 min from my house. From the first hour of playing around with it, it is worth 20 bucks. Is it shitty quality? Absolutely... Not good for games at all...... but the video and movie playback is great. The speaker built in isn't too bad either. Also looked up replacement bulbs and they run under 10 bucks. So all in all if you have a chance to get one.. Go for it. Ebay has them around 30 bucks too.. everyone is trying to make a quick buck. Thanks OP

Surprised to see all the hate for this thread! lol This is the kind of stuff you buy to put in areas and/or situations in which things might break and/or where quality is meaningless. Might pick up one of those TVs for my kitchen counter.

Oh, wait- are you supposed to need the card to get the price on that 13" T.V.? If that's the case, I may need to pay another trip to that store, sign up for a card and try again. Can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh, wait- are you supposed to need the card to get the price on that 13" T.V.? If that's the case, I may need to pay another trip to that store, sign up for a card and try again. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]
I would think so, since it IS right in the thread title.:booty:;)

Hit up two cvs on my way out and couldn't find the mp4 tablet looking things. Anyone know where those may have been located in their local stores. I realize they may have sold out but the only display I saw was Zhu zhu pets.

I was a little late on this deal (saw that these things started getting reported on SD about 2-3 days ago), so I wasn't expecting to find much. Luckily, people around me don't seem to like cheap deals a lot of times, because the 3 stores around me still had pretty good selections.

At the first store, I managed to grab one of the Vivitar Camcorders (they had about 5-6 of them), one of the projectors (had 3), and one of the crap $5 wireless 'game consoles'. All of these were on an endcap near the front of the store. The second store had a decent selection of the TV's and media players, but they were in the back of the store by the pharmacy, so they apparently didn't get too much notice. There I scored a 3.5" and a 7" portable TV (No, I'm not expecting it to rival my 55" Samsung 3DTV in picture quality, but for $20/ea, I still think it's a steal for emergency/kitchen/bathroom use), and a couple of decent 4.3" Coby touchscreen mp3/video players for $10/ea (I haven't seen these mentioned yet, how could you complain about it for $10? Touchscreen, video capable, 4gb memory built in, and a micro SD slot...unbelievable features, even if they work just half way decent, for a disposable price), as well as some different $5 'video games'.

I also discovered a huge cart full of the Kung Zhu pet stuff, clearly marked $1/ea, sitting at the front of the store. The lady mentioned they had literally sold about 2 items out of it. My young son quickly became interested in them, so I told her I'd take the whole cart! Literally a cart full of toys for the cost of 1-2 of his normal toys...how could I not? Spent just over $100 in that store, and I had to take two trips to my car to load up all of the stuff I got! They also had some more of the Vivitar camcorders at this store, and some 35mm slide convertor/usb scanner for $19.99 that I didn't get.

We rounded out our day with a trip to the 3rd store. They didn't have much in the way of electronics, just some of the ipod accessory packs mentioned, and some of the cheap 'video games', but we managed to pick up a few Zhu Zhu things for my son that they didn't have at the other stores. The total for the merchandise what like $160 before she hit total and applied my card..then it dropped to $8.xx. :)

Yes, we all know that this is fairly lower end stuff, but at these disposable prices, I think there are still some fantastic deals to be had. But then again, there's nothing really video game-related, so I personally think this could get kicked over to Deal Discussion or some other area.

Obviously online prices are going to tank on most of this junk, I'm tempted to go clear out the rest of this stuff from the stores and setup a flea market booth for a few weekends. It would be an easy way to make a quick couple hundred bucks, but I have the feeling many others will be doing the same at the local flea, so I might have to wait until the late spring or summer to let others sell through their inventory.

I checked out my local CVS and they had the tvs running at 150$ which was a downer but I then notice they had the Craig MP4 player (4.3 inch) and I got it for 9.99$. I got home and open it up and wow.... this thing is cheap I can understand cheap and working but this one I bought had a white screen of death and for the kicks I called their support line and told the customer service about the problem and she herself laughed and said just take it back to CVS for a refund. I asked her if she got any calls relating to said mp3 player and she said yeah I was the 4th person haha. Heres a picture of it.

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=7220&pictureid=26759
picture.php

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Surprised to see all the hate for this thread! lol This is the kind of stuff you buy to put in areas and/or situations in which things might break and/or where quality is meaningless. Might pick up one of those TVs for my kitchen counter.[/QUOTE]

Followers. They're nothing but miserable followers filled with hate.

This thread just goes to show how spoiled people are. They're a lot of people out there who can't afford brand name big ticket items. Some of this stuff my be cheap knock offs but give it to a kid on xmas morning who don't have shit & he will be happy.

[quote name='Greyslash']I would love to score one of those TVs, can anybody confirm the 15in rings up at 19.99?[/QUOTE]

So far no @ least in this thread. Must be either a regional thing or a price mistake.

[quote name='sharkslope']This thread just goes to show how spoiled people are. They're a lot of people out there who can't afford brand name big ticket items. Some of this stuff my be cheap knock offs but give it to a kid on xmas morning who don't have shit & he will be happy.[/QUOTE]

A smart shopper doesn't buy big name ticket items just because of the name. At the same time, they don't buy crap that doesn't work and is a piece of crap.

Don't insult the intelligence of the kids.

[quote name='sharkslope']This thread just goes to show how spoiled people are. They're a lot of people out there who can't afford brand name big ticket items. Some of this stuff my be cheap knock offs but give it to a kid on xmas morning who don't have shit & he will be happy.[/QUOTE]

Until December 26th, when it stops working.

Yes in fact it was broken when i open it even the customer service laughed that i called in for support on it did you see the picture it was a white screen of death. Maybe it could be good if you get a working one but i recommend just getting a sylvania mp3 player at big lots for 20$.

anyone know the return policy on opened electronics are? can they be returned once the item has been opened? I'm asking because my projector was definitely used. Also want to return just in case this a clearance item and the return policy for those items are 1 day.

I only found out about this thread now so I doubt I'll be able to find anything when I go check tomorrow. Nevertheless, for those that got the projector, I know that it'll be bad for modern consoles but how does it look for the classic ones (NES, SNES, etc)? I have a feeling that it'll be my best bet should I want to play classic games on it without emulation, without trying to find a decently working CRT TV, and without trying to bear with LCD TVs for old material like this.

I'm gonna try to hook mine up tomorrow in my son's room and see what a basic DVD will look like, so I will try to drag an old console back there and check it out as well. I'll report in, because I have been thinking about using it for some OG gaming, as well.

[quote name='Spyder187']This is some ghetto ass shit yo...[/QUOTE]

Well yes, what do you expect from CVS and "craig". However for that price for a kid it'd be fucking amazing.

[quote name='JYabbz']anyone know the return policy on opened electronics are? can they be returned once the item has been opened? I'm asking because my projector was definitely used. Also want to return just in case this a clearance item and the return policy for those items are 1 day.[/QUOTE]

I work at CVS. These items are clearance prices. All sales are final. You can still try and you might get a sympathetic manager but it's really YMMV.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I work at CVS. These items are clearance prices. All sales are final. You can still try and you might get a sympathetic manager but it's really YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks YMMV was the case, 1 CVS said no but another said it was okay. Projector & camcorder were not great by any stretch but barely decent for the price. Only get if you want to give as a gift for stocking stuffers or as a backup just in case something else breaks.

I was a store manager at CVS until recently. This stuff is from over 2 Christmases ago. Most of it really is extremely bad. The return rate on most of these items was well over 75%. Considering that these are clearance prices and the majority of CVS won't allow returns on clearance items even at these prices you are taking a risk. On the other hand you can pretty much just threaten to complain to corporate and get your way you might be able to return some of it regardless. Seriously getting complaints at store level is pretty much the worst thing a store can have happen to it. The tvs do work though reliably and at 19.99 are probably the only thing that I would suggest buying if you need a small tv for like a kitchen or something (they do have VGA support as well) I owned a 15 inch one and gave it away and as far as I know its still working. Most of the Tv returns were due to old people not understanding how they work. I wouldn't touch the ereader with a 10 foot pole though and the gaming systems are ok for small children if you don't own like a wii. The portable dvd player/tvs had a lot of returns though they seemed to work ok from the store demos we had out.

Just remember CVS is pretty easy to manipulate as long as you stay calm (don't swear or physically threaten anyone) and then threaten to call corporate (1800SHOPCVS) or insist on talking to the District Manager.

But are the TVs actually a thing? I haven't seen a single person in this thread have luck with one.

[quote name='Buuhan1']But are the TVs actually a thing? I haven't seen a single person in this thread have luck with one.[/QUOTE]

I don't thinks so, seem like a pricing error or regional thing. Plus nothing on the clearance ad in store states the TV is $20. For me, its the only thing worth the price.

[quote name='DualHelix']I was a store manager at CVS until recently. This stuff is from over 2 Christmases ago. Most of it really is extremely bad. The return rate on most of these items was well over 75%. Considering that these are clearance prices and the majority of CVS won't allow returns on clearance items even at these prices you are taking a risk. On the other hand you can pretty much just threaten to complain to corporate and get your way you might be able to return some of it regardless. Seriously getting complaints at store level is pretty much the worst thing a store can have happen to it. The tvs do work though reliably and at 19.99 are probably the only thing that I would suggest buying if you need a small tv for like a kitchen or something (they do have VGA support as well) I owned a 15 inch one and gave it away and as far as I know its still working. Most of the Tv returns were due to old people not understanding how they work. I wouldn't touch the ereader with a 10 foot pole though and the gaming systems are ok for small children if you don't own like a wii. The portable dvd player/tvs had a lot of returns though they seemed to work ok from the store demos we had out.

Just remember CVS is pretty easy to manipulate as long as you stay calm (don't swear or physically threaten anyone) and then threaten to call corporate (1800SHOPCVS) or insist on talking to the District Manager.[/QUOTE]

Hi. I just got the prism portable digital LCD 7inch at CVS for $20.
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...17&productId=481217&navAction=jump&navCount=3

I was just wondering, can this be hook up to the car with a ps2? I was thinking of having it in the car to use as a DVD/PS2 player. Is that possible?
I know nothing about this topic. Also, am I better off getting something else?

[quote name='The Punisher']Hi. I just got the prism portable digital LCD 7inch at CVS for $20.

I was just wondering, can this be hook up to the car with a ps2? I was thinking of having it in the car to use as a DVD/PS2 player. Is that possible?
I know nothing about this topic. Also, am I better off getting something else?[/QUOTE]

From Amazon:

Product Features
Portable/Handheld Television with LCD Technology
Displays Resolutions up to 480i
Includes Remote Control, Antenna, AV Cable, Car Adapter, AC Adapter
ATSC/NTSC Built-In
Built-In Stereo Speakers, Great Value For a Great Picture, Great Detail for Video Games
Inputs: Component Video, Coaxial TV Antenna, A/V Composite, Coaxial Digital
Outputs: Audio, Headphone Jack
On-Screen Channel Display, English/Spanish Menu Languages, Closed Caption
16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
12ms Response Time
2 Speakers Front Panel Speakers
Operational Features: Digital Cable Ready, Auto Channel Programming, Cable Ready, Zoom Feature, Digital Tuner, Integrated NTSC Tuner, Sleep Timer

I found the TVs in my local CVS and promptly scan them on the register after scaning my CVS card. They rang $149.99, not $20. Also I found these gaming systems and yes they were $5, but pass on them. The only think that worthed a shot was the TV, all the rest is even biger junk and not worth spend on it.

Saw the projector and some of the other stuff (like the 7" tv and game systems) along with a few things not listed, like a standalone dvd player ($19.99 I think?) and a Sylvania 7" tablet accessory kit marked down to $14.99. I also saw a few of the 13" TVs with the price marked at $149.99 with no clearance tag (like other people have been reporting). A lot of the stuff looked beat up or like it had been opened and returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dumlaox']I only found out about this thread now so I doubt I'll be able to find anything when I go check tomorrow. Nevertheless, for those that got the projector, I know that it'll be bad for modern consoles but how does it look for the classic ones (NES, SNES, etc)? I have a feeling that it'll be my best bet should I want to play classic games on it without emulation, without trying to find a decently working CRT TV, and without trying to bear with LCD TVs for old material like this.[/QUOTE]

Well I think it will do the job just fine.. It is GREAT for the price on cable TV. Im watching Bellator and UFC tonight and so far once tweaked abit it really isn't too bad. My viewing area right now is about 80-95 inches. Absolute darkness is key for this to be a decent projector.

[quote name='MR_E']Saw the projector and some of the other stuff (like the 7" tv and game systems) along with a few things not listed, like a standalone dvd player ($19.99 I think?) and a Sylvania 7" tablet marked down to $14.99. I also saw a few of the 13" TVs with the price marked at $149.99 with no clearance tag (like other people have been reporting). A lot of the stuff looked beat up or like it had been opened and returned.[/QUOTE]

The tablet interests me. I might have to check that out.

bread's done
Back