DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

[quote name='blindinglights']41 PS3 copies left

Edit: Did anyone else see that :ps3: copy go on ebay for $27.27 shipped? Wonder how much profit he made :D LOL[/QUOTE]lol, ouch!

[quote name='TraBuch']Question to the people that ordered it from Gamestop and already got it in the mail, what shipping did you use?[/QUOTE]

I used overnight shipping. I had a promo code for $10 off so I figured it was a wash.

[quote name='kennedykougar']got e-mail confirming DA-SE shipped but no e-mail for the pre-order codes :\[/QUOTE]

Same here....

[quote name='blindinglights']41 PS3 copies left

Edit: Did anyone else see that :ps3: copy go on ebay for $27.27 shipped? Wonder how much profit he made :D LOL[/QUOTE]
Link? The lowest I see when searching for "Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition PS3" is $59.99, and I already think that person's an idiot for setting Buy It Now that low :lol: A $27.27 would be a good laugh

[quote name='kennedykougar']got e-mail confirming DA-SE shipped but no e-mail for the pre-order codes :\[/QUOTE]

You did buy it before today, right? I don't think Gamestop is sending those out anymore for orders made today. If you did buy it before, I think GS is still in the process of sending those out

[quote name='ithebigc']Link? The lowest I see when searching for "Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition PS3" is $59.99, and I already think that person's an idiot for setting Buy It Now that low :lol: A $27.27 would be a good laugh[/QUOTE]

Look under completed PS3 listings, it's right near the top.

It was an auction, I was watching it and it looked like 2 new users bid it up to around $30 and the seller canceled their bids because it went from like $30 to $0.99 and by the time the auction ended, it only got back up to $23.27 + $4 shipping.

I'm still waiting on the shipping notification. Ordered a PS3 copy yesterday, and it still says 'Pending'......

Edit: Hah! It changed to shipped moments after I typed that!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elvis731']Same here....[/QUOTE]

There are no codes for the PS3 version. Enter the UPC from the back of the box on http://social.bioware.com to get both the GameStop/Amazon sword and shield and the BestBuy ring.

360/PC codes are selling for $20ish on ebay, /sigh

guess Ill take a drive to Best Buy see if any are sitting around. I doubt it this late in the day but who knows

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']There are no codes for the PS3 version. Enter the UPC from the back of the box on http://social.bioware.com to get both the GameStop/Amazon sword and shield and the BestBuy ring.

360/PC codes are selling for $20ish on ebay, /sigh[/QUOTE]
Do you know the reason for this discrepancy?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']There are no codes for the PS3 version. Enter the UPC from the back of the box on http://social.bioware.com to get both the GameStop/Amazon sword and shield and the BestBuy ring.

Not true, I got a PS3 code sitting in my inbox right now from GS. GS also provides the .pdf with instructions detailing how to access the PS3 pre-order bonus items at gamestop.com/code, it's linked right in the email

My PS3 copy shipped. Can't wait to get it. I'm going to see if I can get all the extra DLC from Legends before it gets here. Already got the first two.

I'm taking my copy back to gamestop. Far as the codes, I assume people are talking about the code that prints out on the receipt?

I have to resist. Im seriously contemplating getting 2 more.

How much does the EA preorder code get? I dont see any listings and EA send me the code for the 360 version I wanted to cancel.

[quote name='ithebigc']Not true, I got a PS3 code sitting in my inbox right now from GS. GS also provides the .pdf with instructions detailing how to access the PS3 pre-order bonus items at gamestop.com/code, it's linked right in the email[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't have a code and I have all the pre-order items from entering in the UPC on the social site, so idk wth your code is for. Sell it, if anything cause you're not gonna get anything extra from redeeming it.

The pdf: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/pdf/DA2_PS3RAVE.pdf

Look at the instructions. It doesn't say anything about entering a code anywhere.

[quote name='ithebigc']Not true, I got a PS3 code sitting in my inbox right now from GS. GS also provides the .pdf with instructions detailing how to access the PS3 pre-order bonus items at gamestop.com/code, it's linked right in the email[/QUOTE]

I registered a copy of the PS3 version of dragon age with its UPC and it credited me with the preorder bonuses.

203980e838e5fbae4263f46c050e3936.png

*EDIT* and you can get the bestbuy preorder bonus by going to http://social.bioware.com/da2_bestbuy.php and selecting the upc entered before

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Look at the instructions. It doesn't say anything about entering a code anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Wonder why they are handling the PS3 side of things this way. Same for all DA2 promos, I think. The Dead Space Armor as an example.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Well, I don't have a code and I have all the pre-order items from entering in the UPC on the social site, so idk wth your code is for. Sell it, if anything cause you're not gonna get anything extra from redeeming it.

The pdf: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/pdf/DA2_PS3RAVE.pdf

Look at the instructions. It doesn't say anything about entering a code anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Huh ._. No one else pre-ordering the PS3 version has a pre-order code? My email says

Dragon Age 2

Congratulations! Your purchase qualifies you for the exclusive Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orials Shield!

Your unique code:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX,

Obviously it's not XXXX, but yeah, I got a 16 digit code, with a picture of the PS3 edition right on the left side. The only weird thing is that it has a comma at the end for some reason. Probably will sell it though, assuming the copy that does arrive is Signature Edition, I'll be happy enough getting it for $60, and the code fetching $15 or something

[quote name='Saint Noir']Wonder why they are handling the PS3 side of things this way. Same for all DA2 promos, I think. The Dead Space Armor as an example.[/QUOTE]

It's dumb as shit, didn't they correctly do it with ME2's Cerberus Network on PS3? (I don't really know cause I have it digital, but since it's paid DLC I'm assuming you couldn't register and get it for free).

So if they do it that way... why go through this terrible process -.-

[quote name='ithebigc']Link? The lowest I see when searching for "Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition PS3" is $59.99, and I already think that person's an idiot for setting Buy It Now that low :lol: A $27.27 would be a good laugh

You did buy it before today, right? I don't think Gamestop is sending those out anymore for orders made today. If you did buy it before, I think GS is still in the process of sending those out[/QUOTE]

Yup preordered on the 3/7 when they first reopened the signature edition pre-orders. Noticed that the dragon age website says u get the sword and shield just by registering a copy of the game under requirements ... anyone know if this is true?

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items/

Gamestop sent me a shipping confirmation a little bit ago for the PS3 Signature that I ordered yesterday. Hopefully I don't get my hopes up only to get a Reg edition in the mail

well ... once u actually try to go through with it it does ask for the promo code and the upc alone wont work :bomb: dammed gamestop better send those

I ordered one of each earlier today and i just received my shipping confirmation but only the pc one shipped the ps3 is listed as backordered wth?

[quote name='kennedykougar']well ... once u actually try to go through with it it does ask for the promo code and the upc alone wont work :bomb: dammed gamestop better send those[/QUOTE]

Really? You read my post?

[quote name='Brenex']I registered a copy of the PS3 version of dragon age with its UPC and it credited me with the preorder bonuses.

203980e838e5fbae4263f46c050e3936.png

*EDIT* and you can get the bestbuy preorder bonus by going to http://social.bioware.com/da2_bestbuy.php and selecting the upc entered before[/QUOTE]

Amazon's response about the "codes" that supposedly exist. Like we've been saying, all you need is to register the UPC to redeem 4 DLC items for the PS3 version.

(right-click -> View image, since CAG resized it too small)

da2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you register your copy and you dont see the two pre-order items... dont freak out... it must be delayed -.- was registering my dead space 2 for the sir isaac item and there they are... with the registration of the upc code alone ~.~

[quote name='Kaiser499']Did the PS3 version get the Sir Isaac Armor as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you just need to play Dead Space 2 on the same EA account that you have linked to your BioWare account and it unlocks on PS3.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Yes, you just need to play Dead Space 2 on the same EA account that you have linked to your BioWare account and it unlocks on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Did anyone have success applying 2SAVE20 retroactively after your order had already shipped? I was able to get 2 copies of both the PS3 and PC versions. I plan on keeping one PS3 sealed and adding it to my collection, gifting the other PS3 and selling the PC's.

If you did have success applying 2SAVE retroactively how did you go about doing it?

Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']Did anyone have success applying 2SAVE20 retroactively after your order had already shipped? I was able to get 2 copies of both the PS3 and PC versions. I plan on keeping one PS3 sealed and adding it to my collection, gifting the other PS3 and selling the PC's.

If you did have success applying 2SAVE retroactively how did you go about doing it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Call support and explain that you tried to use it but it did not work through checkout. Tell them what the code is and that it is valid until the 15th (I think) and that you wanted to know if you can get it applied on their end. If the order already shipped or processed (like mine had) they just issue you a $20 refund.

[quote name='blindinglights']Call support and explain that you tried to use it but it did not work through checkout. Tell them what the code is and that it is valid until the 15th (I think) and that you wanted to know if you can get it applied on their end. If the order already shipped or processed (like mine had) they just issue you a $20 refund.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Typical Gamestop. I called and the lady CSR asked me where I saw the code. I told her a friend mentioned it to me and that he had originally received it in an e-mail. She then went on to state that isn't a code that she can honor as it wasn't promoted through gamestop.com or their newsletter. She then went on a small rant about people "gaming" the gamestop system and mentioned the word "hackers".....

I wasn't sure how to play my hand so I told her I just tried to apply it online and it is working... so she put me on hold where I've been the last few minutes...

any thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT: WOW.... LMAO. She said that is NOT supposed to be a valid code; that it was going to be part of a promotion this week but the marketing team scrapped it but didn't take it out of the system.

she said she wasn't supposed to give anyone a credit that called inquiring about the code but would meet me halfway and give me a $10 credit. I wasn't sure what I had for leverage so I just agreed....

I then played dumb and stated that I was surprised that things like that happened and then she went on to state that this happens often and usually sites like....

CHEAPASSGAMER are to blame.....

She mentioned the website by name.... is that odd? I guess CAG is kind of a big deal...

Anyways she's probably reading the thread now and pulling my measly $10 credit on a $397.88 order; about a 2.5% discount...

Anyone else order with value shipping and get priority? That was a pleasant surprise, every time I order used games with value shipping it's slow as can be.

I called after I ordered two separate times. They were already being processed so she just gave me $20 refund. Pretty cool of Gamestop to do that.

[quote name='blindinglights']Anyone else order with value shipping and get priority? That was a pleasant surprise, every time I order used games with value shipping it's slow as can be.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a bad experience with Value shipping -- even when I lived in the boondocks. Seemed to come 2 days after I ordered each time.

Yeah, I ordered around 12-12:30 yesterday afternoon, as well. Been checking my status throughout the day, and still no update from the "pending" status. This has happened to me almost every single time I've ordered from Gamestop's website. They always seem to take forever to update the status, and then they take forever to package and ship the items. Last time this happened, I had to call the customer support line b/c it sat under the "packaged but not shipped," or whatever it actually says, status for three days. After calling, the woman who I spoke with was able to get it out the door same day w/ expedited overnight shipping w/ no extra cost to me. So, that was nice, but I shouldn't have to go through this every single time I order through them. This is one of the very many, many reasons I try to avoid business w/ GS.

Sorry for the rant, but it's necessary in this case. haha.

funny thing i did, gamestop is selling the ps3 version in stores as well, so i went and pick up a ps3 version, when to another gamestop and told the lady my ps3 was broken and if she could exchange it for the 360 version, she said no problem and now i got my signature edition for 360! i do have a ps3 but i have way to many games for it so i wanted to give the console a rest, just to make sure it will be functional by the time uncharted 3 arrives :)

[quote name='HydroX']I've never had a bad experience with Value shipping -- even when I lived in the boondocks. Seemed to come 2 days after I ordered each time.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that since I did choose value shipping. To tell you the truth all this shit that's been going surrounding Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition is making me sick to the stomach. Yesterday I gave up and almost went for the regular one with the feeling that I just want to actually play it and get it over with. But then my girlfriend said "you sure you don't want the limited edition?" and I was like "well... come to think of it..." so I went ahead and ordered from Gamestop. :drool:

bread's done
Back