DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why do you think its such a big deal to charge high shipping?

hes just being a cheapass because ebay charges you 15% of the sale price but not the shipping, which is outrageous. I was thinking about doing it this way too, he isnt tricking the buyers, they arent dumb enough to think its really only 1 dollar.[/QUOTE]

You should always buy things from people who charge $1 and $90 shipping.

That way when you get ripped off, you can get your $1 back.

[quote name='Xenogears']It was another thread I think, but a bunch of people were talking about how sleazy the $80 shipping costs and $5 sale price tactic is. A bunch of others were saying "why do you care? Lay off, it doesn't matter."When some replied that it will eventually make it worse for all ebayers, we were not far off. Anyone else get this e-mail from e-bay about their updated fee's?

Heres one change: Because we know buyers take into consideration the total cost of an item, also starting April 19, to encourage sellers to keep shipping costs low, the Final Value Fee will be applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping.

There ya go. Now e-bay fees apply to the sale cost and shipping. Thanks sleazebags. Whats even funnier, is they are probably going to be the ones complaining the most since it destroys their loophole to avoid fees, but they are the biggest reason for it. Thats also probably why e-bay doesn't care anymore, soon enough it won't work

[/QUOTE]

Good. This will drive the sleezebags out. Unfortunately the little break you catch on fees from their earlier policy has gone away for regular people too. Not that I really care. Whenever I list, I put free shipping.

Ebay will care to the extent that their customers are still getting ripped off if they're "slow" but since they are getting their fees, they will overlook most of them.
-----

By the way, the people who keep thinking that prices will drop because of an eventual GOTY edition: that's not why someone would pay $100 for this. The DLC isn't like the zombie maps or anything. People will pay a premium for this in 9 months because of completeness.

paypal refunds all your money if you don't receive the item, including shipping fee. I have done it before. And he has 100% feedback like 700 or something, so its obvious people know what they are doing when they buy from him.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']paypal refunds all your money if you don't receive the item, including shipping fee. I have done it before. And he has 100% feedback like 700 or something, so its obvious people know what they are doing when they buy from him.[/QUOTE]

You keep on doing it then. Good luck.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']paypal refunds all your money if you don't receive the item, including shipping fee. I have done it before. And he has 100% feedback like 700 or something, so its obvious people know what they are doing when they buy from him.[/QUOTE]Just because he's gotten this lucky violating eBay's Terms Of Service doesn't mean he won't get his account yanked sometime in the future.

I reported his last auction and I'm reporting his current one as well, and will keep doing so until he stops doing it or his account gets removed.

i got an email from ebay saying this:

Dear technicalstylez:

We're writing with some great news:

Starting April 19, you'll be able to list your items Auction-style FREE, at any start price, up to 50 listings a month. Plus you can add the Buy It Now option to these listings FREE to grab buyers in a hurry. Set the price you want and sell it fast! This is not a limited-time special but a change in eBay Standard fees to help you list more for FREE all the time--even those high ticket items! Pay only if your item sells.

Also, because we know buyers take into consideration the total cost of an item, also starting April 19, to encourage sellers to keep shipping costs low, the Final Value Fee will be applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping.

its about damn time huh. :)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why do you think its such a big deal to charge high shipping?

hes just being a cheapass because ebay charges you 15% of the sale price but not the shipping, which is outrageous. I was thinking about doing it this way too, he isnt tricking the buyers, they arent dumb enough to think its really only 1 dollar.[/QUOTE]

their fees are high but not outrageous. we are selling stuff through them anyway. it's just the cost of business. there's only so many places where you can just post something up for sale and get cash instantly through reliable means. i prefer ebay over craigslist 9 times out of 10.

Are these still in demand? Inventory tracker shows that there are at least 4 stores in Memphis with these in stock (only looking at Ps3).

So, what's the verdict on the availability and rarity of these things? I've been finding quite a few of these at every Gamestop I've visited.

Is the five bonus items and a free $7 DLC (and I guess a kind of shiny cover art?) worth the trouble of tracking them down? (the five items in particular, since just owning the game new will give you access to like 15 other game breaking bonus' together with Blood Dragon if you have ME2/DA:O and Ser Issac if you've played Dead Space 2)

[quote name='nbballard']Are these still in demand? Inventory tracker shows that there are at least 4 stores in Memphis with these in stock (only looking at Ps3).[/QUOTE]

Looking at completed listings recent ended listings no. They ending at $80 for a couple lucky people. - fees, tax, shipping you barely worth a couple dollars. 360 copies still have value in BIN form although some normal listings are not getting bid that high.

I sold several of these release week and only made barely over $12 each on PS3 copies BIN. I kept my prices very competitive though since they were easily being found everywhere and I had a pile. 360 and PC copies $25+ profit each at that time..

[quote name='$hady']Looking at completed listings recent ended listings no. They ending at $80 for a couple lucky people. - fees, tax, shipping you barely worth a couple dollars. 360 copies still have value in BIN form although some normal listings are not getting bid that high.

I sold several of these release week and only made barely over $12 each on PS3 copies BIN. I kept my prices very competitive though since they were easily being found everywhere and I had a pile. 360 and PC copies $25+ profit each at that time..[/QUOTE]

Hook me up from one Cats fan to another :)

bread's done
Back