Dad cancels Christmas, sells bad kid's presents on eBay

TJordan522

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (88%)
This is really mean yet pretty funny. Anyone have a link to the auction?

Kids Naughty, So Dad Sells Their Gifts on eBay

HOUSTON (Dec. 24) - A father of three children in the Houston area has gone from playing Santa Claus to playing the Grinch.

The man decided that his children were being naughty instead of nice -- and he's taught them a lesson by auctioning their presents on the popular auction site, eBay.

The man, who asked the Houston Chronicle not to reveal his name, decided to sell off the presents because the youngsters had misbehaved. His children are nine, eleven and 15.

"Three undeserving boys have crossed the line," the eBay listing says. "Tonight we sat down and showed them what they WILL NOT get for Christmas this year. I'll be taking down the tree tomorrow."

His auction posting continues, "This isn't a scare tactic for the kids. This is the result of bad choices that can't be undone. Neither can this."

The man is offering to sell three of the wireless video game systems as well as several games.

The bidding was up to $1,025 as the auction wound down.

"Your e-mails, good and bad, are much appreciated and will be put in a scrapbook for when the boys have their own children," the man writes to those seeing his listing. "Since this has become a bit of a Christmas soapbox, we would like everyone to think about what it says about (our) society and culture when good family values and accountability are taught and it becomes worldwide news."

"My last name is not Scrooge," he adds.

[quote name='TJordan522']
The man is offering to sell three of the wireless video game systems as well as several games.
[/quote]

Wireless video game system?

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='TJordan522']
[/quote]

Wireless video game system?[/quote]

I would assume they are Game Boys.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='TJordan522']
[/quote]

Wireless video game system?[/quote]

Portable gaming systems maybe? Maybe 3 DS or GBAs?

^^ Oops. Got beat to it.

Personally, I totally agree with this Dad. Obviously these kids did something pretty bad for an extended time to warrant this, so hey, they gotta learn some way or another. More power to him for sticking to his guns instead of giving in to his kids! Sux for those kids. HAHA! :rofl:

it says the auction was wounding down, so i guess no link, unless you are the winner and are willing to post the link for all us cag to laugh at!

When I'm ringing out parents with snotty, ungrateful demon children, I always want to tell them to just not buy the stuff. Tell the kid that he won't get anything until he straightens out, and make sure he understands that this rule will always apply throughout his entire life, not just now. Santa had enought sense to have a "naughty" list, so why don't parents?

And yep, they were getting DS's.

thanks for link! those kids probably did something real bad...like get bad grades, and then go on a murder rampage!

710 dollars and it hasn't hit the reserve price?

3 DS at 150 each, and 3 games?
That should be 600-650 at best.

Maybe I'm too skeptical, but I have a feeling that there is more than meets the eyes to this story.

[quote name='Ledhed']When I'm ringing out parents with snotty, ungrateful demon children, I always want to tell them to just not buy the stuff. Tell the kid that he won't get anything until he straightens out, and make sure he understands that this rule will always apply throughout his entire life, not just now. Santa had enought sense to have a "naughty" list, so why don't parents?

And yep, they were getting DS's.[/quote]

You know how hard it is to find DS's. These parents apparently thought their kids could be good and would be able to get their presents. So i can understand this particular situation.

But yeah, I hear ya Ledhed. Unfortunately parents who care, usually don't have snotty asshats for children. The parents aren't usually sticklers for things like "rules" and "following through" on threats. This has been my experience so far.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a cooked-up story designed to drive up auction prices?

What could these kids possibly have done that are "bad choices that can not be undone"? Especially one who is only nine.

The "father" here conveniently wishes to remain anonymous so there is no way to verify this story.

Man, they had to have been really bad! I bet those kids will think twice about their behavior in the future (or we can only hope).

Too many kids these days act are just altogether "bad kids". What a great way to discipline them, on the day they've been looking forward to most. Moreover, I'm sure these kids don't have any appreciation for the hard-earned money that goes into giving them a good Christmas.

[quote name='Detective_thorn']Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a cooked-up story designed to drive up auction prices?

What could these kids possibly have done that are "bad choices that can not be undone"? Especially one who is only nine.

The "father" here conveniently wishes to remain anonymous so there is no way to verify this story.[/quote]

I dunno, why would you interview with a newspaper to promote a fake auction? It doesn't seem logical...

[quote name='Detective_thorn']Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a cooked-up story designed to drive up auction prices?

The "father" here conveniently wishes to remain anonymous so there is no way to verify this story.[/quote]

I think so too

omfg this pisses me off
3 ds=450 and now the auction is over 700???????
why because he has great advertising with a gimick
a mf gimmick!!!!!
theres still 2 days left its at 710 and hes got over 8k hits
next time i make an auction im gonna offer my soul with it and then email my auction to channel 10 news. then maybe i can sell my old used can of pepsi that i backwashed in for 10 mf grand
ugghhh prob doesnt even have kids wheres the proof

"Remember kids - Good things happen to good people. Bad things happen to bad people.

This is a perfect example of what happens to bad kids."

At $710.00 the reserve price hasn't been met for the auction and assuming he paid MSRP, it would come to about $540 before taxes for the three DSes and three games. I guess the moral of the story is : If you're bad mom and dad have an excuse to make a good profit from your Christmas gifts.

People are so damn gullible. $710 for something that's worth around $500-650 bucks. 2 of the DS systems aren't even "new". Because he comes up with some stupid story that's probably BS, the price goes up. Geez.

Reserve price hasn't been met, I have a feeling he's just doing it as a show.

"Kids im selling your stuff on ebay", and they can clearly see that he is, but it won't sell because he has like a reserve of 2000 dollars or something. Still a good lesson though.

wow..i just refreshed the page and it hit $759..btw, it has to suck..but the kids apparently were using bad language, waving their middle fingers..and "making their mother cry"
so..hmm :whistle2:\

Is everybody using a gimmick nowadays just to ram up the price of their stuff on ebay nowadays, exp. ghosts, bad kids, etc.

[quote name='khc']thats good parenting, props to him[/quote]

Bullshit it is.

If my kid ever swore at me, or used the finger, he'd know the feeling of my belt. One of them is 15. By then, they should know how to act. I know that I never did that to my parents, and neither has my brother. Ever. And Im just taking a wild guess in saying that this type of behavior didnt just "suddenly" appear around the holidays. They've done an awful job at parenting if they're kids cant control themselves by those ages. So, they reward them and spoil them with hundreds of dollars worth of gifts. Gotta have mulitple game systems so none of them have to share with eachother.

What a joke.

I'm quite sure the story is pure BS and like the other CG'ers said, he's only making up the story for a boost in price..look:

TO ANSWER THE MYRIAD OF EMAILS

This should cover most of the obvious questions:

1) No, this is not fake, we are serious, and we are just a mom and dad.

2) The boys actions included flying single digit fingers in the air, kicking, yelling, and using grammer you would not expect from anyone. If you make your mother cry you're wrong.

3) Yes, the bidding on this is obviously more than the product is worth. We've been slammed for "profiting" on our children's hard learned lesson. I assure you that it will be used for a just cause. Our church is in dire need of a new heater and we as a small church can not afford one. 4) "When doing what is right and proper becomes an abnormal act in this society it is time to take a step back and re-evaluate. Teaching accountability is NEVER EVER EVER wrong.

and well, if you look at the previous auctions, this man has sold little girls clothing which he claims were his daughter's.. interesting indeed :shock:

Sweet, but messed up in a way. my parents would not take away my presents unless I did something really bad like wreck the truck while driving drunk and hit a school bus full of childern when I was 9 years old or something like that. would make them take away presents.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='khc']thats good parenting, props to him[/quote]

Bullshit it is.

If my kid ever swore at me, or used the finger, he'd know the feeling of my belt. One of them is 15. By then, they should know how to act. I know that I never did that to my parents, and neither has my brother. Ever. And Im just taking a wild guess in saying that this type of behavior didnt just "suddenly" appear around the holidays. They've done an awful job at parenting if they're kids cant control themselves by those ages. So, they reward them and spoil them with hundreds of dollars worth of gifts. Gotta have mulitple game systems so none of them have to share with eachother.

What a joke.[/quote]

I agree. I'm sick of the lack of discipline in parenting these days. When I was younger, if I did something wrong, I got smacked. I'm turning out good, unlike a lot of kids these days.

In today's society, discipline is losing ground. People can know sue companies for things so stupid, like fast food places for making a person fat. If these people were disciplined, I doubt those things would happen. But, discipline requires effort. And we all know, it's easier to give a kid the thing they want, instead of disciplining them. :roll:

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='khc']thats good parenting, props to him[/quote]

Bullshit it is.

What a joke.[/quote]

I agree. I'm sick of the lack of discipline in parenting these days. When I was younger, if I did something wrong, I got smacked. I'm turning out good, unlike a lot of kids these days.

In today's society, discipline is losing ground. People can know sue companies for things so stupid, like fast food places for making a person fat. If these people were disciplined, I doubt those things would happen. But, discipline requires effort. And we all know, it's easier to give a kid the thing they want, instead of disciplining them. :roll:[/quote]

My parents were the same way.

And taking away Xmas presents from kids...isn't it a little too late once things have gotten to that point???

I've had my parents take away stuff from me as a child for misbehaving, but NEVER ON XMAS. It would have been more effective to let the kids open their presents on Xmas day, play with them, THEN take them away on the next day. Then they would have missed them and then the punishment would have been much worse.

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='khc']thats good parenting, props to him[/quote]

Bullshit it is.

What a joke.[/quote]

In today's society, discipline is losing ground. People can know sue companies for things so stupid, like fast food places for making a person fat. If these people were disciplined, I doubt those things would happen. But, discipline requires effort. And we all know, it's easier to give a kid the thing they want, instead of disciplining them. :roll:[/quote]

You also have to consider that discipline is a hard thing to do now. I've been a firm believer in physical discipline. I'm a product of that kind and I think I turned to be a fairly normal (although strange) individual. Nobody's been killed by my hands nor have I gotten into a fight which was instigated by me. I think it's due to the sue-happy climate nowadays like you said. And you don't have to hit a kid to physically discipline him (although I think that's the best method). One method my parents used was making me kneel in sand while holding textbooks...for 6 hours straight. It seems like an easy punishment but try thinkin' that around hour 2 when you're only 8-9 yrs old. Another method is my mom would tell me to show my butt so she could spank me. Sometimes she would, sometimes she wouldn't but it was the fear of getting spanked that made sure I knew I'd done something bad and I was paying for it. I think that physical discipline still has a place in raising good children as long as the punishment fits the crime.

I almost wonder if its just a story to get sympathy bids. My local news did one of those undercover investigations about this kind of activity.

One guy claimed to be a charity called Kids of Atlanta. Well the Kids of Atlanta were his kids, so all proceeds went to them. LOL gotta give him some credit for something. Others were sob stories: divorce sales, runaway kids, cheating husbands boots, etc.

A related thing in the news was the parents on strike thing in Florida. It made national news, the parents basically moved out into the front lawn and made the kids do all of their own cooking, laundry , cleaning, etc.

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='khc']thats good parenting, props to him[/quote]

Bullshit it is.

What a joke.[/quote]

You also have to consider that discipline is a hard thing to do now. I've been a firm believer in physical discipline. I'm a product of that kind and I think I turned to be a fairly normal (although strange) individual. Nobody's been killed by my hands nor have I gotten into a fight which was instigated by me. I think it's due to the sue-happy climate nowadays like you said. And you don't have to hit a kid to physically discipline him (although I think that's the best method). One method my parents used was making me kneel in sand while holding textbooks...for 6 hours straight. It seems like an easy punishment but try thinkin' that around hour 2 when you're only 8-9 yrs old. Another method is my mom would tell me to show my butt so she could spank me. Sometimes she would, sometimes she wouldn't but it was the fear of getting spanked that made sure I knew I'd done something bad and I was paying for it. I think that physical discipline still has a place in raising good children as long as the punishment fits the crime.[/quote]

That sand punishment is an odd one, at least to me.

bread's done
Back