Daily Giveaway @ Freebers.com

I have a ZuneHD but I don't really enjoy most of the apps and what not. Maybe the music / video purchasing is nifty, but I think Apple is just... a dominant evil force, and they are #WINNING. (sheen reference)

That being said, can't users use MS Points toward zune-stuff? Maybe not the "zune-pass"... but, its a start right?

Started entering again after first having my problems with the spam accounts winning, we even had some words over twitter @frbrs.
But knowing at least 2 of the "CAG"s that have won It seems these giveaways are equal for active & not active twitter accounts.
Heres hoping also that a CAG wins LBP2 :)

agentcoop007: Starting the 14th there will be an official CAG contest on the boards sponsored by freebers. We're doing 7 days of gaming giveaways.

Its actually a DOUBLE giveaway. On the CAG site you can enter to win your choice of either 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PSN cards - every day (for a week).
On the Freebers site you can enter to win 7 different gaming-related products.

I can't say what the items are going to be given away on Freebers, but I'm 100% sure everyone will be happy to see what they are. Every day on Freebers from the 14th to the 20th will be valued at LEAST $59.99 and a maximum of $220 - every single day.

(The reason we are doing 2 separate giveaways, is to make sure CAG members are guaranteed to at least get 7 days of ~$20 giveaway items.)

We're also working on a registration-less process to enter giveaways on freebers. We hope to be done by the 14th so people don't have to "register" to enter, rather they just click a button to use twitter (or facebook) to enter.

That is all.

i haven't had any luck on thegiveaway.com. i just keep clicking though. maybe get lucky one of these days

Today starts the new round of prizes.

We purchased another month's worth of items about 10 days ago, so we tried to balance it out... but definitely a lot of gaming stuff, a good amount of gift cards, so yeah - good luck guys and gals. :)

WOW! I can't believe this. I have won 2 giveaway (iTunes card on Monday and a 3 months Netflix Card just now) and it was all this week! The Netflix card was kind of a lucky win. I tweeted the pretext about 2 minutes before the time was out. Later on, I checked twitter and it said "1 new text". I wondered what it was. Who would be tweeting this late at night (;)) and sure enough, I had won again! Thanks Freebers!

Edit: I just realized that I won the day i received my iTunes card. What a coincidence...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jragon']
WOW! I can't believe this. I have won 2 giveaway (iTunes card on Monday and a 3 months Netflix Card just now) and it was all this week! The Netflix card was kind of a lucky win. I tweeted the pretext about 2 minutes before the time was out. Later on, I checked twitter and it said "1 new text". I wondered what it was. Who would be tweeting this late at night (;)) and sure enough, I had won again! Thanks Freebers!

[/QUOTE]

Congrats Jragon! Wow, wish I had half the luck you had...then I would be guranteed to win at least 1 prize ;).

Congrats Jragon,

Also, gaming giveaway starts soon (14th) so check the CAG and Freebers site both to see the 2 side-by-side giveaways going on. We are also finishing up our facebook integration. Midnight tonight we are switching to a new entry method.

This method is simple, you don't need to register anymore, you just throw down your name + US state + email. That's it, you're entered!

Now, if you want more chances at winning, you merely have to use facebook and/or twitter to increase your entries. (one time per social networking service)

It's pretty simple, we set it up similar to the ZAGG iPad-a-day giveaway, except our whole business is giveaways not making scratch-proof laminates, so we hope we'll do a better job. :)

OMG, I LOVE THIS SITE! I checked twitter and it says i won Starcraft 2 for PC! Wow, that's the 3rd time this week... Thanks yet again Freebers!

I hope they don't disqualify me for winning too many times. ;)

We won't disqualify you, but i'm sure there are tons of people who are going to point fingers.

It's a huge mystery how someone could win with odds 100 to 1, but at the same time its not impossible. I checked our random algorithm, and it looks flawless. I checked your tweets and they are innocent. So - yes, you won again. :)

Anyway, today we're giving away Facebook credits. Good luck everyone.

[quote name='Jragon']OMG, I LOVE THIS SITE! I checked twitter and it says i won Starcraft 2 for PC! Wow, that's the 3rd time this week... Thanks yet again Freebers!

I hope they don't disqualify me for winning too many times. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow congrats mann!!! 3 in the row go for one more,go for it!,connect four!!...lol,good stuff I hope one day I have 1/3 your luck on freebers :bouncy:.

Wow.. three wins a week. I have been entering at this site from the very beginning i think and still got zero ^^ Hopefully some more luck with this gaming related week.

You know what, I've come to the conclusion that freebers.com is either BS, or far too easy for people to cheat, being as @Jragon274 has won three out of the last six times. If the site isn't BS, then you need to ban him and his IP.

I wonder if PetersHere would say the same thing if they won 3 times in a week. Haha.

No but seriously, Freebers is not BS. I really don't know how jragon won so many times, it baffles me, and it honestly makes me upset because I know what that can look like to people - it looks shady, it looks WTF?, it just doesn't look good (to anyone but jragon).

I don't think our algorithm for choosing a winner has any issues, I will consult with the programmer in charge of that though to see if we can figure out if there WAS an issue or if it was purely 100% freak of computer nature luck. I honestly HOPE there is something going wrong with the code, because that's just crazy.

Our new site has a different method for selection (it takes count if you are registered, if you enter with facebook and/or twitter, and some other unique features) so it should be even more precise at selecting winners.

If you enter with twitter + facebook + email (all 3 options), you have a MUCH higher chance of winning compared to someone who just enters with e-mail. This allows the truly dedicated members to get a leg up on the competition. Is it possible for someone to win who just entered their e-mail? Yes, but its more in favor of a dedicated "sharer" of freebers.

Hope this addresses a couple concerns. We're not lazy, and we're going to make sure this keeps on, and try to bring back some lost happiness to the few people upset.

[quote name='freebers']We won't disqualify you, but i'm sure there are tons of people who are going to point fingers.

It's a huge mystery how someone could win with odds 100 to 1, but at the same time its not impossible. I checked our random algorithm, and it looks flawless. I checked your tweets and they are innocent. So - yes, you won again. :)

Anyway, today we're giving away Facebook credits. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were merely joking about this...:whistle2:( Well, I hope it stops at one person thinking that I cheated.

Received LittleBigPlanet 2 yesterday afternoon. I was quite surprised to have won, especially since I barely tweet. Thank you for the game, my friends and I had fun last night playing it. :D

Is there a way to enter with twitter without doing facebook first? I hate facebook so much, and it always messes me up with this new system, so I can never enter with my twitter.

[quote name='zimpirate']Bots keep winning. Like the DS was won by a bot.[/QUOTE]

I have to say its gotten too much for me with all the new/bot accounts winning like 95% of the time, i'm gonna have to pass on entering, or recomending any of my friends entering your contests unless some special rules are made in regards this issue.

I speak directly to you Mr. Freebers, if you want to disprove any questions about your prizes actually going to real winners most of the time then you need to require your winning accounts to be "active". Its your contest, and there are no laws holding you back from doing this.

These daily giveaways have simply become a joke. Especially for these bigger items like the DSi, it simply looks like the spam accounts have been created and chosen as winners so you don't actually have to ship out anything to a real person. Nice way to save on costs.
Fix your giveaways, start choosing real people, or get out.

Just because someone is only using Twitter to enter contests does not make them a bot. As long as they aren't spamming multiple entries then they aren't doing anything wrong. If the contest becomes limited to only those who actively use Twitter, you'll just start getting complaints from all the people who don't use Twitter. I say if you do limit it to only people with active twitter accounts, make it to where they need at least 5,000 followers to enter.

[quote name='ohram']Just because someone is only using Twitter to enter contests does not make them a bot. As long as they aren't spamming multiple entries then they aren't doing anything wrong. If the contest becomes limited to only those who actively use Twitter, you'll just start getting complaints from all the people who don't use Twitter. I say if you do limit it to only people with active twitter accounts, make it to where they need at least 5,000 followers to enter.[/QUOTE]

Its really easy to just create 20 new twitter accounts, with 0 followers and use them all to enter 20 times a day. its not so easy to have 20 twitter accounts that had daily "legit" usage, and a reasonable amount of followers (anywhere from 20-150 followers) So making this kind of rule isn't too far fetched, and would make the cheaters at least have to work harder.

Mr Freeber keeps saying "Our system weeds out potential fraudulent entries automatically" but has not explained how?

But i'm done wasting my time talking about this, i've already given up on these contests, and I know many that have stopped also.

I keep having problems with Twitter. Two days in a row it says over and over there's an error with Twitter and to try again. I deleted cookies to see what that would do and it made me log in to Twitter to verify I wanted Freebers to connect again and then went back to the contest and still said error. I'm not sure what else to do.

It's funny how there's suddenly an influx of users claiming CAG as if it's somehow proof of freebers legitimacy. I wonder if Mr. Freeber himself is trying to convince people. Regardless, I'm done with this little cheat-fest site. I also suggest anyone thinking of using this site should just stay away until "someone" stops taking advantage of free promotion and starts doing what they've been claiming to have been doing all along. Let the site die on the backs of these useless cheating scum; hey, even the worst of us need to profit somehow. Also, limiting the site solely to active twitter users and/or facebook users is not the answer, as not everyone uses those horrible sites. That is, unless that's the audience he wants.

[quote name='PetersHere']It's funny how there's suddenly an influx of users claiming CAG as if it's somehow proof of freebers legitimacy. I wonder if Mr. Freeber himself is trying to convince people. Regardless, I'm done with this little cheat-fest site. I also suggest anyone thinking of using this site should just stay away until "someone" stops taking advantage of free promotion and starts doing what they've been claiming to have been doing all along. Let the site die on the backs of these useless cheating scum; hey, even the worst of us need to profit somehow. Also, limiting the site solely to active twitter users and/or facebook users is not the answer, as not everyone uses those horrible sites. That is, unless that's the audience he wants.[/QUOTE]

Calm down buddy. Just because you haven't won doesn't automatically make it "not legit".

How about you stop crying and go do something else? This isn't harming you in any way, shape, or form. I personally have won and can confirm this site is legit. Granted, it was only a $15 iTunes gift card, but nonetheless, I have won.

[quote name='KratosDK']Calm down buddy. Just because you haven't won doesn't automatically make it "not legit".

How about you stop crying and go do something else? This isn't harming you in any way, shape, or form. I personally have won and can confirm this site is legit. Granted, it was only a $15 iTunes gift card, but nonetheless, I have won.[/QUOTE]

You just joined this site, I hope you don't think I'm going to take your claims of legitimacy seriously. Also, I never claimed it was out of the realm of possibility for a legit user to be randomly selected amongst the mass of cheaters. If he chooses to ignore these people, then how legit can the site be? He's not in it for you, or me, or anyone but himself. It is a so-called "business" after all. Oh, and don't use net-logic with me, I'm not crying, I'm stating an opinion and point of view.

[quote name='PetersHere']You just joined this site, I hope you don't think I'm going to take your claims of legitimacy seriously.[/QUOTE]

...So did you.

Anyways, Freebers has officially closed down for now. :cry: Sorry to hear, hopefully you'll be able to pick it back up in the future. Thanks for everything you've done.

freebers_closing.png

bread's done
Back