Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

[quote name='TexTuna']I can't say I've seen a Gamecube Broadband Adapter either but then I haven't really looked. There aren't too many online GC games, what you wanting to play?

Hell I need to quit looking for games. I spend so much time doing that, internet, and by the time you throw in my addicted BF1942 clan playing - I don't hardly even play the damn video games! :) But everyone else in my family does. 4 year old has GBA, 11 year old the DS, Mom the PSP, then everyone shares the PS2 and GC. I've got GTA:LIberty Shores for when I can pry the PSP out of my wife's hands...Infected too.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]I think only Phantasy Star goes online with Gamecube. But I mostly just wanted it for collector's value. Also, you can back up your Gamecube games to a harddrive and play them off with the broadband adapter. That seems pretty cool, keeping your games in mint condition while letting guests play them whenever they want.

Your problem with buying games is you have too many systems! Sell the PSP and PS2, and instantly you only have 1/3 as many games to buy, plus it kicks the BF1942 addiction! I only collect stuff for the Nintendo systems, I can't imagine having to keep up with all the games that come out for PS2, especially since I like RPGs.

Well I found absolute CRAP at the Lewisville Sears, Irving Sears, CC, TRU, and CUSA...zip, nada, nothing - not much there left just the usual crappy clearance suspect leftovers.

I did find a new Pikmin for the GC (the first Pikmin) at Sam Goody in the Irving mall for $8.99 - not a bad buy so got that.

I uh...did find a few Kuon's, ENB's, and a Galleon at GS's in Lewisville, Coppell, and Irving.

[quote name='TexTuna']Well I found absolute CRAP at the Lewisville Sears, Irving Sears, CC, TRU, and CUSA...zip, nada, nothing - not much there left just the usual crappy clearance suspect leftovers.

I did find a new Pikmin for the GC (the first Pikmin) at Sam Goody in the Irving mall for $8.99 - not a bad buy so got that.

I uh...did find a few Kuon's, ENB's, and a Galleon at GS's in Lewisville, Coppell, and Irving.[/QUOTE]I picked up Bomberman DS and FF1+2 last time I was at Irving TRU. Still a worthwhile trip thanks to $24 Kuons and ENBs. Is your Pikmin PC or not?

Nah its the GC version. Have Pikmin2 allready (TRU sale) so this completes that series. I think there is another there but it might have been a store display copy. That Sam Goody didn't have much clearance games..guess they had sold them all since they've had a sale going on for weeks too. The one in the mall near my house (Stonebriar) never did have anything good - at least when I went there.

[quote name='TexTuna']Nah its the GC version. Have Pikmin2 allready (TRU sale) so this completes that series. I think there is another there but it might have been a store display copy. That Sam Goody didn't have much clearance games..guess they had sold them all since they've had a sale going on for weeks too. The one in the mall near my house (Stonebriar) never did have anything good - at least when I went there.[/QUOTE]Oh, I meant if Pikmin is Player's Choice (with the yellow bar at the top)

Oh, sorry. No it is not the Players Choice version. Does that make it more desirable?

I hit a couple of Game Crazies today but didn't have alot of luck. Someone beat me to the punch and got multiple copies of the things I was looking for (as in all of them).

I did pick up a few things though - Taiko Drummaster ($17), Dual Hearts ($9.99), Pysyconoats ($19.99) and Makai Kingdom ($19.99) all for PS2.

Yeah, some people don't like the yellow bar on their games. I personally don't think it's as bad as the big red bar on PS2 GH games though.

EDIT: I'm actually looking for a non-PC Pikmin also heh

I hit up the Gamerushes in McKinney tonight (Eldorado and Lake Forest). Neither store knew that the 25% off was still going on, and neither store believed me at first. But now they are believers!

Anyways, a few thing of note: both locations have multiple copies of God of War. TexTuna, you were looking for that right? Eldorado had 4, and Lake Forest had at least two. They're marked differently at $39.99 and $44.99 but will scan at the lower price. The 25% off ends either tomorrow or Tuesday btw.

Also, Lake Forest had a Soul Calibur III (44.99 - 25%). I think there were some other PS2 games of note at Lake Forest, but now I can't remember them. Another one was Metal Slug 4&5 for $29.99 I think. Also, Paper Mario is $29.99 new, and $24.99 used - 25%.

Eldorado had tons of Fire Emblem cart only, like 4-5 of them. They also have a N64 Expansion Pak for $4.99 if anyone needs that. I'll add more if I think of anything.

How funny :) I took the family and went in the opposite direction to the GR in The Colony today.

Used up almost all the BB credit. Got:

PSP
Untold Legends (New)

PS2
Shadow of the Colossus (New)
God of War (New)
Xenosaga II (Used) - got a feeling I'm taking this one back. The wife tried Xenosaga I from the CC sale today and hated it. If you are still wanting one, I've got it - opened and played exactly one time.
Amplitude (used)
Alient -vs- Predator Extinction (used)

GameCube
Paper Mario (New)
Ikaruga (used)- didn't notice the missing manual till I got home - damnit. Oh well, kind of hard to find anyways. If you see a new one anywhere in a Walmart or something let me know please.

DS
Nintendogs (Dachsund)

GBA
Hotwheels Double Pack

This store did still have the 25% off signs up and took it off of the used games but I bought new ones as I'm scratchafobic.

[quote name='banpeikun']I hit up the Gamerushes in McKinney tonight (Eldorado and Lake Forest). Neither store knew that the 25% off was still going on, and neither store believed me at first. But now they are believers!

Anyways, a few thing of note: both locations have multiple copies of God of War. TexTuna, you were looking for that right? Eldorado had 4, and Lake Forest had at least two. They're marked differently at $39.99 and $44.99 but will scan at the lower price. The 25% off ends either tomorrow or Tuesday btw.

Also, Lake Forest had a Soul Calibur III (44.99 - 25%). I think there were some other PS2 games of note at Lake Forest, but now I can't remember them. Another one was Metal Slug 4&5 for $29.99 I think. Also, Paper Mario is $29.99 new, and $24.99 used - 25%.

Eldorado had tons of Fire Emblem cart only, like 4-5 of them. They also have a N64 Expansion Pak for $4.99 if anyone needs that. I'll add more if I think of anything.[/QUOTE]

Wow Ikaruga at GR is a nice find, esp with the 25% off. I found a cubivore for 16.99 - 25%, but that's not nearly as good as Ikaruga. I don't know if I could buy a $50 new game from GR knowing that it was $40 last week. *shudder* too... difficult...

Ps: Do you want to sell the Xenosaga?

Yeah I didn't much care for the $50 on GOW either - but then I don't exactly have $50 in it so i figured wth. :)

Sure. If you want to meet up somewhere just let me know when and where. I'm usually off work at 5:30. I work in Richardson near George Bush/Custer (close to Central). You can have it for what I paid a whopping $6. I don't have it on me today but can tomorrow or if you are out in about in the evenings I live in N. Plano. My home number is.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Wow Ikaruga at GR is a nice find, esp with the 25% off. I found a cubivore for 16.99 - 25%, but that's not nearly as good as Ikaruga. I don't know if I could buy a $50 new game from GR knowing that it was $40 last week. *shudder* too... difficult...

Ps: Do you want to sell the Xenosaga?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TexTuna']Sure. If you want to meet up somewhere just let me know when and where. I'm usually off work at 5:30. I work in Richardson near George Bush/Custer (close to Central). [/QUOTE]Okay, I'll buy your Xenosaga. How about I just get it from you tomorrow? I'm pretty close to your work. I got your # already so you can edit it out of your post.

Ok. I forgot do you have my work number too? If not PM me and I'll give it to you.

If you don't have Xenosaga II I imagine my wife won't like it either if she didn't like the 1st one. I'd sell both of them for $20 (think I have around $14 in II). Just let me know.

TexTuna

Picked that up cheap when GC had them a few weeks back.

If you don't have Firefighter FD18 there is one at the GR in The Colony. If 25% is still going that would put it at less than $20. I paid more than that for the copy I have.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Oh yeah, Lake Forest GR had 2 copies of Growlanser Generations too. They felt complete (pretty heavy)[/QUOTE]

I hit some more GSs for ENB and Kuon. There were around Irving: Plaza Del Sol, MacArthur Marketplace, and Webb Chapel Marketplace. Picked up a bunch of B2G1F stuff too.

I've been laying low from that this week. Maybe will do some more next week if the deal is still good at GR/BB.

I think I'm taking all of my receipts in to a GS tonite and seeing if I get either a ton of $10 games or hopefully credit.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']I hit some more GSs for ENB and Kuon. There were around Irving: Plaza Del Sol, MacArthur Marketplace, and Webb Chapel Marketplace. Picked up a bunch of B2G1F stuff too.[/QUOTE]

I may try the receipts thing again today. I tried last nite at one GS and they didn't bite without physically returning the games - which of course somehow I can't do :)

By the way my trip was cancelled so I'm still in town - have your game if you want to meet sometime just call my cell. I'm playing hooky from work today as I was off anyways for my trip. Will probably hit a few stores. I have my own personal ENB/Kuon combo I'll return for a free game and try the receipts thing again.

I made an absolute killing last nite on the B2G1F thing posted up on the GS thread about that.

That gives me 2 Ikaruga's. I'm taking the higher priced one back to BB for a full refund if they do that sort of thing as its missing a manual - the one I got at GS is complete.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Sucks for me, I threw away all my receipts after I traded in my ENB/Kuons[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's the one. I gave GR a fortune for the one without manual so I'm returning that to a BB today. Game Stops online inventory is sweet. Just go to the store and get the game you are after. I looked for stores that I knew had 2 I wanted and hopefully the 3rd one too for free. Kind of struck out with that one with Kessen II but then maybe it's a good game haven't ever tried any in the Kessen series.

[quote name='banpeikun']Oh you got the Ikaruga. I was planning to go check it out, I think the Willow Bend store had it right?[/QUOTE]

Dang you guys must be hitting the BB's in Plano bigtime with Kuon's and ENB's! :) I was turned away at 2 stores tonite - stores I hadn't traded at before. Was like playing musical Blockbusters to find one that would take the games. Those that didn't had little stickes on their monitors informing them not to take anymore. Don't know if it was an individual store thing, DM or what. Neither one of them had very many to any of the titles on their shelves (one I tried to trade ENB to had 1 copy on their shelf).

Those that did take them paid the same price though. Something tells me this might not be going on for much longer. :(

Oh well its getting damn hard to find the things anyways what with all us scavengers and b2g1f at GS and all :)

banpeikun, I saw another Ikaruga at the GS on Preston next to the Barnes/Noble. It was missing the manual though.

Earl

Wow, sounds like I might have to start ranging out to trade the copies I have now. That's bad news... I have like 10 total still, like 6x kuon and 4x ENB, and a smattering of GitS, Road Trip, and Galleon also. I haven't checked TRUs again for Geist either.

Aha! So you must be the one! :) I went to just about every GS in Plano, Frisco, Garland, N. Dallas and Richardson today - not one single Kuon or ENB to be found - NOT ONE. You or the UTD student left a case at the Frisco store - that's the closest I came (go back and get your case, it was in the display cases that you usually find by the register for $9.99).

I found one single solitary Kuon that you guys had missed at the Hebron store in Carollton tonite.

I saw several earlier in the week when I was looking for rarer games at the beginning of the B2G1F sale - but those were all gone when I went back yesterday and today.

What kind of trade value do the other games have?

There are no geists at the 75/Parker and Frisco TRU's - but there are some killzones. Do you know what they get?

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Wow, sounds like I might have to start ranging out to trade the copies I have now. That's bad news... I have like 10 total still, like 6x kuon and 4x ENB, and a smattering of GitS, Road Trip, and Galleon also. I haven't checked TRUs again for Geist either.[/QUOTE]

Figured it wasn't even worth the purchase price. The Call of Duties might be though. I'll call them before I run around today and see what they get. I couldn't even find any GITS's - you guys cleaned them out :) No problem as they had been sitting on their shelves since before Xmas. I'm totally surprised GR/BB was still giving decent money for them. I listed a GIST on ebay before the new year and never even got my opening bid of what I paid for it - $10 so never bought another copy.

TexTuna

I didnt get any of my ENB/Kuons from Plano. I picked up the ones I have right now from 3 Irving stores, one on Webb Chapel, and 4x Kuon from their website. I got my GITS from the TRU in Lewisville. The black hawk downs get a lot if you still remember where you saw them, 24 or 27. Road Trip for GCN gets 24 at GR if you happen to see that.

I spread out a little today - got the last Giest from Irving but that is about as far South as I ever get (too damn lazy).

No Giests in Lewisville TRU either.

I found a few Kuon(4) and 1 ENB I'm keeping 1 of each to replace my personal collection coppies I had traded in. That left me with 3 Kuon's to trade in. I don't know if it is corporate wide (I suspect it might be - they told me so but of course they could be lying), District wide, or what but I had a HELL of a time getting rid of those Kuon's. One GR wouldn't take them, one offered $3.50ea, one .50 ea..most BB's just turn you away now (this is Coppell to Plano) - I found 2 that still took them for $24 and got rid of them never to get another Kuon/ENB myself. Spent 2 friggin hours driving around town looking for BB's to take them - which says alot when there is one at just about every major intersection in Plano! :) Most of these stores don't have copies on the shelves or if they do only one so the directive is coming from somewhere up the chain. At anyrate, I'm done with those 2 titles. Geist still got me $24 but it was the only copy I could find. Galleons still work but I didn't find any today.

I did make a killing though with the B2G1F sales: (prices don't reflect 10% card discount)

GS1
PS2 - Jurassic Park Operation Genisis ($24.99)
PS2 - PTO IV ($29.99 - an upgrade to my $7.99 copy from the GC sale, will sell that one on epay)
PS2 - Fatal Frame II Free (another upgrade better than my pervious copy so will be selling that 1 too)

GS2
PS2 Zone of The Enders 2:The Second Runner ($17.99)
PS2 Kya Dark Lineage (hey my wife wanted the damn thing, $9.99)
PS2 Kuon free

GS3
GC Star Wars Jedi Outcast - ($44.99)
PS2 Kuon ($9.99)]
ENB Free

And a transaction I was real happy with..traded in the extra sealed Taiko Drummaster game only (kept the drum for my 2nd son so both could have a set to bang on when playing) for $8 (only paid $17 for the complete set at GC) towards a new DS Phoenix Wrigt:Ace Attorney ($29.99) so was a little over $20 OTD. Been looking for that game for awhile.

A pretty good day all in all...

But if you still have any Kuon/ENB ditch them tomorrow is my suggestion.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']Geist is 24, but I guess there might not be any Geists easily obtained from the Plano area. But wait, you're near Oak Cliff! :)[/QUOTE]
Was that supposed to be a pot shot?? I'm just playing, a week or so ago I couldn't walk out of a TRU store without seeing those but you guys may have gotten to them by now.

It wasn't me, haven't bought a Giest from Plano since Christmas time. Would have if I had known they were getting $24 at GR but I didn't. Th elast one I had traded into GS for $12 was the last one I had bought until the one in Lewisville yesterday.

TexTuna

No, not a pot shot. I figured since the Oak Cliff Best Buy has everything I ever wanted from Best Buy, maybe your TRU down there is untouched also. The Geists I got were from TRU Mesquite, so someone else took 'em

I was just kidding about the remark. I've been addicted to my 360 lately so I haven't actually had a chance to check my local TRU yet. I was wondering if you guys had gotten them yet.

No, too far away from me. Although I did go to the newer Irving BB for the MP7 Gamecube bundle since a friend received a Gamecube purchased with a BB gift card (it was Gamecube only, omg). So we went and exchanged it for a free controller and $50 game haha.

I have 2x bongos for Gamecube that I need to return today to Circuit City. If anyone wants the they'll probably be at the Parker @ 75 location. I picked them up at 13.xx, and they might have gone a little lower since then.

About to place an order at nintendo.com. If anyone in the N Dallas area wants anything, I can order it for you so you don't have to pay shipping (it caps at like $5 shipping right?). Gamecube disc cases, DS cases (for your GBA games too), instruction manuals, etc...

Any one in need of dvd/game racks. I was able to get many from a friend. I have about 20 or so dvd racks for trade or for sale. Each dvd rack holds about 50 dvds. They have hooks incase you want to mount them in a peg board or into a metal stand with holes. Not looking for much. For pictures please visit. I would post in main thread but just looking to get rid of them locally (dfw area).

http://www.thegamerheaven.com/dvds.htm

bread's done
Back