Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

Hey, did anyone see the thread about the Sam Goody's and Suncoast stores closing? It seems like all the stores around Plano (Collin Creek, Willow Bend, Stonebriar) are going to be closing. Seems worth checking out.

Went by Suncoast at Collin Creek, not that interesting, just 20% of all DVDs for now. They had 40% off magazines including stuff like Jump and other manga monthlies.

Has anyone gone to check out the circuit city's? I think im gonna swing by the frisco one, all the other stores will be up for grabs :).

Yeah I've gone to them in the Addison/Frisco/Plano area the last 2 days.

I did not go back to the Frisco one today - I left some Pokemon Leaf Green's there yesterday. Also some PS2 Lego Star Wars and Donkey Konga 2s (good $19.99 games to get for .01). I did get the last copies of DMC3:SE from the Frisco and Addison stores - have one on my trade list now (2 actually but I'm in the process of selling one to a fellow Cag).

I think all 3 had the Lego Star Wars and Donkey Konga 2s. All 3 still have some cheap games to get $1-4 or so to get the B2G1 .01

All 3 have plenty of the Game Cube Animal Crossing, Gamecube Sonic Games, Super Monkey Ball, etc. that you can get for .01

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']TexTuna should know what's going on at all the Circuit Cities around in the Frisco/Plano area.[/QUOTE]

man, i only traded in 1 enb and 1 kuon at the gr at richardson (like 1 and a half month ago) and now my account is on hold.... anyone knows wats going to happen?

I'd say it was for something else. Your account is still good at other GR's, BB's right? Just go to those stores.

I traded in around several hundred dollars worth and as far as I know, no hold - but I did not trade at any GR's. I traded at BB's and then spent the credit at GR's. Each BB has a seperate computer system so I made sure to trade at BB's all over the place never going to one more than twice.

TexTuna

Man this CC b2g1 for .01 deal was so sweet it isnt' even funny.

I kept quite a few games for the collection, got some to trade to fellow CAGs, listed others on ebay, and traded others to GC for Suikoden IV, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence DS, and Shadow of Rome PS2 (all new), and traded some to GS and got RE4 Premium PS2 edition (they have that game priced entirely too high - $49.99 new but I can't easily find it used as the idiots don't show that game on their online store inventory).

TexTuna

[quote name='TexTuna']Man this CC b2g1 for .01 deal was so sweet it isnt' even funny.

I kept quite a few games for the collection, got some to trade to fellow CAGs, listed others on ebay, and traded others to GC for Suikoden IV, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence DS, and Shadow of Rome PS2 (all new), and traded some to GS and got RE4 Premium PS2 edition (they have that game priced entirely too high - $49.99 new but I can't easily find it used as the idiots don't show that game on their online store inventory).

TexTuna[/QUOTE]

i tried to do that for dmc 3 today at the dallas store. the cashier said the cheapest is the free one... omg i got turne down!

I have a couple of DMC3:SE's. I probably average about $10 in them with the 2 games I bought to get them. I'd be happy to sell them for $10 to a fellow CAG. Or check my list if there is anything I'm looking for that you have.

Thanks,
TexTuna

[quote name='sweetcags']i tried to do that for dmc 3 today at the dallas store. the cashier said the cheapest is the free one... omg i got turne down![/QUOTE]

They had like 8 sealed (not gutted) copies of RE4 CE for GC at the Skillman T/C Gamestop if anyone is interested. It dropped in price to 29.99 when the regular version went to 19.99.

They are only allowing $7 on trade now on the GC regular version too.

The GS in Plano next to the Wallmart on Ohio/121 has new copies of the PS2 Premium edition. I picked one up as I was intrigued by the added missions, etc. I've not found this one used yet. I THINK it would be the $34.99 used but I haven't found it used yet. They get $49.99 for it new.

I went ahead and traded in my GC RE4 for it along with some of the left overs from the CC B2G1 deal.

TexTuna

Movie Trading Company on Greenville Avenue in Dallas has some good buy 1 get 1 free (of equal or lesser value of course) deals.

I picked up Growlanser Generations and Paper Mario 1000 year door today (both new) for 50 bucks... they do have plenty of games priced between 20 and 30 to choose from, I just had to snag that new copy of Growlanser w/ the opportunity to get Paper Mario with it.

[quote name='TexTuna']They are only allowing $7 on trade now on the GC regular version too.

The GS in Plano next to the Wallmart on Ohio/121 has new copies of the PS2 Premium edition. I picked one up as I was intrigued by the added missions, etc. I've not found this one used yet. I THINK it would be the $34.99 used but I haven't found it used yet. They get $49.99 for it new.

I went ahead and traded in my GC RE4 for it along with some of the left overs from the CC B2G1 deal.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]That GS has a disc-only copy of NCAA Basketball for GC

Yeah I noticed that. It is one of the rarer GC titles I haven't gotten yet but I've become anal about wanting cases, artwork, manual, and nice discs.

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']That GS has a disc-only copy of NCAA Basketball for GC[/QUOTE]

O NOZ OUR THREAD DISAPPEARED

Hey TexTuna, were you planning to go to GC and get God of War when it drops to $19.99? If you weren't, I'll probably go. Do you want a copy?

20% off everything @ Half-Price Books through Sunday.

I found tons of PC Games and DVDs cheap!

Got a brand new copy of Beyond Good & Evil (PC) for $5, I still want the GC version though.

The Mesquite Half Price Books had some old Atari (2600? maybe, I'm not sure, but definitely Atari), NES, and Genesis games.

There are also some good used PS2, XBox, and GameCube games all less than $10. The only one I remember that was really good was JSRF for XBox for $7 before the 20% off.

Hey DFW Cags...don't know if they still have any more of the $5 gamer cards at your local Best Buy but if they do grab one and head over to the game section. They have some games on sale right now - picked up Ridge Racer DS for $4.99, GC Giest for $9.99, DS Metroid Prime Pinball w/rumble pack for $19.99 ($14.99 after gc), and DS Spiderman 2 for $19.99 ($14.99 after gc).

I didn't see any more Giests at the Plano (75) BB but there were some more DS Ridge Racer and Metroid Prime Pinballs.

TexTuna

The Sears up to Frisco now sells games (it might have for awhile but it didn't used to). Anyhow they have a few of the games from the clearance sale thread in the deals forum. I mainly noticed several (like 7 or 8 at least) copies of War of the Monsters for PS2 for $10. This is a good game that can be hard to find cheap. They also have lots of Non-GH versions of games that are now GH, like Killzone, Ratchet and Clank UYA, Sly Cooper 2, etc.

Went to the TRU in Sherman (closing around 4/1). Didn't find much, but picked up the last copies of Meteos and Viewtiful Joe DS for about $15 each. There's nothing worth picking up right now at 50%. Probably nothing until they go to 70 80 or 90%. They have multiples of all the games left pretty much.

Stuff I remember that's probably worth it is Battalion Wars (@50), Trace Memory, Pac Pix, Pac and Roll, Pac World 3, F Zero GP Legend (@10), Psychonauts (@30). Mostly a bunch of crap though, they have a million copies of the warriors (@50) and TS:FP (@50 for all systems). Oh yeah and Nanostray @30. Guides were also only 50% off, and they just have a bunch of Pokemon ones (LG/FR Prima, Coliseum), a couple FFIV Advance, a torn Mario and Luigi PiT, some sports games, and a few others. Nothing really notable.

If you're looking for DS accessories (like that pro gamer's kit) it's 70% off already. Also GB Micro Socks and a leather case.

It's off highway 75, exit 63. The exits distances are all screwed up though. From exit 39 in McKinney to exit 63 in Sherman is about 36 miles, not 24.

Mesquite TRU :

GBA

Final Fantasy 1 and 2 - $9.98

F-Zero GP Legend - $9.98

Texas Hold'em Poker - $6.98 (Fun little game at a good price)

Medabots - $6.98

They had tons of these titles. They are in a clearance bin at the front of the video game section. The Mesquite TRU is located between Gus Thomasson Rd. and Interstate 635 on Town East Blvd.

Also I spotted a good 5 copies of Phoenix Wright for the Nintendo DS at Fry's Electronics on 635 and Jupiter for $30.

Went by the CompUSA in Mesquite today for some cheap disposable DVD-Rs and I also checked out their clearance selection on games.

Tons of PS2 and XBox with some old PS1 games, no GameCube.

They had tons of XIII for PS2 for just $2.98. Also tons of old Jampacks for PS2 for $1.98 a piece.

Some others for PS2:

KillSwitch - $9.98
Gladius - $9.98

Sorry, thats all I remember.

The clearance games are right next to the cash registers in the front of the store.

Hey Dallas Caggers, I went to the Plano Comp USA on 75 and found some decent deals in the PS2 section. There was a bin of clearance stuff up front, but I didn't think any of it looked that great. Here are the prices:

PS2 - All 9.99
NFL Street
Brother in Arms Road to Hill 30
Without Warning
Need For Speed
Darkwatch
50 Cent Bulletproof
Fantastic Four
Fight Club
Ultimate Spiderman
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Max Payne 2
Lord of the Ring Return of the King
Killer 7
Ghost Recon 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Crash Twinsanity
Silent Hill 4
Torino 2006

Good luck trying to find games for the current Best Buy clearance. I did manage to become successful. I picked up the last copy of Killer 7 at the Mesquite BB for $5 (Sale Price $10 - $5 Reward Zone Coupon). I did not find the Midway Arcade Treasures 3 like I wanted.

Today I had to work in Ft. Worth, so on the way home I decided to stop by the two Best Buys I pass on I-30 to look for Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for GameCube. The first one in Arlington (I-30 & FM 157) had nothing. I picked up the last copy at the Oak Cliff Best Buy (I-30 & Crockell Hill). The Best Buy Oak Cliff has a great game selection. I was able to find some games that I definitely cannot find at the Mesquite Best Buy.

[quote name='4tygames']The Best Buy Oak Cliff has a great game selection. I was able to find some games that I definitely cannot find at the Mesquite Best Buy.[/quote]
[quote name='banpeikun']Best Buy in Oak Cliff (zip code 75211) has some premium Xbox 360s. In fact they have everything that other stores sell out of. [/quote]That was my observation also

I'm going to start posting up clearance sale games later on this weekend... I'm going to Plano, Dallas, Frisco, (Mesquite if I have to) to see whats going down before they're gone. BB, GR, TRU, Best Buy, Compusa, or whatever I see down the road. I sense there were a lot of CAG when Radiata Stories at Best Buy was at $5.....You guys did a good job >_< when i really wanted that game. But I'll see you guys later on and hope to see you guys there.

[quote name='itzdaviboi']I'm going to start posting up clearance sale games later on this weekend... I'm going to Plano, Dallas, Frisco, (Mesquite if I have to) to see whats going down before they're gone. BB, GR, TRU, Best Buy, Compusa, or whatever I see down the road. I sense there were a lot of CAG when Radiata Stories at Best Buy was at $5.....You guys did a good job >_< when i really wanted that game. But I'll see you guys later on and hope to see you guys there.[/quote]

I don't think there are that many CAGer's in DFW. I know for a fact that the employees had 1st dibbs because all the crappy 1.99 games were gone where I found the Radiata Stories. I also think the stores didn't have many copies to begin with.

Actually there was only 1 copy i got in Dallas that was at the North Irving location. I was lucky to find some in Ft Worth the day the deal went through. I called and put 3 on hold. They had a few more so I picked up for trades when I got there . All the 1.99 stuff was gone. I'm thinking the employees got all those.

Any of you guys in the dfw area want some free metal game/dvd racks? I have like 30 of them, you can take as many as you want. Check out the site below for pic. These are great if you get a peg board and you can just mount them on. I got these for free, and they are just taking up space. Also I am located in carrollton, which is north of dallas. Thanks

http://www.thegamerheaven.com/dvds.htm

Did anybody make it out to the CC sale today but miss something?

I have a copy of:
Infected-PSP
DQ8-PS2

that I would sell or trade. I am offering them to the Cags in the Dallas area first but if nobody wants them I'll offer them to the others. JLMK

[quote name='Santurio']Did anybody make it out to the CC sale today but miss something?

I have a copy of:
Infected-PSP
DQ8-PS2

that I would sell or trade. I am offering them to the Cags in the Dallas area first but if nobody wants them I'll offer them to the others. JLMK[/quote]
Which CC did you go to?

Parks mall had a few infected , marc ecko , 1 or 2 path of neos, most of the other games were in abundance. No DQ8 though. I already picked up two in Irving though. I think Irving has 2 left.

[quote name='Citizen#1Game']Which CC did you go to?[/QUOTE]
I went to the one in Cedar Hill. They still had several copies of most games but no more DQ8's.

bread's done
Back