Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

[quote name='mprice']Hey reibeatall, are you at the one by Stonebriar or the one by Walmart?[/quote]

By Stonebriar, not in Stonebriar.

[quote name='Backlash']Based on the last 7 weeks, it'll probably be raining on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Any arcades near downtown or anything? I don't like the sun anyway.

There's an arcade in the West End, which is near downtown. There's some bars and stuff down there, too, if you're 21 you might want to check it out. It's not as good as Lower Greenville though.

[quote name='Backlash']There's an arcade in the West End, which is near downtown. There's some bars and stuff down there, too, if you're 21 you might want to check it out. It's not as good as Lower Greenville though.[/QUOTE]
The arcade in the Dallas Alley is gone, I think.

[quote name='Santurio']The arcade in the Dallas Alley is gone, I think.[/quote]

Yeah, it's closed now. The whole West End is pretty pathetic at this point. It's too bad, because I really enjoyed that place.

Any of you around Arlington check out the new Entertainmart that just opened up on Cooper and Mayfield? Tons of used CDs, DVDs, and games. Plus they're paying a ton for games and systems. Rainbow Six Vegas nets 40 bucks cash, an Xbox 360 Elite nets 400 bucks cash, and they're even still taking in Gears of War for 40 cash. Huge store, and a pretty awesome selection of stuff.

[quote name='Backlash']Based on the last 7 weeks, it'll probably be raining on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was in Dallas yesterday and the weather was fucking beautiful. I guess I got lucky.

I didn't do a hell of a lot.. Went to the Palladium to see Sounds of the Underground. I hit up the Kwik-e-Mart, checked out the comic book store on the Northwest Highway (I forgot the name), went to a strip club.. Just picked a totally random one and that blew away anything we have up here. Dave & Buster's, Frys.

Dallas is great though, I give you props. I've been before but I was just a kid.

Ok dallas I figured out that half priced books has great deals on computer games. i just bought the new dungeon siege 2 bundle for 10$ this is more than half the cost from wal-mart. they also had some titles like half life 2 for the pc for 10 dollars as well. should check them out

If anyone is interested, I go to Brookhaven and we are having a big yard sale for Phi Theta Kappa which is the honor society for the 2 year colleges. There will be tons of items, some video game related items but mostly electronics, computer parts, clothes, antiques, and other random stuff. Thanks

Woops sorry, I left out the important stuff. It is this saturday 08/18 from 8am-2pm. Also I think the valley view entrance will be blocked due to repairs so you have to enter from alpha.

Yes, when.
I live right next to Brookhaven so...

EDIT: Thanks, I should go.

Wait, where exactly is it?
On the little road next to Alpha by midway?

It is gonna be at brookhaven in the parking lot in front of the S building, which is the one facing valley view, but that entrance is supposed to be blocked off, so you have to enter from alpha and come around to the front of the school.

*Also I can give you guys some free video game stuff if I see you there, I have some free game posters from gamestop, a video game standee which you ave to build it has (gun, true crime, and cod 2 i think), and I have some psp/ds demo games and a few real games, that I have no use for.* I will be the indian kid wearing a grey phi theta kappa shirt, and I am a twin so if you see 2 of me don't be shocked. I should be there for most of the day (maybe go get lunch), and Thanks again for those who come! -AJ

[quote name='guyver2077']man i gotta hit you guys up when im in dallas again..

them mexican girls were hot.. i imagine the strip clubs are good[/QUOTE]
The strip clubs can be great. But it seems some of my favorites have declined since I last visited. But I did recently go back to one I had written off years ago but now is fucking awesome, The Clubhouse.

I just picked a random ass strip club when I went last month. Platinum II, I think it was called? And it was fucking awesome.. $2 admission? I thought she was kidding me. You've got to pay 10 bones to get in and see some hillbilly ass girls around here.

I am in the Metroplex Burleson to be exact.

On the Movie Trading Company issue, they are owned by Vintage Stock which is a big chain in Oklahoma and Missouri. The ones up there carry old toys too like Transformers, GI Joes, etc.

That is why Movie Trading Company started carrying old games in the last 5 or 6 months. Some stuff they have no clue on like TG-16 games which I found 6 of them for $3.99 each no matter what, and all Atari games are $1.99 no matter how rare. Alot of stuff is overpriced though.

Flea Markets around here are great though, I moved down here 15 months ago from Ohio, and you wouldn't believe all the stuff I have found at flea markets that was rare.

[quote name='jeffg']
That is why Movie Trading Company started carrying old games in the last 5 or 6 months. Some stuff they have no clue on like TG-16 games which I found 6 of them for $3.99 each no matter what, and all Atari games are $1.99 no matter how rare. Alot of stuff is overpriced though.[/quote]

Agreed on the overpricing. They had a labor day sale and I stopped at the one on 35 in Lewisville before heading back up to Oklahoma. They had buy 3 get 1 free on everything used, but I am not paying more than $10 on old n64 cartridges. Disc Only DVDs were only $.99 and I found a couple of Playstation games in the mix (Strikers 1945, Dragon Warrior VIII).

Flea Markets around here are great though, I moved down here 15 months ago from Ohio, and you wouldn't believe all the stuff I have found at flea markets that was rare.

What are some good flea markets around the Dallas area. My family went to Canton First Monday last Sunday and there was only one vendor selling video games at high prices. Any other good flea markets?

[quote name='red flare graf']I just picked a random ass strip club when I went last month. Platinum II, I think it was called? And it was fucking awesome.. $2 admission? I thought she was kidding me. You've got to pay 10 bones to get in and see some hillbilly ass girls around here.[/QUOTE]
That place was my goto spot for when buddies wanted to go to a strip bar or watch a boxing/UFC fight. I went recently but it just wasn't the same aside form some blonde chick stepping into the shower room and putting on a show.

[quote name='4tygames']What are some good flea markets around the Dallas area. My family went to Canton First Monday last Sunday and there was only one vendor selling video games at high prices. Any other good flea markets?[/QUOTE]
I haven't been in a while but Trader's Village in Grand Prairie always had a few people selling video games at decent prices.

I may go to the Gamestop on hebron and Josey not sure yet. Has anyone tried taking that special Gamestop flyer to the 2 stores in Plano? The flyer had get 50% extra on all game trades and $30 extra on any hardware (except gc and gameboys). I think the coupons didn't end till 10/31, I will try going there next week if anyone hasn't already.

yo wats up fellas
anyone here from the irving area?
im be at the gamestop across the irving mall on monday to buy h3

hello, everyone. I just thought I would let you know that the sony playstation 18-wheeler is at the gamestop on josey and george bush. They have a bunch of lcd tvs and games to play. They are there this whole weeken: friday, saturday, sunday. They also are doing some contests and giving away free playstation gear. I won 2 contests and got some playstation t-shirts. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

here are some places that I can think of that still carry nes era stuff.

movie trading co (about 10 locations all around dallas)
console game exchange (inside valley view mall)
gamechop (independent game store, located in carrollton)

[quote name='toocool17']here are some places that I can think of that still carry nes era stuff.

movie trading co (about 10 locations all around dallas)
console game exchange (inside valley view mall)
gamechop (independent game store, located in carrollton)[/quote]

Thanks I will have to check them out.

Unfortunately, I can't give many details, but there is a great independent game store south of Dallas that has lots of old stuff. I found it accidentally on my way back from Austin one time a couple of years ago. I think maybe it's near Waxahatchie? It's definitely in a shopping center right off 35. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

[quote name='reibeatall']There's a Console Game Exchange in the Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, if you're farther north.[/quote]
Yes I am further north so maybe that would be a good on to check out, I live in between Sherman and Gainesville but work in the Dallas area so I get many chances to travel around lookin for a deal.

I assume that you take I-35? Frisco's kinda out of the way, then. I guess you could always take Preston to 380 and then 380 over towards Denton.

[quote name='reibeatall']I assume that you take I-35? Frisco's kinda out of the way, then. I guess you could always take Preston to 380 and then 380 over towards Denton.[/quote]
Welll, usually I take 35 but, I am in construction so, I go which ever way is closest to the job, my house is actually about 5 miles from FM 289 which is Preston up this far north.

[quote name='Backlash']Unfortunately, I can't give many details, but there is a great independent game store south of Dallas that has lots of old stuff. I found it accidentally on my way back from Austin one time a couple of years ago. I think maybe it's near Waxahatchie? It's definitely in a shopping center right off 35. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?[/quote]I think you're thinking of the game place in Hillsboro. Let me look up its name...

bread's done
Back