Dang it's hot, I wish I had some OTTer pops

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Just booted up my old PS3 to make sure it still works before trading it to Gamestop and it can read blurays again. Should have no problems with trading it now.

My voice mail greeting is Dirk Diggler singing "You Got the Touch" out of tune, and some black guy just misdialed me and left a message of him saying, as he's hanging up, "... maaaan, f u c k all dat..."

I called him back, and he goes, "Was your voice mail 'You Got the Power', or somethin'?" I confirmed this fact, and he says, "Oh, yeah. I got da wrong numba."

LoL. I just have a boring voice greeting. Nobody calls me on my cell phone. I only make calls with it.

I'm going to visit my friends in WI over the holiday weekend.

3 more hours of work and I'm bored.

fuck, reseting my old PS3 to factory settings and its gonna take almost 5 hours. If I deactivated all my accounts and erase my profiles, it should be safe right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Torchlight is $5 on Steam today. For those that don't have it, get it![/QUOTE]

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I picked it up 3 days ago for $10...Wonder if I can price adjust. ;)

K, thanks Sean.

Just started to reformat and canceled the process. Turned off by itself and I rebooted it, it acted like a brand new system asking me to set up the time, wifi, username, etc. Good enough I guess.

[quote name='TheRock88']K, thanks Sean.

Just started to reformat and canceled the process. Turned off by itself and I rebooted it, it acted like a brand new system asking me to set up the time, wifi, username, etc. Good enough I guess.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did when I sold mine, didn't feel like sitting through that reformat process.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sean did you hear that Saints Row: Drive By is coming to XBLA?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hope it doesn't suck :(

Find me a deal on Transformers please!

[quote name='seanr1221']That's what I did when I sold mine, didn't feel like sitting through that reformat process.

Yeah, hope it doesn't suck :(

Find me a deal on Transformers please![/QUOTE]

I have an extra copy that I forgot to cancel from Amazon...$50 shipped and its yours. ;)

:lol:

I'm trying to see if my sis will play through the campaign with me...she might just keep the game for a bit and I'll sell it used later.

fuck. get to gamestop, guy hooks it up, everything looks fine until he plugs in my old sixaxis. The POS cant sync up. Now I'm at home having to get one of my dualshocks to trade in. :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']GizmoPrime doesn't like transformers?[/QUOTE]

No she does, but she's been working a lot lately and hasn't had time.

[quote name='TheRock88']fuck. get to gamestop, guy hooks it up, everything looks fine until he plugs in my old sixaxis. The POS cant sync up. Now I'm at home having to get one of my dualshocks to trade in. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Did you try the reset button?

Maybe it's the PS3 where something is funky after you canceling the format but it reverting to normal... did you try the "restore everything to default settings" as well?

I've also read that other bluetooth devices being in the area can cause problems with syncing -- I wonder if something else in the area was preventing it from syncing.

[quote name='seanr1221']Any suggestions for LED tvs? My gf and I might get one when we move.[/QUOTE]

You can get the one on sale at hhgregg.

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=n&ProductID=23039

It's $1000 but you can also sign up for their email and get a $50 coupon. That would give you a 47 inch LED LCD for $950. A good price.

I took a look at it yesterday. I'm on the fence. The color was fantastic. But it has a few option glitches. For example, they uise a dejudder system that makes the screen looks great, but it's clearly first generation because moving objjects gets some pixelization around their edges that is noticeable.

The problem is it's tied to the 240hz processing. So you can't turn it off completely unless you also drop the tv back to 60 hzt. And you can't run at 240 hz without turning it on. If it wasn't for that I would definately buy it. But nowe I'm on the fence.

So that's the only negative to the tv. But the screen is gorgeous. And it's a fantastic price for a 47 inch LED.

918011885_nBxvB-L.jpg

That comic was really funny, yo.

I think I might hop in my boy's canoe and paddle around the city if shit gets crazy tonight.

That's why I avoided them But I've hear the newer plasmas don't really have that problem anymore.

Neat new PS3 controllers from Nyko. They even have one in an xbox style.

ravenps3controller.jpg

Do'h. You gotta use a dongle. I don't like having dongles dangling all over the place.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think i need to take another look at plasma. I've preferred LCD tech but I hear plasmas have really improved and they're cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I had an LCD but I was always able to see the shadow on things that move...actually gives me a headache. I explained it to the sales people, but they dont see the trailing shadows that I talk about. Since I got my 42" Hitachi Plasma (1080i), I havent been able to look at LCD. I also have a 50" Samsung Plasma (1080p) and that is so :drool:.

[quote name='2DMention']I hope you don't play fighters, because Plasmas have problem with burn-in.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore...most have screen features that pixel shift the display. I play for hours on end and I dont notice anything...touch wood!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you try the reset button?

Maybe it's the PS3 where something is funky after you canceling the format but it reverting to normal... did you try the "restore everything to default settings" as well?

I've also read that other bluetooth devices being in the area can cause problems with syncing -- I wonder if something else in the area was preventing it from syncing.[/QUOTE]

Tried everything but all it does, when I have the power cord hooked up to it, is keep having the 4 lights blinking the entire time. Oh well. Hope that $30 DS is still on sale.

[quote name='zewone']I barely found out how awesome The Office is.

Feels bad, man.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
The first season is hysterical, I don't know why it gets such a bad rap. I think it's even funnier when you go back to it after watching the following few seasons.[/QUOTE]

Hmph, I feel the same way.

[quote name='TheRock88']Whew, its done. Got $180 out of it after renewing my Edge card and preordering for the MOH beta code.[/QUOTE]

I think you got hosed. I'm pretty sure GS has a special where you get your EDGE + GI for free when you trade in more than $150 worth of stuff. I was offered this when I traded in 50 X360 games.

[quote name='2DMention']
ravenps3controller.jpg

That controller looks ugly and ghetto. That D-pad looks like it'd be terrible too.[/QUOTE]

Nah...I think this is where its at:

051083_b.jpg

http://www.powera.com/ps3/ps3.asp?section=4&prod=051083

It needs to come out NOW!

----------------

@ Sean...interesting. The 2 employees at the GS I went to were fighting over how it worked...one claimed it was completely free without taking the money from the credit and the other guy said it worked the way you stated it.

Spent the last half hour or so looking to get some wii games for the family but I can't really find anything interesting. All I see is a shitload of budget bargain bin games.

[quote name='seanr1221']LP, I'll give Gizmo her underwear back for your extra copy of Transformers.[/QUOTE]
-_-

[quote name='DT778']Spent the last half hour or so looking to get some wii games for the family but I can't really find anything interesting. All I see is a shitload of budget bargain bin games.[/QUOTE]

That's what 90% of Wii gaming is.

Stick with the Mario games and you'll be good.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You should buy Metal Gear Solid in anticipation of getting that controller, Linkin.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I still have the game, I should have sold it a while back before it dropped in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back