Danimal's NFL Playoffs Contest- Win Gears of War 4 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Atlanta Falcons beat Seattle Seahawks  30-21

Houston Texans beat England Patriots  28-17

Kansas City Chiefs beat Pittsburgh Steelers 24-14

Dallas Cowboys beat Green Bay Packers 30-24

Dead last haha..I knew I shouldn't have picked with my heart and chose my dolphins! :p

Atlanta Falcons beat Seattle Seahawks  34-24

New England Patriots beat Houston Texans 34-10

Pittsburgh Steelers beat Kansas City Chiefs 27-17

Dallas Cowboys beat Green Bay Packers 30-27

Atlanta Falcons beat Seattle Seahawks 30-27
New England Patriots beat Houston Texans 33-12
Pittsburgh Steelers beat Kansas City Chiefs 24-20
Green Bay Packers beat Dallas Cowboys 27-20

Seattle Seahawks over Atlanta Falcons 28-24
New England Patriots over Houston Texans 33-21
Kansas City Chiefs over Pittsburgh Steelers 28-25
Dallas Cowboys over Green Bay Packers 31-24 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats beat the Texans 31-14

Falcons beat the seahawks 31-28

Steelers beat chiefs 24-7

Packers beat Cowboys 31-24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattle Seahawks 19 Vs. Atlanta Falcons 34

Houston Texans 13 Vs. New England Patriots 28

Kansas City Chiefs 23 Vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 24

Dallas Cowboys 27 Vs. Green Bay Packers 38

There are 4 CAGs left who still need to get their picks in: Mannie (currently in first place), fatboyjam, spacegundam0079, and Royal High Knight.  I'm hoping you guys are all strategically waiting until the last minute, checking injury reports or seeing which way the wind blows with everyone else's picks or whatever, and not forgetting about the contest. :lol:  Either way, you've got a little over 12 hours left to get your picks in and have them count.  Once the opening kickoff takes place in the Atlanta vs. Seattle game, no more predictions will be accepted. (You won't be out of the contest, but your point total from the wildcard round won't change)

Also, if anyone who has already posted their picks wants to change them, please post in the thread that you've updated your picks.  I'm marking predictions down as they come in, so if you just update your post, there's a chance that I'll miss it.

I think we'll see some big swings in the standings this weekend, because in 3 of the 4 games, picks are fairly well divided between the favorite and the underdog.  With 20 entries in so far, the favorite/underdog selections in the games are split 13/7, 18/2, 13/7, and 11/9.  It should be really interesting.

Patriots 31 - Texans 13
Falcons 24 - Seahawks 20
Chiefs 21 - Steelers 20
Packers 24 - Cowboys 34

With the first game underway, this thread is now locked.  No more predictions or changes will be accepted.

Good luck everyone!

With the first game underway, this thread is now locked. No more predictions or changes will be accepted.

Good luck everyone!
A bit late but with your permission can you allow me to put in my picks for the remaining 3 games? I'll take the loss on Seattle and Atlanta. If so my picks are the following....

Patriots over the Texans 31-14

Green Bay over the Cowboys 28-24

Chiefs over Steelers 24-20

A bit late but with your permission can you allow me to put in my picks for the remaining 3 games? I'll take the loss on Seattle and Atlanta. If so my picks are the following....

Patriots over the Texans 31-14

Green Bay over the Cowboys 28-24

Chiefs over Steelers 24-20
I've been trying to decide what is the fairest way to handle this since I saw your post. I did clearly state in post #64 above that the deadline was opening kickoff of the first game and no more predictions would be accepted after that. HOWEVER.... I want to run a fun contest and not be a hardass about things. HOWEVER.... it wouldn't be fair to the people who picked the wrong team to win if I let you just take a zero for the Atlanta vs. Seattle game, since they will be getting negative points from picking the wrong team and being off in their guess for the score.

EXECUTIVE DECISION: I'm going to accept your predictions for the 3 remaining games this weekend, but for the Atlanta vs. Seattle game, I'm going to give you the average score among all of the entrants who picked the wrong team. It will be as if you picked the wrong team, and your prediction for the score was off by the average number of points of everyone who takes negative points for the game. This is how I will handle any predictions coming in after the deadline moving forward in the contest. It will be sort of a floating deadline; in each game, the opening kickoff will be the deadline for predictions for that game, but if someone wants to post predictions for future games remaining on that weekend's schedule they can, but will get the average "losing" score of all of the games they were late for.

Updated Standings:

1. irishsoccermbw.....................................................148

2. sm04as.................................................................130

3. Tyga24..................................................................125

4. smackattack..........................................................112

5. ilikecheese9000......................................................93

6. OrionBrando...........................................................90

7. WalkingWiki.............................................................87

8. IndiPop....................................................................79

9. Royal High Knight....................................................79

10. Secret Turtle...........................................................74

11. waltercartman.........................................................73

12. pSyCO_007............................................................72

13. fatboyjam................................................................71

14. ThunderChunky62..................................................70

15. Methoes..................................................................61

16. kube00....................................................................27

17. pablo escobar..........................................................26

18. Shinra_Soldier7.......................................................22

19. killswitch64...............................................................17

20. Mr. Sybok.................................................................10

21. Hestar.....................................................................(-35)

22. kinectimals84..........................................................(-42)

Mannie....................................N.A.

spacegundam0079..................N.A.

(These last two scores will be updated when/if predictions are made under the new floating deadline, or at the end of the weekend)

Sorry for the delay in getting the updated leaderboard posted.  I was up crazy early yesterday (3:00 a.m.) and I was quite zombie-like by the end of the New England vs. Houston game.  It will probably be the same story after the late game tonight- that update will most likely wait until Monday morning.  Anyway, here's how we stand after Saturday's games:

1. irishsoccermbw.....................................................181

2. Tyga24..................................................................162

3. sm04as..................................................................161

4. smackattack...........................................................143

5. WalkingWiki............................................................123

6. Royal High Knight...................................................114

7. ilikecheese9000......................................................110

8. Secret Turtle............................................................108

9. pSyCO_007.............................................................107

10. ThunderChunky62..................................................105

11. fatboyjam................................................................105

12. waltercartman.........................................................100

13. Methoes..................................................................100

14. kube00......................................................................65

15. pablo escobar............................................................59

16. Shinra_Soldier7.........................................................53

17. OrionBrando..............................................................51

18. Mr. Sybok..................................................................48

19. IndiPop......................................................................47

20. killswitch64.................................................................44

21. Hestar........................................................................(-1)

22. kinectimals84.............................................................(-8)

Mannie...................................N.A.

spacegundam0079................N.A.

A "quick" rules update, guys- I've decided to bump up the value of picking the exact right final score in a game.  Instead of being worth 30 points, getting the final score exactly right is now worth 60 points....and it will win you a code for $10 in Microsoft money, which I will send you in a pm.

My reason for making this change is that I want everyone to feel like they always have a chance, that there's always the potential for a last ditch, Hail Mary game-changing ace in the hole (or however many cliches you can stuff into one description).  That was my thinking when I added the bonus for hitting the score on the head in the first place; I've just been thinking it needed to be amped up a bit.  Plus, this hopefully gives everyone a reason to keep playing.  Even if you feel like you''re hopelessly behind on points, each game gives you another chance to win something.

We haven't yet had anyone hit the final score exactly, but last night we came as close as you can without hitting it.  Methoes' prediction of a 34-17 New England win was 1 point off from the actual 34-16 result, netting him (or her, I have no idea) 39 points.  With the new and improved bonus for nailing the final score, if the real game had matched the prediction, Methoes would have scored 100 points for the game, and would be currently tied for 3rd with 161.  That's the kind of game-changer this longshot needs to be.

Today's two games have splits of 13/9 and 12/10 in terms of picks for the favorite/underdog.  I think we're going to see some seismic shifts on the leaderboard, big moves both up and down.  This should be really interesting.  :hot:

Thanks for all the excellent work and effort ur putting into this contest Danimal!

Been steadily climbing with each game and now in 2nd

That was an amazing game.  Here's what it did to our standings:

1. irishsoccermbw................................................218

2. sm04as............................................................203

3. Tyga24.............................................................197

4. WalkingWiki......................................................163

5. Royal High Knight.............................................151

6. pSyCO_007......................................................147

7. ThunderChunky62............................................137

8. Methoes............................................................136

9. smackattack......................................................123

10. waltercartman..................................................113

11. killswitch64.........................................................90

12. ilikecheese9000.................................................90

13. fatboyjam...........................................................82

14. Secret Turtle......................................................74

15. kube00...............................................................49

16. pablo escobar.....................................................36

17. OrionBrando.......................................................30

18. Mr. Sybok............................................................25

19. IndiPop................................................................24

20. Shinra_Soldier7...................................................19

21. Hestar.................................................................(-19)

22. kinectimals84......................................................(-28)

Mannie.....................................N.A.

spacegundam0079.................. N.A.

*Sigh*

Of course the one team to let me down this weekend was my favorite team.

Long week ahead for me; I live in Massachusetts, so being a big Steelers fan is not going to make me very popular at work this week.  Oh well.

Three games to go, here's how it stands:

1. irishsoccermbw.......................................................247

2. sm04as...................................................................240

3. Tyga24....................................................................234

4. pSyCO_007.............................................................182

5. ThunderChunky62...................................................177

6. Methoes...................................................................176

7. waltercartman..........................................................159

8. WalkingWiki...............................................................135

9. Royal High Knight......................................................131

10. killswitch64...............................................................126

11. ilikecheese9000........................................................123

12. Mannie......................................................................123

13. smackattack................................................................96

14. kube00........................................................................95

15. fatboyjam.....................................................................65

16. Shinra_Soldier7...........................................................62

17. Mr. Sybok.....................................................................60

18. Secret Turtle.................................................................55

19. Hestar...........................................................................21

20. pablo escobar...............................................................14

21. OrionBrando...................................................................8

22. IndiPop...........................................................................5

23. spacegundam0079.......................................................(-11)

24. kinectimals84................................................................(-57)

Don't forget to make your predictions for next Sunday's Conference Championship games.  Atlanta and New England are the favorites, Green Bay and Pittsburgh are the underdogs.

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

Picks need to be in by kickoff in the early game, 3:05 p.m. EST, Sunday January 22nd.

Long week ahead for me; I live in Massachusetts, so being a big Steelers fan is not going to make me very popular at work this week. Oh well.

Three games to go, here's how it stands:

1. irishsoccermbw.......................................................247
2. sm04as...................................................................240
3. Tyga24....................................................................234
4. pSyCO_007.............................................................182
5. ThunderChunky62...................................................177
6. Methoes...................................................................176
7. waltercartman..........................................................159
8. WalkingWiki...............................................................135
9. Royal High Knight......................................................131
10. killswitch64...............................................................126
11. ilikecheese9000........................................................123
12. Mannie......................................................................123
13. smackattack................................................................96
14. kube00........................................................................95
15. fatboyjam.....................................................................65
16. Shinra_Soldier7...........................................................62
17. Mr. Sybok.....................................................................60
18. Secret Turtle.................................................................55
19. Hestar...........................................................................21
20. pablo escobar...............................................................14
21. OrionBrando...................................................................8
22. IndiPop...........................................................................5
23. spacegundam0079.......................................................(-11)
24. kinectimals84................................................................(-57)

So are these the standings after both games ??

So are these the standings after both games ??

Yes, the post you quoted shows the standings at the conclusion of the Pittsburgh vs. Kansas City game Sunday night. Sorry if I made it confusing by saying "Three games to go"- I was referring to the two Conference Championship games next weekend, and the Super Bowl.

bread's done
Back