Danimal's NFL Playoffs Contest- Win Gears of War 4 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection

With the Green Bay vs. Atlanta game under way, no more picks for this game will be accepted.  Looks like we had a few people not put picks in.  You can still put in a pick for the Pittsburgh vs. New England game if you want, but you will take the average losing pick score from the early game if you do.

Good luck everybody!

After the NFC Conference Championship, here's how it stands:

1. irishsoccermbw.................................................265

2. sm04as.............................................................260

3. Tyga24..............................................................254

4. waltercartman...................................................182

5. killswitch64........................................................153

6. ilikecheese9000................................................144

7. pSyCO_007.......................................................142

8. ThunderChunky62.............................................140

9. Methoes.............................................................140

10. smackattack.......................................................127

11. WalkingWiki........................................................100

12. Royal High Knight.................................................95

13. Shinra_Soldier7....................................................87

14. Secret Turtle.........................................................83

15. Mr. Sybok.............................................................79

16. kube00.................................................................59

17. Hestar...................................................................41

18. pablo escobar.......................................................39

19. kinectimals84.......................................................(-35)

IndiPop....................................................N.A.

Mannie.....................................................N.A.

fatboyjam.................................................N.A.

OrionBrando............................................N.A.

spacegundam0079...................................N.A.

With just the Super Bowl left, here's how it stands:

1. irishsoccermbw.................................................................293

2. sm04as.............................................................................292

3. Tyga24..............................................................................276

4. ilikecheese9000................................................................178

5. pSyCO_007.......................................................................170

6. Methoes.............................................................................162

7. smackattack.......................................................................149

8. waltercartman....................................................................146

9. WalkingWiki........................................................................128

10. Royal High Knight..............................................................123

11. killswitch64.........................................................................120

12. Shinra_Soldier7.................................................................115

13. ThunderChunky62.............................................................107

14. Mr. Sybok...........................................................................107

15. Secret Turtle.......................................................................104

16. kube00.................................................................................93

17. pablo escobar.......................................................................68

18. fatboyjam..............................................................................65

19. Hestar.....................................................................................9

20. OrionBrando...........................................................................8

21. IndiPop...................................................................................5

22. kinectimals84.........................................................................(-6)

I dropped the 2 CAGs who haven't posted predictions the last 2 weeks.  The CAGs who only missed this week are still listed on the leaderboard; if I run a contest like this again next year, I'll have to figure out a more definitive rule for all of that.  Anyway, it's gotten pretty tight at the top of the leaderboard, but remember, even if you're mathematically out of it, you can still win $10 in Microsoft currency if you get the final score of the Super Bowl exactly right, so I'm hoping everyone will keep playing.  It sucks that we have a 2 week wait until we finally get a winner for this contest, but what can we do?  

so whats the max score you can get if you predict the game perfect?
The Patriots are currently listed as 3 point favorites in the game, so if you pick them to win and get the score exactly right, that would give you 100 points for the game. If you pick the Falcons to win and get the score exactly right, you'd get 110 points. Keep in mind that anyone who picks the wrong team to win ends up with negative points for the game, (-10) for picking the wrong team, and (-1) for each point they're off on each team's actual point total. So being more than 110 points behind does not necessarily mean you're mathematically out of it.

I sent PMs to the people who still have a shot at finishing atop the leaderboard after the Super Bowl (even if it was a long, longshot) to create a tiebreaker in the event we finished with a tie for 1st.  I asked people to predict the combined passing totals for Tom Brady and Matt Ryan in the big game.  Here's everyone's predictions.  Keep in mind, these numbers won't matter at all unless there's a tie atop the leaderboard.

pSyCO_007.............324

irishsoccermbw........627

Methoes...................630

ilikecheese9000........649

sm04as.....................666

Tyga24......................771

And remember, even if you're out of the running for Gears 4 and Halo TMCC, you could still score yourself $10 in MS currency with a correct guess of the final score.  Good luck everyone!

What a crazy game.  I feel bad for Falcons fans.  That would be a hard one to take.

But on to the important stuff.  Here's our final standings:

1. irishsoccermbw..........................................329

2. Tyga24.......................................................312

3. sm04as......................................................273

4. ilikecheese9000..........................................211

5. Methoes.....................................................192

6. waltercartman............................................185

7. smackattack...............................................185

8. WalkingWiki................................................163

9. pSyCO_007................................................147

10. Royal High Knight.......................................123

11. Shinra_Soldier7..........................................115

12. ThunderChunky62......................................107

13. pablo escobar.............................................105

14. Secret Turtle................................................104

15. killswitch64....................................................94

16. Mr. Sybok......................................................90

17. kube00..........................................................70

18. fatboyjam.......................................................65

19. kinectimals84.................................................18

20. OrionBrando....................................................8

21. IndiPop............................................................5

22. Hestar.............................................................(-12)

Congratulations to our winner, irishsoccermbw!

What a wild finish to that game and another classic.

Picked every game correct and so close but finished second. Congrats to the winner and thanks for running a great contest Danimal!

That game was fucking brutal. I was going in rooting for that pats, but started switching to the Falcons after seeing how well they were playing. I just feel bad for them now. I am just imaging the night after the game and the team is just sitting in their hotel rooms while sound of silence is playing.

I never did this contest, but after reading the title I thought this was some national contest because Danimals is also a kids yogurt company and some other stuff.

It was a hell of a ride guys.  Thanks Danimal for throwing the contest and for making the playoffs a little more exciting...even though it went pretty well for this Patriots fan.

I never did this contest, but after reading the title I thought this was some national contest because Danimals is also a kids yogurt company and some other stuff.
Ugh, don't remind me. Those bastards over at Dannon stole my good name to hawk their sugary kids yogurt. :bs: I was Danimal long before those jerks came along. I'm pretty old; I might have been Danimal even before Dan Hampton was Danimal. :oldman:

Ugh, don't remind me. Those bastards over at Dannon stole my good name to hawk their sugary kids yogurt. :bs: I was Danimal long before those jerks came along. I'm pretty old; I might have been Danimal even before Dan Hampton was Danimal. :oldman:
photo-6805.png

bread's done
Back