Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The VGM

Banned
You know the drill ladies.

alpha2art.gif

dancvs.jpg

[quote name='gigan54']i had a feeling it would be dan related. why didn't you post up some random dan pics?[/QUOTE]

They will come. I just wanted to finally get to make the topic again :cool:

some very laggy games with gigan. I realize how much i now suck when playing keyboard. I bet I would play like I normally do if my damn controller was with me. anyone up for a game?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Some SCIII pics if anyones intrested. The only thing exciting about this one is the character creation.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0508/game050827d.shtml[/QUOTE]

Namco should really ditch the prerendered character shots... the characters look like ass.

The game itself looks pretty sweet though, but I hope they balance it a little more this time.

wow... some interesting fights with evilmax... mainly due to lag issues :lol: I killed blanka by throwing rocks at him repeatedly... that was fun. i still lost though.. :)

[quote name='Chacrana']Namco should really ditch the prerendered character shots... the characters look like ass.

The game itself looks pretty sweet though, but I hope they balance it a little more this time.[/QUOTE]

this is better:

http://www.soularchive.jp/

watch the character creaton video to get a good idea of how well this game is going to turn out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... some interesting fights with evilmax... mainly due to lag issues :lol: I killed blanka by throwing rocks at him repeatedly... that was fun. i still lost though.. :)[/QUOTE]
dj_mixer_board_turntables_grooving_lg_wm.gif

Street street street street fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi ghter al al al al al al al al alpha three ree ree ree ree ree!

:D

[quote name='evilmax17']
dj_mixer_board_turntables_grooving_lg_wm.gif

Street street street street fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi fi ghter al al al al al al al al alpha three ree ree ree ree ree!

:D[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh man... i havent seen lag like that in a while!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for some reason i think mame is played more on here than live... but i may be wrong[/QUOTE]

You are probably right but my PC is horrible. I tried getting Mame up and running but everything is way too choppy even in the lowest resolution.

Oh well.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Anyone up for some Xbox Live? CvS 2?[/QUOTE]

My copy of CvsS 2 should be in this week and I will definitely be on live when I get it.....Do you play SF3(or doa)? whats yer GT?

[quote name='Chacrana']Namco should really ditch the prerendered character shots... the characters look like ass.

The game itself looks pretty sweet though, but I hope they balance it a little more this time.[/QUOTE]

I agree this does look like ass:

sc3_35.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']My copy of CvsS 2 should be in this week and I will definitely be on live when I get it.....Do you play SF3(or doa)? whats yer GT?[/QUOTE]

My GT is the same as my username here, GuilewasNK.

I do have SF: AC and DOA:U but I haven't played them much online.

cool, I'll add ya tonight, mine's sonic docta. after I get reacquainted with my team-- Sakura, Ryu and Hibiki, i'll be down for some CvS

[quote name='Apossum']cool, I'll add ya tonight, mine's sonic docta. after I get reacquainted with my team-- Sakura, Ryu and Hibiki, i'll be down for some CvS[/QUOTE]

Ok. I'll add you too.

I'm not that good but I'll try to give you a decent fight when you get it.

I'll try to get a crash course in SF:AC and DOA:U over the next few days too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Ok. I'll add you too.

I'm not that good but I'll try to give you a decent fight when you get it.

I'll try to get a crash course in SF:AC and DOA:U over the next few days too.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, DOA's crash course won't take you too long... it's still a great game though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Surprisingly, DOA's crash course won't take you too long... it's still a great game though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, DOA shouldn't be too hard to refresh in. I played a lot of it over the years just not in a really competitive setting. Usually just against my sister or a few other friends of mine.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Surprisingly, DOA's crash course won't take you too long... it's still a great game though.[/QUOTE]

the only thing I have hard time refreshing in that game is counters.

Sometimes when I go back to playing a fighting game, I'm actually better than before because I don't think as much. after about 20 matches this goes away ;-)

[quote name='Purple Flames']So anyone here try out Super Cosplay War Ultra? It's a really well-made PC 2D fighter. You can d/l it here http://www.buzzscope.com/news.php?id=444. Oh, and it's totally free.

It about 70 MB, but well worth the d/l if you love good 2D fighters.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone get this to work with a gamepad? My character stays crouched even though I re-calibrated my controller.

[quote name='Purple Flames']My controller works just fine with the game.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I tried a USB pad I have laying around and it works a lot better. I just wish my PC could handlt the game better.

[quote name='Purple Flames']My controller works just fine with the game.[/QUOTE]

Aha! I see what was wrong with my other pad. I had to change the controller ID from 2 to 1 in the Gaming Options area in the Control Panel. That's good because it is a much better pad than my USB one.

[quote name='gigan54']is SFIII: 3rd strike, i usually play as hugo, remy, or makoto. i've tried playing with Q a few times, but he doesn't hold my interest much. maybe I should give him another chance.

hugo really sucks though. his large size realy makes it difficult to jump over projectiles. and his HK is pretty much worthless to me. but he's got a 360 throw, and that's why i use him.

makoto i haven't tinkered around with much but i love her rushing punch. i usually alternate that with a few low attacks and mix in the command throw and i'm set... damn i need some real strategy with this game. :([/QUOTE]

why would you jump over projectiles? just parry them.

[quote name='2poor']why would you jump over projectiles? just parry them.[/QUOTE]

Hugo is effective up close, not far away. Parring is okay, but you can't gain any ground if you parry projectiles all day long.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Hugo is effective up close, not far away. Parring is okay, but you can't gain any ground if you parry projectiles all day long.[/QUOTE]

hugos not really a jumping machine either. i doubt someone would throw projectiles all day. i just turtle with hugo and wait till they do something stupid like a deep jump in. just parry it and 360 or 720 his ass. hugos more of a waiting game.

[quote name='2poor']hugos not really a jumping machine either. i doubt someone would throw projectiles all day. i just turtle with hugo and wait till they do something stupid like a deep jump in. just parry it and 360 or 720 his ass. hugos more of a waiting game.[/QUOTE]

Well their are all diffrent styles, none are wrong, none are right.

Finally got some wins tonight on XBL -- went 10 - 1 with someone. he was pretty bad though. but I had fun practicing with Ibuki and Makoto, as well trapping him with Ryu's unblockable dizzying super :lol:

I saw this sweet Hugo vs Remy video that someone had posted a link on shoryuken.com. I think it linked to the GodWeapon site

[quote name='Apossum']Finally got some wins tonight on XBL -- went 10 - 1 with someone. he was pretty bad though. but I had fun practicing with Ibuki and Makoto, as well trapping him with Ryu's unblockable dizzying super :lol:[/QUOTE]

I only played a 3 games on CvS 2. Didn't win any.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I only played a 3 games on CvS 2. Didn't win any.[/QUOTE]

Do alot of people play that online still? Seems like the only people that play older titles online only care about their stats. Nobody plays SVC Chaos online anymore (and why should they) except a couple cheeze balls who exploit Shin Akuma. I hate playing these people, It's like they'll kill their own mother just to win a single game.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Do alot of people play that online still? Seems like the only people that play older titles online only care about their stats. Nobody plays SVC Chaos online anymore (and why should they) except a couple cheeze balls who exploit Shin Akuma. I hate playing these people, It's like they'll kill their own mother just to win a single game.[/QUOTE]

winning is all those nerds have. they cant win at life or games so they have to cheat to do so.

[quote name='2poor']winning is all those nerds have. they cant win at life or games so they have to cheat to do so.[/QUOTE]

Alot of people would argue that it's not cheating since it's in the game so anyone could do cheap moves. That's true but unlike online choads, I play for fun, not for stats. Picking Shin Akuma everytime isn't fun for me. It's fun to mix it up.

If anyone wants to play 3S or Hyper sometime on XBL let me know!!!

GT - SD TEKKEN 619

---

I was the one that mentioned selling HRAPs... they're unfortunately sold out right now but we are expecting restock within early September.

The best price for a HRAP was the show special at EVO2005... the stick was going for $60 shipped... it was the EVO2005 special at the Hori booth...

[quote name='MarkMan']If anyone wants to play 3S or Hyper sometime on XBL let me know!!!

GT - SD TEKKEN 619

---

I was the one that mentioned selling HRAPs... they're unfortunately sold out right now but we are expecting restock within early September.

The best price for a HRAP was the show special at EVO2005... the stick was going for $60 shipped... it was the EVO2005 special at the Hori booth...[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty damn good price for a RAP. im starting the build on my own arcade stick using a japanese stick and happ buttons.

I'm getting a custom made one done from a SRK member... works of art I tell you... I'm opting for Sanwa stick/Seimetsu buttons...

[quote name='Tromack']So besides SCIII and DOA 4 are there any fighting games of any note coming out?[/QUOTE]
neogeo battle colliseum recently came out.

kof chapter 11 is due out soon, along with samurai shodown 0. marvel:nemesis comes to mind for confirmed titles

as for rumors, well there's street fighter 4, and sammy vs. capcom (which i haven't heard anything about)

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is slated for LATE 2005. Maybe early 2006. Arcade and PS2.

Street Fighter 4(or a new SF main series title) is supposed to be unveiled next week. I can confirm that there is one in the works but I'm not at liberty to say what it is. Udon is working on the artwork for the game.

There's also a new Mortal Kombat title in the works that might come out on 360 instead of current gen systems.

King of Fighters XI is in the works... as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back