earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
PS3 only.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=73599

The Dante’s Inferno: Divine Edition comes with:
  • Game
  • Dark Forest PDLC pack FREE (available March)
  • Wayne Barlowe Digital Art Book
  • Developer Documentary
  • Digital copy of the Longfellow translation of Dante’s Inferno
  • 20 song soundtrack from the game
  • Custom Divine Edition packaging
And you get a figurine for pre-ordering:

Reserve Dante's Inferno and receive a Dante’s Inferno collectible figurine. Straight from the fires of hell to your bookshelf, this figurine is so detailed you can actually see the shredded remains of Dante's red Snuggie. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: Dante’s Inferno collectible figurine will ship with your game.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: Dante’s Inferno collectible figurine will be available at time of game purchase.

Amazon will also sell the Divine Edition for $56.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Dantes-Infern..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260461458&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The demo is on PSN now, and... I'm surprised. This is pretty damn good. It's extremely similar to GoW to the point of ripping it off/cloning it, but it works. The camera isn't as up and close as it is in GoW, which means it's a bit easier to keep track of everything.

I might have to pick this up :/

Only the 2 easy difficulties were available, but ultimately if the trophies force you to play on Infernal... I may not buy it lol. God damn.[/QUOTE]

I think extremely similar to GoW is a pretty conservative way to put it. The button mapping is nearly identical, while the moves/combat share almost no differences. The quicktime events, the character type, the fountains (instead of the chests), the monster riding, the BAM BOOBIES moment(s)...it's practically a re-skinned GoW. I do concede the difference in camera; definitely a good thing.

Not that any of those are bad things. I really enjoyed the game, and pretty much just reinforced my pre-order. The combat is really fluid, the upgrade system looks solid, and I'm trusting that the magic/cross stuff will work as well as some of the magic/other stuff in GoW. I do wish they had made some of the higher difficulties available though. I played on the harder of the two, and it felt like a bit too much of a breeze. Bayonetta, on the other hand, was fairly challenging even on Normal.

2010 is going to be sheer hack n' slash euphoria. Bayonetta in January, Dante's Inferno in February, and God of War III in March.
url

P.S. I am thanking the Lord that Virgil didn't appear as some kind of pseudo-badass warrior. I was somewhat surprised they didn't make him a clone of Kratos just for giggles, and to pay homage.

Resistance Figure went for $40-50 right after release.

I pre-order the figure from BBTS and it was cancelled since the only way it would be sold in North America is by purchasing the PS3.

This is pissing me off, bc I have both the 360 and PS3, but I preordered on the 360 with the old ECA 10% off and then it was in my gold box 5% more and then I had a $20 video game off on my account, plus the game dropped to $52.99 last month, so it is $25 for 360 or re-order for PS3 for 57, argh!!!

I played the Demo today on the PS3 and it is good, but I played the game at the SD Comic Con and that demo was different and even better. This is going to be a real good game and great warm-up for GOW3.

I preordered this game months ago on Amazon with the ECA code. However, that was for the 360 version. Is it possible for me to call them up and ask them to change the order to PS3 version so I could get in on the Divine Edition upgrade?

[quote name='lee7sauce']I preordered this game months ago on Amazon with the ECA code. However, that was for the 360 version. Is it possible for me to call them up and ask them to change the order to PS3 version so I could get in on the Divine Edition upgrade?[/QUOTE]

It's somewhat roundabout, but if nothing has shipped from that order, you can e-mail them about that specific order and ask them to add the PS3 version to it. After they do that, you can choose to cancel the 360 version. You should still retain the ECA discount while effectively switching orders. Since the discount is tied to the order rather than the item, you should retain the 10% off.

Hmm..I remember someone say they called Amazon to switch the Tekken 6 Limited Ed from 360 to PS3 (with the 50% off code applied) and they did it for him. Don't know if they still do that.

ARGH, I hope they add the figure to Amazon and/or Best Buy, I just hate Gamestop lately. They never have new games in until the evening or next day after release date, they try to pull that crap, the date is the shipping date, not when we have it.

Annoyed the 360 version isn't getting it, but oh well, that's the console I chose to put multi-platform games on most of the time and I'll stick with it. I wouldn't be going to GS and all the extras are digital anyway, other than the case itself.

To everyone wanting to get the ps3 instead of the 360 with an eca coupon, e-mail them and have it added to your order, then cancel the 360 version. I've added two games with 0 problems to my order so far, all discounts intact(of course not goldbox if you had that on another version).

[quote name='stonciddta']ARGH, I hope they add the figure to Amazon and/or Best Buy, I just hate Gamestop lately. They never have new games in until the evening or next day after release date, they try to pull that crap, the date is the shipping date, not when we have it.[/QUOTE]

It is the shipping date though.... this has been the case for years now, it's not a new thing. It's just that some big name titles (Halo) have street dates so due to large demand, they ship to stores early.

It's not like Amazon guarantees release date delivery on all games.

Emailed Amazon asking them to switch the preorder from 360 to PS3, response came back in less than 20 minutes and the answer is yes. Get to keep promotional discounts too!

Anyone tried the demo yet on PS3 ? I don't think could have possibly copied GoW any more then they did... not that its bad.. but it almost feels the same.

[quote name='Rollett']Anyone tried the demo yet on PS3 ? I don't think could have possibly copied GoW any more then they did... not that its bad.. but it almost feels the same.[/QUOTE]

just played it... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?

[quote name='earvcunanan']The demo is great - ripping off or whatever you want to call it, this game is pure fun. Day one purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

just played it also, looks alot like GOW3 demo, fun gameplay and looks great, should be a killer game.

Just played demo, wow. Total GOW3 feel...but that's why it's so awesome! You can play two GOW games in one month!

[quote name='Rollett']Anyone tried the demo yet on PS3 ? I don't think could have possibly copied GoW any more then they did... not that its bad.. but it almost feels the same.[/QUOTE]
There's a reason for that: a number of the God of War team worked on Dante's Inferno. :mrgreen:

I think this is most likely PS3 exclusive because what's going to happen is you'll go to the video or music blades of the XMB to get access to the bonus content, just like the PS3 version of Batman has bonus videos on it if you go to the video section of the XMB while the Batman game is in the BR drive.

I just hope the soundtrack will be available to get onto your computer, unlike what happened to people who got the PS3 CE of Dragon Age.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']There's a reason for that: a number of the God of War team worked on Dante's Inferno. :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

I believe it was the level designer from the first God of War. If you watch the dev diary videos talking about the circles of hell (1 video per circle) you'll see him mentioned and interviewed, just can't remember which one it's on right now.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It is the shipping date though.... this has been the case for years now, it's not a new thing. It's just that some big name titles (Halo) have street dates so due to large demand, they ship to stores early.

It's not like Amazon guarantees release date delivery on all games.[/QUOTE]

This.
I'll say though that most EA releases are street dated, so I would expect it will be in-store on whatever the online shipping date is, although we'll find out for sure when some of the CAG's who work at game retailers can say if the game is already in their store or not.

[quote name='the_punisher']Sweet, i pre-ordered it from the EA Store (Sim Cards FTW), but i wasn't sure if i was guna get it. It looks like i probably will, nice, just hope EA isn't slow to ship.[/QUOTE]

On my 360 CE of Dragon Age they shipped it the Friday before it's "street date" and I got it on Tuesday, the day of its retail release. And that was with the free shipping they were offering for anyone who bought the CE.

Played the demo yesterday and I liked it more that I thought I would. I'm buying this game at release now. BTW I'm noticing text is extremely hard to read in recent games. Is it time for me to make the HDTV upgrade? Will I actually be able to read the text then?

[quote name='joker______']• Exclusive costume for a playable character in-game: Isaac Clarke from [/QUOTE]
Thats a little random...

[quote name='tyrok3k']They really have no excuse to not have this version also on 360 since the "Death Edition" is available on both in Europe. http://translate.google.it/translat...-per-dantes-inferno/&sl=it&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8[/QUOTE]

They actually do have an excuse: God of War III. EA already knows that the 360 crowd will buy it because software sells on the 360 with the right amount of marketing.

However, it's a different story on PS3 since EA wants to grab the attention of the God of War fans, especially since God of War III will only be a month away from Dante's Inferno. It also doesn't help that there's an outcry of "GoW RIP OFF!" based on the demo from the PS3 crowd.

[quote name='RobotSimp']Don't know if Im gonna get this one yet, but from the OPs list, it has probably one of the most unique/coolest extras so far in an LE package:

-Digital copy of the Longfellow translation of Dante’s Inferno[/QUOTE]

[quote name='earvcunanan']I also think it's nice of them to include a digital version of the piece of literature (Divine Comedy) that the game is based off of.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, um, nice of them to include a digital copy of a freely available, public domain text. It'll be a great help to those too lazy to use Google. Of course, are those people going to have the fortitude to read past the first few lines anyway?

For those who can't wait, here's your "LE" extra early:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1004

I mean, I hate to be cynical, but I'd be a lot more impressed if they were including a printed copy, just so it would be something I couldn't obtain for free on my own.

[quote name='earvcunanan']They actually do have an excuse: God of War III. EA already knows that the 360 crowd will buy it because software sells on the 360 with the right amount of marketing.

However, it's a different story on PS3 since EA wants to grab the attention of the God of War fans, especially since God of War III will only be a month away from Dante's Inferno. It also doesn't help that there's an outcry of "GoW RIP OFF!" based on the demo from the PS3 crowd.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it is probably the biggest God of War ripoff I have ever seen since ghostrider. However, it's a good ripoff, not as good as GoW but still good.

Oh... and pre-ordered, thanks OP.

After trying the demo out on the PS3, I find this game is not for me. I kind of like how it felt like a GoW, but it didn't quite feel as polished. Plus, even though I'm not religious, I found the game to be too dark for my tastes. I can take the themes of Greek Mythology in the GoW series, but not so much this time around in DI. To each their own I suppose.

Great deal for those wanting the game, especially on the PS3.

The deal is between EA and Sony, not Dantes Inferno and Sony (just bigger for this game). EA noticed there was a major absence a while back of Sony exclusives by third-parties, so they have been working on items like this for a while and this is biggest one we cared about to date. EA also have been building on PS3 and porting games to the 360.

The production value and game play are great but it certainly does turn me into a cynic as far as creativity is concerned. That game takes everything from GOW and just adds a few little pieces here or there.

It's somewhat understandable since hack n slash is usually either a crap license game or one of the few big franchises.

Still its sad to what obviously happened here, they were pushed to find a genre with a smaller pool of competition and then asked to emulate the leader as much as possible.

Either way, I like standard priced "limited" editions and will likely pick this up sometime. Probably going to wait at this point though since there's pretty much no chance it will be hard to find.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Thats a little random...[/QUOTE]

It's the same developer that did Dead Space, so it makes sense. I thought Visceral Games sounded familar, and then I realized it's the same people that did DS and I pitched a tent. This is becoming one of my most anticipated 2010 games.

[quote name='misbitski']It's the same developer that did Dead Space, so it makes sense. I thought Visceral Games sounded familar, and then I realized it's the same people that did DS and I pitched a tent. This is becoming one of my most anticipated 2010 games.[/QUOTE]

dead space was SOOO good that its really made me an instant customer for anything that dev puts out.
while this game may not be he most original, from the demo i think its going to kick all kinds of ass. their presentation is top notch.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Played the demo yesterday and I liked it more that I thought I would. I'm buying this game at release now. BTW I'm noticing text is extremely hard to read in recent games. Is it time for me to make the HDTV upgrade? Will I actually be able to read the text then?[/QUOTE]
Same here. Loved the demo but yet another poke in the eye to remind us all that we are "supposed to have" HDTVs now T_T

I'm excited about this game because strong games (Resident Evil, God of War) need good competitors like Dante and Dead Space...but I'm trying to figure out what is why this thread is 5 pages long...

I played the demo last night and I loved the presentation. The voice acting seemed pretty good and the cut scenes had very nice graphics. I played the GoW3 demo right after to compare and graphically GoW seems superior, but Dante's gameplay was somewhat smoother IMO. But then again, this is most likely due to the fact that the game is almost gold and GoW 3's demo is from a lot earlier in the dev cycle.

Then I found out today that the people who made Dead Space made this game. That is one of my favorite games this generation. Anyone who is a GoW or Dead Space fan should like this game if this is any indication of the full version. I for one cant wait.

EDIT: As far as the text in the game and not owning an HDTV. I have an HDTV and the text was still very small, but legible.

[quote name='Diad']Same here. Loved the demo but yet another poke in the eye to remind us all that we are "supposed to have" HDTVs now T_T[/QUOTE]

Really, though, you should be starting to expect that (honestly, I couldn't imagine playing most PS3/360 games on an SDTV, but that's me). It's the standard cycle for just about anything involving computers -- once enough people have upgraded to the newer, better hardware to make for reasonable sales, you stop developing to allow for the lowest common denominator and bump up your system requirements so that you can do more and better things. If this didn't happen, we'd all be playing this game on our Atari 2600s. ;)

[quote name='earvcunanan']They actually do have an excuse: God of War III. EA already knows that the 360 crowd will buy it because software sells on the 360 with the right amount of marketing.

However, it's a different story on PS3 since EA wants to grab the attention of the God of War fans, especially since God of War III will only be a month away from Dante's Inferno. It also doesn't help that there's an outcry of "GoW RIP OFF!" based on the demo from the PS3 crowd.[/QUOTE]
That's a very, very good point about the incentive for the PS3 crowd to buy it.

To be honest, after playing the demo just a few minutes ago I can also freely admit it's reeeally a complete GoW ripoff. Not that it's a bad thing. It's a very good demo and I can tell that it'll be a lot of fun but it's very "traced" if that makes any sense. The plot and setting look very cool and the fact that it has a deep upgrade system is also awesome. It makes me wonder if you can make Dante more evil or good depending on which alignment you want to take him along. I don't think that I'll be buying this a month before GoW III comes out, though. I'm sure we'll see some MASSIVE price drop a week after GoW III is released and this sees some drastic sales plummet.

I don't know...I mean, I like GoW and all as I have both games for the PS2 plus the one for the PSP, but I actually am more excited for Dante's Inferno now than God of War 3. The idea of a game taking us through the nine circles of hell blows away anything GoW 3 can come up with, frankly. Now I'm just waiting to see if Darksiders will take the #2 spot away from Gow 3, as it has a rather interesting story and character as well, plus it's a free roam and free camera game, two pros over GoW 3. :twisted:

My issue with the whole thing is that unlike most people, I wasn't a huge fan of Dead Space, and I'm just not too keen on this game's story or art direction.

It may have copycat mechanics and systems from GoW, but:

1. The main character has no personality, and looked like an idiot

2. While they succeeded in making me feel uncomfortable with some of the things they put in the game, this isn't really a good kind of uncomfortable (I guess it isn't trying to be seeing how it's Hell but still....).

3. The marketing on this game really screwed things up. I'm sure it'll sell on the 360 but will tank pretty hard on the PS3. It's... catering to people who like Prototype (that is an insult, b/c Prototype in my book is the worst year I've played all year, but it's my opinion, nothing more). Honestly though, it really is trying to sell the "beat the shit out of things" angle and nothing more. I'm not sure how the story will hold up, hopefully well. Presentation will tell, the demo was done relatively tastefully but their marketing sure hasn't been.

It really feels like another case of 360 owners having to settle for something similar, but ultimately worse than the PS3 equivalent (inFamous in the above example).

However, I will say this. The difference between Unholy and Righteous or pure or whatever it was called is an interesting addition. Granted, the way it was used in the demo was pretty much just a decision between what buttons you wanted to press and what animation you ended up seeing, it adds a lot of depths into the character customization which is missing from GoW.

It may end up being that the game can stand up in its own right, it sure feels like it'll be a franchise EA can build upon. All things equal though, I myself still prefer GoW's story, characters, and anchored mythology over Dante's.

On a side note, I actually thought the CG was in-engine for a few seconds; the cutscenes do look really good.

bread's done
Back