danthemightyone does anybody know him

priest_ridden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hello,

Some of you may have seen the thread over in the trading forum regarding danthemightyone. He has received games and movies from myself and three other people and has since disappeared.

He appears to be a respected member both here and at several other sites, but has fell off the face of the earth. I was hoping someone may know either a way to get ahold of him, cell #, gamertag, email addresses. Or ideally actually knows him and knows what happened to him.

His name is: Andrew Yun and lives in Ottawa, Ontario

Thanks

[quote name='priest_ridden']Hello,

Some of you may have seen the thread over in the trading forum regarding danthemightyone. He has received games and movies from myself and three other people and has since disappeared.

He appears to be a respected member both here and at several other sites, but has fell off the face of the earth. I was hoping someone may know either a way to get ahold of him, cell #, gamertag, email addresses. Or ideally actually knows him and knows what happened to him.

His name is: Andrew Yun and lives in Ottawa, Ontario

Thanks[/quote]

He might still be in exams and stuff, most of us here are.

there hasn't been any activity on his account since March 12th...I hope he's okay. Exams or not, to not have signed in for over a month smells bad news in my books.

well i am guessing you know his address and name, maybe someone from the ottawa region could 411 him and give him a call.

creepy...yes, but im sure you could just say "hi i am looking for _____, i was wondering if he is in, he hasnt returned my calls" worst comes to worst they say they wont know you but you might get an answer.

that is kind of unforunate and seems just really weird someone would drop off the face of the earth, hope all is well.

According to Gametz, when you click on his username his address shows as

3 Scarlet Crt
Ottawa, ON K1T 3R6

when I Canada411 the last name and cross reference the address, you get this phone #

613-260-7560

good luck

Eh, I'd rather not call him, but if someone wants his number to do so I'll gladly go take look.

EDIT: Nevermind....

lol, I only saw the first post, and went and found this:

true

Yun Eun Sup
613-260-7560
3 Scarlet Crt
Ottawa, ON K1T 3R6
from yellowpages.ca. The only "Yun" in Ottawa, figures it was on here anyway :razz:

Yeah, if he had logged on more recently I would be more inclined to think scam, but he dropped off the face of the earth on this site, plus a couple other sites at the same time.

Thanks for the number I already had that and have called several times and nobody ever answers.
I appreciate all the responses. Thanks

everybody here would make a great stalker. :p

hmmm. maybe somebody took over his account or something to trade and dissapear...

but since he hasnt been on for such a long time....

wonder what happend to him? :O

[quote name='Bencherstyle']everybody here would make a great stalker. :p

hmmm. maybe somebody took over his account or something to trade and dissapear...

but since he hasnt been on for such a long time....

wonder what happend to him? :O[/quote]

Breaking News, Andrew Yun was found tonight crushed under a pile of stolen games and movies.

Isn't it ironic?

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Breaking News, Andrew Yun was found tonight crushed under a pile of stolen games and movies.

Isn't it ironic?[/quote]

i can't sense the sarcasm, so is it true?

He had plenty of good trades, and seemed like a decent fellow. Alas, it is a bit mysterious as to why he's registered on other sites.. and has left CAG in the middle of a number of trades.

It's good that you're all concerned, but I don't see what the big deal is. People "disappear" from the Internet all the time. Why are we trying to track this guy down?

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Breaking News, Andrew Yun was found tonight crushed under a pile of stolen games and movies.

Isn't it ironic?[/QUOTE]

Ok, now that made me laugh, thanks :)

[quote name='CHW']It's good that you're all concerned, but I don't see what the big deal is. People "disappear" from the Internet all the time. Why are we trying to track this guy down?[/QUOTE]

Cause he made trades w/myself and 3 other people that I know of, received our end of the deal and never fulfilled his. Other then that no real reason except for the fun of stalking I suppose.

sry to hear about this man.

danthemightyone was pretty active on here and other canadian deal/trading sites.

Its weird for someone to completely disappear though. If he was a student, exams are probably just finishing but then again, people would still sign in every so often.

I'm from Ottawa and I could try and call in a week or two...cause I'm in the middle of a lot of crap, and I'd rather just wait and see if he turns up.

I'll second/third/whatever the remark about him not seeming like the type to scam people, though I've only ever communicated with him on threads here.

[quote name='kathos']Facebook time.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, I just got a new email address for him from one of the members here

[email protected]

***Update he does have a Facebook account, but I cann't view it. Well atleast I can send him a msg.

I easily found him of facebook but he doesn't seem to be really active...but all his friends are there it might be easy to get ahold of him.
CAGs as stalkers would be crazy I think we've developed crazy internet research skills while looking for all these deals.

Yeah, I wish I could see his friends. Is his account viewable to those of you in his area. If so I'll just change my network and start working my way through his friend list.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Hahaha I used to do this for a living (I was a skip tracer for a collection agency)

Good times.[/QUOTE]

I need you trace some people down who skip out of my apartments!!!!!

Check with a local collection agency, they may be willing to take on your account. You won't get ALL your money back, as they do take a portion of it, but you'll get something.

And something is better than nothing.

Where is the deal in this thread?

Why isnt this in the question forum?

Why isnt there any "elite" member to complain about it?

Double standard?

[quote name='whisper450']Where is the deal in this thread?

Double standard?[/quote]

Thanks for your OT post whiner450! :D

Double standard?[/quote]

157n5fp.jpg

oops sorry.

LOLWTFBBQROFL WHY IS THIS IN THE DEALS FORUM?!

(by the rule that i made, cuz i'm just that awesome, there are expections to my rule.)

and i woudlnt like someone raining on my rain if my games were "scammed" out of :/ by telling them they posted it on the wrong forum. that would be just mean.

other people with questions on the other hand, they are just happy dandy, so we could kindly ask them to not do it again.. :)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']and i woudlnt like someone raining on my rain if my games were "scammed" out of :/ by telling them they posted it on the wrong forum. that would be just mean.

other people with questions on the other hand, they are just happy dandy, so we could kindly ask them to not do it again.. :)[/quote]

See I totally agree with you. I do believe this post is completly appropriate given the situation. Now if we could all work on the kindly part (btw sarcasm and irony isnt seen as kindly) for other misplaced post it would be just great.

You can all get back to stalking

i understand that too Whisper, i can use sarcasm and irony sometimes when im in a bad mood too.
and some people here can be just darn-right mean sometimes.

but you must understand that there is always, and i exaggerate this point, always someone who posts in the wrong forum. i assume that we were all nice when there were a couple of people who makes mistakes back than, but now there are people who've been here for years even, who does not post correctly. that, kind of tickles me.

but generally speaking, i understand that people here are sometimes crude. we should be more friendly, or we mgiht become a second-hand RFD :0

we are just trying to make CAG a better, cleaner organized place after all.

Double standard?[/quote]

u-mad1.jpg

Holy threadjack battman :)
I put it here as I was thinking well danthemightyone is from Canada, and oh look we have a section in the forums that is dedicated to Canada.

It was risky as it wasn't a deal :) but I figured it was worth a shot. And thanks again to everyone that's helped, tried to help, or posted in this tread.

[quote name='priest_ridden']Holy threadjack battman :)
I put it here as I was thinking well danthemightyone is from Canada, and oh look we have a section in the forums that is dedicated to Canada.

It was risky as it wasn't a deal :) but I figured it was worth a shot. And thanks again to everyone that's helped, tried to help, or posted in this tread.[/quote]

its cool with me, as i would not have cared where this went if my games were lost/scammed/stolen/burned.

let us know what happends if you find the guy!

[quote name='priest_ridden']Holy threadjack battman :)

It was risky as it wasn't a deal :) but I figured it was worth a shot. And thanks again to everyone that's helped, tried to help, or posted in this tread.[/quote]

Really, I wouldn't worry about any backlash of "AMG NOT DEALZ! DURRR!!!". I've been following your quest to find dan, over on the trading section, and I really hope a happy resolution arises.

Like ^ said, keep us updated as well, since I think this is one of those rare occasions the entire CAG community can unite, despite our differences in regions and other things.

[quote name='neksus']You can't always get payment first if it's an honour system trade.[/quote]

Nah I always ask for payment first, I know I'm honest, dunno about everyone else. If the person doesn't wanna buy it, fuck 'em, 'cause someone else will.

[quote name='Firestorm']Weird. He didn't come off as a scammer in any of his posts here and has been quite active... I hope he's okay o.o;;[/quote]

HAHA..Good scammers never "come off as scammers", i think it's rule # 1 for them. He's probably fine, maybe he got a new girlfriend.

[quote name='kathos']Also I think this is a good example of lesson learned and:

Always get payment first.[/QUOTE]

If it had been a sale I would have, but it was a trade and he had a higher Itrader rating then me, so I shipped first. Even after this experience I would still ship first if I had the lower trader rating. Sometimes things don't work out. :sigh:

Hmm...this doesn't bode welll for danthemightone. Again I don't trade as often as CAG, cuz I don't believe in the itrader ratings nowadays. The last time I bought something off somebody on CAG, I asked them for a ebay feedback, if they had one, as I trust ebay feedback, moreso than CAG Trader points. Also, like others said, make sure the payment is finalized on there part, as soon as you fullfill your end of the trade. I usually ask tracking number or give the trader or seller - 2 Business days upon receipt of my payment to ship the game. If it's past that point, I ask politely and tell them to update me on the status ASAP. I never gotten beyond the point of not hearing back from them, but I would hound them like most CAGers.

bread's done
Back