Daria - The Complete Animated Series - May 11th - FINALLY!!!!!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
center]

Daria - The Complete Animated Series on DVD will, according to the studio, contain "ALL FIVE SEASONS PLUS BOTH MOVIES!" The running time is 1606 minutes (almost 27 hours!), and video is listed as full screen. Audio specs haven't been provided yet, nor do we have pricing or package art so far. But for now here's a list of the bonus material that will be found on the set, and please stay tuned for updates!

* Pilot - Sealed With a Kick
* Music Video: Mystik Spiral Music Video "Freakin' Friends"
* Daria Day Intros
* Top Ten Video Countdown Hosted by Daria & Jane
* Cast & Crew Interviews
* Never Before-Seen Mystik Sprial spin-off script

Sorry if this isn't the right section.. there's really no forum for DVD announcements. I'm so freakin' excited for this!!! Amazon has a listing up, but no price yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslR8AfIxBw

Oh, sweeeeeeet. I caught one episode of Downtown once and it was awesome.

Also, if someone is looking for a slightly cheaper alternative for Downtown:
http://chrisprynoski.blogspot.com/2007/02/mtv-downtown-dvds.html

It's the same set, but for 25 dollars shipped instead of 30. From what I gather, the only difference is when you pay for the 30 dollar set from Zen's link, you get it autographed from George. Me, myself, I'd rather just save the 5.00 since I could care less about an autograph and I don't think these sets would skyrocket in value (but who knows, maybe they will)

YAY.

I'm glad this is finally coming out.

A few years ago I almost spent $20 on a bootleg version but decided not to get it and hoped the real deal would come out someday.

I'm gonna hold off on preordering, in case Amazon drops the price down to what DVDEmpire has. And if DVDEmpire raises their price up, then I'll just order from Amazon.

Yeah, $50 seems a little high. I'm sure the diehards will buy it at that price, but I can wait for a better deal....

It is on my Wishlist now, though...

[quote name='jupiterjones']Yeah, $50 seems a little high.[/QUOTE]

$50 seems high?

There's five seasons and two movies. The movies are $11 and $12 on Amazon alone. This thing is 8 discs and 1606 minutes, or 26 hours. That's roughly $2 for every hour worth of content.

It blows my mind that you think 5 seasons and 2 movies is "a little high" at $50. Blows my mind.

bout. damn. time. Like every few years I think about this show, and bug my friend at Viacom to make it happen.. now I need a new reason to bug her :/ Ren & Stimpy BR!!

[quote name='VipFREAK']2 movies? Really? Why? Really don't remember that. lol[/QUOTE]

They were made-for-TV. (Recalling from memory) I think the first is called "Is it Fall yet?" and deals with Daria working at a kid's camp over the summer, dealing with a kid whose parents are/just got divorced. There are other plots as well - Jane goes to an art camp and finds out everyone there is shallow, and Daria's sister Quin gets tutored (voiced by Carson Daly).

The other movie should be called "Is it College Yet?" and is considered the series ender, dealing with her boyfriend at the time and choosing colleges and things.

So not "proper" movies, but more like long episodes. I think you can get them on DVD, or at least one of them, because I have them (or it) already.

Anyway, yeah, enough with the "I'll buy it a (lower price)" posts. You're getting a ton of quality for fiddy bones. I know this is CAG and all but sometimes the pessimistic attitude of people around here is hugely irritating. And it's not exactly a clever thing to say. Everyone wants stuff cheaper. You're not adding much to the conversation, if anything at all.

[quote name='Scorch']$50 seems high?

There's five seasons and two movies. The movies are $11 and $12 on Amazon alone. This thing is 8 discs and 1606 minutes, or 26 hours. That's roughly $2 for every hour worth of content.

It blows my mind that you think 5 seasons and 2 movies is "a little high" at $50. Blows my mind.[/QUOTE]

THAT!

I'd pay $50 for a freakin' season if I had to. $50 for all this content is a steal. That's $10 a season! I pre-ordered.

If this was announced at $200 I'd still think it was fair. At $50, I pooped myself with excitement.

im just glad they are going the complete series route. i hate it when the sales of a show dont meet their expectations so they just stop. any show that has ended should be released this way. and people need to understand that any show from mtv will have to have the music taken out because of the way the shows were made.

[quote name='Strell']Anyway, yeah, enough with the "I'll buy it a (lower price)" posts. You're getting a ton of quality for fiddy bones. I know this is CAG and all but sometimes the pessimistic attitude of people around here is hugely irritating.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that it's probably worth that much, I have to point out the absurdity of complaining about pessimism in a Daria thread.

It'll drop from 50 to something more manageable until its release, I'm sure. That's what Amazon tends to do.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']While I agree that it's probably worth that much, I have to point out the absurdity of complaining about pessimism in a Daria thread.[/QUOTE]

Touche.

Jerk. :]

[quote name='dg7md']It'll drop from 50 to something more manageable until its release, I'm sure. That's what Amazon tends to do.[/QUOTE]

Seems they decided to go the other route. 65.49 now.

To DVD Empire I go!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What's everyone's aversion to DVDempire?

41.99 sounds like an excellent price and I know I've ordered from them problem-free before.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered from them once before, without issue. My preorder is in over there now.

But, if Amazon gets down to that price, I'm definitely switching my preorder over. I just love Amazon that much more. Plus, I've got credit over there.

Lots of DARIA love... Kinda surprising! To be honest, I don't remember the show too well, but I don't remember it being that great! I think my mom and my sister used to watch it all the time, sounds like a good gift?

But from reading all the FAP FAP FAP comments, I may check it out again.

People are already receiving their orders from Amazon, yet I ordered mine way back in February, and it has yet to ship. :(

i'm debating buying it. If you get from mtv store , you get a t-shirt but its $3 more than amazon's price. But seems like both would be shipped from amazon either way....

[quote name='lmz00']People are already receiving their orders from Amazon, yet I ordered mine way back in February, and it has yet to ship. :([/QUOTE]

Link? Where are people stating they ordered from Amazon and it's been shipped?

Seems like a good write up, but

Jane's slacker boyfriend Trent

Doooooooooooooooooooood.

The music replacement sounds like it is as sanitized as possible. They kept the theme, and I'm guessing that's the only song anyone can recall offhand right now. So I'm guessing/hoping it's not going to feel like a bad thing.

Plus, I really want to see if they fixed the audio on the episodes that were on DVD already. The one where Daria gets a box is a really strong episode, and it's on the "Is it College Yet?" DVD, and there are whole sections devoid of audio. Not voice, but all the sound effects and so forth.

Anyway, can. not. wait.

Also, for those interested, I noticed that Amazon has "The Maxx" as part of its print-to-order program for a slim $15. Yes, the show is incredibly short (I think you can watch the whole thing in about two hours), but it's fucking phenomenal and you really owe it to yourself to pick it up.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Link? Where are people stating they ordered from Amazon and it's been shipped?[/QUOTE]
By "people," I meant one of my friends.
32277_389058121721_709106721_4506103_6766413_n.jpg

bread's done
Back