Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Update:
iconamazon.gif
Dark Souls Hardcover Guide $13.74

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon this whilst browsing. Happy preordering!

http://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-...9783869930480?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

This is the direct link for the 5% discount. (thanks Jodou & Bumslie)
http://www.bookdepository.com/bts?ut...er-Academic-11
Looks like you need to go through the link & then apply promo code BTS2011 at check out on the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ordered with them before, but if I might for this. Also, this code was posted in the Deus Ex thread for 5% off: BTS2011. Not sure if it would apply here as well, but worth a shot. BTW, where would one enter this code anyways? Seems like there's no place to enter it.

Wow, I had no idea Future Press was doing a Dark Souls guide! This would make up for the lack of a strategy guide in the Dark Souls CE, wouldn't it? I know a lot of people are disappointed about the lack of a physical strategy guide in the CE (I am too), but a Future Press guide for the game should be 1000x better, shouldn't it?

Also, this doesn't say its a CE guide, just a regular one, though it IS hardback. Anyone know if Future Press may be releasing a CE guide (better cover, extra content, etc.)?

They are located in the UK, right? I'm kinda worried about what shape the guide will arrive in... I hope Amazon lists this before it ships.

[quote name='Vinny']They are located in the UK, right? I'm kinda worried about what shape the guide will arrive in... I hope Amazon lists this before it ships.[/QUOTE]

All books I have got from them showed up MINT. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm would get this guide even if the DS CE came with a physical guide.

Future Press is the best in making game guides.

[quote name='Jodou']I've never ordered with them before, but if I might for this. Also, this code was posted in the Deus Ex thread for 5% off: BTS2011. Not sure if it would apply here as well, but worth a shot. BTW, where would one enter this code anyways? Seems like there's no place to enter it.[/QUOTE]

Its $22.93 after the discount. In the shopping cart look at towards the top left area. There is a promo code box.

EDIT:

After placing my order the promo box is gone. Don't know if it's a one time use.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']I've never ordered with them before, but if I might for this. Also, this code was posted in the Deus Ex thread for 5% off: BTS2011. Not sure if it would apply here as well, but worth a shot. BTW, where would one enter this code anyways? Seems like there's no place to enter it.[/QUOTE]

Its $22.93 after the discount. In the shopping cart look at towards the top left area. There is a promo code box.

EDIT:

After placing my order the promo box is gone. Don't know if it's a one time use.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Thanks for the heads up. Listing is on amazon but you cannot preorder yet, only sign up to be notified when it is available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3869930489[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. Though I did order the Deus Ex CE guide from BD, I would much rather order from Amazon when possible. Signed up for notification, but more importantly, waiting to see if it's an actual CE guide or will there be a difference between this one and the one from BD.

[quote name='GreenSpark']Thanks for the link. Though I did order the Deus Ex CE guide from BD, I would much rather order from Amazon when possible. [/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, Amazon bought out The Book Depository last month.

Hrmm....I hope Amazon will have their discounted price as usual for this guide (33% off?) Futurepress' Deus Ex guide is also up for pre-order, but strangely is at full $35 when Amazon usually takes a substantial discount off their guides...I am sad

[quote name='Jon7']If it makes you feel any better, Amazon bought out The Book Depository last month.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that. Should we expect prices to go up? (semi-serious)

[quote name='ithebigc']Hrmm....I hope Amazon will have their discounted price as usual for this guide (33% off?) Futurepress' Deus Ex guide is also up for pre-order, but strangely is at full $35 when Amazon usually takes a substantial discount off their guides...I am sad[/QUOTE]

The Book Depository has it for 24.14 shipped, that is actually a great price for a hardcover Future Press guide (I guess its a CE guide, but it isn't clear from the listing). I am considering preordering from BD for this guide, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, because I want to make sure this IS a CE guide and contains the extras they usually have with those guides (besides a nice hardcover).

Also, a few people mentioned a Promo code earlier in the thread . . . but I see no box to enter a promo code, right up to actually placing the order. Maybe the promo code doesn't apply to preorders? Or just doesn't work with this game?

[quote name='chimpmeister']Also, a few people mentioned a Promo code earlier in the thread . . . but I see no box to enter a promo code, right up to actually placing the order. Maybe the promo code doesn't apply to preorders? Or just doesn't work with this game?[/QUOTE]

I got it to work on my pre-order $22.93! It seems the promo box disappeared after my order.

Looks like I'm going to be "that guy": Does anyone know if Book Depository charges your credit card when you place the order or waits until the item ships (like Amazon)?

I'm seriously considering this, as FuturePress has proven itself to be the best guide maker to come along in a while (they remind me of VersusBooks...*sigh*).

[quote name='Vigilante']Looks like I'm going to be "that guy": Does anyone know if Book Depository charges your credit card when you place the order or waits until the item ships (like Amazon)?

I'm seriously considering this, as FuturePress has proven itself to be the best guide maker to come along in a while (they remind me of VersusBooks...*sigh*).[/QUOTE]

Looks like they charge before ship.
I have 2 24.14 charges (one for Dark Souls, the other for Deus Ex)

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Looks like they charge before ship.
I have 2 24.14 charges (one for Dark Souls, the other for Deus Ex)[/QUOTE]Ugh, thanks. I think I'll hope Amazon lists the guide soon, or maybe I'll order this closer to DS's release if the price stays the same.

[quote name='Bumslie']All books I have got from them showed up MINT. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm would get this guide even if the DS CE came with a physical guide.

Future Press is the best in making game guides.

EDIT:

After placing my order the promo box is gone. Don't know if it's a one time use.[/QUOTE]

I never order from them before, I don't see the promo field you're referring to... Is it on the last page of checkout? I don't want to "place order" to find out...

[quote name='Serpentor']I never order from them before, I don't see the promo field you're referring to... Is it on the last page of checkout? I don't want to "place order" to find out...[/QUOTE]
they might have removed it.

[quote name='Serpentor']I never order from them before, I don't see the promo field you're referring to... Is it on the last page of checkout? I don't want to "place order" to find out...[/QUOTE]

I went all the way up to submitting the order (but didn't submit), and there was no place to enter a promo code.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I went all the way up to submitting the order (but didn't submit), and there was no place to enter a promo code.[/QUOTE]

I was having the same problem. I remembered I got an email from them with the code so I checked that and it provided a link to click. After clicking the link and adding the book to my cart, the code box showed up at checkout. You can give it a try if you like. Hope it works for you.

http://www.bookdepository.com/dealsAndOffers

Man, how do you get te promo code to work? The link is not working... No promo box to be found :whistle2:( Does it matter what browser you use?

[quote name='Serpentor']Man, how do you get te promo code to work? The link is not working... No promo box to be found :whistle2:( Does it matter what browser you use?[/QUOTE]

Ok I didn't know the promo was directed through a link. Here you go:

http://www.bookdepository.com/bts?u...der-links&utm_campaign=Newsletter-Academic-11

Just add your books and when you go to check out there will be the promo apply box above your order. Put in the BTS2011 and your set.

[quote name='Serpentor']Man, how do you get te promo code to work? The link is not working... No promo box to be found :whistle2:( Does it matter what browser you use?[/QUOTE]

I tried it in IE and Firefox, no promo code box. But I didn't enter my credit card info and click to submit order, because I assume the promo code box would be on the order screen, before you submit. Not sure why it doesn't show . . . anyone who's used it, at what point in the order process does it appear? I would assume on the screen where you'd enter your CC info.

Heh, no wonder. Pretty retarded way to do business by hiding the promo box unless you use a specific link, though.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'm unfamiliar with futurepress; so they make good guides?[/QUOTE]They make some of the best guides out there. Very lengthy and full of content versus a Prima or Brady guide.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I'm unfamiliar with futurepress; so they make good guides?[/QUOTE]

Them and Piggyback make the best guides on the market

[quote name='guardian_owl']tagged for when it is confirmed if this is a CE guide.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of waiting on the same confirmation, but now that I think it's been verified that the Dark Souls CE game will only include a digital mini-strategy guide, I'm getting one for sure now. If it's confirmed to be an actual CE guide, I'll double-down and snag a 2nd one as well;)

but you have to check which website is cheapest when you include the 5% or 10% discount as sometimes the .co.uk and .com have different prices for the same item

Jumped on the Deus Ex guide, and really want this, but I think my girlfriend will kill me with all the stuff Ive been buying lately. Luckily theres still quite a bit of time before this releases so it should stay in stock right?

[quote name='Serpentor']The 10% requires PayPal, which is not preferred for pre-orders (paying via PayPal, your CC is charged right away).[/QUOTE]

From my experience, the Book Depository charges right away for credit card orders as well so that shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Serpentor']The 10% requires PayPal, which is not preferred for pre-orders (paying via PayPal, your CC is charged right away).[/QUOTE]

the 10% code will work for credit card as the code is entered before you choose the payment method, I've used the code and paid with mastercard.

btw I dont think the BD mind either as its not in the T&C's that we must use paypal:
The discount code can only be used once per transaction.
Discount codes cannot be used with any other voucher or coupon.
Discount codes can only be used at time of purchase and not retrospectively.
The discount code is only valid until 31st of August 2011.
Discount codes are exclusive of any applicable VAT.
The Book Depository is the organiser of this promotion.
The Book Depository Limited retains the right to end this promotion without notice.

but as tommythethumb said they charge in advance for pre-orders

Does anyone know if the code can be used more for multiple orders then? T&C's only state that it can be used once per transactions (of course), but it the promo box doesn't show up again for subsequent orders, from what I'm reading here.

Just checking cause I wanna order a few books, but I don't wish to get charged for pre-orders, so would rather order the unreleased books later if the discount still works then.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Did not know that. Should we expect prices to go up? (semi-serious)[/QUOTE]

For the most part, yes. Future Press CE guides tend to hold their value.

I would only buy it if you want it for yourself. It's not worth buying it as an 'investment'. Some jump up in value (see 'Bayonetta CE' which was not available in North America due to licensing issues); while others remain relatively flat (see 'Portal 2 CE' which has a readily available paperback version, and is a game that doesn't really need a guide IMHO).

They are definitely high quality with plenty of extra content at the back. Well worth the price.

Normally I don't care about guides, but I looked at the Portal 2 guide Future Press did and it's almost more like an art book or something. Thanks for sharing OP.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Normally I don't care about guides, but I looked at the Portal 2 guide Future Press did and it's almost more like an art book or something. Thanks for sharing OP.[/QUOTE]

FuturePress is the best. If a game has deep gameplay then FuturePress is the exact publisher you want on your game. Their Bayonetta and Vanquish guides destroy anything else out there. They can put out guides for expert players...even better than the internets! The guides themselves are also well-designed and nice to look through.

bread's done
Back