Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Update:
iconamazon.gif
Dark Souls Hardcover Guide $13.74

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon this whilst browsing. Happy preordering!

http://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-...9783869930480?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

This is the direct link for the 5% discount. (thanks Jodou & Bumslie)
http://www.bookdepository.com/bts?ut...er-Academic-11
Looks like you need to go through the link & then apply promo code BTS2011 at check out on the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Had to cancel my Amazon order and go with Gamestop. Got 10% off as well, so not bad overall.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My guide from amazon still said not yet shipped even though I have prime.

How fast does amazon credit the money back when you cancel an order? Cause I might just pick one up at gamestop tomorrow.

I got the guide from gamestop, it's fantastic.

Fantastic enough that i'm tempted to not cancel my book depository preorder and let them ship that one to me for me to keep sealed. Not sure though..

[quote name='KrizB']Really good guide, 383 pages long.

I just started thumbing through my guide and it's pretty detailed with the weapons, enemies, and armour.
Can't comment on the important things like bosses and extra's, don't want to spoil things for myself so I avoided them.

Took a few quick and dirty pics.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Looks good, but I guess I will wait for the reprint... and maybe finish Demon's Souls.

Another excellent FP book. A bargain at $25 msrp :).

I skimmed through but i'm not reading the content yet. They also have videos which you will have access to after you register your book.

[quote name='h4mx0r']Do they come shrinkwrapped at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that mine was indeed shrinkwrapped from Gamestop in-store. I'm very pleased with the guide!

I had actually ordered online at gamestop.com since I had a gift card to burn, but it didn't look like it was shipping out today, so my wife went and picked up a copy from the one Gamestop that actually had them in stock today.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']I can confirm that mine was indeed shrinkwrapped from Gamestop in-store. I'm very pleased with the guide!

I had actually ordered online at gamestop.com since I had a gift card to burn, but it didn't look like it was shipping out today, so my wife went and picked up a copy from the one Gamestop that actually had them in stock today.[/QUOTE]

Yes, double check this. They SHOULD be shrink wrapped. However i noticed at one store it was not shrinkwrapped for some reason. Probably the employees opened it to read it. It was at the sleezy store i mentioned earlier. Make sure any copy you buy from GS is sealed

is their only one version of this guide? I keep seeing people refer to the CE Dark Souls guide but I'm only finding one version on both Amazon and gamestop

[quote name='GBAstar']is their only one version of this guide? I keep seeing people refer to the CE Dark Souls guide but I'm only finding one version on both Amazon and gamestop[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well.

^^^ I'm 99.9999% sure that Future Press said there is only one version of the Dark Souls guide: it is a hardcover and (therefore?) considered a CE guide.

as far as i know there is only one version of the guide. Ive only seen one ISBN out there. People just call it the CE because its a high quality hardcover guide

I just got this from Amazon:

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on September 16 2011 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxxxxx).

Future Press "Dark Souls The Official Guide"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3869930527

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on November 04 2011, if we haven't located it by then.
More nonsense with this freaking game. I got screwed out of the CE and now the guide...
This game has to be THE most fracked up release in gaming history.

According to the Future Press Facebook page:
"Guys, the out of print situation at Amazon is a system error at their end. Enough stock is on its way to them to fulfill ALL pre-orders plus more."
So hopefully it'll be on its way soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
BD canceled my order.

Explained my little situation at Gamestop yesterday and asked if I could still return the book if it's unwrapped, just in case BD ships before I can cancel.

That look, like I was an undercover cop trying to sell drugs to someone that I busted before.
:rofl:

[quote name='KrizB']BD canceled my order
[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you mean they cancelled it or you asked for it to be cancelled, but I cancelled mine a few hours ago with no problem and got refunded.

[quote name='KrizB']BD canceled my order.
... just in case BD ships before I can cancel.
[/QUOTE]

So did BD cancel your order or not?

Also canceled my Amazon order after securing a copy at GS for ~$20 after PUR/PO. I feel like a broken record but Amazon has some explaining to do for Prime members after all these mishaps.

On a lighter note, the guide is fantastic. It does come shrink-wrapped, so do not accept anything less. My store had two racks of them so if you act soon you should be able to get one no sweat.

I got the same email. Pisses me off because I was one of the first to order I think. If you look on the very first page of this thread, I was the 4th post down notifying people that this was even on amazon lol from August 20. Luckily Gamestops in my area have them in stock so I just placed a store pickup for one.

I am glad I missed the amazon mess up with shipping the game out because I actually canceled my CE order last Saturday because I did not think the bonus items were worth it and Kmart was giving a $25 credit with the game. Just walked in to my local kmart yesterday and picked it up. No hassle.

Oh and wtf with gamestops listing?

Great News! Your item is ready for PickUp@Store at the River Town Mall GameStop!
pe_new.jpg
Dark Souls Official Strategy Guide
Dreamcast

the problem i have with this is what's the point of preordering? when ppl preorder something they should expect to the receive it on that date not a few days later or months later. i could just wing it and go to gamestop and get me a copy so again preorder for what?

[quote name='solid1127']the problem i have with this is what's the point of preordering? when ppl preorder something they should expect to the receive it on that date not a few days later or months later. i could just wing it and go to gamestop and get me a copy so again preorder for what?[/QUOTE]
Another appropriate time to view the Seinfeld clip from the CE thread

Ugh I REALLY don't want to go to Gamestop to buy the guide (I have been successfully boycotting them for 2 years now), but I also don't want to have to wait another 3+ days for Amazon to get their thumb out of their ass and send me the guide... Does Best Buy have this guide for 24.99? Or anywhere else for that matter? Anywhere but Gamestop...

[quote name='salty tbone']So did BD cancel your order or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

BD canceled my order this morning.
Last night when I went to Gamestop it was still pending.

On page 12 I had more about it.

Grabbed a guide from Gamestop this morning and I have to say this is a really nice guide. Hardcover with nice artwork, the pages have a guide feel to them. Seems to be full of good info from what I've flipped through so far. Futurepress makes good guides.

[quote name='KrizB']Yes.

BD canceled my order this morning.
Last night when I went to Gamestop it was still pending.

On page 12 I had more about it.[/QUOTE]
Phrasing issue, BD didn't cancel his order out of blue, he emailed and requested that the order be canceled since he picked it up somewhere else.

Called Amazon and complained about the delay. They issued me $10 credits for any future purchase. You can cancel your Amazon order anytime and keep $10 credits.

Update from Futurepress FB:

Future Press
A message to all customers who didn't pre-order the guide: If the demand is high enough and all units are being sold, we will certainly reprint. Do not buy overpriced units from resellers - we'll get you covered.

Gave up on both Amazon and Book Depository preorders after reading the posts here. Called my nearest Gamestop, and the shockingly helpful salesman went into the back and opened the boxes that just arrived to find out if they had any.

They only got two in, but apparently they weren't reserved, as I had no problem picking one up 30 minutes later. Good job, Gamestop! Amazon/BD... not so much.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Update from Futurepress FB:

Future Press
A message to all customers who didn't pre-order the guide: If the demand is high enough and all units are being sold, we will certainly reprint. Do not buy overpriced units from resellers - we'll get you covered.
[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this?

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']FB=Facebook

Future Press has a Facebook page which is very informative.[/QUOTE]

I know what Facebook is, but where the fuck is that comment?

[quote name='Ribkage']I see nothing on future press facebook page of them commenting on the amazon situation.[/QUOTE]

Gesh - READ - it's in the comments area of a post - it's exactly as I quoted - I cut and paste. Didja think I made it up?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Where do you see this?[/QUOTE]

Scrolls down and hit "older posts". I still dont see where they mention anything about amazons database. Maybe I didnt go back far enough?

They never reprinted bayonetta despite fans wanting it.

If they do reprint i wonder how long until we actually see it? It will probably be a low amount for a reprint. They also have to convince retailers to buy a second shipment.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I know what Facebook is, but where the fuck is that comment?[/QUOTE]

All I can tell you guys is shift through the comments - it's there when Future responds to a comment. And what's the point - do you think we're making this up? It's there - sorry I can't hold your hand and point you to it.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']Gesh - READ - it's in the comments area of a post - it's exactly as I quoted - I cut and paste. Didja think I made it up?[/QUOTE]

Saw it, sorry.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Where do you see this?[/QUOTE]

Scrolls down and hit "older posts". I still dont see where they mention anything about amazons database. Maybe I didnt go back far enough?

EDIT
Found it, its under the same post that mentions the reprint.

The back cover of the guide lists prices for USA, Canada and Europe (pounds and Euros). Given that, the UK version may literally be the same book, for those worried about their Book Depository order looking slightly different.

Got the email from Amazon this morning, so I started calling GameStops.

Mine still didn't get any guides. The other ones nearby didn't get any either except the initial ones for pre-orders. Called even more stores and finally found one an hour drive away. They just got a box with 20 of them in. I was so happy that the guy put one on hold. By the time I got there I saw only 1 left on the counter and the person infront of me bought it! I was pissed, but then the guy pulled one from under the register since I put it on hold and I got the very last copy! I'm so happy!

bread's done
Back