Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Update:
iconamazon.gif
Dark Souls Hardcover Guide $13.74

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon this whilst browsing. Happy preordering!

http://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-...9783869930480?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

This is the direct link for the 5% discount. (thanks Jodou & Bumslie)
http://www.bookdepository.com/bts?ut...er-Academic-11
Looks like you need to go through the link & then apply promo code BTS2011 at check out on the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAG90210']Was there a second printing? Or just that amazon found more stocks?[/QUOTE]

No, amazon finally got their first shipment

[quote name='Jodou']Really glad I didn't wait for Amazon to get theirs. Guide has been invaluable so far.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, didn't you complain about it a few pages back? Has something changed now that you're further into the game?

[quote name='bob330i']Just curious, didn't you complain about it a few pages back? Has something changed now that you're further into the game?[/QUOTE]

Maybe its a love/hate relationship like me and dark souls? :) Just ordered from amazon and can't wait.

Wow, that's pretty cheap. Just ordered one. I got one from gamestop for the retail price, and still unopened, I guess I'll go return that one.

[quote name='Gixxer']The guide is only $13.74 on Amazon right now![/QUOTE]

Ugh, I just emailed them about getting a price adjustment. This is stupid. If they won't, I'll just refuse delivery and reorder for 13.74. Seriously though.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Ugh, I just emailed them about getting a price adjustment. This is stupid. If they won't, I'll just refuse delivery and reorder for 13.74. Seriously though.[/QUOTE]

They wont.

[quote name='elessar123']They wont.[/QUOTE]

They actually just emailed me back, within 15 minutes of me sending a request for a price adjustment, and said they would "make an exception this time" and refund me the difference. If you preordered at 25 you should email and ask for an adjustment. I got it.

[quote name='Gixxer']The guide is only $13.74 on Amazon right now![/QUOTE]

Just ordered one and emailed The Book Depository to cancel my "awaiting publication" order. Thanks!

They just adjusted mine. Same message - i asked them to credit it, or i would return it. Their customer service always rocks.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Dark Souls The Official Guide" . I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $11.25. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

[quote name='Gixxer']I'll pick up Dark Souls early next year, so will these be available a few months from now or not? (even at $24.99)[/QUOTE]

Hold on while I hop into my crystal ball powered Delorean. Not trying to be an ass, but seriously what is up with that question?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hold on while I hop into my crystal ball powered Delorean. Not trying to be an ass, but seriously what is up with that question?[/QUOTE]

I meant are future press guides suppose to be limited print or will they be readily available?

Nice, now I'm glad Book Depository has been slow otherwise I probably would have purchased it at $25. Canceled my BD order and ordered from Amazon.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Hold on while I hop into my crystal ball powered Delorean. Not trying to be an ass, but seriously what is up with that question?[/QUOTE]

I think he is asking for speculation based on past data. To which I would say: if you will eventually get the game, better get the guide now, especially at this price. I suspect it will not be available in a few months. Game guide availability is generally quite uneven, unlike the games themselves.

I am in a similar position: I plan to get the game when it is < $40, but I got the guide now. I am still working my way through Demon's Souls.

On one hand, older Future Press guides (Bayonetta, Killzone 2 CE) are extremely hard to find and Future Press has said multiple times that reprints of those particular are highly unlikely due to cost and demand.

On the other hand, the Dark Souls guide was just recently released, and Future Press did say on their Facebook page that buyers should not pay $100+ to resellers because they (Future Press) would definitely print more to meet demand, if necessary. And the back cover of the Dark Souls guide has a rather noticeable error (a small paragraph that was from the Deus Ex: Human Revolution guide).

I would like to think that they'd reprint the guide, but I really can't say for sure.

Dang, I just bought and opened the guide from GameStop. If I order one from amazon do you think I would be able to return it to GS with the recipt from the one I got today? Meaning would GS be able to tell that this didn't come from them?

[quote name='dabsac80']Dang, I just bought and opened the guide from GameStop. If I order one from amazon do you think I would be able to return it to GS with the recipt from the one I got today? Meaning would GS be able to tell that this didn't come from them?[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience with the FF13 CE guide yes you will be able to do that.

[quote name='dabsac80']Dang, I just bought and opened the guide from GameStop. If I order one from amazon do you think I would be able to return it to GS with the recipt from the one I got today? Meaning would GS be able to tell that this didn't come from them?[/QUOTE]

Just take it back opened to GameStop with the following line "Hello I purchase this the other day and it was already open, I wanted to return it and preorder 5 games with the refund" They will hook you up no problems at all : )

Ugh, my order just shipped at noon today. Sent CS an email considering it won't been in my hands till Tuesday even with Prime shipping.

It would suck if they deny the price match and the price of the book increases in the meantime so that I can't even return/rebuy.

Update: Got a refund of $11.26. The email response didn't mention "exception" so hopefully it doesn't count against my Amazon record :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Based on my experience with the FF13 CE guide yes you will be able to do that.[/QUOTE]

Ordered one. I guess if gamestop wont take it I'll just sit on it and hope it goes up in value.

[quote name='Poor2More']Just take it back opened to GameStop with the following line "Hello I purchase this the other day and it was already open, I wanted to return it and preorder 5 games with the refund" They will hook you up no problems at all : )[/QUOTE]

lol thats a good idea. I might actually try that

Outsourced CS is amazing. "The system should have issued you a refund for the difference in price already, but since it just shipped please call us back within 24 hours if you haven't received the refund." If the price changes overnight... fuck.

Might as well ask my question here since it's more active here

I bought the guide from Gamestop like 2 days ago & it was fine, new & sealed. Today I noticed that when I close the book the pages are are "wavy" & now the middle 20 or so pages stick out slightly from the rest of the book. I might've left the book open on a table for several hours but for those to happen? Come on.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Might as well ask my question here since it's more active here

I bought the guide from Gamestop like 2 days ago & it was fine, new & sealed. Today I noticed that when I close the book the pages are are "wavy" & now the middle 20 or so pages stick out slightly from the rest of the book. I might've left the book open on a table for several hours but for those to happen? Come on.[/QUOTE]

That is normal sadly. The humidity in the air is absorbed by the pages and causes them to change shape. Think if it like when you get a normal piece of paper wet and then it dries, but on a much smaller scale.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is normal sadly. The humidity in the air is absorbed by the pages and causes them to change shape. Think if it like when you get a normal piece of paper wet and then it dries, but on a much smaller scale.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I was hoping I got a bad copy. I didn't use it that much so far, it's just like the Demons' guide Atlus printed at release; the ink on the spine came off despite treating it like a baby, my bare hands never touched it once.

Good Price on Amazon but I just bought 2 copies yesterday. Gamestop's receipt mentions that unopened merchandise can be returned within 30 days. Does this policy apply to guides?

demons' souls guide was messed up first print and they offered to give a free guide to anyone who ripped off the front cover and mailed it to them. i gasped and kept my edition cuz i was afraid it was a scam, lol. not really but oh wellz. i should have done it, but i just couldnt fathom ripping the guide off my c.e. guide.

the price is now 13.74 amazon! hahahaha omg! The people that bought from GS must be pissed now! Mine did not ship yet so they are refunding me the difference. :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Outsourced CS is amazing. "The system should have issued you a refund for the difference in price already, but since it just shipped please call us back within 24 hours if you haven't received the refund." If the price changes overnight... fuck.[/QUOTE]
I got an non foreign rep when they refunded me the amount. If it has request cancel they can not change it she told me she tried a few times. She said she could work on it later or refund me the amount. I took the best option to get my money and took the 11.25 refund option. I do lose the tax on the 11.25 but hey i saved 11.25! Sucks ny tax is so high could of saved another buck about.

[quote name='bob330i']Just curious, didn't you complain about it a few pages back? Has something changed now that you're further into the game?[/QUOTE]
It's a great guide, it just isn't perfect.

EDIT: ^ Temporarily Out of Stock, but the price is back to $13.74 (it went back up to $24.99) for an hour or so.

[quote name='Velo214']demons' souls guide was messed up first print and they offered to give a free guide to anyone who ripped off the front cover and mailed it to them. i gasped and kept my edition cuz i was afraid it was a scam, lol. not really but oh wellz. i should have done it, but i just couldnt fathom ripping the guide off my c.e. guide.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the original demon's souls guide and the reprint have different ISBNs? (or, if you could let me know the ISBN you have, i'll have a reference point to find out for myself) Thanks!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']EDIT: ^ Temporarily Out of Stock, but the price is back to $13.74 (it went back up to $24.99) for an hour or so.

Do you know if the original demon's souls guide and the reprint have different ISBNs? (or, if you could let me know the ISBN you have, i'll have a reference point to find out for myself) Thanks![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they don't have any ISBNs. They were only packaged inside the Deluxe Editions.

[quote name='redwolf']Just got done chatting with Vidyasagar in CS, no dice on a price change. I'll try an email.[/QUOTE]

Same here with keerthana, email it is.

[quote name='Velo214']demons' souls guide was messed up first print and they offered to give a free guide to anyone who ripped off the front cover and mailed it to them. i gasped and kept my edition cuz i was afraid it was a scam, lol. not really but oh wellz. i should have done it, but i just couldnt fathom ripping the guide off my c.e. guide.[/QUOTE]

Shame you didn't. I did, got my replacement guide and promptly sold the original guide, minus the cover and first page mind you, for a whopping $50 on eBay which made my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition only cost me a mere $10 in the end. :D

bread's done
Back