Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Update:
iconamazon.gif
Dark Souls Hardcover Guide $13.74

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I stumbled upon this whilst browsing. Happy preordering!

http://www.bookdepository.com/Dark-...9783869930480?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

This is the direct link for the 5% discount. (thanks Jodou & Bumslie)
http://www.bookdepository.com/bts?ut...er-Academic-11
Looks like you need to go through the link & then apply promo code BTS2011 at check out on the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent Amazon customer service an e-mail asking for an adjustment since I haven't even received the guide yet (shipped on Friday), and received a response within an hour or so that I would be issued a $12.24 refund within 2-3 days (11.25 plus .99 NY sales tax). I was prepared to argue this one, so I'm glad it was resolved painlessly.

[quote name='shrike4242']My order from last night, when it was (and still is) listed as temporarily out of stock, is now in the Shipping Soon stage.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, got an update saying it would be here on the 13th, then I looked and they estimate the 12th. Works for me!

My guide shipped from Amazon before the price drop. So I chatted with a CSR who couldn't do anything for me except to refuse the delivery and order another one for the lower price. I didn't want to go through that hassle. So I chose the call option and the CSR gave me "a one time exception" and refunded my cc $11.xx. So for those who strike out with the chat option, I recommend the phone option.

[quote name='Nogib']Shame you didn't. I did, got my replacement guide and promptly sold the original guide, minus the cover and first page mind you, for a whopping $50 on eBay which made my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition only cost me a mere $10 in the end. :D[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that replacement program happened until it was over. I probably would have done it even though my guide is in pretty good shape. Oh well, some day these true original guides are going to be teh rarez. :roll:

As with many others, I ordered from Amazon and emailed to cancel my BD guide yesterday. Hope they do cancel, I haven't heard back though.

I was sending one email for a refund when the chat cs denied me it. Browser froze right when I hit send so I sent another just in case. Their response to the first email was a refund of 11.25 and the second email was 12 credit. Hurray for chrome XD

I sent an e-mail for a refund myself...though it doesn't matter much since it's a gift, and thus I'm not paying for it. But still, saving my generous mother a few dollars never hurts, eh?

Don't have the game yet. Waiting for it to drop in price. /crosses fingers for Black Friday. Hoping Skyrim will keep me busy til then.
Grabbed one of these earlier either way. Seems like a nice collector's item, even if it doesn't get used.

FuturePress just mentioned on their Facebook page that a reprint of this guide is going to "happen soon".

I wonder if they will be making any changes/corrections in this reprint.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']FuturePress just mentioned on their Facebook page that a reprint of this guide is going to "happen soon".

I wonder if they will be making any changes/corrections in this reprint.[/QUOTE]
If they do, they're going to issue one to me for free. I love this guide but I'm finding myself asking way too many questions not covered in it.

[quote name='shrike4242']My order from last night, when it was (and still is) listed as temporarily out of stock, is now in the Shipping Soon stage.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm do you have prime I don't and its still sitting on "not yet shipped," ordered a few days ago

[quote name='Jodou']If they do, they're going to issue one to me for free. I love this guide but I'm finding myself asking way too many questions not covered in it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I find the Demon Souls guide was better suited.

You do have to admit the manual is a little lacking as well.

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah I find the Demon Souls guide was better suited.

You do have to admit the manual is a little lacking as well.[/QUOTE]

The manual was awful.

[quote name='acsguitar']The manual was awful.[/QUOTE]
Manual would have been improved quite a bit with a different background, that layer of dark black / grey makes reading about 40% of the manual really difficult.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']FuturePress just mentioned on their Facebook page that a reprint of this guide is going to "happen soon".

I wonder if they will be making any changes/corrections in this reprint.[/QUOTE]If they do, I hope they make some errata sheets available for download or mailing for anyone that has the guide already.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Might as well ask my question here since it's more active here

I bought the guide from Gamestop like 2 days ago & it was fine, new & sealed. Today I noticed that when I close the book the pages are are "wavy" & now the middle 20 or so pages stick out slightly from the rest of the book. I might've left the book open on a table for several hours but for those to happen? Come on.[/QUOTE]

I have this same problem. Went into a Gamestop to see about picking up a replacement and the other copies they had there, sealed, also had this problem. It's just not as pronounced as my copy having been opened. I think it's the paper they used. I have a copy of the Halo: Reach guide and it doesn't have these issues.

Got mine today. Did not know it was the guide until I opened up the box because they sent it a huge one with a bunch of paper stuffed inside. Did anyone else get it sent this way? Seemed liked an awfully inefficient way to ship this thing. Guide looks cool though...now I need to get the game :)

My Deus Ex hardcover guide from them has that wavy pages thing too. Not too bad, but it sucks given it's a collector's item.

As for the packaging, yeah. One of my Amazon copies came in a giant flat box, the other copy in cardboard wrap-padding. The giant box copy didn't have its corners squished in like the other one so I prefer it regardless of inefficiency (for Amazon).

Got my book today. The pages weren't wilted, but the edges of the spine had to creases. No biggie and the book is awesome. At first skimming(didn't want to spoil it cause I haven't gotten the game yet), it doesn't look like it goes into elemental forging, but still looks pretty awesome in regards to illustrations and details.

Got mine, but I got Amazon's shoddy flat box with very little protection. The guide came with dents and ripped shrink wraps. Really disappointing. :(

both links are dead. that sucks. waited so long, cuz I unexpectedly got the game yesterday. do you guys think they will restock at this price, or most likely $25? I'm not asking for a crystal ball, here.I haven't bought a guide since circuit city went out of business & i got some for cheap. have never bought one to use, so I am asking others that are more knowledgeable than myself on this issue (to clarify before the smart mouths take shots). thank you!

[quote name='twztid13']both links are dead. that sucks. waited so long, cuz I unexpectedly got the game yesterday. do you guys think they will restock at this price, or most likely $25? I'm not asking for a crystal ball, here.I haven't bought a guide since circuit city went out of business & i got some for cheap. have never bought one to use, so I am asking others that are more knowledgeable than myself on this issue (to clarify before the smart mouths take shots). thank you![/QUOTE]

Usually the game guides are at their lowest when they are first released, then they creep up a few dollars. If they get the reprint promised by Future Press, I suspect you will see it for something like $18 (25% off). The only wrinkle here is that the guide has been hard to keep in stock, so they may (again, probably not) take it as a sign to not discount it.

In your position, I would just wait for Amazon to get it back, since there are clear signals a second printing is in the works. Set a Camel to notify you when it is back.

[quote name='Nogib']Shame you didn't. I did, got my replacement guide and promptly sold the original guide, minus the cover and first page mind you, for a whopping $50 on eBay which made my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition only cost me a mere $10 in the end. :D[/QUOTE]

As did I!

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 12 2011 (Order# blahblahblah):

Future Press "Dark Souls The Official Guide"
Estimated arrival date: November 02 2011 - November 16 2011

[quote name='salty tbone']I received my guide from Book Depository today. It's identical to the U.S. version (spine, UPC, wavy paper, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Interesting... I would have assumed that they printed a slightly different book for the UK market.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yep, got my Amazon email for a November 04 2011 - November 28 2011 delivery date.[/QUOTE]

Got email too. Same delivery date.

I ordered Oct 10 and my Amazon email today said estimated arrival of November 2-November 16. I'm hoping for the front of that window.

[quote name='bbj77']I ordered Oct 10 and my Amazon email today said estimated arrival of November 2-November 16. I'm hoping for the front of that window.[/QUOTE]
Sucks. Mine was also Oct 10 but delivery date is the wider window.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 12 2011 (Order# blahblahblah):

Estimated arrival date: November 02 2011 - November 16 2011[/QUOTE]

Me too, I hope it arrives sooner than in November.

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']Got mine today, ordered from Amazon on 10/14[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on the 10th but I used Super Saver so I should get mine around xmas

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']Got mine today, ordered from Amazon on 10/14[/QUOTE]

I got the email too....I hope I get mine soon. I ordered 10/11

received an email from the book depository and was told they having stock issue and i should get it sometime in november. wtf i ordered it as soon as it went live. this sucks!

I wonder if they will be making any changes/corrections in this reprint.[/QUOTE]

I got my guide today, and I'm already a little worried about its usefulness without even having opened it yet, due to the funny yet glaring error on the back cover:

"Ensure that you don't miss a single Side Quest and experience the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution story."

How silly. :D

Hey guys,

Just got my guide and was wondering what you guys did what that back sheet (the one with the msrp and isbn)? Doesn't seem to fit inside the book. I originally thought it was part of the back cover but guess not.

Got my book today - I was surprised at how big and heavy the box was that it came in. Book is pretty huge. Haven't gone through it yet, so I can't speak to its usefulness, but it's a looker.

Just got this email:

Previous estimated arrival date: November 02 2011 - November 16 2011
New estimated arrival date: October 24 2011

mine arrived yesterday from amazon prime. No problems with the book, came in great shape and the shrink wrap was still fully intact!

[quote name='lunasicc']Hey guys,

Just got my guide and was wondering what you guys did what that back sheet (the one with the msrp and isbn)? Doesn't seem to fit inside the book. I originally thought it was part of the back cover but guess not.[/QUOTE]

I stuffed mine in the back cover of the guide. Fit just fine for me.

bread's done
Back