Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I got this email, too.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*

I have ordered the Collector's Edition Guide, so obviously the mini-strategy guide pales in comparison. So I guess I'm not really missing much. I'll just get the standard edition game with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free ToysRUs sale (price-matched at Best Buy). Maybe this is okay for me after all....

Newegg is not letting me use the code, when trying to order the regular edition it says it's valid, but my order does not meet the criteria. It's the same account I made the pre order with. Shit.

At this point I don't even care about the limited edition, I just want the damn game. I'm flying from San fransisco to ny tomorrow and will be tied up during basically all business hours in both cities. Wonder if any gamestop's around here are doing midnight launches.

Mine definitely should be the CE (ASIN matches CE, from Amazon, everything matches). However, I couldn't for the life of me get it to do release date delivery. It says shipping soon with 1 day shipping . . . but will arrive on the 6th? I'm not sure what to think about that one.

[quote name='mang9432']Newegg is not letting me use the code, when trying to order the regular edition it says it's valid, but my order does not meet the criteria. It's the same account I made the pre order with. Shit.

At this point I don't even care about the limited edition, I just want the damn game. I'm flying from San fransisco to ny tomorrow and will be tied up during basically all business hours in both cities. Wonder if any gamestop's around here are doing midnight launches.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop should be doing midnight launches for Rage. Typically (you may wish to call to confirm), they will sell other midnight releases at the same time. Worth a shot.

[quote name='bojay1997']Mine too. It shows a weight of 1.3 lbs, so there is no way it's not a CE since I held the regular version of the game this weekend at the Navy Exchange (they always break street date for some reason) and it's super light.[/QUOTE]
Same here. 1.3 lb via UPS.

For Amazon orders, the ASIN # for the CE is B00542ZQJO. Check your order (hint: look up the product link in your order detail page). If it links to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00542ZQJO, your got the CE.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Were there any preorders for it?[/QUOTE]

I had it on pre-order, cancelled it today when I found out it would be regular edition. We just weren't shipped any.

[quote name='dwmacfar2']I had it on pre-order, cancelled it today when I found out it would be regular edition. We just weren't shipped any.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That sucks :/

[quote name='Green Card200']Amazon has mine at not yet shipped with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Amazon hasn't let me down yet and it better not start with dark souls.[/QUOTE]

For you and others who are worried, next-day shipments go out pretty darn late for some reason from Amazon. I often get shipment notification about next-day deliveries very late in the evening.

doubt it. i've gotten a shipped confirmation sometime between 5-8pm the day before and it was delivered the next day UPS

We're contacting you today regarding your recent pre-order for Dark Souls Limited Edition. Unfortunately, due to an inadvertent order error, the only version Newegg will receive is the regular edition. In an attempt to prevent any confusion upon delivery, and because we understand you may have placed your order with the intention of receiving the Limited Edition, your pre-order will be voided.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience as a result of this situation. As a valued Newegg customer, you are receiving a token of our appreciation for your understanding and continued support, in the form of a $20 promotion code that you may use toward the purchase of the regular edition of Dark Souls or any other game you might be interested in. This promotion code is designed to work only with the Newegg account associated with this email address, it can only be redeemed once, and it will expire on 12/31/2012 at 11:59pm PT.

so i guess that's nice ?

i see this was already posted. ok, so i had it for $50 on newegg, so this really only saves me $10. and im screwed anyway if i want the C.E. edition now, right? fantastic///

Anyone else having trouble reorder, I keep getting this error

"Although you've entered a valid promo code ***, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures those Newegg-heads would wait until the game is almost released to realize that Namco Bandai suckered them or whatever reason they aren't getting the CE.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']My Dark Souls shipped from Amazon, but it has the 5th as my delivery date.[/QUOTE]

seeing the same thing on mine..

well if it's delivered late, they should give some credit's worth

NOT A DEAL! Wrong section, you been here 3 years!

sorry I always wanted to be the ahole to say that and finally got my chance, but honestly OP, this is probably the right place because it is most visible to others who got screwed by NewEgg.

PS. I was just busting your balls and messing around, I had to get my "Gargus" on.

I pre-ordered from newegg and I was happy to get the cancellation e-mail. I couldn't care less about the limited edition, as I simply want to play the game, and I'm more than happy to accept the promotional code. Unfortunately, the $20 off code isn't working.

Just got my newegg email.
Like I said earlier I had cancelled earlier in the day, since I figured something was up with the LE for it. Luckily they had extras at my gamestop so im just getting it there.

But like people are saying the codes don't work yet, i'll give them a day and see what up.

I was at my GS store awhile ago during my lunch break. This store is always fun to chill at. The manager was there and he actually opened the box with the collector's edition and let my "feel" it. Haha, then he took it away and kept mocking me with it. Can't wait til midnight to get it!

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']My Dark Souls shipped from Amazon, but it has the 5th as my delivery date.[/QUOTE]

Damn, on my order it hasn't shipped yet and shows a delivery estimate of Oct. 7th. WTF!? I have Prime and all that too. I did add this to an old order so it is just standard free 2-day shipping. Are the rest of you getting release day shipping or something? I have yet to ever have any game delivered that way by Amazon even when promised. It's no big deal to me as I probably wouldn't have time to play it much till later in the week anyway. As long as I get the CE I'll be happy - it shows that on the order page. I'll just keep playing Ico/Shadow till then - or maybe Rage...

[quote name='BNoyes']I pre-ordered from newegg and I was happy to get the cancellation e-mail. I couldn't care less about the limited edition, as I simply want to play the game, and I'm more than happy to accept the promotional code. Unfortunately, the $20 off code isn't working.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I'm kinda feeling the same considering the credit. Good thing my PS3 is getting fixed by Sony or else I'd REALLY be bummed.

[quote name='io']Damn, on my order it hasn't shipped yet and shows a delivery estimate of Oct. 7th. WTF!? I have Prime and all that too. I did add this to an old order so it is just standard free 2-day shipping. Are the rest of you getting release day shipping or something? I have yet to ever have any game delivered that way by Amazon even when promised. It's no big deal to me as I probably wouldn't have time to play it much till later in the week anyway. As long as I get the CE I'll be happy - it shows that on the order page. I'll just keep playing Ico/Shadow till then - or maybe Rage...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have release day shipping. I should be getting it tomorrow, but maybe I should go ahead and finish Disgaea 4 before getting DS.

I know it's being said that having a certain ASIN or having ordered before a certain date guarantees the CE, but I'm still kind of wondering about my chances as I went with FSSS unlike a lot of people here from the looks of things. Even though I ordered all the way back in May, I'm guessing that shipping speed has a greater impact on your place in the fulfillment queue and that it's first come, first serve from release date delivery on down. Guess it's my own fault for cheaping out if I don't get it, but I'm not very concerned at this point :lol:

It's kinda sad that a game's releasing to more talk about whether or not people will get the CE than the game itself. Well, I guess that's Namco's fault for misleading the consumer.

Why do I keep coming to this thread lol I could be doing something much more productive like Gears of War 3 lol...I know because the chaos that will erupt shortly lol. Amazon did mess up on my Release Day Delivery for Fable II, I called Amazon the day of release (after UPS already came for the day, delivered something else I ordered from another website) and told them I did not receive my game and my tracking still shows shipping information received and never updated. She told me wait 3-5 days to see if you receive it....Im like no I paid RDD, and tracking doesent work. She said I will tell you what, I will cancel your order for Fable II CE, issue you a refund, I will then take $30 off your order and send you another FABLE II CE w/ Overnight shipping. I said thank you very much, very satisfied with that.

The next day or so the Fable II CE she sent arrived, but then a few days after that my original order arrived.....I checked my bank account, I was never charged for either, and got a $30 refund from Amazon.

Basically I got FREE 2x Fable II CE, and $30 cash......but I still felt rip off, Fable is just a terrible overhype series.

Fable series is the reason why I trust no man name Peter, I automatically write them off as a shit talker.

So NewEgg fucked me out of my LE preorder, now I am going to have to search all over town tomorrow hoping to find one. I knew I shouldn't have cancelled my Amazon preorder (witht he Goldbox discount!). Last time I preorder anything from NewEgg.

[quote name='Green Card200']Amazon has mine at not yet shipped with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Amazon hasn't let me down yet and it better not start with dark souls.[/QUOTE]

I have the PS3 CE ordered from Amazon. It still hasn't shipped yet. But with most of my release date delivery orders, it usually never ships until the AM hours the night before, so I wouldn't worry too much.

it sucks, but considering how much they repeatedly gimped out of the CE, i think i'll take the $20 and be pretty happy with it. after all, come a month and a half you'll probably find it on sale for $40 without using the code. there doesn't seem to be a restriction on it for anything Black Friday related so uh... pretty nice i gotta say.

Same for me, this is what the email says:

Dear Valued Customer,

We're contacting you today regarding your recent pre-order for Dark Souls Limited Edition. Unfortunately, due to an inadvertent order error, the only version Newegg will receive is the regular edition. In an attempt to prevent any confusion upon delivery, and because we understand you may have placed your order with the intention of receiving the Limited Edition, your pre-order will be voided.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience as a result of this situation. As a valued Newegg customer, you are receiving a token of our appreciation for your understanding and continued support, in the form of a $20 promotion code that you may use toward the purchase of the regular edition of Dark Souls or any other game you might be interested in. This promotion code is designed to work only with the Newegg account associated with this email address, it can only be redeemed once, and it will expire on 12/31/2012 at 11:59pm PT.

Waiting for the next set of preorder discount codes (hoping Saint's Row 3 pops up again), then gonna try hitting them with the STACKING COMBO!

I'm just gonna go to Gamestop at midnight and pick up a copy... CE or not, I just want to play the game! A tin slipcover would just be one more obstacle between me and the precious souls!

[quote name='DarkZero104']it sucks, but considering how much they repeatedly gimped out of the CE, i think i'll take the $20 and be pretty happy with it. after all, come a month and a half you'll probably find it on sale for $40 without using the code. there doesn't seem to be a restriction on it for anything Black Friday related so uh... pretty nice i gotta say.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm looking forward to Rage way more than Dark Souls (I have Rage 360 coming from Newegg on the $43 deal, and will probably get the PS3 version from Kmart with the $20 coupon as well), but I'm more into that type of game, so its understandable. I did order two copies (one for each platform) of Dark Souls CE from Best Buy, but I don't expect BB to have them in stock anyway, so unless they can guarantee them later, I'll just cancel and wait for sub-$30 price on the regular game. No way I will accept a non-CE version of either platform when my receipts for both say CEs. It isn't a big deal either way, but I will hold BBs feet to the fire and get a free gift cert or something out of it, if necessary.

bread's done
Back