Dark Spire (DS) $4.99 New at GS

Well, that was easy. Five bucks for a pristine copy - game and soundtrack both sealed, and the cardboard box was in good shape (although a little dusty). :)

They also had copies of Rock Revolution (at least for the 360) for $5 new, but...no.

[quote name='sabanoo']I think there was some GS sale over the summer where lots of people ordered new online and a few got copies that had been opened (as if they came from a store). Not sure what their policy is as I've never ordered from GS online before.[/QUOTE]

$20 Street Fighter IV, wasn't it?

I have no idea what happened there because that entire sale was one of the oddest things I've seen on CAG, between the opened "new" games and the fact that it only lasted for a day. GameStop usually doesn't ship opened "new" games from their website, from my experience; I suspect what happened there is that once demand got high, they began to ship out former display copies that stores had been unable to sell and sent back to the central warehouse.

That's irrelevant here, though, because you can't even order this one online right now.

[quote name='token2k6']awesome! yeah I think I can grab it several stores around me have it, why not...now the question will be to open or keep it sealed. I have never played a game like this...[/QUOTE]

Given how long this game has sat on the shelves - even at $10 - I don't think there's much benefit to keeping it sealed. I'd just play it.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Given how long this game has sat on the shelves - even at $10 - I don't think there's much benefit to keeping it sealed. I'd just play it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not to mention, this is probably not going to be one of those "rare" games that will start to increase in price even though its an Atlus title. And its much more beneficial to just play it since, well, its a pretty good game. You can probably keep the soundtrack sealed though.

Grabbed two w/ CD (i'm pretty sure after posts and purchase that all will have CD), still in box w/ sealed tape circle (more over-sized than the usual GS sticker, cannot imagine trying to get it off) They had 3 in the drawer, none on the shelf or gutted, clerk had no idea it existed or that it was $5. Tried turning him onto CAG and I got a blank stare...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
$20 Street Fighter IV, wasn't it?

I have no idea what happened there because that entire sale was one of the oddest things I've seen on CAG, between the opened "new" games and the fact that it only lasted for a day. GameStop usually doesn't ship opened "new" games from their website, from my experience; I suspect what happened there is that once demand got high, they began to ship out former display copies that stores had been unable to sell and sent back to the central warehouse.

That's irrelevant here, though, because you can't even order this one online right now.
[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct and now that you mention it I remember it happening with SF IV. And yeah it doesn't really apply here since it's only available in store...

I was pretty happy to get this for $10 but I'd have to say I'm excited now that it's $5.

[quote name='token2k6']Tried turning him onto CAG and I got a blank stare...[/QUOTE]

Dude .. dont turn em .. let them get seduced and hooked by the CAG phenomenon on their own .. hehe

[quote name='UjnHunter']I grabbed this when it was $9.99 and it came with soundtrack cd and cardboard box...[/QUOTE]
Yes, same here...although it did take me 2-3 Gamestops before I found one that actually had a sealed game case inside the outer cardboard box. I haven't even had the chance to play the game yet.

Actually, preference question for you Atlus DS game buyers who open and play said games: how do you handle the large clear circular stickers on either end of the outer box? Do you slide a knife through them or do you remove them completely? I haven't decided what I will do, and also can't decide why this would matter...but hey.

[quote name='ghostmedicine']Actually, preference question for you Atlus DS game buyers who open and play said games: how do you handle the large clear circular stickers on either end of the outer box? Do you slide a knife through them or do you remove them completely? I haven't decided what I will do, and also can't decide why this would matter...but hey.[/QUOTE]

the only way to be sure is cut it with a knife first, slightly and slowly start to peel it back, and if paper 'elements' stick to it, stop immediately, push it back down, and act like you didn't try to do anything ;)

[quote name='token2k6']the only way to be sure is cut it with a knife first, slightly and slowly start to peel it back, and if paper 'elements' stick to it, stop immediately, push it back down, and act like you didn't try to do anything ;)[/QUOTE]

This was going to be my exact answer. I am a surgeon with an exacto knife, but the second I see white I press it back down and look around like I just got caught shoplifting.

Hmm...well, I got my Dark Spire sticker off cleanly without pulling up any paper from the box (this was when I got it about a month ago or whenever it was still $9.99)...the Gamestop price sticker was a little tougher, but not too bad. I have a Legacy of Ys via Amazon that arrived with the clear end stickers very loosely applied...i.e., not pressed down over the flap. I'm just trying to decide if leaving the sticker half remnants on the box is fine. Kinda ruins a bit of the aesthetic, I think.

Picked u 2 of these....

They trade in for 12.50 at Gamecrazy.

With bump-ups....I was able to turn it into 30.00 dollars for both games (TOTAL)

[quote name='token2k6']the only way to be sure is cut it with a knife first, slightly and slowly start to peel it back, and if paper 'elements' stick to it, stop immediately, push it back down, and act like you didn't try to do anything ;)[/QUOTE]

that's the only way sometimes... those stickers are bad news bears bad....

Damn, was going to pick up a couple copies as gifts and every single local copy is gutted. GS doesn't want my money.

I picked up a copy. Unfortunately, it was gutted, but I had them check other GameStops, and none had a sealed copy, so I bought it anyway. They didn't have the cardboard box out, so it was pristine, and it came with the soundtrack still sealed. It was worth $5, I think.

I got one. I had been looking to buy this game when it first came out but the price was too steep for me, I'm glad it dropped and I'll probably start it this weekend. That is, if I can stop playing Dissidia. :/

Thumbs up I guess, for $5 you cannot go wrong. I ebay'd my new copy a few months ago only thing I enjoyed with the game is the soundtrack that I burnt before selling.

did you guys have to ask a worker to get it for you (behind counter or in back) or are the games on display. I'm also guessing you were able to open the cardboard box to check its contents before buying (for cd and sealed game).

Thanks OP, I'm a bit late in my post. I picked up the last copy on Saturday at a local Gamestop. The outer box was gutted but the game box itself was sealed. I don't have a DS Lite but been deciding between DS Lite or DSi.

Question to anyone, what does the soundtrack come in? Mine was in a yellow Gamestop sleeve.

[quote name='Twizz']Question to anyone, what does the soundtrack come in? Mine was in a yellow Gamestop sleeve.[/QUOTE]
You should have received the soundtrack in a cardboard sleeve (it has a slight glossy finish) with the cover art of the game on the front and the tracklist, etc. on back (I don't have it in front of me, sorry). There's also a clear sticker on top of the sleeve so you could tell if it was opened previously or not. The soundtrack sleeve fits inside the outer cardboard box along with the DS game case.

Picked one up today, so I hope its enjoyable. Outer box is shot, but the case is in good shape, and the bonus CD was sealed (They kept it in the same drawer as the extra new DS games)

Glad I didn't grab that $10 copy a day or two ago. :D

Hope there are some copies near me. I could use some new portable games in the next 4 weeks.

[quote name='ghostmedicine']You should have received the soundtrack in a cardboard sleeve (it has a slight glossy finish) with the cover art of the game on the front and the tracklist, etc. on back (I don't have it in front of me, sorry). There's also a clear sticker on top of the sleeve so you could tell if it was opened previously or not. The soundtrack sleeve fits inside the outer cardboard box along with the DS game case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will check to see if that's inside the box when I get home. The guy didn't even bother to put it in the cardboard box. For the price I can't complain, thankfully they didn't try to keep the soundtrack. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back