Darksiders $15, Mass Effect 2 & God of War 3 $18 and More - GameFly Weekly Deals

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having a 3 day used game sale with great prices and free shipping on the titles listed below. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 9/17.

:360::ps3: Darksiders (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) $17.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copy of Alpha Protocol yesterday. Shipped from Pittsburgh and came quickly. Box, artwork, and manual all came in good condition. Disk had one scratch but not surface and don't expect to have any problems with it. Going to install to hard disk later today but again don't expect any issues.

Another good experience though Gamefly.

Update: Disk installed fine with no problems. A few normal ware and tare scratches but much better then anything I've ever purchased at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='baxterstockman']Bought God of War 3, it came today...and it doesn't work. The disc is in damn near mint condition, but I can't get past the first 10 minutes without the game freezing up.[/QUOTE]
Try doing a file restore on your PS3 as that may help alleviate freezing issues on that game and others.

I used to have issues with GTA IV freezing after playing it every night for a couple of weeks, but after doing the file restore it got rid of the freezing.

Basically what the file restore is is a defrag for the PS3's HDD.

Here's a page that tells you how to do it:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/

You may wanna back up any files you don't wanna lose as corrupted files may be deleted without warning by the PS3. After doing the file restore you'll have to reset any custom backgrounds/icons/screen resolution.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Got my copy of GoW3 yesterday, flawless box, manual, and disc - just as expected. Thanks, CAG![/QUOTE]

Same here. Great deal. :applause:

Received my Alpha ptorocol. A PS3 disc in a 360 game case/coverart. What the hell is Gamefly doing? This is the second time in a row they fucked up.

Got Alpha protocol from pittsburgh just the other day. Great game so far. Disc manual case were all flawless.

My GoW III came in this weekend, perfect condition, game works great.

Unfortunately, my second controller broke the day I got it. :( Gotta send it back to Sony.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try doing a file restore on your PS3 as that may help alleviate freezing issues on that game and others.

I used to have issues with GTA IV freezing after playing it every night for a couple of weeks, but after doing the file restore it got rid of the freezing.

Basically what the file restore is is a defrag for the PS3's HDD.

Here's a page that tells you how to do it:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/

You may wanna back up any files you don't wanna lose as corrupted files may be deleted without warning by the PS3. After doing the file restore you'll have to reset any custom backgrounds/icons/screen resolution.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I looked it up and apparently a lot of people had the same problems I was having on the 80 gig Fat system and the slim.

[quote name='baxterstockman']Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I looked it up and apparently a lot of people had the same problems I was having on the 80 gig Fat system and the slim.[/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. I have one of the first slim models and I think I had maybe 1-2 times where it froze on me when playing GOW III. My one buddy played my copy of the game on a 40gb model with little to no problems too.

But sometimes it's just that there's a defective batch of discs. It sucks that Gamefly only do straight refunds and don't offer to exchange for another copy if they have one available.

I can understand why they can't really do refunds, though - at these prices, they're just trying to get rid of stock so who knows if they have any left. I mean, GoW3 for $20 shipped is crazy cheap. It probably isn't worth the trouble, logistics and cost-wise, to do exchanges.

I guess I missed God of War III as no longer listed. 15-20 was range waiting on. Guess wait next time it comes around.

Got my Darksiders and Dante's Inferno...disks were fine, but the Dante case was broken at the bottom. For $14.99, I'm not complaining. Bring on the next sale!

got my God of War 3. Everything was in great shape except the case as well. the top latch clip was broken. lol... as the post above mentioned, I 'm not one to nit pick and complain but makes you think they get rid of their broken cases this way.

got my ME2 today. cerberus network included and case and manual were mint as expected...discs were a little scratched but installed perfectly. overall, pretty satisfied w/ gamefly. thanks OP

Received Mass Effect 2 and Darksiders a few days ago. ME2 had the downloadable cerberus network code. Both discs show light signs of usage, but definitely playable. Overall, another satisfied purchase with Gamefly.

bread's done
Back