Darksiders $19.99 @ Amazon

Wish they would've matched this before I bit at GS since I have Amazon credit. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luxarific']I enjoyed it more than God of War III, even though I don't like Madureira's art.[/QUOTE]
Besides the buckets of blood + gore & 2 attack button combos, I fail to see how this relates to God of War.

If anything, it's smarter to compare it to Zelda.

Nice to see it hit $19.99 on amazon. I actually think this will get slightly cheaper or at the very least get it when it goes in my goldbox.

I would've gotten this with my $10 credit that expired a little over a week ago, if they'd done this then. Oh well, I can wait a bit longer for this to drop more...for now I'll enjoy The Saboteur (which looks like it'll arrive today).

I thought the demo was alright, but not representative of a game worth $20 imo. Perhaps I should give it a shot when the PS3 version's price lowers.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']I thought the demo was alright, but not representative of a game worth $20 imo. Perhaps I should give it a shot when the PS3 version's price lowers.[/QUOTE]

Most of what I've read is that the demo does a lousy job of marketing the game. I never played the demo before I got the game myself, and I loved it.

picked this up from gamestop a week ago or so. put it in last night and was pleasantly suprised. well made game so far, enjoying it quite a bit. if the game continues this way i feel itd be a very good buy at $20.

This is coming for PC, with my backlog I'll see how that version is (and wait for its inevitable drop) before bothering with the console version.

Fantastic game, really one of my surprise titles of the year. It's like God of War met Zelda and had a love child.. it's not original, but it's fun.. lots of fun.

A must buy for $20.

[quote name='Richard']Dark Void is not $9.99 as stated above. It is a 3rd party with $5.40 charged for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, wasn't paying attention to that. Assumed it was Amazon since they sent me an email about it.

for 20, you can't beat it. great game. there's one bit in the game where it gets super tedious, but other than that, story and gameplay are fabulous. i'd recommend it.

Bought it at GS last week for $20, its such a fun game. Its a nice departure from the "kill everything that moves, move on to the next area" genre. And while you do get to kill a bunch of bad guys, the puzzle rooms are a helluva lot of fun. I should have picked it up when it came out!

[quote name='deletion']for 20, you can't beat it. great game. there's one bit in the game where it gets super tedious, but other than that, story and gameplay are fabulous. i'd recommend it.[/QUOTE]
Azrael's prison? With the scales, movable walls, beams, and mirrors?
I hated that part. If it wasn't so close to the end of the game that could've been enough to make me stop playing it.

It's not a bad game, but I don't agree with all the Zelda comparisons. Mainly because Zelda never felt so cheap or tedious at certain points. Some enemies, puzzles, and bosses are simply cheap and tedious. They will seriously test your patience, and desire to finish.

[quote name='juden66']I freaking hate that 360 games drop low and PS3 stay normal.[/QUOTE]

This is actually one of the reasons I state when the "why didn't I get a PS3" conversation comes up at work. It happens far too often and I find it odd. Suspiciously odd!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
Azrael's prison? With the scales, movable walls, beams, and mirrors?
I hated that part. If it wasn't so close to the end of the game that could've been enough to make me stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm having a terrible time convincing myself to buy it for any more then $15, and even then I still might not .

The demo was atrociously tedious for me and if there is a major section in the full game like that, I probably will pass and not think twice (of all of the major releases since the beginning of the year this is the only one that falls into a situation like this for me) mainly since I'm torn between the gushing praise I've read vs. the horror of what I played and the tediousness of please "God let it end" gameplay.

I was never so happy as to finish a demo as I was with that game not because I was enjoying it, far from it, because I knew I'd never have to play it again and it was going to be deleted right after slaving away at it for 2 1/2 hours and being fed up with it and that cheap boss fight at that point.

If someone has any truly opinion changing experiences I'd really like to hear them.

[quote name='uncle5555']That's why I'm having a terrible time convincing myself to buy it for any more then $15, and even then I still might not .

The demo was atrociously tedious for me and if there is a major section in the full game like that, I probably will pass and not think twice (of all of the major releases since the beginning of the year this is the only one that falls into a situation like this for me) mainly since I'm torn between the gushing praise I've read vs. the horror of what I played and the tediousness of please "God let it end" gameplay.

I was never so happy as to finish a demo as I was with that game not because I was enjoying it, far from it, because I knew I'd never have to play it again and it was going to be deleted right after slaving away at it for 2 1/2 hours and being fed up with it and that cheap boss fight at that point.

If someone has any truly opinion changing experiences I'd really like to hear them.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, it's a great game as a whole, and at $20 it's a steal. I loved the story, the combat is fun, it's just a bit uneven at times. It's mainly an issue with pacing. The game gets really fun, then bogs down for a bit, then picks up again.

I'd say there were two moments in the game that really tested my patience, one spoilered above - which is the final dungeon of the game, and the other was the first major boss battle. The boss fight with Tiamat is easily the hardest battle of the game, and once you get past that the game's difficulty really evens out.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Don't get me wrong, it's a great game as a whole, and at $20 it's a steal. I loved the story, the combat is fun, it's just a bit uneven at times. It's mainly an issue with pacing. The game gets really fun, then bogs down for a bit, then picks up again.

I'd say there were two moments in the game that really tested my patience, one spoilered above - which is the final dungeon of the game, and the other was the first major boss battle. The boss fight with Tiamat is easily the hardest battle of the game, and once you get past that the game's difficulty really evens out.[/QUOTE]

im about to fight tiamat and ive thoroughly enjoyed the game. the combat is certainly not dmc/gow but it does the job. the story is cool, the art style is refreshing, and Ive had a good time playing.

I havent played the demo so I cant comment on how it relates to what is played of the full game, but im very happy with the purchase, and dont see any major issues that would in anyway sway my purchase at $20.

@whipsmart, yep man, i'm glad I wasn't the only one that wanted to give up on the game at that part. felt like it took the longest time doing the first puzzle and then find out, there's two more. other than that part, it was pretty good.

Coming to PC and is on Steam. It's also starting at $39.99. In six months (or less), it'll be $19.99. A steam sale later, it'll wind up $9.99 or less. I'll wait for that to keep it. I bought it a while back, played it for a time, and then sold it for a crazy amount of credit. GS, you so crazy.

Went ahead and got it since I forgot to get it the whole 2 weeks I could have from Gamestop. Looks like they are backordered a couple days though so keep that in mind if you want it quickly.

screw the people who didn't like this game, at this price it's a steal and you should buy 2, one to play and one to give to someone else cause this game is awesome. do it!

[quote name='Richard']Dark Void is not $9.99 as stated above. It is a 3rd party with $5.40 charged for shipping.[/QUOTE]

I bought it at that price a few weeks ago and traded it away on Goozex after playing it for about 1.5 hours. Horrible game.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Coming to PC and is on Steam. It's also starting at $39.99. In six months (or less), it'll be $19.99. A steam sale later, it'll wind up $9.99 or less. I'll wait for that to keep it. I bought it a while back, played it for a time, and then sold it for a crazy amount of credit. GS, you so crazy.[/QUOTE]

If it was selling for 39.99, I could follow your reasoning. But the idea of waiting months and months to maybe get a PC price down lower than this current price baffles me.

I bought Darksiders for $30 at Kmart, and although I put it down some time ago (I think I just beat tiamat? Can't remember), I really liked it. For me it was a game that just kept giving me something new to go to, just wanted to keep playing. I guess life got in the way though, and I just never picked it up since :p

Worth $20 easy.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']If it was selling for 39.99, I could follow your reasoning. But the idea of waiting months and months to maybe get a PC price down lower than this current price baffles me.[/QUOTE]

Well you probably know the answer to that. It could look/play better on PC. And if you have it on Steam that is a big plus for many of us. There are some of us who generally prefer a game on PC if it is done right.

I mean, its not new, so if you've waited this long, you might as well.

[quote name='turls']Well you probably know the answer to that. It could look/play better on PC. And if you have it on Steam that is a big plus for many of us. There are some of us who generally prefer a game on PC if it is done right.

I mean, its not new, so if you've waited this long, you might as well.[/QUOTE]

That's it, exactly. I've already got a huge backlog. Waiting on this game until its at a pricepoint and available on a service that is very convenient for me is not a problem when its not like I don't have games to play. ;)

I got this used at gamestop a while back because it came with the voucher for Red Faction Guerrilla. I never even wanted it, but with the free RFG, I couldnt pass it up.

I went on to thoroughly enjoy Darksiders, platinumed it, and still havent opened RFG. Great game, easily worth the $20.

PS3 owners like to act slighted every chance they get - but there's a lot of reasons why PS3 games are less likely to get marked down, and lot of it has to due with the format and Sony themselves. It's not the like retailer is 'out to get you' or ignoring PS3 owners - the purpose of any business is to make money, and if margin is less on PS3 games you can't so freely mark them down, pretty simple math. Yes I own a PS3 but I also own an X360 - in large part due to the fact X360 games are far more likely to be cheaper.

[quote name='Izod517']PS3 owners like to act slighted every chance they get - but there's a lot of reasons why PS3 games are less likely to get marked down, and lot of it has to due with the format and Sony themselves. It's not the like retailer is 'out to get you' or ignoring PS3 owners - the purpose of any business is to make money, and if margin is less on PS3 games you can't so freely mark them down, pretty simple math. Yes I own a PS3 but I also own an X360 - in large part due to the fact X360 games are far more likely to be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

There's also just supply and demand. Because the install base on the 360 is so much higher, there's more of a chance that companies estimate sales numbers incorrectly. Too much inventory = clearance prices and quick drops.

Part of it is also perception. When you're looking for one console and only the other one is on sale, you tend to think it's some conspiracy.

I didn't see PS3 owners bitch when all the PS3 games at Sears dropped much quicker than their 360 counterparts.

I've found that dumb people like to bitch about things. Others try to understand why it happens.

[quote name='Izod517']PS3 owners like to act slighted every chance they get. . .[/QUOTE]
Fact of the matter is it was just on sale for three weeks at GS for $20 and while it could be coincidence, I feel it's pretty stupid to suddenly PM it for one system and not the other. No skin off my nose and it's truly their loss.

bread's done
Back