Darksiders 2 CE w/ season pass $99.99 shipped THQ, pre-order T-shirt $4.50

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Sorry for the MRSP post, but I thought some people may be interested because of the bonuses and since the CE is pre-sold out everywhere else.

My Sears pre-order for $75 appears to have been canceled without any notification from Sears, so I got this deal instead.

Darksiders 2 standard edition ($59.99) and CE ($99.99) is available on THQ shop w/ free shipping. You get the Argus Tomb DLC which is included with all of the limited edition versions of the game (day 30). You also get a free season pass that gives access to 2 additional pieces of DLC (day 60, day 90) and Maker's Armor and Scythe Set, exclusive to THQ store.

http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/list/categoryID.57907600/

==============================================
Pre-order Summer of Death T-shirt offer (not exclusive to THQ store)

Also, if you pre-order (any version from anywhere) before July 8, you can get a t-shirt by sending in the receipt (or email confirmation), a form, the original UPC code from the game (oh noes!), and a check for $4.50. Since you need the UPC code from the game, this obviously means that you will mail all the stuff in AFTER the game releases. Must be postmarked by Sept 1, 2012.

Details here on THQ Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_459836164027246

I just checked mine and it's still there. Just because the pre authorization isn't riding on you card for months doesn't mean it's cancelled. Would probably be wise to go back to the original order confirmation email, look at the order through that link, and double check that it is, indeed, closed.

[quote name='Zaku77']I just checked mine and it's still there. Just because the pre authorization isn't riding on you card for months doesn't mean it's cancelled. Would probably be wise to go back to the original order confirmation email, look at the order through that link, and double check that it is, indeed, closed.[/QUOTE]

I did all that already. I logged into my sears online account and it shows I have no open orders. Went back to my order confirmation email and clicked on that link, and it took me to a blank page. So this was pretty much the next best deal I could find.

just a reminder to anyone expecting this on release day, when ordering anything from the THQ store..its shipped by digital river. Good luck playing within launch week as they never ship on time and so much hassle involved with them, ill skip the bonuses and save the headache.

FU digital river

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sorry but this game does not need a "Season Pass". It is so out of control now.[/QUOTE]

They are giving you free DLC. Who cares.

Thanks OP!! Wanted this but it was sold out on Amazon before I could pre order it and this one is an better deal

[quote name='S1LENT K1ILLA']They are giving you free DLC. Who cares.

Thanks OP!! Wanted this but it was sold out on Amazon before I could pre order it and this one is an better deal[/QUOTE]

It is only free if you buy it from their store (at least the 2nd and 3rd ones). Not much help for those with credit at other stores. It is not free.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is only free if you buy it from their store (at least the 2nd and 3rd ones). Not much help for those with credit at other stores. It is not free.[/QUOTE]

You dont have to buy DLC. Plenty of people do. Get over it.

[quote name='edson13']You dont have to buy DLC. Plenty of people do. Get over it.[/QUOTE]
Hey how about shipping a full game. This only drives people to buy used. How about they provide this content for free to anyone who buys new? No reason to force day 1 sales by withholding content. People like you make excuses for shit practices by companies just mean it will get worse.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Hey how about shipping a full game. This only drives people to buy used. How about they provide this content for free to anyone who buys new? No reason to force day 1 sales by withholding content. People like you make excuses for shit practices by companies just mean it will get worse.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the Darksiders DLC won't be available for months from release. So they're working on the new content instead of witholding it.

A shit practice is more like EA and what they did to Mass Effect 3 for me.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah but the Darksiders DLC won't be available for months from release. So they're working on the new content instead of witholding it.

A shit practice is more like EA and what they did to Mass Effect 3 for me.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that I am still feeling burned by THQ and the SR3 DLC season pass. It was not worth it so they need to do something great with Darksiders II to get me to trust them again.

i like this and most likely will get this but the idea of free dlc is stupid we are paying for it one way or another, THQ isn't about to loose money or they will go out of business

i hope DS2 does really well so THQ can get some relief 3-5 million would be awesome considering its gonna be on every HD console

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I guess that I am still feeling burned by THQ and the SR3 DLC season pass. It was not worth it so they need to do something great with Darksiders II to get me to trust them again.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's a really great point. With THQ having money problems right now, who's to say that all the promised DLCs will even be released, or if they are released, they might just be really short ones that were hastily put together.

I'll have to think about it....

The DLC is coming out months after the fact. It's clearly not things they are holding back from the game. If they want to add on to it down the road, that is awesome. That is what DLC was really 'made' for in the first place.

[quote name='jr8rulz']FU digital river[/QUOTE]
My sentiments exactly.

My worst online customer service experieince ever was with the incompetent THQ customer service. Ended up filing a complaint with my credit card company after a number of canned replies to my inquiries.

[quote name='no_exit']My sentiments exactly.

My worst online customer service experieince ever was with the incompetent THQ customer service. Ended up filing a complaint with my credit card company after a number of canned replies to my inquiries.[/QUOTE]

DR really screwed up the Ghost Recon preorders. I think I made a thread on general gaming. I even.found some guys who just figured their order was canceled, then all of a sudden DR pulled their head out of their butt, wipes the crap from their eyes and shipped them 8 days after release.

I'm not saying it took 8 days to arrive, it took them 8 days to SHIP a PREORDER. Ubi Store was telling us DR wasn't even responding to THEM about what was going on. How they even get contracts is beyond me.

[quote name='6er']DR really screwed up the Ghost Recon preorders. I think I made a thread on general gaming. I even.found some guys who just figured their order was canceled, then all of a sudden DR pulled their head out of their butt, wipes the crap from their eyes and shipped them 8 days after release.

I'm not saying it took 8 days to arrive, it took them 8 days to SHIP a PREORDER. Ubi Store was telling us DR wasn't even responding to THEM about what was going on. How they even get contracts is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

THIS!

im just reminding folks that if you pre-order from the THQ store, dont expect your game for days or even a week or more after launch.

The whole thing makes me sick 100 for the game with so called season pass then you have to buy DLCo to to get the whole game wtf? Whats the whole game run $150 ? fuck that keep it, I liked the first one but this is getting crazy.

Question does anyone know when they charge your CC ? do they do it upon ship date or as soon as you complete your order ? I want to do it so I don't miss out on the mask and cancel my walmart copy. thanks

[quote name='tightclaws']The whole thing makes me sick 100 for the game with so called season pass then you have to buy DLCo to to get the whole game wtf? Whats the whole game run $150 ? fuck that keep it, I liked the first one but this is getting crazy.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about. The Season Pass nets you the DLC for free when it's released...that's its whole purpose for existing.

[quote name='tightclaws']The whole thing makes me sick 100 for the game with so called season pass then you have to buy DLCo to to get the whole game wtf? Whats the whole game run $150 ? fuck that keep it, I liked the first one but this is getting crazy.[/QUOTE]

The CE with the season pass is $100. You can also pre-order the regular edition from THQ for $60 and get the season pass included, which nets you the "whole game." I don't know where you're getting $150 from. Slow down and read before you rant.

[quote name='Ionotropic']The CE with the season pass is $100. You can also pre-order the regular edition from THQ for $60 and get the season pass included, which nets you the "whole game." I don't know where you're getting $150 from. Slow down and read before you rant.[/QUOTE]

I think he means people who don't pre-order from the THQ store. If someone gets the CE for $100 at, say, Best Buy/Gamestop/Amazon/etc, they would have to shell out extra money for the DLCs or the season pass.

The season pass is only "free" if you pre-order from the THQ store.

I kinda agree it's ridiculous, especially for a single player game. I loved the first one as well, but there's no way I'm shelling out all this money (assuming I don't pre-order from THQ, which seems like a bad idea given others' opinion of digital river).

[quote name='Vinny']I'm kinda surprised this is sold out everywhere... it seems like a pretty crappy CE.[/QUOTE]

Why is it that all these special editions are "sold out" yet they end up online in the clearance bin 6-12 months later. Seems like an artificial holding of supply.

So I just got an e-mail today stating my $75.00 CE Sears order was cancelled as well. When I called them, they told me it was cancelled by Paypal. Strange since I've never had a problem with Paypal before, and the only thing I could do was place a new order at MSRP price.

Guess I'll be holding off on buying this game till it it hits the clearance bing like I did the first one.

[quote name='Bosamba']So I just got an e-mail today stating my $75.00 CE Sears order was cancelled as well. When I called them, they told me it was cancelled by Paypal. Strange since I've never had a problem with Paypal before, and the only thing I could do was place a new order at MSRP price.

Guess I'll be holding off on buying this game till it it hits the clearance bing like I did the first one.[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one having this problem. It seems like a lot of PalPal orders got cancelled (mine included) and I've been stuck with CSR's all day looking for an alternative. Double checked the account to make sure it was verified and was politely told by the CSR to take that issue up with my bank. Now she get's to sit on hold with me listening to their crappy elevator music while I escalate this call to her manager. :cry:

*update*

I was told by PayPal that they attempt to make payments immediately and that any payments that are not accepted in 60 days result in cancellation of they payment. Unfortunately Sears waited till today/yesterday to begin processing these and PayPal had stopped attempting to make payment. This will result in a lot of/if not all PayPal orders for this being cancelled by Sears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from Sears that magically resurrected my preorder that previously disappeared without warning. I think I paid with cc, not paypal though.

[quote name='no_exit']My sentiments exactly.

My worst online customer service experieince ever was with the incompetent THQ customer service. Ended up filing a complaint with my credit card company after a number of canned replies to my inquiries.[/QUOTE]

So here's my Digital River tracking information from THQ....

Shipped from Lino Lakes, MN to Fishers, IN on 8/3
then to Sparks, NV on 8/9
then to Los Angeles, CA on 8/11 (missent)
re-routed to another location in CA on 8/15 (also missent)

P.S. I live in NJ!

I have a feeling this will be my first and last time ordering from THQ.:headache:

[quote name='tightclaws']The THQ store is not an option have any of you dealt with them? Never again.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like there is a story here, and I would very much like to hear it.

THQ said the CE got delayed (even though I got mine from them already), so today they sent me a free copy of the regular version to hold me over until I get the CE. Basically a nice surprise in the mail, so anyone who ordered the CE from them should BOLO for a free Darksiders II in your mail!

[quote name='sticky onions']So here's my Digital River tracking information from THQ....

P.S. I live in NJ!

I have a feeling this will be my first and last time ordering from THQ.:headache:[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what the tracking information on my order looks like. Apparently shipping something to the northeastern US is more difficult than I originally thought.

did your ce from thq come with a 3D hologram slipcover for the game case?
the 1 i got from bb did and i haven't seen mention of it anywhere else or in any unboxing vids.

[quote name='Ionotropic']THQ said the CE got delayed (even though I got mine from them already), so today they sent me a free copy of the regular version to hold me over until I get the CE. Basically a nice surprise in the mail, so anyone who ordered the CE from them should BOLO for a free Darksiders II in your mail![/QUOTE]

[quote name='rnocerino']Anyone know where I can get the Collectors Edition at a reputable online place? I want to get the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

If you want it badly enough, I'll sell mine (when it comes from the THQ store -___- ) for $150, otherwise I'm posting it up on ebay.

[quote name='sticky onions']So here's my Digital River tracking information from THQ....

P.S. I live in NJ!

I have a feeling this will be my first and last time ordering from THQ.:headache:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the tracking looked really screwy so I sent them an email the other day and this was their reply

Thank you for contacting the THQ online store.

We understand that you want to know the shipping status of your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Tracking numbers for orders for the game “Darksiders II” ( pre-order

purchase) is not correct on the order. Due to a data processing error,
some postal orders were routed incorrectly and the accompanying tracking
information is incorrect on the order.

You will still receive your order however as a result of the data

processing error- the package is likely to arrive on Thursday August
16th via UPS.

Sincerely,

Jackie Lyn S.
THQ online store
Customer Service
[email protected]

I got it yesterday afternoon .

I just received my collectors edition and I must say... Digital River sucks. The box is wrinkled and bent in a couple spots, and that's on top of having to wait a couple of days post release. :/ Lame cheese. TO EBAY!

Wow...So I got my two Collector's Editions today as I got one for each system. To my amazement, I saw two packages from Digital River. I knew the box was the CE, but the bubble package made me think that I got a free t-shirt. I was actually shocked (not in a good way) when I saw two limited edition copies of the game (one for each system) from THQ/Digital River. I checked the invoice to see if they screwed me over and double charged my CC because they came in separate packages and I thought maybe they tried to pull a fast one. I verified the order number and they were all a part of the exact same order and then I read this forum and some people got this game as a make good, so now I can sell these two free brand new games and even if I get $50 for each, this lowered my cost for these Collector's Editions to around $60 (after tax and shipping). Knowing these can sell for $150+ online, I am pretty happy with this great compensation by the company and this does not even take into account that I have two pristine CE copies and I got the free season pass. For once, THQ does something right and thank you. Best experience I have ever had ordering from THQ/Digital River.

Sears sent me an email saying the estimated arrival was today but they never sent out the "your item has been shipped" notice. Ugh. This wait is so annoying. They haven't cancelled my order but how long do we have to wait?! Its still "processing." I placed the order since May!

[quote name='Tarskidx']Wow...So I got my two Collector's Editions today as I got one for each system. To my amazement, I saw two packages from Digital River. I knew the box was the CE, but the bubble package made me think that I got a free t-shirt. I was actually shocked (not in a good way) when I saw two limited edition copies of the game (one for each system) from THQ/Digital River. I checked the invoice to see if they screwed me over and double charged my CC because they came in separate packages and I thought maybe they tried to pull a fast one. I verified the order number and they were all a part of the exact same order and then I read this forum and some people got this game as a make good, so now I can sell these two free brand new games and even if I get $50 for each, this lowered my cost for these Collector's Editions to around $60 (after tax and shipping). Knowing these can sell for $150+ online, I am pretty happy with this great compensation by the company and this does not even take into account that I have two pristine CE copies and I got the free season pass. For once, THQ does something right and thank you. Best experience I have ever had ordering from THQ/Digital River.[/QUOTE]

same here, ordered one of each collector's and got two game copies in bubble mailer. pretty generous of them to do that.

[quote name='baboonfreak']same here, ordered one of each collector's and got two game copies in bubble mailer. pretty generous of them to do that.[/QUOTE]

Wish I hadn't downgraded from the CE now after reading these stories. Just didn't feel like it was worth the extra $40 since I have no use for the mask and the artbook wasn't enough on its own.

Can't complain though since I got my copy of the game 4 days before release, and now my little brother gets a gift before he heads back to college thanks to this extra one they sent.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Sears sent me an email saying the estimated arrival was today but they never sent out the "your item has been shipped" notice. Ugh. This wait is so annoying. They haven't cancelled my order but how long do we have to wait?! Its still "processing." I placed the order since May![/QUOTE]

Their fulfillment service told me flat out that all CE orders were being cancelled. The Sears manager that I spent 15 minutes bitching out confirmed this.

bread's done
Back