Darksiders 2 CE w/ season pass $99.99 shipped THQ, pre-order T-shirt $4.50

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Sorry for the MRSP post, but I thought some people may be interested because of the bonuses and since the CE is pre-sold out everywhere else.

My Sears pre-order for $75 appears to have been canceled without any notification from Sears, so I got this deal instead.

Darksiders 2 standard edition ($59.99) and CE ($99.99) is available on THQ shop w/ free shipping. You get the Argus Tomb DLC which is included with all of the limited edition versions of the game (day 30). You also get a free season pass that gives access to 2 additional pieces of DLC (day 60, day 90) and Maker's Armor and Scythe Set, exclusive to THQ store.

http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/list/categoryID.57907600/

==============================================
Pre-order Summer of Death T-shirt offer (not exclusive to THQ store)

Also, if you pre-order (any version from anywhere) before July 8, you can get a t-shirt by sending in the receipt (or email confirmation), a form, the original UPC code from the game (oh noes!), and a check for $4.50. Since you need the UPC code from the game, this obviously means that you will mail all the stuff in AFTER the game releases. Must be postmarked by Sept 1, 2012.

Details here on THQ Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_459836164027246

These CE are selling at $175+ on eBay and I think that between the two CE and the two free games (MSRP $60), my original $200 investment could potentially net me over $400+ in a quick turnaround. Not a bad investment with great profit and this is without even selling the season passes individually. I know it is no Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot type turnaround profit, but it is not a bad haul and who would have thought that THQ of all companies would have made a CE actually limited?

[quote name='Tarskidx']These CE are selling at $175+ on eBay and I think that between the two CE and the two free games (MSRP $60), my original $200 investment could potentially net me over $400+ in a quick turnaround. Not a bad investment with great profit and this is without even selling the season passes individually. I know it is no Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot type turnaround profit, but it is not a bad haul and who would have thought that THQ of all companies would have made a CE actually limited?[/QUOTE]

I remember the days when people bought games to play. Good times.

I found one of these collector's editions at a GameStop on Tuesday. It took awhile but one store had an extra due to a cancellation. I was pleased to have found one as this looks to be pretty limited right now.

On another note, I am happy that I chose to pre-order the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition. This piece might end up being the holy grail in my collection. I now find myself pre-ordering Collector's Editions when they first come up on Amazon and then deciding if I want to keep or cancel the pre-order a few days before the game ships. I end up keeping most of them.

It is difficult to know whether a Collector's Edition is going to be rare or not. Most end up in bargain bins at Best Buy, or severely discounted on Amazon. It is almost like a game to me to pick up the Collector's Editions I think are going to be truly limited while waiting for the others to come down in price. You win some, you lose some. I scored on the Bioshock 1 Limited Edition, and Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition, but got burned by Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition, Max Payne 3 Special Edition, etc. Anyway, I digress...

I like the Darksiders II Collector's Edition. The mask is nice and I like hardcover art books, which this Collector's Edition has. The packaging is nice as well; one of the best in recent memory. I just recently beat Darksiders I in anticipation to this game. I enjoyed the game and it made me want to purchase Darksiders II on launch date rather than wait for a price drop. I was glad that I was able to find the Collector's Edition as I did not pre-order one.

I know and that was my true intention, but it's hard not to consider selling these and make a profit because the payout turnaround could be the equivalent of a free 3DS XL for example. I cannot see these continuing to be this rare and may eventually flood the market. I can easily sell all of this now and make a profit to pay off my Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot and then buy this CE a few months later at half the price as THQ games always drop in price rapidly.

I know it's an insanely long shot, but if anyone is willing to sell a 360 CE for MSRP that they got for free, I'd love to pick it up from you, I'm trying to find one at a GS solely because I want to support THQ since I like their games, but this would work too, then I can send a donation or something...

^no one got a ce for free. they got le's for free, which is the vanilla version of the game that is available right now. if you wanted to support thq, u would've preordered from them or a retailer like everyone else instead of just trying to get one because its been proven limited.

I think I'll be able to go pick up a CE from Gamestop in the morning. I'm not sure what to do, though. I already bought the LE from Best Buy, and theirs has that cool slip cover, which this one won't. I guess I could just sell the LE that comes inside the CE. I'm not even sure if I want it anymore after all this hooplah, though.

Decision, decisions...

im not being drawn in to the rareness hype for it. the contents werent enough to justify the price difference to me and I am ok with it.

bread's done
Back