Darksiders II Limited Edition $24.99--Best Buy--YMMV

Quintessence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was at one of my local Best Buys today and saw a lot of Darksiders II Limited editions with big yellow 50% off stickers on them. The price on the display still says $49.99, but an override is done at the register. As with odd sale items, your mileage may vary.

I was only looking in the Xbox 360 section, so I am unsure if there are PS3 versions available at that price or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IanKazimer']

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.[/QUOTE]

When I did a pre-order for Darksiders II for an in store pick up they screwed up and gave me this version by mistake. I was super tempted to sell it off, I mean who wouldn't be, but didn't. Now, with everything that has happened to THQ and all that they are probably going to wind up fairly rare and I'm really glad I didn't.

Just saw Darksiders II Limited Edition for $9.99 at my local Target. I would have picked it up if I had not already picked up the franchise pack for the PC.

I so want darksiders 2. I wish I knew for sure if it was on sale. Especially if it was $9.99 I'd go up to the store after I eat lunch but I don't know for sure if it will be on sale.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I so want darksiders 2. I wish I knew for sure if it was on sale. Especially if it was $9.99 I'd go up to the store after I eat lunch but I don't know for sure if it will be on sale.[/QUOTE]
$9.99 is highly YMMV.

[quote name='sharpeone']Just saw Darksiders II Limited Edition for $9.99 at my local Target. I would have picked it up if I had not already picked up the franchise pack for the PC.[/QUOTE]

For what system?

[quote name='matrix9280']For what system?[/QUOTE]

They had the 360 version shown with a price cut tag. It was on the shelves with the regular games and not clearance.

[quote name='sharpeone']They had the 360 version shown with a price cut tag. It was on the shelves with the regular games and not clearance.[/QUOTE]
So it's not YMMV?!?!???

[quote name='sharpeone']They had the 360 version shown with a price cut tag. It was on the shelves with the regular games and not clearance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']So it's not YMMV?!?!???[/QUOTE]...

I know where I'm going tonight. ;)

[quote name='TooPoor']So it's not YMMV?!?!???[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. Just saw it sitting amongst other games with the Price Cut tag. I will not have a chance to go back today, but will try tomorrow to snap a picture. I didn't even know this thread was on CAG or else I would have snapped it earlier today.

[quote name='Vigilante']...

I know where I'm going tonight. ;)[/QUOTE]
To be honest, I am still having doubts of this not being YMMV...

[quote name='TooPoor']To be honest, I am still having doubts of this not being YMMV...[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know, but I'll be out and about anyway and there will be a Target nearby that I can check. :)

I'm going to the store as soon as I here this confirmed. I got darksiders 1 downloaded from ps plus so I kinda want this on ps3 but I guess it really don't matter.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, I know, but I'll be out and about anyway and there will be a Target nearby that I can check.
icon_smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

Best of luck to you! I'm going to get sushi, hopefully will hear some good news from CAGs afterwards

[quote name='matrix9280']So that other guy was lying.[/QUOTE]

No reason for me to lie. My guess is that it is either YMMV or a tag mistake at my store. I'll head there tomorrow to see if it is still available.

Target in Streamwood, IL has it for $9.99. It rang up $49.99 but they had a sign up for $9.99. it was xbox only and after i bought mine there was one left.

[quote name='soar1229']I can only find $9.99 for PC @ Target[/QUOTE]

Wondering if this was mislabeled on the 360 one I saw. They had it on the end cap with all the 360 games, but I didn't think to read the tag itself.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hey OP, can you pot which sku the $24.99 version is for?[/QUOTE]

It was the Best Buy Exclusive version for the Xbox 360. There's an earlier post in this thread where I explained everything included in the box.

[quote name='sharpeone']No reason for me to lie. My guess is that it is either YMMV or a tag mistake at my store. I'll head there tomorrow to see if it is still available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure he is telling the truth about his particular store. Target can be so ymmv, besides mislabeling items. My store doesn't even follow a lot of the drops I see in the clearance thread.

He isn't lying, I saw it too, at the same store. But it is for xbox 360 only and it is a "manager special" The $ off was hand written in. Those manager sales are very YMMV.

Had this at target for $9.99 price matched at BB for that price and used rz certs = free. The temporary price match tab in store isnt platform specific. Manager said it was alright and transaction went through. :)

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Had this at target for $9.99 price matched at BB for that price and used rz certs = free. The temporary price match tab in store isnt platform specific. Manager said it was alright and transaction went through. :)[/QUOTE]

now you know we all want a picture of the price cut tab. with clear dates on it please

[quote name='shadowkast']now you know we all want a picture of the price cut tab. with clear dates on it please[/QUOTE]
The suspicion and disbelief around this place is so stupid. I've seen very little of people lying in deals threads on this site.

[quote name='Blaster man']The suspicion and disbelief around this place is so stupid. I've seen very little of people lying in deals threads on this site.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt it has anything to do with that and more to do with people wanting to use the picture to try and price match it themselves.

I'd kill to have a 360 copy for $9.99... I just wish I knew if the Target in Barboursville, WV had it for that price for sure. I don't want to get the little one out in the cold, snow, and ice for a 20 minute drive and get no results, ya know?

Online says it has "limited stock" but other further out stores have "in stock". Anyone think this is a good indication of the sale?

[quote name='Blaster man']The suspicion and disbelief around this place is so stupid. I've seen very little of people lying in deals threads on this site.[/QUOTE]

1) There's tons of lying and trolling on this site, and the internet in general.

2) I'm sure he was requesting the picture for a price match possibility.

[quote name='TooPoor']You guys have awesome Targets, me so jelly[/QUOTE]

God me too! I'd LOVE Darksiders 2 for $9.99! If anyone is able to pick up multiple copies, I'd gladly pay them $15 if they could buy 1 and ship it to me.

[quote name='karmicplayground']Target in Streamwood, IL has it for $9.99. It rang up $49.99 but they had a sign up for $9.99. it was xbox only and after i bought mine there was one left.[/QUOTE]

Dang. We gotta get the western suburb CAG's working together. I'd love to snag that, no way I make it out there until late tonight.

[quote name='Deader2818']I really doubt it has anything to do with that and more to do with people wanting to use the picture to try and price match it themselves.[/QUOTE]

+1. Picture's aweful small on my phone tho lol. Stretching it makes it unreadable :(

Edit: and now its gone.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I'm hoping thq will clearance out there whole store like they did with those couple collectors editions.[/QUOTE]
How is the THQ online store even still running? Who is processing the orders if all of the employees of THQ have been laid off?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How is the THQ online store even still running? Who is processing the orders if all of the employees of THQ have been laid off?[/QUOTE]

Good 'ole Digital River runs their online store.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How is the THQ online store even still running? Who is processing the orders if all of the employees of THQ have been laid off?[/QUOTE]

Digital River :bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Digital River :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Lovely. So, the service would probably be better if there was just nobody there. :lol:

[quote name='Deader2818']I really doubt it has anything to do with that and more to do with people wanting to use the picture to try and price match it themselves.[/QUOTE]

thank you. i don't doubt the person, i want to replicate their success

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Dang. We gotta get the western suburb CAG's working together. I'd love to snag that, no way I make it out there until late tonight.[/QUOTE]

It's the one on Schaumburg road. i just realized that might be Schaumburg there. It's not my normal target, I had just happened to stop there looking for something else because my target didn't have it.

[quote name='karmicplayground']It's the one on Schaumburg road. i just realized that might be Schaumburg there. It's not my normal target, I had just happened to stop there looking for something else because my target didn't have it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that would be Schaumburg. Thanks for clarifying the road, saved me a trip to the one at 59 and Irving. :)

If I get the chance, I may check it out after work. Was it in a clearance section somewhere? Haven't been to that one in some time, thought they may have changed the layout.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Yup, that would be Schaumburg. Thanks for clarifying the road, saved me a trip to the one at 59 and Irving. :)

If I get the chance, I may check it out after work. Was it in a clearance section somewhere? Haven't been to that one in some time, thought they may have changed the layout.[/QUOTE]

Nope it's with the xbox games all the way int he back of the store. I'd call to see if they have it as I grabbed the 2nd to last copy at noon yesterday. Yeah wasn't sure if it was streamwood or schaumburg there.

The one in Barboursville, WV was a bust. It was still $49.99. The trip wasn't a complete waste though... I stopped by a local pawn shop and scored Halo 3 ODST, BF3 LE, and Resident Evil 6 all on 360 for $7 apiece. I have no interest in RE6, I bought it just to flip it on eBay or at Gamestop, but will gladly trade it for a Darksiders II on 360 if anyone is interested.

I checked two Targets on the way home from work. One had the PC version only for $9.99, no PS3 copies, 360 was $49.99. The other had no PC versions and both console versions for $49.99.

Thanks, OP, I'll check my store on the way home. I definitely want to play DS2, since I thought the first one was fun. The possibility of the story never getting an ending doesn't change it for me (although it'd be a shame).

bread's done
Back