Darksiders price drop - Gamestop $39.99 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rpatrick']Right, I wasn't surprised that I didn't get a code. I'm not surprised he didn't get a code. That said, if nobody gets one, that really makes me wonder. Gamestop conspiracy? Probably not. All copies opened by an employee? Much more probable. Not saying it happened, I just don't know.[/QUOTE]

Again, Gamestop has more than likely sold out their original shipment, restocked, sold out that shipment, restocked, etc., who knows how many times now. Unless they had a few copies still sitting around that got mixed in when the new shipments came in, the initial pressing is long gone. Honestly, I'd be really surprised if they do have any new copies with a code in them anymore.

Now, if no one ordering a used copy gets a code, then I'd be a little more suspicious . . . But even then it's more like a lottery than a guarantee.

I'm not saying don't be unhappy about getting a resealed copy -- I'd be pretty unhappy about that too (we'll see, when my copy arrives in the next few days). But the lack of a code should not be the cause, or even a part, of that unhappiness.

[quote name='TomJones4']360 version was patched and now runs better then the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the 360 version got patched but this is the first I've seen it claimed that it now runs better than the PS3 version

So gamestop.com mailed out repackaged copies as new?

Are you sure it's repackaged, rather than factory shrinkwrapped? Some games do have the shrinkwrap treatment instead of the traditional y-folded wrapping.

Got my copy from GS yesterday and it was sealed -- have not checked for code, since the 90-minute demo goes up soon (and I want to play it before opening).

[quote name='coldwine']Got my copy from GS yesterday and it was sealed -- have not checked for code, since the 90-minute demo goes up soon (and I want to play it before opening).[/QUOTE]

the 90 minute demo doesn't go up until next Thursday, the 25th

[quote name='coldwine']the 90-minute demo goes up soon (and I want to play it before opening).[/QUOTE]

This is me, too. If I play the full demo, I'll be able to better assess how I feel about the game.

Wow, not a bad deal! Dang it, I'd order but once again am baffled by platform. Playstation one's supposed to be slightly better, and for some reason that feels right, but I keep wanting to get rid of my Playstation and standardize on Xbox :whistle2:/

[quote name='eau']So gamestop.com mailed out repackaged copies as new?

Are you sure it's repackaged, rather than factory shrinkwrapped? Some games do have the shrinkwrap treatment instead of the traditional y-folded wrapping.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good question, and I do recall the case being shaped a bit odd (very round on the edges). I searched several forums online, and it seems that folks who got their games at Bestbuy and other places were wondering the same thing.

So, it looks like this is not a reseal. I wouldn't have thought twice if this were from someone other than GS.

[quote name='TomJones4']Its not technically fraud since the copy you have has not been used by anyone. Repackaged can still be considered new.
Shitty I know, but its not worth the time to argue.[/QUOTE]

Hell ya I would argue if I bought something advertised new, but repackaged used. On top of it, the product is missing content. Seems like Gamestop hourly paid defense force is all over this forum hyping all Gamestop deals.

I got my game yesterday, and the shrink wrap was not like "normal PS3 game shrink wrap". It wasn't the folded and glued, more glossy/rigid wrap. It was the stretchy shrink wrap like you would use to cover food in the fridge with, and then melted on the sides to seal it.

Maybe that is how the game was packaged? But it definitely had the normal GS "Newsed" (new/used) feel to it. Oh well, the game works, and is in perfect condition, but I wouldn't doubt if my copy was resealed by GS.

It is hard to complain about 36 bucks with a $10 GC card, hehe.

So if/when I ever receive this game in the mail and it looks resealed, could I take it to GS and get get a refund?

I am really OCD about buying gutted games @ GS.

[quote name='saetia']So if/when I ever receive this game in the mail and it looks resealed, could I take it to GS and get get a refund?

I am really OCD about buying gutted games @ GS.[/QUOTE]
Yes, as long as it's factory or gamestop sealed.

[quote name='rpatrick']This is a very good question, and I do recall the case being shaped a bit odd (very round on the edges). I searched several forums online, and it seems that folks who got their games at Bestbuy and other places were wondering the same thing.

So, it looks like this is not a reseal. I wouldn't have thought twice if this were from someone other than GS.[/QUOTE]

My copy from Gamestop.com was definitely not resealed. Some games/shipments are just sealed differently than others.

[quote name='leopaw']Hell ya I would argue if I bought something advertised new, but repackaged used. On top of it, the product is missing content. Seems like Gamestop hourly paid defense force is all over this forum hyping all Gamestop deals.[/QUOTE]

There is no missing content. The secret code was packaged in only a select few of the original shipment of the game, which most, if not all, stores are sold out of by now.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Great game! I had no glitches in my ps3 version whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I'm finding that the Ps3 version stutters quite frequently, ala Assassins Creed 2. I'm only about an hour in... maybe it gets smoother?

[quote name='leopaw']Hell ya I would argue if I bought something advertised new, but repackaged used. On top of it, the product is missing content. Seems like Gamestop hourly paid defense force is all over this forum hyping all Gamestop deals.[/QUOTE]

what is it missing? it's already been said there's no guarantee you'd get the code since it wasn't even included in all the copies at launch

[quote name='schopaia']I'm finding that the Ps3 version stutters quite frequently, ala Assassins Creed 2. I'm only about an hour in... maybe it gets smoother?[/QUOTE]

Huh . . . I've been playing Assassins Creed 2 on my PS3 for the past week or so, and I haven't seen much in the way of any significant stuttering (once or twice maybe, but nothing I'd call "frequent"). Are you sure there's not something wrong with your PS3?

not sure if already mentioned, but...
price drop is not permanent (?)

asked my buddy (GS employee) to pick me up a copy to use his discount.
he called his store to hold one.
manager said,
"..probably wanna pick this up soon..price goes back up this weekend.."

least that's what i heard/grain of salt/ymmv

So If its repackaged you could take it back into gamestop and get a brand new sealed copy?

Then what are people bitching for?

Got my copy in yesterday and it had the "resealed" look shrink wrap, but I could tell it was new as the copy of the game was in perfect condition and the usual fresh plastic smell to it. Sadly, no secret code voucher. But I didn't care too much since I already own Red Faction.

Now to figure out on what to use the $10 coupon for.

[quote name='nflsonic']Now to figure out on what to use the $10 coupon for.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been having trouble with. Every game I want is unavailable online =(

[quote name='schopaia']I'm finding that the Ps3 version stutters quite frequently, ala Assassins Creed 2. I'm only about an hour in... maybe it gets smoother?[/QUOTE]

My Assassin's Creed II didn't stutter that I noticed and my Darksiders that I played for about 90 minutes last night didn't stutter. Could be your PS3.

As far as the shrink wrap goes, I didn't pay attention at the time, but my copy from Best Buy was sealed with a different wrap because it was very brittle and much easier to open than the usual game wrap. GS still sucks because it shouldn't be something people even need to worry about. However their history of pulling shit like that has cost them the benefit of the doubt in cases like this.

I picked up a used copy from Gamestop.com. Using Edge and the CAG16 code, plus free shipping, I paid $26.xx for it, which I think is an awesome price. I can't wait to play this, it looks badass.

Went to the gamestop on campus today and was looking since I had a $25 gift card from u.talk.back surveys. Saw few copies of darksiders used looked through all the cases to see if they had the code but did not. Bought the game anyways and paid $9 after the giftcard and edge. Got home took out the manual, and the code fell out and just claimed my copy of red faction. Woot.

[quote name='jaystaeb8']My Assassin's Creed II didn't stutter that I noticed and my Darksiders that I played for about 90 minutes last night didn't stutter. Could be your PS3.

As far as the shrink wrap goes, I didn't pay attention at the time, but my copy from Best Buy was sealed with a different wrap because it was very brittle and much easier to open than the usual game wrap. GS still sucks because it shouldn't be something people even need to worry about. However their history of pulling shit like that has cost them the benefit of the doubt in cases like this.[/QUOTE]

neither stutter whatsoever on my ps3 either.

[quote name='guitar1god']Do you still get the 10 off a future order if you buy the used version of Darksiders?[/QUOTE]

Nope - I don't believe so. I think it's just Gamestop.com and it's just new copies.

No sign yet of my code good for $10 off my next online purchase. I ordered two days ago, and tracking info shows delivery today. (I purchased a new copy.) When do you get the code? Looks like I need to call.

EDIT: I called and the guy was confused. He took my order number and gave me a $10 off code.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BanetheInsane']Gamestop.com said:

Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

odd, but I generally accept that their search function sucks and not necessary that it has been taken off. google find this, still look like it is available with the $10 bonus... tho it only state limited time and not a set period... dunno if they will honor it.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71738

if you go use their navigation function, it pulls up nothing, like Action->All.

[quote name='BanetheInsane']Gamestop.com said:

Unfortunately, there were no matches for "darksiders".

Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]
I get the same result when searching for 'competent people'.

I already ordered it a couple days ago with the 36% off feb20, I just thought it was odd how broken their site is right now.

For example, search by platform PS3 and it lists PC games.

The Gamestop site is all jacked up. If you search for "darksiders", it will display all of the versions of the game, but it shows the regular $59.99 price. However, if you add the item to your cart or click on the item detail link, it reverts back to the $39.99 price drop. Kind of odd. They must be having some sort of web issues.

When I click on PS3 games 19.99 or less, it takes me to pc accessories. Yeah, I'd say they are having some issues...

[quote name='saetia']I love how Priority Mail's selling point is that they deliver in 2-3 days.

7 days later, no package...[/QUOTE]

I noticed they're shipping stuff from PA. I just got my Dante's Inferno Tuesday, a full 7 days after launch, granted, I chose free shipping. I'm sure the weather at the end of last week caused some delays..

Just a heads up to everyone in this thread you can still get the bonus stuff (RF:G and bonus Darksiders content) even if you didn't get the coupon code:

http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/codeless-are-not-forgotten

So for those complaining about not getting the code from Gamestop you can still get the bonus content anyways. I'm definitely excited about this myself since I heard a lot of people here complain about gutted and repackaged copies being sold as new and I was worried my copy wouldn't get a coupon. As long as the receipt shows it was sold new you should be able to get the free content anyways. It only lasts until March 7 I think, so don't wait on this. ;)

[quote name='BMXJouster']Just a heads up to everyone in this thread you can still get the bonus stuff (RF:G and bonus Darksiders content) even if you didn't get the coupon code:

So for those complaining about not getting the code from Gamestop you can still get the bonus content anyways. I'm definitely excited about this myself since I heard a lot of people here complain about gutted and repackaged copies being sold as new and I was worried my copy wouldn't get a coupon. As long as the receipt shows it was sold new you should be able to get the free content anyways. It only lasts until March 7 I think, so don't wait on this. ;)[/QUOTE]
Nice find!

Here is the text from the page:

The Codeless are Not Forgotten

Bought a game but didn't get a code? Don't worry. Click here to open and then print a mail-in form. Send the complete form with the following items:

• Your original purchase receipt of a NEW copy of Darksiders
  • The package barcode
  • Shipping and handling costs
Your free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla along with the Hellbook disc should show up in about four weeks from receipt of form and items.
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Just a heads up to everyone in this thread you can still get the bonus stuff (RF:G and bonus Darksiders content) even if you didn't get the coupon code:

So for those complaining about not getting the code from Gamestop you can still get the bonus content anyways. I'm definitely excited about this myself since I heard a lot of people here complain about gutted and repackaged copies being sold as new and I was worried my copy wouldn't get a coupon. As long as the receipt shows it was sold new you should be able to get the free content anyways. It only lasts until March 7 I think, so don't wait on this. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thank you. I don't play FPS due to motion sickness so the missing code wasn't a big deal. The other stuff looks kind of interesting. Now... I just have to decide if it is worth cutting the barcode out of my box... prolly not. but great find nontheless!

[quote name='wasabi5858']Nice! Thank you. I don't play FPS due to motion sickness so the missing code wasn't a big deal. The other stuff looks kind of interesting. Now... I just have to decide if it is worth cutting the barcode out of my box... prolly not. but great find nontheless![/QUOTE]
RF:G was not a FPS, more of an sandbox on Mars, third person

I'm still waiting for the demo to drop before I pick it up - I have enough on my plate that I can wait for it to drop in price again, if needed.

My copy just arrived. It had the "heat gun shrink wrap" which is quite different from every other PS3 game I've opened. No voucher either. Glad we can still get RF:G cheaply.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Just a heads up to everyone in this thread you can still get the bonus stuff (RF:G and bonus Darksiders content) even if you didn't get the coupon code:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see this for the benefit of other CAGs. I was starting to feel a twinge of guilt as I ordered a used copy but still got a working code. It didnt make sense for me to buy a new copy as I already own RF:G (still sealed from Target clearance) and the used+EDGE was ~$10 like the credit w/o the hassle of needing to make another purchase.

Now I'll just give one of my copies to a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back