Darth Vader and Yoda are playable characters in Soul Calibur 4. This is not a joke.

[quote name='metaly']You know who really needs to be a guest character? Ashley Riot.

I would buy out every single copy. THIS IS NOT A BLUFF, NAMCO.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. Obviously I'd be all over that, but he really does fit well. Perhaps with some sort of Shun Di-esque "charge" storing system, where consecutive hits unlock better moves, thereby semi-simulating the Vagrant Story chain/combo system ... oh yes, it could work ...

[quote name='trq']That's a great idea. Obviously I'd be all over that, but he really does fit well. Perhaps with some sort of Shun Di-esque "charge" storing system, where consecutive hits unlock better moves, thereby semi-simulating the Vagrant Story chain/combo system ... oh yes, it could work ...[/quote]

You know what, screw Star Wars. Namco could partner with Square and dump the entire cast of Vagrant Story into Soulcalibur. The universes and aesthetics are similar enough that they'd really work well together, like you said. I'm not familiar with VF, but some kind of import of the chain system would be pretty incredible with the right balance. And everyone knows Namco based guard impact on a really early production version of Vagrant Story's chains.*

I shouldn't think about this too much more because I'm getting way too excited.

*Inaccurate.

[quote name='seanr1221']Eh...not that I care that much about this (I just think it's kind of stupid) I'm not agreeing with this comparison. Sonic and Snake are in a game filled with various other characters from other videogames. If this was like...a star trek fighting game and these 2 showed up it would make more sense.[/QUOTE]
It's better than nothing. :)

Speaking of Soul Calibur 2:

11114916156555sk0.jpg

I cant quite find the data for 3, but I did see it once a long time ago. I believe it was worse than just the PS2 sales for SC2. Much worse. I could be wrong though, since I dont have it in front of me. It couldnt been much better though.

The whole "it cuts through metal" argument doesn't work.

There are plenty of characters with cloth or no armor.

I believe it has something to do with energy fields or something protecting their flesh until they are defeated (hence the traditional life bar).

I always enjoyed SC, but they need to trim the fat, get rid of that RPG-junk they had in 3, also the "story" mode in 2 blew goats.

Give me a basic 10-20 battle single player (w/ branching story), tons of cool challenges (like fight the giant Greek statue) and tons of unlockables and I'm happy.

SC is always a good time, although Power Stone 3 would be the greatest thing ever.

I really liked the weapons master mode in the original Soul Blade. The RTS thing with non related characters in SC3 wasn't very fun and more like a chore to open up all the customizable goodies. The weapon master mode, in Soul Blade was sweet because of all different ending you could get and all the weapons you collected along the way.

I do hope they have the create a character in this again as it was one of the most entertaining parts of SC3. I'm surprise that the partnership between Namco and Capcom (like in Namco X Capcom game) didn't result in Capcom characters in this game. If SC4 supports downloadable content, maybe we can see some awesome guest characters join the cast of the game.

[quote name='MadFlava']I do hope they have the create a character in this again as it was one of the most entertaining parts of SC3. I'm surprise that the partnership between Namco and Capcom (like in Namco X Capcom game) didn't result in Capcom characters in this game. If SC4 supports downloadable content, maybe we can see some awesome guest characters join the cast of the game.[/QUOTE]

I believe ... the most recent EGM maybe? ... stated that Yoda/Vader would eventually be available as DLC on both consoles, quite possibly followed by more Star Wars characters. They seemed pretty confident saying that (it wasn't in the rumor section, for one), so we'll see.

bread's done
Back