Dave Thomas rolls in grave as Arby's buys Wendy's for 2.34B

[quote name='Serialkilla']
I don't understand the Arby's hate. I'll eat there before I set foot in ANY of the big 3. The only problem I have with the Arby's near me is that there's a Carl's Jr. and Jack in The Box within 1/4 mile of them (not to mention a damn good Chinese take-out). Makes my decision tough if I want fast food. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I pretty much never go to McDonalds, very seldom go to Wendys and only occasionally go to Burger King. Problem with BK is all I like is their Angus Burger, and it's so pricey I'm better off going to a real burger joing like Five Guys or Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger and spending a couple bucks more for better meat.

Only gripe with Arby's is they ditched their regular fries and only have the curly fries now. I hate the seasoning on those things.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']To quote The Simpsons: I'm so hungry I could eat Arbys.

I actually like Arbys though. Hopefully they'll crack the whip and get those fucking assholes at Wendy's to make those Ranch/Caesar pitas again.[/quote]

OMG! You're the first person to remember those delicious Pitas from Wendy's. I've been saddened every day since they got rid of them. I loved the Greek one, the Ranch one was great as well. I can't remember the other two, but they were the bomb as well.

Now i'm waiting on the baconator with roast beef on it. I'm really surprised that Arbys could afford to buy wendys. Most Arbys in my area are run down and the buildings haven't been updated since the 70s. I guess when you charge as much as they do you probably make a good amount of cash.

[quote name='Layd Dly']shouldnt this be Wendys buying Arby's i like arbys and all but they are definatley lower tier than wendys.[/QUOTE]
i've been reading the wall street journal since freshman year...(fuckING SCHOOL CHARGES BUSINESS STUDENTS) and Wendys has been doing PISS POOR the past few years. Losing BIG money since Dave died.

And there was an internal struggle over the direction of the company. You can tell by the quick change from "HOT, JUICY BURGER!!!" to the calmed down approach to women and families.

Funny shit really.

*And thanks to the WSJ I was ahead of the curve when it came to circuit city on the verge of being bought out. I love this shit....

[quote name='Layd Dly']shouldnt this be Wendys buying Arby's i like arbys and all but they are definatley lower tier than wendys.[/QUOTE]

Lower tier in what sense? Most of the Arby's around here are pretty nice and the food is more expensive than Wendy's.

If you mean in success, then yes I'd have though Wendy's would have had more cash around since American's love greasy, fast food burgers so much. But again, who would have though IHOP had the bank to buy Applebee's?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']OMG! You're the first person to remember those delicious Pitas from Wendy's. I've been saddened every day since they got rid of them. I loved the Greek one, the Ranch one was great as well. I can't remember the other two, but they were the bomb as well.[/QUOTE]

He's not alone, we used to eat at Wendy's all the time for their ranch pitas. I was very sad as well when they discontinued them.

I've always liked Arby's, but since they had the low-price pick 5 or whatever menu they've gone downhill in quality. I used to hardly eat at Arby's because it was more expensive than other fast-food restaurants, but now I can eat there more often and the food isn't as good....

[quote name='strongpimphand']i've been reading the wall street journal since freshman year...(fuckING SCHOOL CHARGES BUSINESS STUDENTS) and Wendys has been doing PISS POOR the past few years. Losing BIG money since Dave died.

And there was an internal struggle over the direction of the company. You can tell by the quick change from "HOT, JUICY BURGER!!!" to the calmed down approach to women and families.

Funny shit really.

*And thanks to the WSJ I was ahead of the curve when it came to circuit city on the verge of being bought out. I love this shit....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we get the WSJ for free at my business school. I squeal with delight inside whenever I read of CC's woes in it.

[quote name='strongpimphand']i've been reading the wall street journal since freshman year...(fuckING SCHOOL CHARGES BUSINESS STUDENTS) and Wendys has been doing PISS POOR the past few years. Losing BIG money since Dave died.

Funny shit really.

*And thanks to the WSJ I was ahead of the curve when it came to circuit city on the verge of being bought out. I love this shit....[/quote]

You could have figured out CC's dilemma just by stepping foot into one of their stores. No employees to help the shoppers, having to be rung up at customer service instead of at a proper checkout stand, etc.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']He's not alone, we used to eat at Wendy's all the time for their ranch pitas. I was very sad as well when they discontinued them.[/quote]

I've cried inside every time I have driven past a Wendy's since they stopped carrying them. Anybody know why they discontinued that delicious menu item? I don't even know if certain parts of the country still get it, as certain McDonald's do with certain menu items. Also, why haven't they brought it back, even as a temporary promotion like the RibWich...er McRib?

[quote name='AmanoUsagi']If Wendy's changes i will cry. They are the only fast food place that I will eat at.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Their dollar menu has gotten me through college - there's one a few minutes from my apartment and another in the basement of the student union. The cheap cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches are lifesavers on nights when I don't have time or desire to cook.

There's one Arby's in town; it's far from campus, tiny, and ancient. Given the choice between the two of them, it's an easy pick.

I'm hoping that Arby's doesn't change Wendy's significantly; given that the two chains have some big differences in menu items, we can only hope that's what comes to pass.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Who knew that hot juicy redhead was for sale.[/quote]

She's been for sale for years, she just hides it well. The clown is her pimp afterall.

Extra_Value_Combo_Alpha_by_Lysol_Jones.jpg

Wow, I can't believe so many people were fans of the pitas. I loved them and it fucking sucked when they discontinued them.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'd assume the profit margin wasn't high enough on the Pita's to keep them on the menu for whatever reason.[/quote]

The ingredients were probably expensive as hell. Especially that chicken. They had a moderate price on them, but probably not high enough to keep them on the menu. Still probably cheaper than a Beef & Cheddar without a coupon tomake a dent. The pitas went away a short time after debuting and were brought back later for another short run. Hopefully the Arbys funding injection (better than a beef injection ;)) will bring them back.

Wendys seemed to like setting up the menu with a lot of shit that had shared ingredients. Like the chili meat being literally the burger meat...sometimes you'd find a "corner" of meat in the chili. Most of that meat is just burgers that fell apart.

Employee: "Manager, my meat broke."
Manager: "Toss that shit in the chili bucket. And go mop up that Frostee spill."

Jamocha shake > Frostee

bread's done
Back