Dawdle's Wii Giveaway

dawdledotcom

CAG Veteran
You've probably seen our ads here, but hey...

wii-giveaway.gif

Dawdle, a totally new online marketplace by gamers, for gamers, is giving away a Wii, just in time for Christmas!

Entries are real simple - every time you list something for sale on Dawdle, you're automatically entered to win a Wii. The more you list, the more entries you get. That's it - no coupon codes, no special links, nothing.

http://www.dawdle.com/wii-giveaway/

On Dawdle, you can list stuff for sale in seconds, and you can always edit or remove a listing at any time, with no penalties. We also have waived all of our listing fees through the end of the year, so there's no risk - list your stuff quickly, and you only pay a commission when the item sells.

home-how.jpg

http://www.dawdle.com/help/how-to-dawdle.php

Happy Dawdling - just reply in the thread if you have any questions. I'm going to bed now, but I'll try to wake up as soon as I can and answer any questions. *yawn* Goodnight, CAG.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Dawdle/Platform/prweb567002.htm
http://www.killerstartups.com/eCommerce/dawdle--Auction-Site-Gets-What-You-Want/
http://mashable.com/2007/11/14/dawdle/

And here's our "logo" on the Child's Play Website ( http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ ) -

logoslv_dawdle.png

We're a TRUSTe licensee ( http://www.truste.org/ivalidate.php?url=www.dawdle.com&sealid=101 ) and have a Verisign Extended Validation certificate ( https://seal.verisign.com/splash?form_file=fdf/splash.fdf&dn=WWW.DAWDLE.COM&lang=en ).

Yeah, we're new, but we're real.

And we think we've built something pretty cool. Our killer app: you can bid for something first - then we, Dawdle, go out and try to find sellers willing to sell at your price. If we find one, you win, automatically. It's like placing a bid on a hundred auctions all at once, but without worrying that you're going to win eighty-two of them and end up with a lot of something where you only wanted one.

Hmmm I have some items to place up for "bidding"

Maybe I'll give it a try ... couldn't hurt could it? :D

My question is, after you place the bid you would like to buy the item at, condition and all that good stuff, how long does it stay in the system that you want the item for that price?

I'm willing to give them a shot just for their humor factor alone...I mean c'mon what other game-selling-trading site would have this type of info in their FAQ:

"If you do a search for "zelda," we know that you're probably not all that interested in the CD-i games, unless you specifically told us you were (by typing in "cd-i zelda"). That said, if you really want a copy of Wand of Gamelon, please find help. It's so terrible, it's beyond the line of "so bad it's good."

Priceless stuff :)

I haven't even been to your website yet, but no matter what it's about I'm signing up. Anyone that uses that knock on Gamestop as a logo is ok with me! Best logo ever.

The only thing that has me concerned is this, the fee structure. While it's easy to follow it does seem a bit high still. I'll have to try it out. This along with CAG/Goozex/eBay may complete my game-selling-trading-buying cycle.

"Dawdle has no hidden fees and fees are a small percentage, 11.99%, of the final sale value, covering all costs to the seller (the 50 cent insertion fee is credited against the final sale value fee)."

I realize that eBay has like a 5% ending fee and a 3+% Paypal fee, but even still nearly 12% (let's face it 11.99% is 12%) seems a bit high still. For the buyers though this may be a really, really great site if it works out well. Time will tell.

[quote name='strikeratt']Hmmm I have some items to place up for "bidding"

Maybe I'll give it a try ... couldn't hurt could it? :D

My question is, after you place the bid you would like to buy the item at, condition and all that good stuff, how long does it stay in the system that you want the item for that price?[/quote]

You get to pick how long it's in the system - under 1. Choose Your Criteria on any Product Page, you can select your bid duration. It can be as short as 3 hours or as long as a month (technically, 30 days). And you can always edit or remove a bid from MyDawdle.

[quote name='AlphakirA']I haven't even been to your website yet, but no matter what it's about I'm signing up. Anyone that uses that knock on Gamestop as a logo is ok with me! Best logo ever.[/quote]

*courtsies* :D

Hey Dawdle, I just sent an email to you guys but maybe I should ask here instead...

Is there any way to show people (who aren't members of Dawdle for instance) my entire list of games that I’m selling on there? I realize it won’t show them the prices obviously, but is there such an option on the site to share your collections/sales list with outsiders/insiders/visitors? Please let me know if you get the chance because this would be a really useful feature to me and I haven't yet figured out a way to do it. Thanks!

=JJ=

[quote name='goomba478']The only thing that has me concerned is this, the fee structure. While it's easy to follow it does seem a bit high still. I'll have to try it out. This along with CAG/Goozex/eBay may complete my game-selling-trading-buying cycle.

"Dawdle has no hidden fees and fees are a small percentage, 11.99%, of the final sale value, covering all costs to the seller (the 50 cent insertion fee is credited against the final sale value fee)."

I realize that eBay has like a 5% ending fee and a 3+% Paypal fee, but even still nearly 12% (let's face it 11.99% is 12%) seems a bit high still. For the buyers though this may be a really, really great site if it works out well. Time will tell.[/quote]

Well, 11.99% is a lot less than the 15+% for Half.com and Amazon Marketplace. Amazon, in particular, loads all sorts of per-transaction fees. Those are the listings that really should be on Dawdle instead, just based on the similarity in seller process and the fact that, yeah, we *are* cheaper.

eBay's 20 cent listing fee and PayPal's 30 cent per-transaction fee can really add up. We're not trying to compete on price, but for items that sell on our site for $13.04 or less, we're even cheaper than eBay. (Yeah, I did the math just now.)

We're trying to win business based on the fact that we believe we've built a better mousetrap - we allow you to sell to buyers when they come to our site first. No other site can do that. Our item conditions are specific to gaming with terms like "Complete" or "Core Items, Minimal Damage" - not something silly like "Excellent" or "Fair." And we make terrible jokes - so you know that there are actually people on the other side. Here, call us: 312-533-4810. That's my direct line. I'm at home now, but I'll be in by 10am CT.

Cheers,
Sachin

[quote name='goomba478']Hey Dawdle, I just sent an email to you guys but maybe I should ask here instead...

Is there any way to show people (who aren't members of Dawdle for instance) my entire list of games that I’m selling on there? I realize it won’t show them the prices obviously, but is there such an option on the site to share your collections/sales list with outsiders/insiders/visitors? Please let me know if you get the chance because this would be a really useful feature to me and I haven't yet figured out a way to do it. Thanks!

=JJ=
[/quote]

Not yet - but we're working on it. Doesn't make sense to ask for your AIM username and Xbox Live Gamertag and whatnot if we don't have really awesome profile pages. :)

[quote name='bmulligan']Has this been "authorized" by Cheapy ? You'd think it would be a front pager if it were.[/quote]

You know, I never asked when I gave him the heads up before we launched that we'd be all over CAG. It just never occured to me to ask. I'll PM him now. Thanks!

Thanks for the great replies :) and phone number. Don't worry, I won't be calling you anytime soon but still nice of you to put it out there. I look forward to watching your site grow.

The price comparison wasn't to diss you guys at all by the way ^_^ I'm just a price-conscious sort of Goomba who tries to figure out the best ways to save money. You're right that your service does offer a lot of unique benefits so I plan to use it in the near future (listed about ten games so far) and see how it goes. If I sell the games on eBay or Goozex in the meantime I'll just take them off one-by-one. Thanks for the opportunity to try something new :)

I bid on some items ... gotta get some info today to list some items.

This site is about 10000 times easier to use then Ebay ... easy to list and bid. Takes a while to get use to the pricing system but I eventually and I'm pretty sure fully understand it. Only took about 10 mins actually to get everything down pact.

I like it and I can't think of a time I've ever tried something as new as this. In this case though, it just feels right.

Down with the Bay of E's!

It really does have a very nice feel to it. I hope it catches on too because it's ultra convenient to list games/systems on there ^_^

It seems like a good eBay alternative, for when a game isn't getting matched on Goozex (my first choice for game trading). My problem is I'd much rather have payments/sales be attached to my Paypal account, rather than a credit card and bank account.

Everybody, thanks for the kind comments! Much appreciated.

The issue we have with PayPal for purchases is that we can't automatically have you win a listing that comes after you make a bid. Since we're all about ease of use - place your bid and we'll find the sellers for you (no more bidding and losing on auctions over and over again) - we need to use credit cards, which have this capability.

As for depositing sales proceeds with PayPal, we're looking into it. We're also evaluating a couple of other options to do something similar.

I'm tryin to find a copy of "The Guy Game" and it isnt even showing up when I search for it on yer site. (Note - Xbox version.)

[quote name='dawdledotcom']
As for depositing sales proceeds with PayPal, we're looking into it. We're also evaluating a couple of other options to do something similar.[/quote]
I'm not too keen on giving out my checking account information to anyone. If you get setup with PayPal, I'll try it.

[quote name='Justden']I'm not too keen on giving out my checking account information to anyone. If you get setup with PayPal, I'll try it.[/quote]

Are you saying... we can't use PayPal? :O

[quote name='georox']Are you saying... we can't use PayPal? :O[/quote]

Nope, not quite yet. Neither Half.com nor Amazon Marketplace does either. on eBay, it's a totally separate process than the actual bidding process; even though eBay owns PayPal, they're two separate processes. You can "sell" an item to a winning bidder, but the winning bidder doesn't actually have to pay you and all you can do is leave negative feedback. With us (or Half and Amazon), you'll never get an e-mail saying that you sold an item until we've actually charged the buyer's credit card.

Since we process the transaction on your behalf, it's a little harder to integrate with PayPal in such a way that we can be sure that you get paid. The nice thing about using checking accounts is that they've been around for so long that there are plenty of tools that allow us to verify all payments. PayPal, from our perspective, is kind of a black box. There are cases where we can submit payments to PayPal and not be sure that the money was actually deposited in your PayPal account. The money can actually kind of disappear.

Have you ever submitted a payment via PayPal and the other guy says "I don't have it" and you say "Fine, I'll try again"? Multiply that by a thousand and you can see the issue. :)

[quote name='georox']I'm tryin to find a copy of "The Guy Game" and it isnt even showing up when I search for it on yer site. (Note - Xbox version.)[/quote]

AMG classifies The Guy Game as an X/Adult title. We don't support adult titles because of the large variation in what is X/Adult in PC games - you don't have to submit a game to ESRB to release it for an open platform (which the PC is as there's no certification process).

So, sorry. This is kind of an unintended consequence of our trying to be safe. We'll look into revisiting our policy for console games. It never occured to me that there may be X/Adult titles that *were* ESRB rated. Not saying that we'll change it, but I can say that we'll look into it. It's the best I can do. I hope you understand.

I haven't visited the site yet, but sounds like you guys got a good gameplan. Out of curiosity, what kind of plan do you guys have in place for disputes and dispute resolution.

ie- If a buyer does something stupid like do a chargeback with his CC, is there any penalty to him? And what about if I buy something and the seller decides to try and scam me and send me an empty box. What recourse is there on the buyer's end?

[quote name='Warner1281']I haven't visited the site yet, but sounds like you guys got a good gameplan. Out of curiosity, what kind of plan do you guys have in place for disputes and dispute resolution.

ie- If a buyer does something stupid like do a chargeback with his CC, is there any penalty to him? And what about if I buy something and the seller decides to try and scam me and send me an empty box. What recourse is there on the buyer's end?[/quote]

Yeah, we have the benefit of watching what a lot of other people have done. Also, my personal experience trying to sell my PSP was so painful that we didn't have to do a ton of research. :)

Good questions. Let me start with the recourse question - we hold payment to the seller for 14 days, or until the buyer submits neutral or positive feedback, before clearing it for payment. We submit EFT / ACH payments on the 1st and 15th of every month. This gives us the ability to hold funds or reverse the transaction if need be. That said, we believe that is a worst-case scenario.

We provide the seller's contact information in every winning bid e-mail, so there's no need for a buyer to formally submit a dispute; they have the seller's information and can contact them directly. As with other sites, the fear of negative feedback will spur a good seller to try to work with you. But in that small percentage of cases where you have a bad experience *and* the seller won't resolve it to your satisfaction, we can step in and make things right by you.

As far as chargebacks - those chargebacks go against us, Dawdle, and not the seller directly. We'll obviously work with the credit card company and the buyer to resolve any issues. Abuse of chargebacks can result in account review, suspension, or termination. At some point, someone who abuses the chargeback goes from someone who's had a few bad experiences to a problem buyer. We have a very easy dispute resolution system - just submit something through the Contact Us form. That'll create a ticket that we can track. We're set up to make things right for people with our internal tools; there's no need to initiate a chargeback.

Think about adding PayPal to your payment system. It's the only one I trust online, so you will probably get a lot of money from other members if you offered it.

Having no Paypal is fine by me, because I actually like the direct bank deposit option. My only issue is that with selling new games, you have to have get really lucky to actually make any money. Take for instance my first sale on Dawdle (which was done as a "getting my feet wet" kind of test). I listed a brand new copy of Zack and Wiki up (which I bought new for $39.99 + 6% Tax in Connecticut). I listed it for a minimum of $38.00 (taking a small loss, but just wanted to test the system).

The item sold and the standard $3.00 shipping was added so I received a total of $41.00 for a game that cost me $42.39 total (including tax). On top of this fact is the fact that the 12% fee comes out of the item + shipping (how is this fair really when the shipping is so close to actual shipping that when you include the bubble mailer, many games shipped at $3.00 will actually cost the seller more than $3.00). So in total out of the $41.00, I was able to keep $36.08

Summary:
Buy game for $42.39
Sell game for $41.00
Actually receive $36.08 - $3.00 Actual shipping = $33.08
----------------------------
Total Profit = -9.31

Not exactly tempting for selling new games. Perhaps used games could be a better profit margin, but I still feel that the 12% thing is a bit much. I realize you guys are a new site though so obviously you have growing pains, but you may in the future want to edge it down a bit and not include the shipping fees with the final fee calculation. Also, I realize now you're letting sellers wave the 0.50 listing fee, but it seems that fee would just be adding insult to injury in the long run.

Time will tell, but so far I'm having a hard time understanding how Dawdle works out better for the seller, aside from the obvious convenience of listing many games quickly and having the sales come directly to you. May be a convenient service (it is for sure) but I'm not sure it's going to be a profitable one for sellers. Good luck though :) I'd like to hear from someone else who had a more positive experience ^_^

Goozex comparision:

Also, I know you guys aren't competing with Goozex directly because they're a trade site and you guys are letting sellers collect cold-hard-cash for their games, but just a comparison on the value trade difference.

On Goozex for the same game (Zack and Wiki) I could have received 800 points ($40 equivalent) even if my game was used...I would only have to pay out the shipping costs for the game ($3.00 estimated) and in total I would net $37.00 total for the game. True, the $37 wouldn't be cash, it'd be credit, but the overall value of the credits could be credited towards another game right away (which let's face it, most of us ARE gamers so we are going to buy games again with our hard-earned money).

$37.00 vs. $33.08 is a big difference, and that's just for one game.

The thing is though (where Dawdle may edge out similar sites) is that you guys also allow sellers to list systems, peripherals and accessories. That's something Goozex doesn't do yet and most other trading sites, so I may end up just using Dawdle for selling systems and such. Good luck CAGs, at least we have a new option for selling :)

[quote name='dawdledotcom']AMG classifies The Guy Game as an X/Adult title. We don't support adult titles because of the large variation in what is X/Adult in PC games - you don't have to submit a game to ESRB to release it for an open platform (which the PC is as there's no certification process).

So, sorry. This is kind of an unintended consequence of our trying to be safe. We'll look into revisiting our policy for console games. It never occured to me that there may be X/Adult titles that *were* ESRB rated. Not saying that we'll change it, but I can say that we'll look into it. It's the best I can do. I hope you understand.[/quote]

I know "The Guy Game" holds an ESRB Rating of "M" for Mature (17+) on the Xbox and PS2 as it was actually sold in retail outlets.

Search it on ESRB.org =P

[quote name='FeNoM91']Think about adding PayPal to your payment system. It's the only one I trust online, so you will probably get a lot of money from other members if you offered it.[/quote]

Once we can figure out a way to confirm that payments we submit to PayPal actually go to your account 100% of the time, we'll add it. Like I said, we're working with them (and some other vendors) to find a way to do this.

[quote name='goomba478']Having no Paypal is fine by me, because I actually like the direct bank deposit option. My only issue is that with selling new games, you have to have get really lucky to actually make any money. Take for instance my first sale on Dawdle (which was done as a "getting my feet wet" kind of test). I listed a brand new copy of Zack and Wiki up (which I bought new for $39.99 + 6% Tax in Connecticut). I listed it for a minimum of $38.00 (taking a small loss, but just wanted to test the system).

The item sold and the standard $3.00 shipping was added so I received a total of $41.00 for a game that cost me $42.39 total (including tax). On top of this fact is the fact that the 12% fee comes out of the item + shipping (how is this fair really when the shipping is so close to actual shipping that when you include the bubble mailer, many games shipped at $3.00 will actually cost the seller more than $3.00). So in total out of the $41.00, I was able to keep $36.08

Summary:
Buy game for $42.39
Sell game for $41.00
Actually receive $36.08 - $3.00 Actual shipping = $33.08
----------------------------
Total Profit = -9.31

Not exactly tempting for selling new games. Perhaps used games could be a better profit margin, but I still feel that the 12% thing is a bit much. I realize you guys are a new site though so obviously you have growing pains, but you may in the future want to edge it down a bit and not include the shipping fees with the final fee calculation. Also, I realize now you're letting sellers wave the 0.50 listing fee, but it seems that fee would just be adding insult to injury in the long run.

Time will tell, but so far I'm having a hard time understanding how Dawdle works out better for the seller, aside from the obvious convenience of listing many games quickly and having the sales come directly to you. May be a convenient service (it is for sure) but I'm not sure it's going to be a profitable one for sellers. Good luck though :) I'd like to hear from someone else who had a more positive experience ^_^[/quote]

Totally fair and understandable - yeah, it may make more sense for used games. That said, there are stores who buy games from their distributors at lower prices and can't sell them in-store, so they still make money selling new games online. As gamers, we generally play our games before we sell them. (Your best bet would have just been to return the game to the store, no?)

As to shipping, $2.64 should be more than enough to cover a game in bubble wrap via First Class Mail. The reason we take the 12% off of the shipping was to make the math easier on the match. We were originally going to do $2.50 S&H (our tests had >90% go out for $2.16 or less), but it was easier to code to make it $3 and just take 12% off of the whole amount.

I just looked for Zack and Wiki on eBay, and new copies were listed at $35.49 with $6.99(!) for S&H. That's nothing short of deceptive - you see it listed at $35 and change and are like "that's a good deal", but then you have to look at the fine print to see the shipping charges.

Also, the 50 cent listing fee won't be additional. It's just that the first 50 cents of the commission would be paid up front. We did that after talking to a lot of "pro sellers" who noticed that there are people on Half and Amazon who list stuff for sale that they don't have. When it sells, they then go out and try to buy the order to fulfill it. Having a small charge up-front, that you get back, is a way of making it harder to list stuff you don't physically have.

[quote name='goomba478']Goozex comparision:

Also, I know you guys aren't competing with Goozex directly because they're a trade site and you guys are letting sellers collect cold-hard-cash for their games, but just a comparison on the value trade difference.

On Goozex for the same game (Zack and Wiki) I could have received 800 points ($40 equivalent) even if my game was used...I would only have to pay out the shipping costs for the game ($3.00 estimated) and in total I would net $37.00 total for the game. True, the $37 wouldn't be cash, it'd be credit, but the overall value of the credits could be credited towards another game right away (which let's face it, most of us ARE gamers so we are going to buy games again with our hard-earned money).

$37.00 vs. $33.08 is a big difference, and that's just for one game.

The thing is though (where Dawdle may edge out similar sites) is that you guys also allow sellers to list systems, peripherals and accessories. That's something Goozex doesn't do yet and most other trading sites, so I may end up just using Dawdle for selling systems and such. Good luck CAGs, at least we have a new option for selling :)[/quote]

Yeah, it's not easy to support hardware - which is why none of those trading sites do it. We keep selling Wiis on Dawdle - it's just nuts. Our selling prices tend to be around $320 - lots of people listing them at $300 rather than the $350 you see on other sites. Our guess is that it's because we don't make people pay listing fees and create a listing with pictures and all that and no one needs to see a picture of a NIB Wii anyway - you know it's not beat up; it's still in the box. That said, we've started seeing our listing prices creep up recently.

The issue with trading sites is that the people with the most inventory - the mom and pop video game stores with a bunch of NES and Genesis and Super NES cartridges in stock - one, can't trade their old stuff and two, have no interest in trading their old stuff for other common old stuff. Cold-hard-cash is the way to go.

If you know you're gonna "spend" your proceeds on another game on Goozex, go for it - but if you want to take your proceeds and buy a controller or a baseball cap or dinner for your SO, we think we're a much better option.

[quote name='georox']I know "The Guy Game" holds an ESRB Rating of "M" for Mature (17+) on the Xbox and PS2 as it was actually sold in retail outlets.

Search it on ESRB.org =P[/quote]

Yup, I looked into it and you're absolutely right. I agree with you - it should be on our site.

It's just a matter of database management as to whether or not we can technically allow ESRB M-rated "Adult/X" games on the site without creating some unintended consequences. As I said, we'll look into it. We just never thought of this scenario, so I can't say whether or not this is an easy change for our data import mechanism from AMG or not. (It's very easy to write a blanket statement of "no Adult/X"; it's harder when you need to finesse it.)

[quote name='magiic']no Canada support FTL[/quote]
Trust me, I'm not happy about this either. :whistle2:( Our head technical guy used to live in London, ON and goes back there all the time (he's there right now, actually). All games work in the US and Canada, since we share Region 1 encoding. We should have Canadian support.

Problem is that a fixed-rate USPS First Class mailing stops at the border. Other sites just say "ship it to this guy". We ask the buyer to cover the S&H fees. It costs, as I said, ~$2.16 to ship most games First Class within the USA and APO/FPO destinations. Once we cross the border, you have to go Priority Mail and it becomes a zone/weight/destination nightmare to calculate on the fly. So for now, we add in the costs to ship within the USA to the seller's minimum price. We've already had people tell us we were charging too little for certain things. (Halo 3 Legendary Edition cannot be shipped for three bucks - there's a big gold helmet in the box. Duh.)

We need to build in dynamic shipping rates/policies depending on who the buyer and seller are. Once we can get the data model for dynamic international shipping built, we'll be supporting Canada immediately.

I signed up, and im listing all my games that i have and want to sell.
so am i added to the sweepstakes?
and is this site legit?

[quote name='BernardB89']I signed up, and im listing all my games that i have and want to sell.
so am i added to the sweepstakes?
and is this site legit?[/quote]
Yup, it's legit. The VeriSign Extended Validation, the TRUSTe license, the AMG data license, the payment processing, the coding, and the hosting all cost a pretty penny. Oh, and the ads. :D

You get an entry for every item you list for sale, not just for registration. This allows us to let our existing users also participate in our giveaway. We want everyone to have an equal chance to win, just for doing what they were doing anyway.

cool....man if only i can find someone(real life) whod buy my old Xbox and all my games for it(about 20)
I want to get a 360 soo bad...

well anyway, cool :)

Just wanted to say that you gave great counter-arguments to the points I raised. For the record I wasn't trying to knock your site :) I've actually listed about ten games there and will continue to do so. I just was interested in trying to point out what may be viewed as potential flaws to CAGs as we are the most famous for being penny-pinchers.

Still, you are right about the issue about consoles, selling new games and also about the advantages to not having to jump through hoops to list an item. I'm glad you corrected me about the 50 cent listing fee as well.

I still feel the 12% is a bit steep, but it may be justified if you guys build a large community as other trading/selling sites have. For now I think I'll just list the games that don't typically sell well on eBay or have LONG lines on Goozex. That way, like you said, I can pick up some spare cash on the side to go along with my gaming. I could actually use a new baseball cap ^_^

[quote name='goomba478']Just wanted to say that you gave great counter-arguments to the points I raised. For the record I wasn't trying to knock your site :) I've actually listed about ten games there and will continue to do so. I just was interested in trying to point out what may be viewed as potential flaws to CAGs as we are the most famous for being penny-pinchers.

Still, you are right about the issue about consoles, selling new games and also about the advantages to not having to jump through hoops to list an item. I'm glad you corrected me about the 50 cent listing fee as well.

I still feel the 12% is a bit steep, but it may be justified if you guys build a large community as other trading/selling sites have. For now I think I'll just list the games that don't typically sell well on eBay or have LONG lines on Goozex. That way, like you said, I can pick up some spare cash on the side to go along with my gaming. I could actually use a new baseball cap ^_^[/quote]
Thanks a lot, goomba. Much appreciated. Praise is good - but informed discussion and praise is great.

The one thing I'd like to point out about our 12% (in addition to the fact that we think we deliver value for the dollar and we're cheaper across the board over Half and Amazon) is that we're also cheaper than eBay for your low selling price stuff.

As I said before, something around ~$13 is the breakeven point. So any game (or accessory or even a game system) you sell for $10 or less before S&H will net you more cash than you would get on eBay for the exact same transaction - and we guarantee payment every time.

We think we've built a great site with lots of ease of use. Now, we're focused on building a great community of Dawdlers to go along with that. You'll see our ads pretty ubquitously this upcoming week (starting 12/03), so it's probably worth listing your stuff sooner rather than later (Wii giveaway aside) so you can sell to all the new traffic that should be coming.

[quote name='major maz']some how I bought my own item! Please help me out dawdle![/quote]

Just so everyone knows, major maz didn't buy his own item. Maz submitted a bid to purchase Gears of War instead of clicking the green button to list his copy.

I want to assure CAGs that our system is set up so that you can't buy your own items, but I wanted to make sure that we investigated this first.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to post some links:

How to Buy on Dawdle

How to Sell on Dawdle

The seller, understandably, is very disappointed because he thought he had a sale. (And he has every right to get paid and ship out the item since it was purchased.) Because maz is a CAG, we're working with the seller of the item to see if we can come to a resolution that's fair. We'll figure something out.

But, please: don't bid on stuff you don't want to buy and don't list stuff you don't want to sell! :D

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Yay - buyer and seller worked it out.

Because Dawdle always provides the other party's contact information in a confirmation e-mail, buyers and sellers can resolve disputes quickly and easily without Dawdle having to get in the way.

This way, bad feelings don't arise and people aren't using feedback for retaliation. I think everyone's happy with the outcome.

Stupid question time - If I place a bid on something, when someone listing it ends, does it go to the person with the bid the highest on it, or do they place a minimum or what? I mean right now it seems kinda random and mysterious on how I'm bidding and if/when/how/maybe I'll get anything... o_O

I think it's like if the seller puts "auto accept" then once you put a bid in that reaches their minimum selling point they will automatically match up with you. If you're under their asking fee then it keeps you in the system until a seller has a price that meets your asking buying price. It takes a while to match up, but it's a good system in theory :) I sold one item so far myself and it went relatively quick but now I have had no sales for a couple weeks hmmm.

[quote name='goomba478']I think it's like if the seller puts "auto accept" then once you put a bid in that reaches their minimum selling point they will automatically match up with you. If you're under their asking fee then it keeps you in the system until a seller has a price that meets your asking buying price. It takes a while to match up, but it's a good system in theory :) I sold one item so far myself and it went relatively quick but now I have had no sales for a couple weeks hmmm.[/quote]

Not enough people bidding it seems ... find some friends that need the games you have for sale and tell them of the site.

Their faces will be priceless when you just go up and hand deliever the games :D

bread's done
Back