Dawn of War 2 - £5.00 (~$5 w/ coupon) at THQ UK store (Temporarily? Dead)

Hydro2Oxide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html

I honestly have no clue how this works if you're not from the UK. I can't imagine them denying you it though. Also, keys can be registered on Steam so I'd imagine that applies here as well.

EDIT: Confirmed to work regardless of country.

[quote name='Rirse']Guess this coupon code knocks two more dollars off the price.

MYTHQ-73853-WHPTB[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Regarding the Dawn of War II deal on THQ-UK:

quote:
We have been informed that we have run out of activation keys for this game, that is why every purchase attempt was rejected or cancelled.

If you have found a charge on your bank statement, rest assured that your money is soon going to reappear in your account (please allow up to 10 days).

In case the charge is still pending after this period, do not hesitate to contact us again and we will investigate further.

On the other hand, we are waiting for the publisher to provide us with new keys, and we hope to receive them during this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay of our answer and we invite you to try to purchase the game again at a later time.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to access the bonus content through Steam? The download key for it doesn't work .... I don't really care that much, as I just wanted to get the main game. I saw the link for troubleshooting it, but it was overly involved and I just want to know if there's a simple fix for getting the bonus content through Steam?

[quote name='etcrane']Any way to access the bonus content through Steam? The download key for it doesn't work .... I don't really care that much, as I just wanted to get the main game. I saw the link for troubleshooting it, but it was overly involved and I just want to know if there's a simple fix for getting the bonus content through Steam?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried entering it in GFWL (which the game requires as well)?

[quote name='MannishBoy']Have you tried entering it in GFWL (which the game requires as well)?[/QUOTE]

No, I'll give that a try, it's still downloading so once it wraps up I'll check that out, thanks!

Sweet, just tried it and it worked perfectly ... damn, this was a hell of a deal, thanks OP & Mannish.

[quote name='etcrane']No, I'll give that a try, it's still downloading so once it wraps up I'll check that out, thanks![/QUOTE]

Just a guess. Not sure if it will work or not, as I didn't buy this one on this sale.

i can't even run it and i picked it up. I bought DOW1 on clearance for about the same price at Target a year or two ago (Platinum Edition!) and couldn't run it then. Now i can. Guess i'll be playing this in a few years... thanks OP :D

[quote name='Ryukahn']They are[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MannishBoy']The game uses Steam for matchmaking, GFWL for achievements. So both are always resident. Hit Home to see the GFWL overlay, Shift+tab for Steam overlay.

Kind of crazy.[/QUOTE]

Cool...thanks for the details.

[quote name='Whipper']I try to order and it refuses my payment and I haven't gotten any email. Maybe my Visa gift card doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

did you activate it? double check your balance. those things are quirky.

[quote name='CDiablo']This game was worth the $50 I paid for it, and I never pay full price.[/QUOTE]

im really enjoying it so far im maybe 2 hours in. its more action oriented than the first dow. just fun.

Bought it through PP and downloading it through Steam now.

The extra code got me a Starcraft 2 Beta!!! This is so awesome. I wish I wasn't joking.

I entered the bonus code in GfWL and successfully redeemed it. However, the install of it keeps failing - it says the data is invalid. Anyone else with this issue?

EDIT: Fixed it by deleting the contents of the DLC folder within Microsoft/XLive, which then gave me the option to delete the DLC from my Downloads tab and re-download it.. Thanks for the deal OP!

I'm having trouble with that 2nd key. I typed it in but it says the data is invalid. I tried following the instructions that were given earlier in the post but that didn't seem to work. Can someone maybe explain it better or offer another suggestion? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

[quote name='carpwrist']

The extra code got me a Starcraft 2 Beta!!! This is so awesome. I wish I wasn't joking.[/QUOTE]

This post confuses me. It might be all the bullshit stinking it up though.

[quote name='Ness3']I'm having trouble with that 2nd key. I typed it in but it says the data is invalid. I tried following the instructions that were given earlier in the post but that didn't seem to work. Can someone maybe explain it better or offer another suggestion? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]
I'm having the same problem, but I DID run across this forum (not sure how true it is) http://community.dawnofwar2.com/forums/topic/37343 . Apparently the stuff from that 2nd code was released in the game through patches.

[quote name='AvastMatey']Hmm, I'm getting payment refused and no emails. Hopefully the deal is still working.[/QUOTE]

watch out as others have said you will get charged with the error page, check your spam folder. i did it once and got the email right away

[quote name='Smallville123']watch out as others have said you will get charged with the error page, check your spam folder. i did it once and got the email right away[/QUOTE]
Checked the spam folder and no dice either. I tried my Visa twice, but luckily wouldn't be devastated to get two keys. Its been about thirty minutes, so I'll wait for the morning and see if anything pops up in my email or credit card charges.

That's a pretty awesome deal, so the CD-key really is completely country-independant? Loading it into Steam gives you the same version as if you bought it from a US retail store? Just seems strange that they wouldn't have specific keys for specific countries.

I kinda regret buying Soulstorm a long while back when it was about the same price and never even ended up playing it, but DoW2 looked at least somewhat more interesting. Guess I'll give it a shot, nice that you can even pay through paypal, too.

[quote name='Edge']That's a pretty awesome deal, so the CD-key really is completely country-independant? Loading it into Steam gives you the same version as if you bought it from a US retail store? Just seems strange that they wouldn't have specific keys for specific countries.

I kinda regret buying Soulstorm a long while back when it was about the same price and never even ended up playing it, but DoW2 looked at least somewhat more interesting. Guess I'll give it a shot, nice that you can even pay through paypal, too.[/QUOTE]

Try the demo if your not sure

Well decided to bite on it, but I'm having a bit of difficulty after I purchased it. I got the confirmation email, but there was no CD-key inside, it said that "Your activation code will be sent to you once your order has been cleared." but no other emails yet, is that normal for everyone else?

Also after I bought it on the website, it directed me to a page where I can login or create a new account, but even when I enter all the information to create a new account it just bounces me back to the page again once i confirm it, and then says it can't find my login information when I try to log in. The email said I should be able to view my CD-key in my account details on the website, but that doesn't do me much good if I can't even create an account there.

Not a big deal if I have to wait a little longer to get the CD-key, just wanted to give people the heads up in case anyone else is having trouble like this.

P.S. I think the value of the US dollar went down between yesterday and today, Paypal took $7.83 out of my account instead of the $7.63 other people were saying :p

OK, I finally got my key in my email, took about 5 hours from the original order for it to get through but it registered. Loaded it right up into Steam and it accepted it as Dawn of War II - Retail, so it looks like everything went through perfectly.

Just purchased it with Paypal and received the game key immediately by email. I entered it into steam and am now downloading it with no problems whatsoever. Thanks op.

So I got woken up by a credit card fraud call. I approved the transaction, so hopefully I'll finally get my key! Maybe I should have used Paypal...

Wasn't sure on picking this up earlier, but for the price of a lunch nowadays, I decided to pick it up. I enjoyed the demo a bit, so I figured this should bring some cheap fun. Too bad it doesn't play like the original DoW games with their RTS mechanics, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, OP!

EDIT: By the way, I received a confirmation e-mail with the CD-key immediately when I used PayPal. Wasn't expecting it that quick!

[quote name='Rirse']Guess this coupon code knocks two more dollars off the price.

Thanks, code works. I tried again with PayPal and it went through instantly. We'll see if I ever hear from the two other orders...

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Damnit Rirse, where was that code when I bought it? xd[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I didn't find the code either when I bought it. A goon on Something Awful mentioned it in the Steam thread.

Awesome, worked for me as well. Glad I hadn't gotten around to buying this yet. 7.xx was already good enough, this just makes it even sweeter.

Edited the thread to reflect that, thanks a lot!

It didn't work earlier for me with the error, nothing in spam and paypal didn't deduct money. Tried it later with the coupon code and I'm currently downloading it through Steam. Excellent find OP and I greatly appreciate the coupon code, Rirse! =D

[quote name='arrrggghhh']shit... accidentally ended up with an extra. anyone up for a trade! i'll take almost anything! i'll post in the trade forum too.[/QUOTE]

It looks like I almost got ordered a 2nd copy too. After I used paypal it sent me to a page that could not be displayed. I just checked my email and it looks like I have my CD key.

Can you use the 2nd key for the bonus gear in Steam? Or do I need the game for windows client? Because I hate installing stuff I don't use on my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingDox']It looks like I almost got ordered a 2nd copy too. After I used paypal it sent me to a page that could not be displayed. I just checked my email and it looks like I have my CD key.

Can you use the 2nd key for the bonus gear in Steam? Or do I need the game for windows client? Because I hate installing stuff I don't use on my PC.[/QUOTE]

The Game for Windows crap comes in with the game, whether you want it or not. The bonus gear key is worthless, as that gear has already been patched into the game (at least as far as I was able to learn).

bread's done
Back