Days of Play 2018 - 11 days of PlayStation deals and new limited edition PS4

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

June 8-18

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

• Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

• God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
  • Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

ps4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried the Rift/Vive? It's anything but a gimmick.

Also Skyrim on Rift/Vive is a night and day different experience than PSVR. For one, you're not limited by the 180 degree FOV. PSVR is very good for console VR, but PCVR is much better. It's also not 10x as much, Rift bundles can be had for $400, Vive bundles can be had for $500. And there are WMR headsets for $200 or so.
well then, I will let Linus Tech convinces you. The HTC Vive Pro is the most advanced VR experience currently and it is still disappointing while insanely expensive (you look at $1000+ for the best VR gear for a merely acceptable VR experience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx5DV5zFKlU

well then, I will let Linus Tech convinces you. The HTC Vive Pro is the most advanced VR experience currently and it is still disappointing while insanely expensive (you look at $1000+ for the best VR gear for a merely acceptable VR experience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx5DV5zFKlU
...why would I let Linus convince me of anything? The Vive Pro is extremely overpriced and a .5 upgrade. Also considering you said you played with PSVR for 5 minutes and didn’t enjoy low res Skyrim on console because you couldn’t play it on your OLED sounds like a personal problem. You’re already playing lower res Skyrim than what PC is capable of. Try PCVR and then we’ll talk.

I own a Vive and I owned a PSVR awhile back. There’s a huge difference when Roomscale is involved. If you’ve never tried it, it’s irrelevabt because it’s not something that can be explained.

Also, the Vive Pro is the same resolution as the $400 Samsung Odyssey btw. Point still stands PCVR isn’t 10x more expensive. There’s a $399 Rift bundle with $50 GC on slickdeals right now.

The resolution isn’t on the same level as Vive or Rift but I’m really enjoying my purchase. The first playroom made me want a full length game of that. Thumper has very simple graphics but the VR definitely improved the experience for me. If anything the PSVR has made me question whether the money spent on my trip to PAX Seattle this year would have been better spent on a gaming PV and Vive. I’m sticking with my PAX trip but it made me think about it.

...why would I let Linus convince me of anything? The Vive Pro is extremely overpriced and a .5 upgrade. Also considering you said you played with PSVR for 5 minutes and didn’t enjoy low res Skyrim on console because you couldn’t play it on your OLED sounds like a personal problem. You’re already playing lower res Skyrim than what PC is capable of. Try PCVR and then we’ll talk.

I own a Vive and I owned a PSVR awhile back. There’s a huge difference when Roomscale is involved. If you’ve never tried it, it’s irrelevabt because it’s not something that can be explained.

Also, the Vive Pro is the same resolution as the $400 Samsung Odyssey btw. Point still stands PCVR isn’t 10x more expensive. There’s a $399 Rift bundle with $50 GC on slickdeals right now.
Rift tech is old and it falls behind Vive Pro. And Vive Pro as it is NOW, is stupidly expensive for newcomers ($1000+), add so little to the experience and ironically the "best" offer for VR experience. The 10x times more expensive statement was on the PCVR experience itself (need bigger room, vast upgrade on expensive PC hardware and top notch VR hardware).

Samsung Odyssey? Barebone content compared to Rift and Vive Pro.

My ultimate point on PCVR: the experience doesn't scale well with the price/expense. Hence i say, 10 more years before we get something meaningful for VR

No SotC sucks, but I'll give it to Best Buy - ordered GoW, HZD and HZD Complete around 1pm yesterday, picked free shipping, delivered at 11am today. That's impressive.
Yeah shipping was quick. Received my copies of HZD Complete, Rigs, and Starblood Arena today (on a Sunday no less) and they were ordered Friday.

Horizon Complete Edition is no longer available for shipping at Best Buy, it's store pick up only and not available anywhere near me. =(

Ended up settling for the standard edition of Horizon, which they have discounted to $10 at Best Buy

fuck Gran Turismo Sport not being $20 at BB.
Go digital with GT Sport. Even though the box contains a disc it might as well be a digital code since the game requires an online connection (for everything but arcade mode) and probably gigs upon gigs of patches/updates.

I always try to go digital with racing games due to their pick up and play nature.

Go digital with GT Sport. Even though the box contains a disc it might as well be a digital code since the game requires an online connection (for everything but arcade mode) and probably gigs upon gigs of patches/updates.

I always try to go digital with racing games due to their pick up and play nature.
I think he wants GCU 20% off on top of the $19.99

Horizon Complete Edition is no longer available for shipping at Best Buy, it's store pick up only and not available anywhere near me. =(

Ended up settling for the standard edition of Horizon, which they have discounted to $10 at Best Buy
I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel my order that I put in on Friday. I'll go by GameStop to see if I can snag a copy just in case.

What all comes in the code in HZD CE?  I remembered I already have the frozen wilds on psn, do I even need to use the code?

bread's done
Back