DC Universe free beta codes live now. (ps3/pc) 5000+ keys avail update in OP 12/17

[quote name='technom22']Well well well!
It seems like Canada is not in North America.[/QUOTE]
I heard it's part of Russia now.

[quote name='vaultdweller']guess mexico isnt a part of north america according to the idiots at gamespot[/quote]

[quote name='technom22']well well well!
It seems like canada is not in north america.[/quote]

usa! Usa! Usa!

Got the code but when I went to sign up for the account on the PC said someone already had the name that I always use. Starting to see this more and more. Hell I even got a friend invite on steam from someone with what was almost the same name. I ended up saying screw it. Yeah I know it is dumb but I also don't have time to play it. Thanks anyway OP.

[quote name='ssjmichael']my dl says it'll be done in 1.5 hours. It says my max speed is 17.9mbs. What does it say for everyone else?[/quote]

mine will be done in 1 hour 20mins topping out at 11.8 mbs

[quote name='ssjmichael']my dl says it'll be done in 1.5 hours. it says my max speed is 17.9Mbs. What does it say for everyone else?[/QUOTE]

I just checked again and it now says 8 hours. SOE have got to be the biggest idiots ever.

It took a while for my PS3, but it's pretty fun so far. I kind of like it and I had zero interest in it before.

[quote name='shouamabane']7 hours in and I'm at about 25%. It's because of my internet connection, but I have to wonder if I can pause the download and resume later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can that's what I did

Just a big thanks to the CAG original poster. I woke up this morning to this post and was surprised to immediately get my beta code. I had even been debating psn plus for the beta, so this is a much better option.

Since I quit ffxi cold turkey after many years a few months ago, this is a nice free way to cure my mmorpg fix. Not to mention its pretty fun so far.

Thanks OP for this, I really appreciate it. Also like Cgarb84, free betas are always fun. Can't wait to try it. Thanks again. :whistle2:D

Thanks OP, got my code.

Edit:

Might be a silly question but how did everyone get past the "To begin playing DC Universe Online, please redeem the game activation code found in the game box on the front cover of the manual." after the install?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my PS3 code and started downloading, thanks OP. My max speed is 19.5 and it seems like it's going to take about 2 hours, maybe less if I'm lucky.

I've got the 13GB of space since I upgraded my HDD about a year ago. However, this reminds me that I need to go back through and delete that stupid install for GT5.

Thanks for letting us know, OP. I just got a key and I'm downloading it now. By the looks of the download speed, I might be able to play by the time the final game is released. :)

Thanks for the heads up.. not complaining, but shouldn't this be in the "Contests & Free Stuff" section of the forums? :)

EDIT: looks like all the keys are gone for both PC and PS3 :(

[quote name='Sinistar']Thanks for the heads up.. not complaining, but shouldn't this be in the "Contests & Free Stuff" section of the forums? :)[/QUOTE]

I would have never got a code if it wasn't posted here. I think freebies like this should be posted in the Deals section.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']if anyone needs ps3 codes i got a couple BUT its gonna cost ya :p[/QUOTE]

Don't expect much. I just did a search on ebay, you'll be lucky to get $2.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']thats one dollar less than im charging :lol:

crazy how these things were being sold for 30 yesterday.

if you look at completed auctions on ebay they go for 10-17 bucks even at today.

but ill sell my brother and his friends codes for 3 bucks so in essence im sellin my brother out for 3 bucks:lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry....being a newbie I'm sure the mods will go easy on you. Selling or offering to sell beta code !allowed.

Missed my chance at a PS3 one, but that's life......

Edit - one more shot at logging in and it was fine. Weird.

kinda confused myself; I did it through Gamespot, and it gave me a code which I think I used to download the client, but 13 gb later it's telling me Invalid Subscription and of course, Gamespot never e-mailed me the key. What the deuce?

[quote name='jmbreci']Don't worry....being a newbie I'm sure the mods will go easy on you. Selling or offering to sell beta code !allowed.

Missed my chance at a PS3 one, but that's life......[/QUOTE]

oh i didnt know. if you werent such a prick i would have gave you one. oh well :applause:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']kinda confused myself; I did it through Gamespot, and it gave me a code which I think I used to download the client, but 13 gb later it's telling me Invalid Subscription and of course, Gamespot never e-mailed me the key. What the deuce?[/QUOTE]

Cant you use that code as the key?
im also waiting for the email from gamespot (still downloading the beta)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']kinda confused myself; I did it through Gamespot, and it gave me a code which I think I used to download the client, but 13 gb later it's telling me Invalid Subscription and of course, Gamespot never e-mailed me the key. What the deuce?[/QUOTE]
Whenever it says that or if it asks for the manual code just restart your system and it'll work.

Can't believe I missed this? Does anyone have an extra for ps3? If so could you PM I would really appreciate it, I've been looking forward to this game forever. Also is there some way to get one through playstationplus? Thought I saw someone mention it, but idk anything about that either grr. Thanks mates.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I have an extra PS3 beta code that I accidentally got at the beginning of the day thinking it was for the PC.

2599-ADNJ-6QET

Please post when it is used so I can remove it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I got it! Thanks!! :D

Darn... I just missed it then.
Oh well.. here's hoping that gamespot will give out a new set of beta codes for the PC (which is what I want) and PS3

bread's done
Back