DC Universe Online CE (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy (Unadvertised)

Do you get the premium membership or whatever its called with this for the new F2P model?

[quote name='Camre']Do you get the premium membership or whatever its called with this for the new F2P model?[/QUOTE]

Yup

[quote name='Camre']Nice. Now thats just a month then back to the basic eh?[/QUOTE]

Legendary is the subscription based one. This one has access to everything.

Premium is the one given to people who previously subscribed or bought game in store. It has more access than the F2P accounts. But this access can be had for $5 according to their website.

The F2P accounts have limited access to stuff compared to the other accounts but hey it's free.

I figuring you can perform all trophy related tasks and then use the unlock for a month code and the trophies will pop.

Anyone tried this?

I've been wanting to try this game out since it was released and now that it's free to play online, $30 plus tax for the CE is too good to pass up.

I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore games until I finished up my back catalog but since I got the PS3 bundle coming and don't care for the games coming with it, this will be a good game to break it in with.

I checked Goozex and this game is listed as a non-tradeable game. I find that curious. Can you only have one player per game sold? I know nothing about MMOs so this will be a completely new experience for me.

Is there a normal type campaign or is everything that you do with this game online?

This game is around 16 gigs when you download it from the playstation store, correct? So if I buy this disk, I don't have to install anything, right?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I want that statue but I really don't way to pay more than $20 for it. Going to wait and hope it drops some more. BATMAN!![/QUOTE]

I doubt it is going to drop, the official website says that retailers don't sell the game in physical form anymore so once it's gone, that's it. So you may wait too long and lose out on the statue, unless you purchase it separately.

[quote name='doreo503']This game is around 16 gigs when you download it from the playstation store, correct? So if I buy this disk, I don't have to install anything, right?[/QUOTE]
wrong, you still have to download and install the whole thing. It's stupid, I know.

[quote name='Brother Daz']wrong, you still have to download and install the whole thing. It's stupid, I know.[/QUOTE]

Wth? I really don't understand why someone would want to buy a physical copy then. Thanks for the info though, I think I'll pass on this.

I just picked up Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, I really should not buy another.

With how lacking the subscription benefits are from owning the real game, the need to still install, the small size of the art book and everything, I think I will pass. I would basically be dropping $30 for the statue alone. At least with Killzone I get the game, the figure, the book and the mask.

Still oddly tempting however. haha

[quote name='robbrism']
I checked Goozex and this game is listed as a non-tradeable game. I find that curious. Can you only have one player per game sold? I know nothing about MMOs so this will be a completely new experience for me.

Is there a normal type campaign or is everything that you do with this game online? [/QUOTE]There's no used copies avail. b/c there's a 1 time use code
http://www.gamemunition.com/news/dont-buy-used-copies-of-dcuo/
the entire game is completely online

I just want the game and case (ps3) to throw into the collection on the shelf if anyone wants to part with theirs, I'll throw ya a few bucks as a thank you

[quote name='shadowkast']I just want the game and case (ps3) to throw into the collection on the shelf if anyone wants to part with theirs, I'll throw ya a few bucks as a thank you[/QUOTE]

It just comes in a cardboard sleeve.

[quote name='Brother Daz']wrong, you still have to download and install the whole thing. It's stupid, I know.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I was thinking about it for the statue and to prevent that MASSIVE download. Looks like I wont be buying, thanks for the info.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Seriously? I was thinking about it for the statue and to prevent that MASSIVE download. Looks like I wont be buying, thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

I told my girlfriend that earlier, and she agreed that it was really dumb. Maybe this will drop further so you caen unlock the trophies.

I would be getting this just for the trophies since i didn't really like the game... I'll probably wait longer and see what happens.

The DC Universe statues look awesome, except for the stupid bases. It says "DC UNIVERSE ONLINE" in huge lettering on each of them, killing any desire to display them. I would have already picked up the Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan statues at my local comic book shop if it wasn't for that text.

The more and more I read, the more and more I am considering taking it back to BB when I get it. I'm going to check it out but I had no idea there was no way to trade it if I didn't like it. No trade value really puts a damper on it.

I'll have to see if there is a demo to try out before I crack it open. 10 or 15 bucks, I wouldn't really care but throwing 30 bucks down on a non-tradeable game kinda sucks.

[quote name='robbrism']I'll have to see if there is a demo to try out before I crack it open. 10 or 15 bucks, I wouldn't really care but throwing 30 bucks down on a non-tradeable game kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You can download and play the entire game for free right now...

[quote name='samusaran226']Seriously? You can download and play the entire game for free right now...[/QUOTE]

Huh? I am really confused then. I thought you get the online portion or access was for free but I figured you had to have a code or something to be able to play the game.

You can just download this entire game at no charge whatsoever for the PS3? I find that really hard to believe.

Sounds like I will definitely be returning this if you are correct.

So you are basically paying 30 bucks for the statue and the artbook?

D'oh. Better see if I can cancel now. Told you I knew nothing about MMOs.

[quote name='robbrism']So you are basically paying 30 bucks for the statue and the artbook?

D'oh. Better see if I can cancel now. Told you I knew nothing about MMOs.[/QUOTE]

You also get some sort of status that allows you to get trophies - but you can do that for $5 in the game if you really want to. No deal for me - but I'm not much of a comic book guy... Glad I picked up KZ3 HE yesterday, though :)

bread's done
Back