DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

Just started watching these movies and I'm really impressed by the quality.

Loved Under the Red Hood, except for the Nightwing cameo. The Superman/Shazam DVD was pretty cool, I was initially upset at the length but did not realize all of the extra shorts were on the DVD.

Supergirl movie was alright, overall not as good, but it had it's moments.

What's next on my list? Can you guys point me towards the better movies?

Batman Beyond: ROTJ coming out on blu-ray! Let's talk about it!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-Beyond-Return-of-the-Joker-Blu-ray/20237/

I'm already hearing conflicting ideas on aspect ratio and such. Some are complaining about 4x3, but the old widescreen version may have been a crop-job to begin with?

In any case this is great and hopefully more DCAU blu-ray material follows. I imagine Mask of the Phantasm should be fully remasterable, yes??

[quote name='BustaUppa']Batman Beyond: ROTJ coming out on blu-ray! Let's talk about it!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-Beyond-Return-of-the-Joker-Blu-ray/20237/

I'm already hearing conflicting ideas on aspect ratio and such. Some are complaining about 4x3, but the old widescreen version may have been a crop-job to begin with? [/QUOTE]

I believe ROTJ was made for theatrical release and only very late in the game was switched to DTV, so widescreen is probably its native aspect. I just hope they include both cuts, or if that isn't possible the unrated cut with the bowdlerized scenes as extras.

Yes I read about this....looks like a port over from the 2000 release in terms of features. Great movie, but I don't think this is worth the double dip.

Bump for All-Star Superman!

Saw it and loved it. Note: I never read the comics but now I certainly will. The only things I didn't like about All-Star Superman was a lack of flow in the story and the voice actor for Lex Luthor (thought he sounded a tad old). Wish WB would like them tell these stories over a period longer than 75 minutes...

Favorite & worst part of the movie was the Prison Scene. Really liked the Clark Kent/Lex Luthor interaction. Didn't get to see much of clumsy Clark in the animated series so this was a nice change of pace. Didn't like how Clark contributed to the death of some prison inmates by freezing them and Parasite running them over.
My rankings for these DCAU DTV

Batman Under Hood
All Star Superman
Green Lantern First Flight
....New Frontier (I read the book before I saw the movie and they took alot of my favorite stuff out).

Just watched All-Star Superman.

Gorgeous art and animation, but I really didn't like the movie overall. Had some interesting moments, but I can't recommend it. I especially agree with Monsoon Man about the lack of flow in the story. IMO it is the weakest of all the standalone releases and the scenes with Lex are the only thing that kept my interest besides
Lois getting superpowers and even that wasn't what it could have been.

It seemed too broken up to me like it should have been episodes of a show. Which considering it combines different stories from different issues i guess that's understandable.

I really think there should be an original DCAU movie taking place at least 100 years after the JLU. All we are getting is graphic novelization adaptations right now :(... need more freshness.

I think I read somewhere that BB takes place 50 years after BTAS.. It would have been neat to have another series set in a future JLU time line (batman beyond)..would make sense since it was BTAS -->JL-->JLU-->BB (yes I left out TNBA).

Doom was pretty good. However some of these stories they put out really are starting to confuse me. So does this movie take place after Crisis on two earths? I am saying this because of the watch tower...as it looks the same to what was shown in Doom. Not too happy they are just remaking some of the comic stories in animated movies. We need something fresh.

Just finished watching Doom.....loved it. IMO, far, far better than any of the recent DC animated attempts. Outside of BB Return of the Joker and Mask of the Phantasm, I would say this is my favorite animated move from the DC universe.

so....what happened to the soundtracks? I haven't seen a release since Under the Red Hood. Guess poor sales forced them to stop :(

bread's done
Back