(#DEAD#) 1 Free Month of GameFly (Over 50 CAGs Referred!)

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Thinking about getting gamefly. How is the wait for newer games and just popular games in general?

Also, do you know if I can do the free trial and then do the referral?[/QUOTE]

As long as you have a new game on your list the day it comes out, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it. Its rare that I have a game on my list when it comes out and I don't get it. Even if that does happen, there is always a billion other games that I can rent while I wait for it to become available again (which only takes a week or two).

Games are given a likelihood of being shipped out - low, medium, high, available now. Games that are popular are usually available immediately as long as they aren't relatively new. (Both CoD:MW2 and Super SF4 are available now for renting without any wait.) A game like Castlevania: LoS or Enslaved are listed as "low" which means that there is a 25% likelihood of them being shipped to you that day. It usually takes a week or two for the availability to go back up on new games after they are released.

In regards to the free trial & referral, it won't work. I had a friend who tried. It only works for people who are signing up for the first time. However, you MIGHT be able to get it to work if you sign up using two different accounts. You might be able to get the free trial with one account and then cancel the account when the trial is over, then sign up under the referral with a second account.

Hope this information helps.

If you are curious as to the availability of a particular game, let me know and I can look it up for you.

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll sign up one of these days and give a referral. I looked into how much I was spending by buying games and then selling them, and I figure just getting gamefly would save me more so this is cool.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Thanks a lot for the info! I'll sign up one of these days and give a referral. I looked into how much I was spending by buying games and then selling them, and I figure just getting gamefly would save me more so this is cool.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Take your time in making the decision. GF is a great service for anyone who plays games regularly. I was tired of buying games for $60 only to find out they were mediocre.

I've actually made a little money off of GameFly. When they give coupons you can buy their used games and then turn around and sell them to Amazon for a profit. It isn't much, but it is still free money. I remember buying Wolfenstein from GameFly for $4 using a coupon and then selling it for $10 to Amazon.

[quote name='jimrome27']Will they charge me while I'm on my free trial?[/QUOTE]

If you do the free trial you have to give them a credit card number. If you don't cancel before the free trial is over, they will start charging you. The free trial isn't even really worth it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up with what was said to be the friends-only price but my membership says:
Order Total:

2 Month(s) Membership: $15.95
Tax: $1.12
Total: $17.07

Did something go wrong or does it just say that and I actually will be charged the under $8 amount?

[quote name='zer0sfx']If you do the free trial you have to give them a credit card number. If you don't cancel once the free trial is over, they will start charging you. The free trial isn't even really worth it though.[/QUOTE]

how is it now worth it?

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Gave a referral. I can't afford to use this much so hopefully I can get at least 1 referral as well: http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/sKTKT

Thanks for the great offer! Hopefully I can get New Vegas one of these days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the referral! New Vegas was actually listed as "available now" until yesterday. You just missed it = (

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimrome27']how is it now worth it?[/QUOTE]

I believe that free trials are only 10 days long. It takes about two days to receive a game from GameFly, so even if they send you a game immediately when you sign up, you'll really only get 8 days of play time. Unless you plan on trying to use two accounts like I mentioned in the OP, you are better off signing up for a paid account. A referral gets you a free month and even if you don't use a referral, I believe that you still get a discounted first month. Signing up for the free trial negates your ability to do either the referral or the discounted first month.

bread's done
Back