[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they had nothing else I was interested in (already have & love Azumanga). I've spent WAY too much on anime the past couple of months!

So with that last bundle of deals (yay street fighter movie) are the deals over? Can I safely place the order without kicking myself tomorrow when they might add something amazing?

[quote name='genfuyung']So with that last bundle of deals (yay street fighter movie) are the deals over? Can I safely place the order without kicking myself tomorrow when they might add something amazing?[/quote]

no one knows, I'm waiting till the 21st to put my last order in just in case.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ugh, weak! The only good title in the entire lot is Azumanga, and that's not a very good sale price.[/quote]

She-Ra is good. Although nostalgia plays a part in that. Now that I think about it, it was probably the first American showing that had elements of the Magical Girl genre.

Also the uncut Street Fighter II movie is very good.

Damn, thinking about the 80's I wish they would have had Thundercats on sale.

[quote name='B:L']Broke the mold? What the heck does that even mean here?[/quote]

It means rightstuf has a history with these sales and this one was vastly different then any other sale they have had in terms of quantity. This is more deals then they offered in last 3-4 sales combined.

Also on a side note WTF is up with people asking me if I will pice match Rightstuf's sale for one of the items I was selling? Do I look like a retail store?

[quote name='Brian9824']
Also on a side note WTF is up with people asking me if I will pice match Rightstuf's sale for one of the items I was selling? Do I look like a retail store?[/quote]

:lol:

Honestly kind of dissapointed with day 13, seeing as I already own half of what's in it. I would like to get Moonphase, though. Hmm, Moonphase or Third? Or both? Think think think...

And can anyone reccomend any of the Street Fighter titles? There's an awful lot of them this time around...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Honestly kind of dissapointed with day 13, seeing as I already own half of what's in it. I would like to get Moonphase, though. Hmm, Moonphase or Third? Or both? Think think think...

And can anyone reccomend any of the Street Fighter titles? There's an awful lot of them this time around...[/quote]

The Street Fighter II uncut movie is a great film and worthy of purchase. I recommend it.

The SF II V TV series is only average. It has good moments but it isn't a must buy unless you like all things Street Fighter IMO.

I haven't seen all of the Alpha shows so I can't comment on those, other than the character designs look great. :lol:

[quote name='Brian9824']It means rightstuf has a history with these sales and this one was vastly different then any other sale they have had in terms of quantity. This is more deals then they offered in last 3-4 sales combined.

Also on a side note WTF is up with people asking me if I will pice match Rightstuf's sale for one of the items I was selling? Do I look like a retail store?[/QUOTE]

people do that with me also...its SO annoying

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The Street Fighter II uncut movie is a great film and worthy of purchase. I recommend it.[/quote]

Pretty much. With gorgeous animation and choreography, the movie's fight scenes just look damn good. It was wildly impressive back when it was released and it still impressive today. They actually hired a real choreographer to do work on the title. It's not an awe inspiring story, by any means, but it's not bad... and Capcom actually took some hints from the movie and incorporated them into their first Alpha game. They actually make the crazy special moves look possible to do in real life (aside from flame kicks and fireballs).

The fight scene between Vega and Chun-Li is often cited to be one of the best fight scenes in all of anime.

And of course since it's uncut, it's the first chance in the US to see Chun-Li's jubblies. :whistle2:#

wait this ends MIDNIGHT 12/21?! GAHHH i thought i had longer to place an order...was trying to hold out but i might just have to bite...grrr..Gantz Perfect Score here i come

[quote name='refusedchaos']people do that with me also...its SO annoying[/quote]

On a few scattered occassions, I have had offers that ran something like "Your price is $40 and retail is $60, but since this store has it for $40, would you sell for $20?"

On topic though, I need something to throw in aside from Fruits Basket. I'm not willing to jump on Kodocha until the rest of the series is confirmed for Stateside release and 3 seasons of Slayers is more than I could handle in a year... any other suggestions?

EDIT: Princess Tutu is still on as part of the weekly specials, but that puts me at $0.02 under free shipping. Time to browse their closeout items!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The Street Fighter II uncut movie is a great film and worthy of purchase. I recommend it.

The SF II V TV series is only average. It has good moments but it isn't a must buy unless you like all things Street Fighter IMO.

I haven't seen all of the Alpha shows so I can't comment on those, other than the character designs look great. :lol:[/quote]

I know I have some SF cels around here somewhere. I think they are from the TV series (based on the art), but I could be wrong. One had Blanca with an Aztec chief, one character is female in an army uniform with a dot on her forehead (Hindu/Indian)

[quote name='thelonepig']On a few scattered occassions, I have had offers that ran something like "Your price is $40 and retail is $60, but since this store has it for $40, would you sell for $20?"

On topic though, I need something to throw in aside from Fruits Basket. I'm not willing to jump on Kodocha until the rest of the series is confirmed for Stateside release and 3 seasons of Slayers is more than I could handle in a year... any other suggestions?

EDIT: Princess Tutu is still on as part of the weekly specials, but that puts me at $0.02 under free shipping. Time to browse their closeout items![/QUOTE]

Heh, I was just gonna say "Princess Tutu!" until I got to the end of your post.

Oh, and the first half of Kodocha is the half that's wroth watching. The second half really takes a nosedive in the storytelling department. Plus there's the likelihood that it'll just never come out in America. Ever.

[quote name='GuardianE']The fight scene between Vega and Chun-Li is often cited to be one of the best fight scenes in all of anime.[/quote]

It is. Also, I recommend everyone look at both the dubbed and subbed version to see the differences in the impact of this scene with the different music used in each.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']So the Kodocha thinpaks have content omitted from the singles?[/QUOTE]

No, only ADV does that. The Kodocha discs are the exact same ones that were released in the singles.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']No, only ADV does that. The Kodocha discs are the exact same ones that were released in the singles.[/quote]

Oh. I thought someone said something about 7 o'clock news being removed or something.

Does midnight 12/21 mean 12:00 AM 12/21 or 11:59 PM 12/21? Im still worried about placing an order only to see a new page of deals go up.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Oh. I thought someone said something about 7 o'clock news being removed or something.[/quote]

Much like their release of Speed Grapher, they didn't license the OP theme. So its more of a sin of omission than missing out on something.

[quote name='doctordoom']Much like their release of Speed Grapher, they didn't license the OP theme. So its more of a sin of omission than missing out on something.[/quote]

I see. Thanks.

[quote name='doctordoom']Much like their release of Speed Grapher, they didn't license the OP theme. So its more of a sin of omission than missing out on something.[/quote]

There's also a minute or two of silence in the first episode where they just had to mute because the song was playing in the background and they couldn't separate the audio tracks. The lead singer of Tokio also shows up, but they changed the character's name to avoid licensing issues.

From what I recall reading on the Funi website, the band wanted more money to license the opening song than the studio wanted to license the anime.

[quote name='greyweather']11:59 p.m. CST on 12/21/2008 is the last possible minute to place the order (unless it gets extended like last year).[/quote]

most likely will get extended. I'm just hoping for one more deal to come up today (would be nice to Gits 2nd gig or Ai Yori Aoshi bundle come up :D )

I've been following the sale , but to keep things simple , what would everyone suggest/recommend as the best deals to get , now that we know what all the deals are?

I haven't really watched much anime in awhile, and I haven't even touched everything I bought from the blowout, but I had to buy the Kodocha and the Slayers bundle.

[quote name='wormraper']damn !! :D, ah well.

anyways, does anyone know if you can contact them over the weekend to get something changed in an order???? or will I have to wait for Monday morning???[/QUOTE]

Chances are, they'll extend the sale. Because that's what they did last year as well. I think you can either e-mail them or phone them. Probably better to phone them. But I don't think their phone hours on up til Monday. You could try sending them an e-mail and phone them in the morning. But I don't think you can make alterations to a pending order. The only thing you can do is cancel it and re-order.

As long as the order hasn't been packed you can add or remove items to it however you wish. Just have to contact them before it enters processing stage.

Fantastic Children DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$19.99
Kannazuki No Miko DVD 2 (Hyb): Lunar Priestess (*) 1$6.00
Kodocha DVD Box Set 1 (Hyb) (*) 1$19.99
Negima DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1$24.99
Slayers DVD Value Bundle (Hyb) (*) 1$44.99

Total = $115.96

This is it. I'm done.

[quote name='GuardianE']And of course since it's uncut, it's the first chance in the US to see Chun-Li's jubblies. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I assure you, the last thing I care about is seeing Chun-Li's jubblies. :lol:

I think I'll get it, though.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Moon Phase was good. I dunno why Kirin

Awhile ago I ordered:

Mushi-shi 1-6 + box
Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection

Placed one last order:

Basilisk DVD Box Set
Fruit Basket DVD Thinpack
Kurau: Phantom Memory 1-6 + box
Street Fighter II Uncut

Wish I could get more but I'm stretching things as it is.

I think I'm going to get Fruits Basket, Kodocha S1, and Cromartie High School. Or maybe I should get Kodocha S2 instead?

[quote name='Rocko']I think I'm going to get Fruits Basket, Kodocha S1, and Cromartie High School. Or maybe I should get Kodocha S2 instead?[/QUOTE]

Instead of Cromartie? Yeah, Kodocha would be the better choice. And Cromartie can frequently be found on the cheap, whereas this is the best price I've ever seen on Kodocha. Not to mention Kodocha is light years better than Cromartie in every way...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Kirin seems to be of very discerning tastes. I've seen a few good things called bad, but never anything bad praised as great.;)[/QUOTE]
Haha, thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. :D

bread's done
Back