[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranma, and Fruits basket are nothing alike, aside from the turning into animals thing. Fruits Basket is kind of a very interesting study of the various psychological illnesses, and the way they affect other people, all while having extremely interesting characters, and a great story. I know the description stinks, but the show is very hard to describe, basically, this girl comes to live with a family under a terrible curse. (weird circumstances cause her to) She of course finds out about the curse, and extreme feelings, and some hilarity ensues.

[quote name='ya0']jeez another 20 percent off gah das soo lame and everything still onsale[/QUOTE]

the 20% won't apply to the 12 days deals, they're marked for no additional discounts.

20% may be lame on most stuff, but it's wonderful on manga, which is typically 25% off normally. 25% & 20%= 40% total. That's 7% more than a studio sale.

I intend to buy up a bunch of manga after tomorrow's gift-giving events... don't want to double-dip by mistake. ;)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I intend to buy up a bunch of manga after tomorrow's gift-giving events... don't want to double-dip by mistake. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just remember, if an item is listed as "On Order from the Manufacturer" (in other words, backordered), it's not eligible for the discount. Which totally sucks.

[quote name='thelonepig']Nuts, it's 20% off the Rightstuf price, not the MSRP?[/QUOTE]

E-yep. Handy, huh?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Just remember, if an item is listed as "On Order from the Manufacturer" (in other words, backordered), it's not eligible for the discount. Which totally sucks.[/QUOTE]

It does suck- but I usually manage to get a volume or two despite that- plus, I have a few new series I want to start, so it should be easier to put together an order. ;)

[quote name='refusedchaos']no its not, The Third is $80[/quote]

Oh okay. Nevermind then. It's still pricey when compared to the other series' here.

On another note, I got shipping confirmation on one of my orders and they said that one of the items was backordered. Does that mean that they'll eventually ship the backordered item and charge me for that item when it ships? Or does that mean that I'll have to re-order it when it becomes available?

[quote name='GuardianE']Oh okay. Nevermind then. It's still pricey when compared to the other series' here.

On another note, I got shipping confirmation on one of my orders and they said that one of the items was backordered. Does that mean that they'll eventually ship the backordered item and charge me for that item when it ships? Or does that mean that I'll have to re-order it when it becomes available?[/QUOTE]

they ship it when it comes back in stock

Can someone please clarify the sale discount? I think I'm finally confused for once about rightstuf. I have a gotanime membership. What's the exact discount on the following item:

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence DVD (Hyb) Limited Edition

Retail Price:$29.98
Your Price:$22.49

At 20% off sale price [your price] (-$4.49)
$22.49 - $4.49 = $17.99

At 35% off retail price
[listed price] (-$10.49)
$29.98 - $10.49 = $19.49

From now through January 4, take an additional 20% OFF our regular > prices on ALL IN-STOCK items! (New items come in every day, so check back frequently!)
How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
Coupon Code: newyear2009
Expires: January 4, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 35% OFF the > prices on all in-stock items. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

It's 20% off the sales price, then 10% off the resulting price IIRC. The "potential" thing is just them playing with numbers.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Can someone please clarify the sale discount? I think I'm finally confused for once about rightstuf. I have a gotanime membership. What's the exact discount on the following item:

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence DVD (Hyb) Limited Edition

Retail Price:$29.98
Your Price:$22.49

At 20% off sale price [your price] (-$4.49)
$22.49 - $4.49 = $17.99

At 35% off retail price
[listed price] (-$10.49)
$29.98 - $10.49 = $19.49

From now through January 4, take an additional 20% OFF our regular > prices on ALL IN-STOCK items! (New items come in every day, so check back frequently!)
How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:
Coupon Code: newyear2009
Expires: January 4, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 35% OFF the > prices on all in-stock items. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

****************************************************[/QUOTE]
you cant buy that using the sale code since it says: Product Availability - Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping

remember that it has to be instock and not say "Not Available for Further Discounts"

[quote name='refusedchaos']you cant buy that using the sale code since it says: Product Availability - Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping

remember that it has to be instock and not say "Not Available for Further Discounts"[/quote]

For the sake of argument, let's just say it was an in stock item...what would the sale discount be?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's 20% off the sales price, then 10% off the resulting price IIRC. The "potential" thing is just them playing with numbers.[/quote]

I'm just wondering when the "35%" starts to become a factor;

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']For the sake of argument, let's just say it was an in stock item...what would the sale discount be?[/quote]

The way I'm reading it, I get the $19.49.

EDZIT: To answer above, isn't it 20% off the retail in addition to their standard 5% off plus the 10% Got Anime?

The 35% is an oddly chosen marketing line. Let's use a DVD as an example:

Code Geass DVD 1- MSRP $24.98, TRSI $22.48.

Now, with the current sale, you'd get 20% off the TRSI price- $17.98 Tack on Got Anime's 10%, and you get $16.18. That's 57 cents more than taking 35% off the MRSP. Depending on the various cent differences on different releases, you could get up to 35% off MRSP. The 'up to' is the key, it's just a ballpark figure for how much you might save-even though some things will go cheaper than that anyway.

Not that it really matters, becuase it's still less than the 46% off MSRP you can get on DVDs during a studio sale (assuming you have GA.)

If the Ghost in the Shell DVD was in-stock, you'd get it for $17.99, or $16.19 with GA- but that's becuase it's a pre-order title, which gets a bigger discount- it'll go up on release. (Based on similar MSRP items, the TRSI price would be $26.98 normally, for a sale price of $21.58 or $19.42 with GA.)

The best use is on manga, most of which have a 25% everyday discount instead of the 5ish% most products get. For example:

Naruto vol 1- MSRP $7.95, TRSI $5.96.

That's 25% off right there. Then you add the 20% for $4.76. Got Anime would give you $4.29- 46% off MSRP. Compared to a studio sale, which normally give 33% off MSRP (about 40% with GA), it's actually a better deal for manga- assuming what you want is in stock.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']The 35% is an oddly chosen marketing line. Let's use a DVD as an example:

Code Geass DVD 1- MSRP $24.98, TRSI $22.48.

Now, with the current sale, you'd get 20% off the TRSI price- $17.98 Tack on Got Anime's 10%, and you get $16.18. That's 57 cents more than taking 35% off the MRSP. Depending on the various cent differences on different releases, you could get up to 35% off MRSP. The 'up to' is the key, it's just a ballpark figure for how much you might save-even though some things will go cheaper than that anyway.

Not that it really matters, becuase it's still less than the 46% off MSRP you can get on DVDs during a studio sale (assuming you have GA.)

If the Ghost in the Shell DVD was in-stock, you'd get it for $17.99, or $16.19 with GA- but that's becuase it's a pre-order title, which gets a bigger discount- it'll go up on release. (Based on similar MSRP items, the TRSI price would be $26.98 normally, for a sale price of $21.58 or $19.42 with GA.)

The best use is on manga, most of which have a 25% everyday discount instead of the 5ish% most products get. For example:

Naruto vol 1- MSRP $7.95, TRSI $5.96.

That's 25% off right there. Then you add the 20% for $4.76. Got Anime would give you $4.29- 46% off MSRP. Compared to a studio sale, which normally give 33% off MSRP (about 40% with GA), it's actually a better deal for manga- assuming what you want is in stock.[/QUOTE]

You're giving me a headache.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Thanks for posting that. The box set packaging looks kind of flimsy. I'm leaning towards getting the separate volumes now. It's slightly cheaper too. As for content on several websites I've read that the Alpha movie is included with the V box set. Is that true? I guess that doesn't really matter for me since I already ordered the Alpha box set. It'll be nice to finally get the entire V series on DVD though. I have a good deal of the series on VHS but never finished getting the final tapes so I never saw the entire show.[/quote]

Re: Street Fighter TV Series Boxset

Never got around to seeing the entire series yet (haven't gotten past the first few episodes due to the lack of time). Love the first episode by the way.

But I don't believe the movie is included with the boxset. The boxset only has a total of 4 disc, of which I believe is the same exact content found on the individual disc release. Alpha movie was released as a stand alone solo DVD. At least I think.

Still waiting for my order:

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection
Negima DVD Box Set
Slayers DVD Value Bundle
Basilisk DVD Box Set
Plus other stuff from the site.

I noticed that a lot of the FUNi titles (and Shingu) during the sale are on the FUNimation Channel.

Ok, I need to decide which should be my filler so I can pick up My Hime with free shipping. Which of these series would be best to watch with a lady-friend? (Note: I am thinking WAY into the future here)

Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Moon Phase

I'd like to get one of those three, and I have no strong ties to any of them. :X

Fruits Basket and Princess Tutu are both great shows that people can greatly enjoy together. My wife and I watched both shows together (I had already seen FB long before I met her, but we watched PT together, seeing it for the first time and loved it)
Edit: I can't really say anything about Moon Phase as I haven't seen it. I have heard good things, but not much other than its a pretty good series about a super cute girl vampire.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Ok, I need to decide which should be my filler so I can pick up My Hime with free shipping. Which of these series would be best to watch with a lady-friend? (Note: I am thinking WAY into the future here)

Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Moon Phase

I'd like to get one of those three, and I have no strong ties to any of them. :X[/QUOTE]

Moon Phase!!! or Fruits Basket

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Ok, I need to decide which should be my filler so I can pick up My Hime with free shipping. Which of these series would be best to watch with a lady-friend? (Note: I am thinking WAY into the future here)

Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Moon Phase

I'd like to get one of those three, and I have no strong ties to any of them. :X[/quote]

I go with Fruits Basket.

Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Moon Phase

I'd like to get one of those three, and I have no strong ties to any of them. :X[/QUOTE]

Tutu or Fruits Basket, but I'm partial to Tutu. Moon Phase doesn't come even remotely close to the quality of those other two.

Fruits Basket
Princess Tutu
Moon Phase

Fruits Basket. It's cute.

Just finished watching Fruits Basket. I really love this show. ;_;

I can't believe I waited this long to buy it. Thanks guys for posting the sale.

I just ordered Fruits Basket, Princess Tutu, and Great Teacher Onizuka Box Set 1 ($30.58 on the DOTD). Also purchased a Got Anime membership to take 10% off GTO, should also come in handy later seeing as I buy most of my anime now from RightStuf. Was on the fence about Negima but decided to pass after reading up on it.

What have been peoples' experiences with missing shipments? I'm tracking my package right now and it's been in my city, processing, for the past three days. If it does end up being lost, will RightStuf compensate me?

And for the record, I'm not a paranoid one. I just like to know what my options are. I generally know the timing for my post office when Delivery Confirmation is used (I order a lot online) and I figured that it'd have been here by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']What have been peoples' experiences with missing shipments? I'm tracking my package right now and it's been in my city, processing, for the past three days. If it does end up being lost, will RightStuf compensate me?

And for the record, I'm not a paranoid one. I just like to know what my options are. I generally know the timing for my post office when Delivery Confirmation is used (I order a lot online) and I figured that it'd have been here by now.[/quote]

Never had to do that before, personally I'd call the postal service and see what happened. Very well could be that it's bouncing around a little bit. Happened to me a few times, packages would stay in town for about 2-3 days before delivery (guess it missed the truck each day).

The PO has been 'holding' packages for the last few months. If an item is media mail and it says 7-10 days for delivery, the PO will wait until day 7 or longer to deliver the package, even if it is in your town within 1 day.

I had to watch my Amazon package sit an hour from my house for 6 days, before it was delivered.

Got Fruits Basket a couple days ago, and just got Basilisk (guess it was ordered).

Not a bad sale. I would have liked to get Trinity Blood, but i have enough for now, and it still seemed kinda high.

According to my order page, Azumanga Daioh is being held for my order, but Fruits Basket and Kodocha 1+2 are all on order from manufacturer.

Ah well. I'll get 'em eventually.

Hm. Coincidentally, I got an email this morning that Azumanga Daioh and the two Kodocha sets were shipped, so now I'm just waiting on Fruits Basket (which I know I just missed, since it said it was in stock when I ordered).

S-cry-ed and Fantastic Children came today, Moon Phase, Street Fighter movie, Battle Angel, Witch Hunter Robin, and the Orphen statue have shipped... just waiting on Tweeny Witches now. My 20% sale order with all the manga and the Mermaid Forest box shipped too.

I have a lot of crap on the way from TRSI. :D

[quote name='DuelLadyS']...just waiting on Tweeny Witches now.[/quote]
And it won't be coming to you anytime soon (if you don't know about it already). The release date for this has been pushed back to 4/7/09. The release never came out on 12/2/08 and it took MB about a month to announce the delay.

[quote name='WTK']And it won't be coming to you anytime soon (if you don't know about it already). The release date for this has been pushed back to 4/7/09. The release never came out on 12/2/08 and it took MB about a month to announce the delay.[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks- I bought that with a gift card, too. I'll have to remember to double-check the fees on that, I'd hate to wait longer because of getting nickeled-and-dimed out of the money...

[quote name='thelonepig']Fruits Basket is still backordered. Of course now they've got Gankutsuou for $60 on their weekly deals... tempting.[/QUOTE]

Really? Guess i got one of the last ones, nice. :p

bread's done
Back