[DEAD] $12 off Pre Orders $49.99 and up - Newegg (includes Wii U/PC games)

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Use promo code EMCNBHJ256

I found a few games it doesn't work for but it should work on most Xbox/PS3/Wii U/PC games.

A couple games that will drop to $37.99 after code:
Rayman Legends Wii U
The Witch and The Hundred Knights
Dead Island Riptide
Dragons Crown
Dance Central 3

Also might want to lock in any pre orders that could be rare-ish later like Halo 4 limited or Forza Horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread really showed me how much the launch lineup for the WiiU sucks.

My son really wants one for the holidays, but there is no way i'm going to buy a launch console unless the lineup includes some triple A nintendo licenses.

[quote name='ogre52']May i please ask how you purchased it at such a low price for $38?

Amazon has the Premier Club & Mechromancer class & $10 off future purchase promo...........but it's $60 there........what to do.......what to do?[/QUOTE]
PC version is $38 after code.

[quote name='daminion']This thread really showed me how much the launch lineup for the WiiU sucks.

My son really wants one for the holidays, but there is no way i'm going to buy a launch console unless the lineup includes some triple A nintendo licenses.[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros U, ZombiU, and Rayman Legends will be more than enough for me. And remember, Smash Bros is also on the way.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Definitely no to soundtracks.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. Newegg has been excellent at getting ahold of preorder-bonus soundtracks for quite some time now. The last two games I ordered from them, Persona 4 Arena and The Last Story, the latter of which had really limited distribution for its bonus CD (GameStop, Amazon, and Newegg), both came with their respective soundtracks.

[quote name='Drclaw411']$10 says that despite everything Newegg has been doing, Amazon wins the cheapy award for best retailer.[/QUOTE]

And i think they should. While newegg and best buy have had great deals, amazon has the best price on anything like 95% of the time.

[quote name='ogre52']May i please ask how you purchased it at such a low price for $38?

Amazon has the Premier Club & Mechromancer class & $10 off future purchase promo...........but it's $60 there........what to do.......what to do?[/QUOTE]

As Shockandaww said, PC version is cheaper. Gearbox is awesome!

Hehe I used this code for the Assassins Creed Vita bundle. Pre ordered here because it's the only place with the free memory card and it's $12 cheaper.

I changed 3 pre-orders from 10 to 12 off. And then added a new pre-order. From my wallet's point of view, this deal cost me money.

Here's what I have preordered (obviously as I find any better deals on any of them or decide I don't want them I'll cancel):

Dishonored
The Last Of Us
The Last Guardian
The Witch and The Hundred Knights
PS All Stars
Halo 4 Limited
Forza Horizon CE
Skylanders 2 Portal Owners
Black Ops 2
Dance Central 3
Bioshock Infinite (PC)
Metro Last Light (PC)
Borderlands 2 (PC)
Assassins Creed 3 (PC)
Dragon's Crown
Sly Cooper
GTA V
Dead Island Riptide
South Park
Ruin
Devil May Cry
Walking Dead
Beyond: Two Souls
Tomb Raider

Then with the $10 off code:
Virtues Last Reward (will cancel and get that watch when they announce whos getting it)
Luigis Mansion 2
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon
Little Big Planet Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Persona 4 Golden

[quote name='watcher0']Dang Shock, I wish I had the time to play that many games a year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']How many of those games are going to drop to a lower price then you'll have paid by the time you get to them?[/QUOTE]

Well I dont have anywhere near enough time to play half of them in reality. Of all those I'll end up canceling half. Games like Ruin and Devil May Cry I dont really have much interest in unless they end up being very good; and since there's a pesky habit of not releasing reviews until release day any of those will be canceled. Halo 4 and Forza I dont have any interest in unless they become rare so I'll cancel those if they don't.

There just isn't any reason to not preorder them now aside from the fact that I sometimes forget I have something preordered. I've done that twice now so I'm hoping I've learned to check my orders more or write down release dates so I know when to cancel.

edit: also any coming out a month or so before Black Friday will end up canceled except for a couple that I need day one (which'll also be canceled and ordered from Amazon or bought at Gamestop..)

[quote name='cthomer5000']And i think they should. While newegg and best buy have had great deals, amazon has the best price on anything like 95% of the time.[/QUOTE]

Well, with this $12 code, not to mention the previous $15 and $10 codes, Newegg has offered the best launch price on 100% games that have yet to release.

X-COM for PC is showing up as $60 on Amazon and Gamestop, so not only does Newegg have a lower price to begin with, but with the code it ends up being about $20 cheaper than everyone else even after tax. And the PC edition is a "Special Edition" and not retailer-specific. So, awesome.

Amazon,Bestbuy,Target,Kmart can go suck a egg because Newegg rules 2012 and 2013 with the best preorder deals.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well I dont have anywhere near enough time to play half of them in reality. Of all those I'll end up canceling half. Games like Ruin and Devil May Cry I dont really have much interest in unless they end up being very good; and since there's a pesky habit of not releasing reviews until release day any of those will be canceled. Halo 4 and Forza I dont have any interest in unless they become rare so I'll cancel those if they don't.

There just isn't any reason to not preorder them now aside from the fact that I sometimes forget I have something preordered. I've done that twice now so I'm hoping I've learned to check my orders more or write down release dates so I know when to cancel.

edit: also any coming out a month or so before Black Friday will end up canceled except for a couple that I need day one (which'll also be canceled and ordered from Amazon or bought at Gamestop..)[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing you did. I preordered around 20 games, but only 4 of them come out in 2012, and two of those most likely will get canceled.

I prefer to preorder a game now, lock in a decent preorder price, and cancel it later, than want a game close to release and not have a decent deal IMO (Darksiders 2 comes to mind, I wish I had preorder that game here). As you stated, we just gotta keep track of what I preordered and when it releases so I don't "accidentally" buy and we I wanted to cancel it.

Bummer that the code doesn't work on Ragnarok Odyssey: Mercenary edition. As soon as I saw the facebook post I tried to switch my preorder :(

Man I totally forgot to preorder Forza Horizon's LE. Every other Forza LE has completely disappeared after launch so this is probably the best deal I'm going to get (missed the $15 discount). Should I even bother with it? I haven't even opened my Forza 4 LE yet...

I want it just to have it because I really enjoyed Forza years ago but I couldn't even finish 3. Not that it was bad, just that I think I'm done playing racing sims as they have seemingly maxed out what they can be so it's very much a 'you've played one you've played them all' situation for me. I would like to go back to 3, then play 4 and then Horizon but I have no idea when that's going to be given that my backlog is seemingly never ending since joining CAG.

Is it on one preorder or can you do multiple preorders with the code? I want to do NHL 13 and black ops 2

[quote name='BamNanas']Is it on one preorder or can you do multiple preorders with the code? I want to do NHL 13 and black ops 2[/QUOTE]
you have to make a separate order for each game and use the code on each order

alright cool. thinking of preordering black ops declassified and as soon as they say its not going to have zombies cancel it

So my friend sunk it into my head about how "big a deal" this was and in addition to WWE 13, I also bit on for Dragon's Crown, The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Worst case scenario, I cancel the last three when/if a Collector's Edition gets announced (or if DC and BI get cancelled)

[quote name='CBas92']Anyone have insight on why this isn't working on Puppeteer? That games looks refreshingly fun.[/QUOTE]
Don't know I tried that one too. You'd have to contact CS about it.

thanks for this due to this i saved 12 dollars on WWE 13', Skylanders giants for Wii-u, also on Darksiders 2 Wiiu and Assassins creed 3 Wiiu thats alot of money savings = )

[quote name='Braxis']awesome just got Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition for the price of standard version[/QUOTE]
what?! i am gonna do that one too!!

[quote name='spauldingfan']I'm guessing they are like amazon ans charge your card when the game ships? If that's the case I'm gonna stock up now :)[/QUOTE]
yes that is how they are but for some reason on my cart Ragnarok Odyssey special edition isn't working i wonder how that guy got it!

[quote name='Saroyan']Bummer that the code doesn't work on Ragnarok Odyssey: Mercenary edition. As soon as I saw the facebook post I tried to switch my preorder :([/QUOTE]
I knew someone was lying saying they got it for Ragnarok Cuz i also tried and it is not working but i did contact Customer service and got a prompt message saying once the item ships i will be refunded 12 dollars back to me so message them now as far as the Ragnarok special edition goes i am going to gamestop and cancelling my preorder lol screw them lol

[quote name='apterous']Bit on Mugen Souls. Was considering the ltd edition off of NISA's website, but with this code it's $65 for the ltd edition or $38 for the regular edition. No contest.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, besides, $15 extra for different box art is pretty steep. The sponge and hand towel is just dumb. :/

[quote name='Drclaw411']Well, with this $12 code, not to mention the previous $15 and $10 codes, Newegg has offered the best launch price on 100% games that have yet to release.[/QUOTE]

agreed. preorders newegg is winning by far. plenty of crap i have for 2013 is guarantted at 44.99. thats a 20 dollar saving including tax. its hard to beat that really.

thats sort of the thing best buy and amazon wont do this for every game. newegg straight up did it for damn near every game.

[quote name='Braxis']awesome just got Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Edition for the price of standard version[/QUOTE]

Why are you lying?! I just tried it and I am getting the same message as yesterday. I even tried chatting with a rep and he couldn't do anything about it either.

Just finished a chat with CS. They said the code didn't work on ragnarok ME because it can only be used on one item per account. I didn't call BS since I have used the code on three items, didn't want them canceled

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to chat with CS also for Ragnarok ME. They just said "sorry, the code only works for specific items and that one isn't on the list."

Was gonna preorder dishonored on PC cause thats right when I plan on finishing my gaming pc, but why is it $59.99? I thought PC games retailed at $49.99 usually. Either way if this is going to be the best version I think ill still order it for PC instead of 360

[quote name='Bosamba']Deal has expired[/QUOTE]
Still working for me.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Was gonna preorder dishonored on PC cause thats right when I plan on finishing my gaming pc, but why is it $59.99? I thought PC games retailed at $49.99 usually. Either way if this is going to be the best version I think ill still order it for PC instead of 360[/QUOTE]Same here I wish it was $50. It's probably the game (along with Virtues Last Reward) I'm most looking forward to this year.

Either the code just expired or it's not working for me.

bread's done
Back