(DEAD) $5.99 Blu-rays at Best Buy

Luuc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Went to Best Buy today to get :br:Avatar for $14.99 and right there in front of the doors was a display advertising $5.99 Blu-rays. I took a picture of both sides of the display but I felt really sketchy standing out in the open taking pictures of stuff, so they were taken quickly and one is blurry... my apologies.

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Here's the full list, taken from the website: (Thanks to demonchylde for providing the link.)
Bad Lieutenant
Bank Job
Basic Instinct
Blair Witch Project
Chaos
Crank
Crash
Descent
High Tension
House of 1000 Corpses
Kickboxer
King of New York
Lord of War
Ninth Gate
The Punisher
Rambo III
Rambo: First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Red Heat
Repo! The Genetic Opera
Resevoir Dogs
Requiem for a Dream
Running Man
Stargate
Total Recall
War
Wonderland
Young Guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm Im just starting my blu ray collection and I already own the best of those on DVD but 5.99 is pretty Darn good? Especially for total recall, wonderland, Running man, and maybe crank.

P.S. Don't feel bad about taking pictures of stuff lol, maybe get a tripod tho j/k hehe

Here's the link to the list of titles on Best Buy's site.

Pretty sure this was in their Sunday ad too

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, would like to get Reservoir Dogs and Requiem for a Dream. And would really love to get Repo, since my dvd has some scratches. But Reservoir Dogs is the only one of those that has decent reviews for picture quality. So I guess I won't order any. Don't feel like placing an order for only 1 movie.

Got Total Recall and The punisher today. Lot more on that list I'd like to pick up like Reservoir Dogs, Running Man, Basic Instinct, Crank, Repo!, and Requiem for a Dream

Edited the first post to have the entire list and a link to the website.

I didn't actually buy any of them when I was there, but I'll probably be back to get Repo!, Crash, and Resevoir Dogs. I have all three on DVD but I've kinda become obsessed with making my own DVD/Blu-Ray combo packs...

Don't know how much shipping is on this, but I checked on Amazon and the three I wanted (Reservoir, Requiem, and Repo) are all $7.50. So if you are ordering a couple (or going in-store) it's still cheaper to go with BB I guess. My wife is gonna kill me though. I grabbed the three I wanted, the BTTF Trilogy from this morning, Avatar 3-disc extended for cheap, and 300. I'm gonna die when these all come in the mail...

[quote name='georox']I advise giving Repo! a watch at this price if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]
Oh, it's fantastic. But like I said above, the quality of the transfer isn't too good, according to HDD and BR.com. So that might be a factor for some people. I only really buy Blus that look stunning, but my dvd for Repo was a rental copy and scratches, so I figured I would replace it, at the loss of detail in the picture.

But it is great. I just wish I could get more people to watch it. I tell them about it and they say 'Oh, so a musical? Pass.' I try to explain "No, no. A rock opera!" but it's too late by that point.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Too bad that $5 coupon only works for BD's $14.99 and up![/QUOTE]

true. wonder if anyones actually tried it on a sale item under $14.99. Most of these titles are marked $19.99

I have read that total recall will be getting a new BluRay some time but for 6 bucks might as well pick it up. To bad Stargate is the old disc and not the newer one. I didn't notice more for 6 bucks when I picked up High Tension. If I did I would have picked up Reservoir Dogs, Repo! and Lord of War.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']true. wonder if anyones actually tried it on a sale item under $14.99. Most of these titles are marked $19.99[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, maybe I'll try today!

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Who thinks amazon will price match?[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem like they're going to. Oh well.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']true. wonder if anyones actually tried it on a sale item under $14.99. Most of these titles are marked $19.99[/QUOTE]

I tried it a couple of times on blus under $14.99 (specifically, X-Men 1 and 2 as well as Total Recall) and it does NOT work. Looks like the Best Buy coupon coders actually got this one somewhat right. Thankfully, it still works on sale items at or above the $14.99 price point. But yes, $.99 blus would have been awesome.

Picked up The Bank Job, Reservoir Dogs, and Lord of War. Thought that was pretty solid. And picked up V for Vendetta for $10 which has the $8 code to see Green Hornet which I was planning on seeing this weekend anyway, so win-win.

[quote name='conebone69']picked up Rambo 1-3, punisher, total recall, and running man.
Quick question, is red heat any good?[/QUOTE]

Red Heat is great, one of my favorite 80s Arnold action movies.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I can't believe I've ever besmirched this coupon in the first page. This coupon is so amazing lol[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the $5 off $14.99 or higher blus tjen that eouldnt have worked with these

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If you're referring to the $5 off $14.99 or higher blus tjen that eouldnt have worked with these[/QUOTE]Yeah, I posted in the wrong thread lol oops

[quote name='dbiersdorf']And picked up V for Vendetta for $10 which has the $8 code to see Green Hornet which I was planning on seeing this weekend anyway, so win-win.[/QUOTE]

Something doesn't quite compute here... :lol:

If that coupon really is for Green Hornet, you're late by a few months, buddy. That's the Seth Rogen movie that came out earlier this year. If you're talking about Green Lantern, which opened last Friday, though, then you still have a chance. :cool:

bread's done
Back