[Dead] Amazon DOTD: Rock Band 3 Pro Guitars $80, RB3Wii w/ keyboard $35

EvilEvincar

CAGiversary!
[Notice: The Deal Died] It isn't here anymore. So instead, go here and buy my e-book. Yes, it is completely unrelated. And shameless. But as an independent author, you have to be shameless and plug everywhere.

Title says it all. Saw this on amazon's twitter feed.
The pro guitars are for all three systems. Probably the best deal you'll get outside random clearance.
On the other hand there's RB3 for the Wii. Not the best version (mostly due to Nintendo's inane DLC policies), but still great. Even if for the keyboard the deal isn't bad.

So clicky for those who's interested

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for a good deal on the PS3 keyboard forever now. It's ridiculous that it's still $65 ($74 for 360) for the keyboard only, while the Wii game and keyboard together are $35.

does anyone have any real world thoughts on that guitar? I'm interested at $80.

Also, wasn't this $72 or so recently? past couple months?

I think the instrument prices are ridiculously overpriced. I know its getting a rerelease but good lord how about some discounts on the plastic instruments? The Rb3 drums are always around 100 or more while the game itself has been 20 msrp forever. Yes I am mad.

Oh thank God they adjusted the price. I checked this at midnight and they had the Wii keyboard bundle listed at $85. I'm really tempted to bite on it as NewEgg had the bundle for around $30 or $35 before. I just don't know if it'll be the same price or lower come Black Friday/holiday season shopping.

Bought this about a month ago when they had the daily deal for $93, still unopened. Hate how amazon always does that. Win some, lose some I guess.

Madcatz is rereleasing 360 RB3 with this guitar for a Christmas bundle (and another bundle including keyboard and cheaper guitar), which is probably why Amazon keeps trying to move these. No price details about the rerelease yet.

Does the Wii/Xbox keyboard work on the PC? It would really be
cool to finally have an inexpensive midi keyboard, for the PC.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Does the Wii/Xbox keyboard work on the PC? It would really be
cool to finally have an inexpensive midi keyboard, for the PC.[/QUOTE]

The Wii keyboard does over bluetooth, which is why I bit on the deal at $35. I believe all of the keyboards should work using a midi cable.

I can't for the life of me find the site I had found months ago about doing it via bluetooth with the Wii remote and a bluetooth dongle. But people have successfully done it for the keyboard, Guitar Hero/Rock Band drums, and even the DJ Hero turntable. I'm sure there's videos of it on YouTube.

Here is a manual if you want to use a midi cable:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg715.imageshack.us%2Fimg715%2F1525%2Frb3keyboardmidimanualv2.pdf&rct=j&q=Use%20wii%20rockband%203%20keyboard%20as%20midi%20pc&ei=y9CGTpC5LMHhiAKe25ivDA&usg=AFQjCNFcUyTpEhvZlZCLohkHGRBxNnfwEg&sig2=-4uSJ-4lNeaiOZL7Hw517g&cad=rja

Here is some information about doing the same with drums:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-Wii-Rock-band-Instruments-into-Real-Instrumen-1/

bread's done
Back