[DEAD] Amazon Gold Box - All X-Files Seasons $13.99 each (DVD)

I am definitely tempted by these prices because its a lot of bang for your buck. But I've been watching the seasons with all the convenience of Netflix streaming.

Also watching these on Netflix - and I just somehow doubt a show that ended 7 years ago is going to get a BR treatment at this point. Look Amazon, Netflix is costing you sales!

[quote name='sabin23']I'm tempted but Fox is probably going to re-dip again with blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

I don't know man, the window that is getting shorter by the month. Double dips will be history when some sort of streaming service gets their act together..

but this is a pretty good deal! I would want a more consolidated boxed series set. I can't do individuals for long runs anymore, takes up too much room on the racks..

Dumb question, but are these sets, the slim sets (cramming six discs into three cases :bouncy:), or the super-slim sets (cramming six discs into a case clearly designed to hold only one disc :bomb: damn I hate those!).

I only need season six....maybe seven. Whichever ones were before they totally screwed up the story of Mulder's sister.

[quote name='grundy']
I only need season six....maybe seven. Whichever ones were before they totally screwed up the story of Mulder's sister.[/QUOTE]
The first five seasons were golden, but six and seven were pretty good too. Mulder's sister stuff was "resolved" in season 7 because Duchovny was leaving, followed with all that other crap
: John Doggett's entry, Scully's pregnancy, Super Soldiers, etc
. Personally I stopped at 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting. I bought Season 1 and 2 when Amazon had all the seasons for 12.99 each last year (around Thanksgiving), but now Netflix has all 9 seasons in their instant collection so I think I'll just go that route.

i picked up that massive collection box set with all the extras. i like the packaging. amazon had it for 150 or so a year ago

TheX-Files_Compl_Int.jpg

Thanks OP, but I'll stick to the big collectors editions. :D I only need Seasons 6 and 8 to complete my set. :D

I picked up Seasons 6-9 to complete my set... these sets are gigantic on my shelf.

Were these shows not shot in HD?

The transfers of Season 6-9 on Netflix streaming don't seem to be up to par with something say of a Lost... and I popped in the Season 5 DVD for the first time in 8 years on my Plasma and it didn't fare to well.

bread's done
Back