[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm on the fence about buying the Soul Eater Blu-Rays. Do ya'll have any tips or any wisdom to help me with this decision?

[quote name='Nodarg']Guys, I'm on the fence about buying the Soul Eater Blu-Rays. Do ya'll have any tips or any wisdom to help me with this decision?[/QUOTE]

I would never rewatch Soul Eater in a million years. The animation is slick and the character designs are cool, but that's all the show has going for it. If you have Netflix, watch it there instead.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I would never rewatch Soul Eater in a million years. The animation is slick and the character designs are cool, but that's all the show has going for it. If you have Netflix, watch it there instead.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I suppose you're right. I'm a sucker for good deals though. I did pick up some some other things though:

Evangelion 2.22
Summer Wars
FLCL
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo

[quote name='SuxoR']Hmmm on the fence on Love Hina...maybe if it was Blu-ray T_T[/QUOTE]

Love Hina would gain nothing from a Blu-ray transfer, as it was not produced in HD.

[quote name='Nodarg']Haha, I suppose you're right. I'm a sucker for good deals though. I did pick up some some other things though:

Evangelion 2.22
Summer Wars
FLCL
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo[/QUOTE]

Those are all much better choices!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Love Hina would gain nothing from a Blu-ray transfer, as it was not produced in HD. [/QUOTE]

True, but other shows not produced in HD have gotten upscales, which usually look at least a little bit better. I'm kind of doubtful of them giving Love Hina that treatment, though.

[quote name='Nodarg']Guys, I'm on the fence about buying the Soul Eater Blu-Rays. Do ya'll have any tips or any wisdom to help me with this decision?[/QUOTE]

My favorite series of all time, if you don't at least watch them, you gotta pick them up!

[quote name='nbskid']My favorite series of all time, if you don't at least watch them, you gotta pick them up![/QUOTE]

It's entertaining, but I dint know about watching it twice. It's extremely rare for me to watch something more than once nowadays though.

[quote name='Nodarg']True, but other shows not produced in HD have gotten upscales, which usually look at least a little bit better. I'm kind of doubtful of them giving Love Hina that treatment, though.[/QUOTE]

Meh not really. The Samurai Champloo blus looked horrid in my opinion. The only real advantage I see in getting Anime Blu ray upscales is for the DTS Master HD or the Dolby True HD soundtracks.

I don't have the time to re-watch an anime, but for what it's worth, Eden of the East is definitely an interesting piece of work. I don't get why you'd buy it when it's on YouTube for free.

It continues with two movies, none of which I've seen yet. The first one is available on Netflix.

wish i would have gotten the rest of the fma brotherhood blurays when they were 20 bucks. i wonder how long ill have to wait before they're that low again.

Absolutely, I've watched it twice and totally dig everything about it. Watching it a second time was even more fun for me, a rare treat in anime.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']wish i would have gotten the rest of the fma brotherhood blurays when they were 20 bucks. i wonder how long ill have to wait before they're that low again.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, just buy them! lol I'm nearing the end of the series, and I'm consistently amazed at just how good it is. It really makes all the other anime that I used to consider great seem a lot less special.

Well after hovering over this sale for several weeks without actually buying anything, finally ended up ordering Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 on blu-ray. Will be my first anime on blu-ray!

[quote name='Zaku77']It doesn't matter, just buy them! lol I'm nearing the end of the series, and I'm consistently amazed at just how good it is. It really makes all the other anime that I used to consider great seem a lot less special.[/QUOTE]

agree! FMA brotherhood is one of the best animes of all time!

[quote name='fishphoenix']Well after hovering over this sale for several weeks without actually buying anything, finally ended up ordering Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 on blu-ray. Will be my first anime on blu-ray![/QUOTE]

It's a good place to start.

I can't stress how much everyone needs to buy Case Closed. I have spoken to an insider at Funimation recently and he has been given a certain number the series needs to reach for Funi to continue dubbing the movies/series. Its truely an awesome show! And a great value! Only $13 for 800 minutes worth of content in each set!

also if you are interested in helping to save case closed the insider has made a facebook page and youtube channel-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Case-Closed/234820129881980?sk=wall
http://www.youtube.com/user/SaveCaseClosed

Case Closed does sound like a good deal. Does the show's uncertain future mean that a Blu-Ray release is unlikely?

[quote name='eastx']Case Closed does sound like a good deal. Does the show's uncertain future mean that a Blu-Ray release is unlikely?[/QUOTE]

highly unlikely... at least for the season sets since the it was 480p digitally. However if Funimation does decide to release some more movies they will likely be putting them on Blu-Ray. Either way its an awesome show and definately a great value for the money! Especially for $13 each and each set contain more than 25 episodes

[quote name='eastx']Case Closed does sound like a good deal. Does the show's uncertain future mean that a Blu-Ray release is unlikely?[/QUOTE]

There probably won't be any Blu-ray versions of the tv series by Funimation. Funimation has gone on record stating that they're not planning anything else with the tv series, as the season sets have sold horribly. They just did the same thing with the When They Cry & Familiar of Zero season sets. So just consider what is released the only tv series stuff they'll release.

The movies, on the other hand, have a chance. Since those have sold decently. Plus it's less work for Funimation to transfer them to Blu-ray, as the Blu-rays of most of them have already been released in japan.

I'm an Evangelion fan, so I'm blind buying 1.11, and 2.22.

Also blind buying Eden of the East while it's on sale.

What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy? Thinking of doing the Berserk Collection for $32 while I'm at it since everyone I know says it's awesome and epic and worth every cent. I was waiting for a Blu-ray honestly.

[quote name='b3b0p']I'm an Evangelion fan, so I'm blind buying 1.11, and 2.22.

Also blind buying Eden of the East while it's on sale.

What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy? Thinking of doing the Berserk Collection for $32 while I'm at it since everyone I know says it's awesome and epic and worth every cent. I was waiting for a Blu-ray honestly.[/QUOTE]

Case Closed is also known as Detective Conan. It's mostly light-hearted. I myself like it, and have had the 5 box sets released, and two of the movies.

[quote name='b3b0p']What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy? [/QUOTE]

It's a light-hearted mystery series that involves
a high-school detective turning into a little kid

elessar, it's actually 6 movies. The Phantom of Baker Street(movie 6) was the last movie that Funimation released.

[quote name='tangytangerine']It's a light-hearted mystery series that involves
a high-school detective turning into a little kid

elessar, it's actually 6 movies. The Phantom of Baker Street(movie 6) was the last movie that Funimation released.[/QUOTE]

I know there's more than 2. I meant I have two =P

I just don't like telling people directly to buy a show, because you have to know a person pretty well to know if they'll genuinely like it. So the most I could say was what I own of it.

[quote name='Vash1306']Anyone know if the sale ends exactly as it hits 12am August 8th or it ends Monday night before 12am?[/QUOTE]

Ends Monday night's midnight.

[quote name='ShogunNage']anyone have any opinions about Gun x Sword and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple?[/QUOTE]

Gun X Sword is a mediocre Trigun.

[quote name='eastx']I went ahead and bought all 5 seasons of Case Closed. I had better like it! >:)[/QUOTE]

Good choice! You won't be disappointed. Make sure to pick up the movies if you like the series.

Dang. I didn't know case closed was that cheap and now seasons 2 - 4 have gone up. Maybe I'll still pick up season 1 and 5. I'm sure they will go on sale again.

[quote name='ShogunNage']anyone have any opinions about ... Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple?[/QUOTE]
Standard shounen fighting series. Boy gets stronger to beat opponent, boy beats opponent, opponent becomes friend, on to the next opponent with new friend's help. The overall plot is based on a feud that doesn't make sense... they never give a good reason why the main enemy is so pissed off at Kenichi. It's fun to watch Kenichi get stronger and use his new training in each fight. Definitely worth a Netflix stream (the whole series is available) but not worth a buy.

Ugh why can't they have FMA:B for under $20 a season, tempted to jump on the Kai sets but i think i will wait for the inevitable complete set.

[quote name='styl3s']Ugh why can't they have FMA:B for under $20 a season, tempted to jump on the Kai sets but i think i will wait for the inevitable complete set.[/QUOTE]Uh, they did have FMA: B for under $20 a season on BluRay, for S1 - S4.

It was a couple of weeks ago as their BluRay DOTW.

I can't decide whether I should pull the trigger on Detective Conan/Case Closed or not. I know it's a good price, but it is still $111 for everything available (5 seasons + 6 movies). Not to mention I have an anime backlog that is just as long as my game backlog (and pretty much every other backlog as well).

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh, they did have FMA: B for under $20 a season on BluRay, for S1 - S4.

It was a couple of weeks ago as their BluRay DOTW.[/QUOTE]

Clearly i am referring to this sale, if i knew they were on sale a couple of weeks ago i would of bought them all. Anyways nothing else on the list that interest me other than the DBZ:K stuff but i have seen DBZ like 100 times so i can wait till a full set comes out.

[quote name='styl3s']Clearly i am referring to this sale, if i knew they were on sale a couple of weeks ago i would of bought them all. Anyways nothing else on the list that interest me other than the DBZ:K stuff but i have seen DBZ like 100 times so i can wait till a full set comes out.[/QUOTE]

That was kinda part of this sale. It was definitely going on DURING this sale so I'm inclined to guess that's why they were on sale.

Also, can someone recommend me something new? I just finished up Eden of the East. I really enjoyed it, as it was something different.

I'm a big fan of DBZ, FMA: B, & Evangelion, if that helps explain my taste.

[quote name='Mixer236']Also, can someone recommend me something new? I just finished up Eden of the East. I really enjoyed it, as it was something different.

I'm a big fan of DBZ, FMA: B, & Evangelion, if that helps explain my taste.[/QUOTE] well if you haven't seen cowboy bebop, i would recommend it.

bread's done
Back