[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Avoid the Devil May Cry anime at all costs.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that bad... If ya got Netflix, watch on on streaming.

[quote name='shrike4242']I hope you're complaining to Amazon and asking them to replace the "new" items.[/QUOTE]

Oh I definitely let them have it on this whole "new" item stuff and getting the replacements.

However, I'm not sure how much of it is really even sinking in on the actual problem itself. I just received a response back for the second package that came used and not new, and the response was instead addressing shipping packaging,

"Please understand that we make every attempt to package items securely to protect them during shipping, but sometimes damage does occur in spite of all our efforts. I'm very sorry for that."

The first item I had to get replaced was also replaced for the wrong reason.

They marked it down as improper packaging on the reason for return.

But replaced is replaced I guess.

[quote name='Zaku77']Not necessarily. If your new accounts get shut down for the same reason though, then you'll start having them onyour back.[/QUOTE]
Is that what you're counting on?

[quote name='Zaku77']It's a long story, but suffice it to say I have a lot of experience on the matter.[/QUOTE]

I kind of want to hear this story now. :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Oh I definitely let them have it on this whole "new" item stuff and getting the replacements.

However, I'm not sure how much of it is really even sinking in on the actual problem itself. I just received a response back for the second package that came used and not new, and the response was instead addressing shipping packaging,

"Please understand that we make every attempt to package items securely to protect them during shipping, but sometimes damage does occur in spite of all our efforts. I'm very sorry for that."

The first item I had to get replaced was also replaced for the wrong reason.

They marked it down as improper packaging on the reason for return.

But replaced is replaced I guess.[/QUOTE]I think whomever read your emails about the two orders didn't understand what you were talking about, save the "replace my items" statements.

If they're covering the return, that's the important thing, though if that was me in that situation, I'd send them another email to clarify each situation and what's wrong with both of them.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is Devil May Cry any good? I like the games, but do not typically watch anime.[/QUOTE]

No, just save your money. I was interested in it last month & ordered Vol. 2 to look into it, since it was $1.59 shipped. Was disappointed to see how bad the anime turned out to be. The anime ruins the characters that the games built.

If anyone is interested in buying one of these shows, look on Funimation's Youtube channel or Hulu. Most of the stuff in this sale is streaming on either site and should let you decide if you want to buy them or not.

[quote name='Squarehard']"Please understand that we make every attempt to package items securely to protect them during shipping, but sometimes damage does occur in spite of all our efforts. I'm very sorry for that."[/QUOTE]

How is fingerprints on the disc damage during shipment? Sounds like the CS rep didn't quite understand the email.

Seems like Amazon is getting lazy with packaging. Got a another anime DVD yesterday from my orders over the weekend that arrived cracked(inner ring to about halfway into the disc). They just shrugged it off and refunded the money due to being OOS. 3rd time in a few months I've had to contact them about receiving damaged discs(1st two were out of the spindle & scratched to hell).

Well my DBGT Complete Series DVD arrived today and upon opening it up 4 of the discs immediately fell out. It turns out 4 of the disc holders were broken and missing pieces and once I picked the discs up I saw that they had fingerprints and scuffs on them. I immediately shipped it back via UPS just 10 mins. ago. Receiving damaged goods is just unacceptable in my opinion.

[quote name='Squarehard']I kind of want to hear this story now. :D[/QUOTE]

Best if we don't broach that subject methinks haha

[quote name='FireWarrior']Well my DBGT Complete Series DVD arrived today and upon opening it up 4 of the discs immediately fell out. It turns out 4 of the disc holders were broken and missing pieces and once I picked the discs up I saw that they had fingerprints and scuffs on them. I immediately shipped it back via UPS just 10 mins. ago. Receiving damaged goods is just unacceptable in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, but I really dislike the DBGT complete box (not as much as the series though lol). Definitely glad I got the individual boxes on the cheap individually, but that's just me.

I've never had anything from Amazon be broken though, let alone fingerprints on the discs, that's just odd.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I've never had anything from Amazon be broken though, let alone fingerprints on the discs, that's just odd.[/QUOTE]

I don't normally have issues like these with Amazon, maybe once in a blue moon, but this time, I hit it twice in a row.

Yeesh...

I watched Eden of the East on the FUNimation YouTube page. Good stuff, and now I know I don't have to buy it.

I am tempted to get the movies though.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't normally have issues like these with Amazon, maybe once in a blue moon, but this time, I hit it twice in a row.

Yeesh...[/QUOTE]

Usually Amazon is pretty good to me. I say 95% of the time I have no issues with them and I'm the first to say I'm pretty dam picky about the condition of my items I receive. Last problem I had via Amazon was with when I Dragon Boxes 2 & 3 back in November I think. A badly scratched up disk in each, but what I like about Amazon was they shipped out new ones without having me send the bad ones back first. So when I got the replacement I just swapped the best looking disc & packaging and then sent back the overall worst looking set.

I find at least when I order stuff the longer it's been out, i.e. at least for me. The more likely it theirs something wrong with it. Dragon Box 5 I pre ordered came in absolute mint condition. Another funny thing is I have yet to receive a blu ray from amazon either in movie or game format that hasn't been floating around in the case. But not a single mark on the disc or problem as a result.:lol:

Damn you Netflix for not having Slayers Revolution or Evolution in your DVD queue!

I dont know if i should buy them.

Put in for replacements since I received some of the repackaged crap as new too. If the replacements also come in like that I think I'll just ask for a refund.

[quote name='Capocci 007']hows The count of monte cristo? I'm really wanting to order this.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it. Visually it was very interesting and of course the story is a classic.

[quote name='Capocci 007']hows The count of monte cristo? I'm really wanting to order this.[/QUOTE]
Far more interesting and a much better ending than the 2002 film. And while at first I thought the animation "style" was god awful, you get used to it. It's also very loose with the original material, but in a mostly good way.

I was watching Dragon Ball Z with my son but it started to get too graphic and "grown up" for him. Has anyone seen the original Dragon Ball series? Is it any less violent or graphic? My son still is very interested in the Dragon Ball universe, would this be anymore appropriate than Dragon Ball Z? Thanks much.

[quote name='just joe']I was watching Dragon Ball Z with my son but it started to get too graphic and "grown up" for him. Has anyone seen the original Dragon Ball series? Is it any less violent or graphic? My son still is very interested in the Dragon Ball universe, would this be anymore appropriate than Dragon Ball Z? Thanks much.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is far less violent and a lot more kid friendly. It has more of an adventure tone rather than combat like Z is. And in fact if you ever let your son watch Z again he'd appreciate the series even more since Dragon Ball is a prequel to Z.

I didn't see it in the sale, but the price of XXXholic (SAVE) has gone down to 18.99.

It's a show that I really liked the first time around, but I can't see myself ever watching it again, unlike most other shows I buy.

[quote name='just joe']I was watching Dragon Ball Z with my son but it started to get too graphic and "grown up" for him. Has anyone seen the original Dragon Ball series? Is it any less violent or graphic? My son still is very interested in the Dragon Ball universe, would this be anymore appropriate than Dragon Ball Z? Thanks much.[/QUOTE]

The original Dragon Ball is for a bit younger audience, although Goku runs around naked from time to time. There is some subtle things that younger kids might not pick up on (mostly the Master Roshi related innuendo) but as far as actual violence goes there is action but not a lot of blood or gore. In addition it actually has somewhat more of a story, or an adventure as mentioned previously. It's not just doing training the whole time for the next big fight although that does show up more later in the series.

For me personally it started great and got progressively worse as the series went on. The last several episodes I absolutely hated and I did not find the conclusion satisfying. That being said the art alone held my interest for the first few episodes. I would pass, but that is just my opinion.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Yes it is far less violent and a lot more kid friendly. It has more of an adventure tone rather than combat like Z is. And in fact if you ever let your son watch Z again he'd appreciate the series even more since Dragon Ball is a prequel to Z.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drahken']The original Dragon Ball is for a bit younger audience, although Goku runs around naked from time to time. There is some subtle things that younger kids might not pick up on (mostly the Master Roshi related innuendo) but as far as actual violence goes there is action but not a lot of blood or gore. In addition it actually has somewhat more of a story, or an adventure as mentioned previously. It's not just doing training the whole time for the next big fight although that does show up more later in the series.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for your replies. So would you say the first season is worth it at $15.49?

The first season is definitely worth the price, and I actually prefer Dragon Ball to Z because it's got a far better mix of comedy and action. Still some filler though, unfortunately. Don't recall any in season one.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Would anyone suggest a good season of Case Closed? Is there a season that really stands out as better than the rest?[/QUOTE]

Season 1 or 2 would be your best bet. Season 3, 4 & 5 had a bunch of "meh" episodes that were just filler. Seasons 1 & 2 had the most interesting cases & tried to add something to the main story.

Finished Eden of the East yesterday and I don't really get the hype around it. As a blind buy, I can't say I was impressed nor disappointed really. I guess I was just expecting more from the talent behind it. I just wish I had seen the youtube links before it went to shipping because I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Season 1 or 2 would be your best bet. Season 3, 4 & 5 had a bunch of "meh" episodes that were just filler. Seasons 1 & 2 had the most interesting cases & tried to add something to the main story.[/QUOTE]
Got the first season since season 2 is like twice as much. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote name='Jodou']Finished Eden of the East yesterday and I don't really get the hype around it. As a blind buy, I can't say I was impressed nor disappointed really. I guess I was just expecting more from the talent behind it. I just wish I had seen the youtube links before it went to shipping because I doubt I'll ever watch it again.[/QUOTE]
Eden of the East was a show I loved so much the first time I watched it while it was still airing from beginning to end. Then the bluray went on sale earlier this year so I tried to watch it again, this time on youtube before my buy... I didn't make it through the first episode. Still haven't gotten around to the movies yet because of that.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Got the first season since season 2 is like twice as much. Thanks for the suggestion.[/QUOTE]

You can usually tell when a Detective Conan episode was made for tv, instead of adapted from the manga. There were a few tv-only cases that I guessed wrong on though, and were on par to the manga adaptations.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Weird about the price of Case Closed season 2. It was cheaper than season 1 last time I checked ($12.99 I believe)

edit: Oh I see it's not sold by Amazon. Amazon still has it for $12.99 but it's OOS at the moment (you can still order). Just go here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002FOQXTG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new[/QUOTE]

There's a few like that right now. I'm guess they're listing the available ones for free shipping first. Since Amazon probably doesn't know when they'll get more in stock(I think a few of them are out of print too).

Placed an order for Case Closed S2 for $12.99, currently OOS with an estimated delivery of August 10. I watched a lot of the series when it aired some time ago, and I just started watching the S1 set I randomly bought earlier. This will arrive in plenty of time for me to finish S1.

If you can't get FSSS or want the set immediately then you can buy it through shawnek (i.e. Rightstuf) for $14 after shipping.

-Update-
Order shipped on 7/29.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']shawnek also has the complete fist and second season of fullmetal alchemist (not viridian) for $29.99 each. not bad considering competitor prices.[/QUOTE]
i already check fullmetal alchemist part 5 $27.99 in amazon

Don't know if this justifies its own thread or not but I was looking for some dragon ball z movies and one in particular caught my eye.
Apparently the Broly triple feature on DVD is very rare now and pretty much everyone is selling it for $100+
This guys has it for $59.99 so it may end up being a good flip

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...p?ie=UTF8&qid=1311986697&sr=8-2&condition=new

The guy just launched though so watch out

[quote name='wo0ng']i already check fullmetal alchemist part 5 $27.99 in amazon[/QUOTE]

He is referring to the original series. You are referring to Brotherhood on Blu-ray. Don't make things confusing! lol

Already picked up Trigun from the sale earlier...

Then today went back to pick up Samurai Champloo since I like it and my wife is really into it (caught a few episodes on Netflix)

While I was adding that I saw Yu Yu Hakusho on Bluray and had to grab Season 1... then pre-ordered Season's 2 and 3 for Blu....

Why didn't this sale end earlier so I wouldn't have come back? Ha.

I've only watched a couple episodes and like it so far quite a bit.

Can anyone comment on Eden of the East and if it's re-watchable / worth buying?

[quote name='b3b0p']Can anyone comment on Eden of the East and if it's re-watchable / worth buying?[/QUOTE]
No replay value. It's interesting to watch purely for the twist on modern/real life, but I felt this one was lacking overall. Just go watch it on YouTube as other people pointed out and save your money.

[quote name='Jodou']No replay value. It's interesting to watch purely for the twist on modern/real life, but I felt this one was lacking overall. Just go watch it on YouTube as other people pointed out and save your money.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree with this. It's absolutely worth purchasing and rewatching.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Completely disagree with this. It's absolutely worth purchasing and rewatching.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I thought it was one of the more refreshing anime series in recent years.

I don't get you guys at all. Then again, I don't watch much anime anymore so I suppose if you're watching tons of mindless cartoons all the time then it does stand out.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't get you guys at all. Then again, I don't watch much anime anymore so I suppose if you're watching tons of mindless cartoons all the time then it does stand out.[/QUOTE]

Umm I like good plots, well developed characters, and the occasional beautiful animation. What's so confusing about that?

[quote name='fishphoenix']Anyone seen the Evangelion blu's? Are they worth watching / worth buying?[/QUOTE]

If you like Evangelion, of course they are. Phenomenal picture and sound quality.

bread's done
Back