[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']is it a good show? its available on netflix i think[/QUOTE]

I bought School Rumble the box set during the sale last year and loved this anime. Was hoping to see some Gintama or Eyeshield 21 but no luck.

it feels like Amazon is pushing me to buy Eden of the East lol. It appears in my goldbox like 5 times in the last 2 weeks. Already have evangelion 2.22 n one piece in the cart, debating whether or not I should get eden of the east also.. hmmm

I've never seen GT, and I heard it's awful, but for someone that's interested, $29.99 can't be that bad, right?

I'm also interested in the complete School Rumble boxset, and The count of monte cristo.

Any other anime reccomendations that are on sale? I haven't seen most of these, but they're all great prices.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Any recommendations for someone who's lost touch with Anime?[/QUOTE]

both Evangelion movies. and if you like samurai n stuff, sengoku basara is a good one. Also, check out Summer Wars.

[quote name='hetz15']both Evangelion movies. and if you like samurai n stuff, sengoku basara is a good one. Also, check out Summer Wars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, will def check those out.

[quote name='lorddct']Still no Ouran High school host club(blu) :([/QUOTE]

I thought the Blu set went OOP just recently- am I remembering wrong?

In any case... I can't get the sale link to work. I just end up on the Amazon main page. I mean, I doubt I'd get anything (I'm pretty much caught up on my DVDs right now) but it'd be nice to look.

Picked up Trigun. One of my favorite series so thanks for that!

Thinking about Yu Yu Hakusho on Bluray and Case Closed.... No must resist spending more monies...

I'm looking at:
Yu Yu Hakusho: Season 1 (My favorite shounen anime, childhood favorite, my freaking screen name, but never owned it)
Claymore: Complete Series (Looks like a nice and violent show)
Eden of East: Complete Series (Seems to be popular, but I don't know anything about it)

How is Samurai Champloo?

[quote name='Hiei69']I'm looking at:
Yu Yu Hakusho: Season 1 (My favorite shounen anime, childhood favorite, my freaking screen name, but never owned it)
Claymore: Complete Series (Looks like a nice and violent show)
Eden of East: Complete Series (Seems to be popular, but I don't know anything about it)

How is Samurai Champloo?[/QUOTE]

Champloo is quite amazing, definitely on par with Cowboy Bebop in my opinion.

OK totally off topic (I know, I'm sorry) but anyone have any idea if/when Rurouni Kenshin or Cowboy Bebop are hitting blu?

Just a reminder for anyone looking to get Eden of the East (which is a great series) that once the series ends there are two movies that end the story. The first one is already out on blu but the second one doesn't come out until I think august.

[quote name='Phokis']Is it just me, or is this not that "big" of a sale?

The prices are great, but the selection seems small.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are actually clicking the link to see the entire selection, cause the stuff in the op are just some of the highlights.

Ordered Eden of the East since I already picked up the 1st movie cheap (though not watched it yet). Have most of the blu-rays already that interest me except Sengoku Basara.

[quote name='pjb16']Ordered Eden of the East since I already picked up the 1st movie cheap (though not watched it yet). Have most of the blu-rays already that interest me except Sengoku Basara.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you haven't watched the movie yet, because you would have been completely and utterly lost since it's pretty much a continuation.

Great series though.

It has been a bit crazy with all these sales all at once

Amazon Anime sale
BN Criterion Sale
PSN Summer Sale

They're going to bleed me dry!

Might get Yu Yu Hakusho season 1, and the preorder for season 2 is only $23.99. I'd get Gungrave Blu-ray for $28.99 too, but the only advantage it would likely have over the DVD version I already own is fewer discs.

[quote name='sasuke543']I grew up watching DBZ and loved it to death, now I wanted to ask is the DBZ Kai version worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is completely worth it, I've always wanted to revisit my past with DBZ but didnt want to sit through all those episodes again, but Kai is so much better and there's things we never saw over here, I won't spoil anything but theres some things like neck snapping and so forth DBZ couldn't dream of showing back in the day. It's just a shame the fourth blu isn't on sale :(

Picked up GitS:SAC 1 & 2, along with Solid State Society. I went through the sale listings, and they weren't listed, but their product page says they're part of the sale. And they're cheaper than I've seen them in a long while (been hovering ~$45 or so, now ~$23.)

Fantastic show, if you've never seen it.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's mentioned in the op.

August 8th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. For some reason that image with the date in it didn't show up when I first read the OP.

doh

[quote name='INCyr']Picked up GitS:SAC 1 & 2, along with Solid State Society. I went through the sale listings, and they weren't listed, but their product page says they're part of the sale. And they're cheaper than I've seen them in a long while (been hovering ~$45 or so, now ~$23.)

Fantastic show, if you've never seen it.[/QUOTE]

It is a great show. Sadly the Solid State Society bluray isn't on sale :(

Edit: Technically it is on sale, but not by a whole lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='philippnguyen']I've been meaning to get some Detective Conan/Case Closed stuff, gonna have to see what i can get...[/QUOTE]Thanks for pointing these out. Loved watching them when they were on adult swim back in 2004. I'm so spoiled by blu-ray these days but with no release in sight I might go for these DVD versions anyhow. At 26 episodes per volume it seems like a great buy.

[quote name='Squarehard']I hope you are actually clicking the link to see the entire selection, cause the stuff in the op are just some of the highlights.[/QUOTE]

(smacks head)

I see my problem. Many of the blurays I was 'following' didn't go on sale, but a ton of dvd sets have.

Thanks for clearing that up and pointing out there was more than the highlights (which coincidentally covered the blurays I was following or that they didn't drop.)

There is a lot of cool stuff here, but the only thing I've been wanting lately is more Gundam. But there is none on that list, so my bank account is saved! :p

[quote name='INCyr']Picked up GitS:SAC 1 & 2, along with Solid State Society. I went through the sale listings, and they weren't listed, but their product page says they're part of the sale. And they're cheaper than I've seen them in a long while (been hovering ~$45 or so, now ~$23.)

Fantastic show, if you've never seen it.[/QUOTE]

Are they ever going to put GiTS:SAC on bluray? I keep holding out on picking it up because of that.

I have been wanting to try Slayers seasons 4 and 5. I loved Seasons 1 and 2 but 3 was disappointing.
I was going to netflix them but they only had instant version dub only.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Thanks for pointing these out. Loved watching them when they were on adult swim back in 2004. I'm so spoiled by blu-ray these days but with no release in sight I might go for these DVD versions anyhow. At 26 episodes per volume it seems like a great buy.[/QUOTE]

The Case Closed TV series will never be released on Blu-ray here. Ever.

[quote name='Skooba81']Right there with you earvcunanan, Hands down my favorite anime and the price was right to warrant the blu ray upgrade!![/QUOTE]

There's really no reason to upgrade if you own the DVDs already. It's just an upscale.

I'm waiting to see if Cowboy Bebop ever gets released on to blu-ray. Picked up Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 with the Amazon credit I get from my Amazon credit card. Great prices, thanks OP!

[quote name='Capocci 007']you guys think Dragon Ball will get a dragon box or complete series or should i buy the 5 seasons?

what about gt[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'll be a complete set but who knows with Funi. I would suggest you getting the series at Walmart as it's cheaper there,

Season 1 and 2 - $27.96
Season 3 and 4 - $29.96
Season 5 - $15.96

Walmart total: $73.88 (plus tax/shipping or free in-store pickup)
Amazon total for all 5: $94.95

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't think they'll be a complete set but who knows with Funi. I would suggest you getting the series at Walmart as it's cheaper there,

Season 1 and 2 - $27.96
Season 3 and 4 - $29.96
Season 5 - $15.96

Amazon total for all 5: $94.95[/QUOTE]

i think its nice deal walmart

[quote name='ssjmichael']You can watch the entire series on Youtube through Funimations channel . They have both english and Japanese versions:

http://www.youtube.com/show/edenoftheeast?s=1[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, after looking into some of the seedier places it was right there on youtube. Ended up ordering it anyways, since I was able to get it in my quick picks on Amazon. And I'm not sure if Youtube is having a bad day or what, because that stream was constantly locking up and taking forever to load on the lowest resolution.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't think they'll be a complete set but who knows with Funi. I would suggest you getting the series at Walmart as it's cheaper there,

Season 1 and 2 - $27.96
Season 3 and 4 - $29.96
Season 5 - $15.96

Amazon total for all 5: $94.95[/QUOTE]

Be careful buying all 5 DB sets at Walmart.com.... They sent mine in a huge bubble bag.... everything got destroyed during shipping.... They even sent me a replacement, I thought they would fix it and send it in a box. Nope, another bubble bag... Ruined them and I returned them.

bread's done
Back